Matte89.bb

Sep 11, 2017
I think that you people don't have to blame the developers that trick you.
You have to blame yourselves to fall for such obvious traps.
I like playing from time to time to a hentai game, but i would never ever give even only 1 dollar to these so called " developers ", that most of the time are amateurs without a plan or anything else.

They just want to make money on false promises of sex games, and they do money because people fall for their tricks.
So, i advise you to spend your money in better ways.

Reactions: lulinlul and tedtom

Uthior

Sep 3, 2017
You want to look like a sage, but anyone reading you knows that you are just a pretentious asshole.

Also, if spending a single dollar could get me more unfinished games of such quality, i would rather buy a few tens of them than a single finished game.

Reactions: Bernd83

kakhauf

Feb 13, 2017
I think that you people don't have to blame the developers that trick you.
You have to blame yourselves to fall for such obvious traps.
I like playing from time to time to a hentai game, but i would never ever give even only 1 dollar to these so called " developers ", that most of the time are amateurs without a plan or anything else.

They just want to make money on false promises of sex games, and they do money because people fall for their tricks.
So, i advise you to spend your money in better ways.
I disagree, there are some devs that deserve some gibs. The dev from The Twist did quite a good job, despite god awful English. Oni from Rogue-like as well but that's about it.

Reactions: Mack Truck

rainbowtwist

Aug 8, 2017
Classic... It seems to be a trend these days, all they had was that demo from september. After that was done they had nothing else, they spent 3/4 months "working on combat" and all they accomplished was a simple animation. They won't admit this project is done or they will lose all the money from the, still, clueless patrons lmao

Matte89.bb

Sep 11, 2017
You want to look like a sage, but anyone reading you knows that you are just a pretentious asshole.

Also, if spending a single dollar could get me more unfinished games of such quality, i would rather buy a few tens of them than a single finished game.
Interesting.

You call me pretentious asshole only on your personal assumptions, that are absolutely without a single fundament.

Not to mention that by your harsh and unpolite reply you made it clear that there is something that hurt you in my statement. Something personal.

Truth hurts, isn't it ? Well, i'm not the one that got fooled by some of those so called " developers"... unlike you.

Deny it, i don't care. I'm not a fool. Your first sentence, full of vitriol, betray you.

I disagree, there are some devs that deserve some gibs. The dev from The Twist did quite a good job, despite god awful English. Oni from Rogue-like as well but that's about it.
Indeed, i never said that all developers are people that aim to milk people of their money. But many does.

Uthior

Sep 3, 2017
Edit : You know what, forget it, i already said what i had to say. Apologies to those who felt offended or just bothered by my comment.

Bernd83

Feb 9, 2018
Well, let's see what we have here.
Even IF that story with a side project is right (Still don't have seen an official statement), I wouldn't say that the project was created as a scam. The reason is, that the plan was to get the game to a stage where they could bring it on steam. This way they would make more money as they would with only patreon. So I'm certain that there goal was to bring it forward.
I guess the problem is something else. A game that they have planed is to big in scope for just 2 ppl. (More on that later). It felt for me more that they struggled how to get the pieces they create into an actual game. The last news was about an new character and characters react to collision. Neat gimmicks but nothing I would say is important atm. They may have much experience in technical stuff, but it seems like they really need someone with Quest and World design.
Now for there income and employee state: Patreon hovers for a while around 10k. Seems much but isn't when you break it down. Don't know how many of this ppl listed on patreon are full time employees and how many freelancers. But even when you have say 4 ppl. Thats 2,5k per person. Now you have taxes. They live in germany and are self-employed. That's roundabout 1700€ netto. That's nothing compared what they with their experience would earn in the industrie. Now Minus office rent, licenses and so on.
So from a financial standpoint it would make more sense to get back to their old work OR get the game to a state where you can bring it on steam and have your payout.

tldr:
For the scope of the game and needed manpower the 10k is underfunded. Steam release would be the only way they can get real money out of it.

Reactions: marmaduke

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016
lol someone just posted the patreon update here then deleted it immediately, basically saying "we don't have enough money to make wild life into the game we want it to be, so we're going to start a VR side project and focus on that in the mean time to bring in the cash"

ggs everyone, sounds like wild life is dead
What the flying fuck lmao

Also, they are apparently hiring more people. So they dont have enough funding to make the game (They fucking do) but they hire more people to make the claimed side project?

Also, if this is actually true, they are making a VR game because they saw its easier and faster from all these games that have popped around now that are you in a room with a girl in first person and thats it, and they will probably keep releasing updates every 3-4 months as they were.

Bernd83

Feb 9, 2018
What the flying fuck lmao
(...)
Also, if this is actually true, they are making a VR game because they saw its easier and faster from all these games that have popped around now that are you in a room with a girl in first person and thats it, and they will probably keep releasing updates every 3-4 months as they were.
Huh..! Yeah, if it's true, a VR game would make the most sense. Everything for that is allready in place. Wouldn't be stupid not to use the existing stuff for an VR showroom. Every Animation you create you can use in both projects.
It would be an quick to create project, but with a limited audience, since you need a VR Headset.
Well, still if this is the case.

Matte89.bb

Sep 11, 2017
The logic of all of this...

So the developers, after months of developing this game, decided more or less to stop and start again. Making it a VR game. And in the mean time patreon people pay. Sigh.

It's like (hypothetical scenario) as if a car developer wants to create a new car. He ask for funds and people give him funds monthly.

After 7 months he decided that he does not like the car because he designed it with manual transmission.

So he switch to automatic transmission. And in the mean time, other 6 months in which people gave him funds have passed.

In this hypothetical scenario, the funders would have all the right to ask back the money of the funds that they gave in the first 7 months, because it is not their problem if the developer decided after 7 months that he did not like anymore the manual transmission. And the developer would be forced to give them back, else the funders would stop funding him and he would go bankrupt.

This is exactly what's happening here. Funders are you patreons.

The only difference is that you can't ask money back.

If after 6 months the developers decide that VR is bad, scrap the project and start again from zero...you will have lost again months of patreon fee for nothing.

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016
The logic of all of this...

So the developers, after months of developing this game, decided more or less to stop and start again. Making it a VR game. And in the mean time patreon people pay. Sigh.

It's like (hypothetical scenario) as if a car developer wants to create a new car. He ask for funds and people give him funds monthly.

After 7 months he decided that he does not like the car because he designed it with manual transmission.

So he switch to automatic transmission. And in the mean time, other 6 months in which people gave him funds have passed.

In this hypothetical scenario, the funders would have all the right to ask back the money of the funds that they gave in the first 7 months, because it is not their problem if the developer decided after 7 months that he did not like anymore the manual transmission. And the developer would be forced to give them back, else the funders would stop funding him and he would go bankrupt.

This is exactly what's happening here. Funders are you patreons.

The only difference is that you can't ask money back.

If after 6 months the developers decide that VR is bad, scrap the project and start again from zero...you will have lost again months of patreon fee for nothing.
You can chargeback that ass. You would probably get in problems with the devs and have to have lawyers and shit, and you would win easy, but you would have to go through the hassle. But, you can chargeback that ass.

Bernd83

Feb 9, 2018
For the moment this is all more or less speculation.

Someone posted that the patreon post said, that they will start a side project to raise money for wild life. Then he deleted it instantly. There is a possibility that this statement is true, but it's still not confirmed.
This whole VR Stuff was a guess, since it would make the most sense. They experienced in the Christmas build with VR and everything for that is already there and they won't need to start from scratch for that.

bigpenniser

Aug 7, 2016
For the moment this is all more or less speculation.

Someone posted that the patreon post said, that they will start a side project to raise money for wild life. Then he deleted it instantly. There is a possibility that this statement is true, but it's still not confirmed.
This whole VR Stuff was a guess, since it would make the most sense. They experienced in the Christmas build with VR and everything for that is already there and they won't need to start from scratch for that.
Thing is that when you havent released shit in 6(?) months, everything bad that someone says gets a lot more weight.

Matte89.bb

Sep 11, 2017
You can chargeback that ass. You would probably get in problems with the devs and have to have lawyers and shit, and you would win easy, but you would have to go through the hassle. But, you can chargeback that ass.
Another reason why i do not use Patreon.
Unlike Paypal, i feel as if with Patreon you are way less protected as a customer.

3.80 star(s) 176 Votes