DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
Krosos ;

If newer build are getting worse, then that means you have a defective development team. Whether that is because someone lied in their job interview and were not capable of doing the tasks given to them, had zero experience in making an RPG, or were ignoring the feedback that was telling them what should be their priorities, ... it is really hard to say which of these are the culprit.

For most games, your builds should be improving over time, as the team works better with eachother, and they learn what they need to learn, in order to make things work. Typically when builds get worse over time, people lose interest and move on. The honeymoon period with Wild Life's development may be coming to an end soon, and suddenly they'll see a mass exodus of people leaving their patreon, unless their build quality improves.

Honestly, it could go either way at this point; either they keep trying to ride the wave of income, thinking it will never disappear or they put effort into making it play better.

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
It really depends when visual quality gets higher and higher complexity mostly automatically rises and it gets harder to compensate this is very well visible in the for now most complex part which is the whole Fisher Village Map.

Also the CUM System it changed in many ways throughout it's first iteration and i often look back now and compare in which direction.

Last edited:

sstoutle2019

Dec 18, 2019
If only three things are added to this game, it will be reborn as the best game ever.
1th: It is an in-game mesh and pose builder and costume builder (ex: customizing penis size and various poses)
2th: Touch system by the hand and mouse pointer of NPCs in the game (ex. Vagina can be opened by hand)
3th: It is an in-game house builder (houses, furnitures, interiors, and Lightings etc.)

benisfug

Aug 18, 2018
It really depends when visual quality gets higher and higher complexity mostly automatically rises and it gets harder to compensate this is very well visible in the for now most complex part which is the whole Fisher Village Map.

Also the CUM System it changed in many ways throughout it's first iteration and i often look back now and compare in which direction.
A bigger problem I don't see brought up much is the planned open world thing. If they can't get a little area like the village running well I can't imagine how it's going to run when they start expanding.

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
marmaduke ;

The issues I have with the newer builds are:

1. They keep adding in new prototype systems, but don't end up removing existing prototype systems, or improving upon the existing systems. Lets take combat and sex, as two examples:

Combat, first started with the Spear. Then they added the Bow, which made Spear combat pretty pointless, as you could more easily and more effectively kill even Chakkar. Then they added the Assault Rifle, which made the Bow pretty pointless and the Spear even more so. They haven't gone back and removed the Spear or the Bow. They haven't improved either of them in over a year. Heck, even the Assault Rifle has issues like not having an ammo counter, and they haven't implemented something simple like that yet.

Sex, first started with basic animation loops. Then they added gangbang scenes that required you to memorize which specific people you have to gather up into a group, to engage it with. Then, they added multi-grouped animation loops, wherein there is an idle, a foreplay, a main, an internal and an external cumshot. Then, they added the prototype sex system for humans, with effective transitions between each action. Then, they created sandbox specific scenes and story mode specific scenes. But, many of these older basic animation loops have issues. For example take the Minotaur Throne animations, wherein the minotaur sits on midair. Or the fact that many of these basic animations don't even have anal/vaginal options or the pose variation slider does nothing. There is no consistency of these things in the basic animations. The gangbang scenes typically have neither a pose variation or a vaginal/anal change either.

They really need to prune the things from the game that they don't want, and more heavily focus the experience. Because right now, it feels like a serious case of feature creep, spectacle creep, and a complete lack of development direction / good design.

2. Physics seems to get worse and worse. The number of times, I've seen the girls boob go inverted or get stuck in her arm, or has a misalignment of cock to hole, seems to increase with every new build. Considering they haven't changed many of the old animations, I don't see why these errors keep popping up. I also liked that in the older builds, back in 2017/2018, you could modify the physics to suit your preferences, then they got rid of that.

3. Performance seems to get worse and worse. Texture pop-in and object pop-in was supposed to be addressed by the extended load screen that they implemented, but now its starting to occur again. I can handle a solid 60 fps in most areas, even flying, but it absolutely tanks in the Fisher village, to the point of it affecting gameplay. A shooter needs to maintain a minimum of 30 fps, before it becomes hard to react to threats in time. I could understand performance getting worse if they implemented a Witcher 3 wind physics system, or had ray tracing, or used HDR instead of Bloom, but they aren't doing any of these things.

4. Cum still looks like wet paint. And you don't get leaking creampies and any creampies you attempt just explode onto her skin anyway. So why both having an internal orgasm option, when there is no possibility of creampies, gaping, or keeping cum in the holes and not magically appear on her skin.

5. Story seems to get worse and worse. The dialogue systems are getting worse, the text has more and more typos, you have nonsensical actions that lead to sex, and honestly it just feels like they should focus more of the sex elements, and less on the story elements, because every attempt they've done on the lore, or story, or quest development has made the game worse, rather than better.

I could rant on further, but these are the top 5 points.

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
A bigger problem I don't see brought up much is the planned open world thing. If they can't get a little area like the village running well I can't imagine how it's going to run when they start expanding.
Part of this can be solved more so when Unreal 5 goes into full production state.

DKOC
I disagree the 33.3 ms target in the Fisher Village is reached for comparable realistic system goals in UHD on DX11 even with 4 Cores.
Which should almost perfectly scale to 16.6 ms @ 1080p

But it currently as well depends on how many characters are on screen at once it is partly doing a efficient instancing
CPU overhead becomes the highest culprit as with every Open World target.
Without Unreal 4.22 it would be more of a disaster.

On the Cum part yeah but we are just about to enter acceptable budget fluid simulations

Last edited:

_NAMELESS_

Jul 22, 2020
Do i really have to download entire game everytime there is a new patch ? Is there no way to just download the update ?

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
Krosos;

Very few people find 2k or 4k acceptable at 30 fps. A 30 fps target in general, these days, is unacceptable, with games like Doom 2016 capable of attaining a solid 60 fps. Some games feel that even 60 fps isn't acceptable, with a push towards 90 fps.

I'm running 1080p, with 6 cores 3.3ghz, 16 gb ddr4, and a Titan X 12gb, and can achieve 60 fps in most areas, but not the Fisher Village, wherein I'm continually dropping to 20s or less FPS, which is unbearable for gun/shooting conditions.

As far as the fisher village goes, I think the reason why it tanks is because the developers are over-using particle generators. In UE4, particle generators are extremely computationally expensive, and should be used sparingly. A single generator can produce millions of particles, in an optimized fashion, but it terms of computational costs, 1 generator pumping out 1 million particles is the equivalent cost to 5 generators pumping out 10,000 particles each. Particle generators are definitely being used to create things like wind-effects, bugs, leaves falling, drooping spores, etc...

CPU Overhead actually isn't the biggest bottleneck. That actually tends to be RAM clock speed and number of cores in your graphics card. If you are getting a CPU bottleneck from graphics and physics, then that is going to mean that you can't have much in the way of multi-threading, concurrency, gameplay, or entities in the worldspace.

On the cum part, it is hardly acceptable, when a game built in Unity, True Facials, was able to achieve liquid physics effectively, but for reasons unknown, can't be achieved in UE4.

Reactions: Slayer128
Mar 10, 2019
Very few people find 2k or 4k acceptable at 30 fps. A 30 fps target in general, these days, is unacceptable, with games like Doom 2016 capable of attaining a solid 60 fps. Some games feel that even 60 fps isn't acceptable, with a push towards 90 fps.
Honestly, can you see difference by your eyes? I can't see any difference in anything above 30 fps.
The only advantage of game running at 60 fps is that I can set 30 fps limit and reduce GPU load and cooling fan noise.

Even movie video formats are running at 24, 25 or 30 fps. There is no reason for more.
You can see formats running at double rate, but these are interleaved half frames (odd lines in one frame, even lines in next frame) which existed only to get around physical properties of CRT screen technology (fast fading luminescent dots).

DerWahrePeter

Oct 5, 2019
marmaduke ;

The issues I have with the newer builds are:

1. They keep adding in new prototype systems, but don't end up removing existing prototype systems, or improving upon the existing systems. Lets take combat and sex, as two examples:

Combat, first started with the Spear. Then they added the Bow, which made Spear combat pretty pointless, as you could more easily and more effectively kill even Chakkar. Then they added the Assault Rifle, which made the Bow pretty pointless and the Spear even more so. They haven't gone back and removed the Spear or the Bow. They haven't improved either of them in over a year. Heck, even the Assault Rifle has issues like not having an ammo counter, and they haven't implemented something simple like that yet.

Sex, first started with basic animation loops. Then they added gangbang scenes that required you to memorize which specific people you have to gather up into a group, to engage it with. Then, they added multi-grouped animation loops, wherein there is an idle, a foreplay, a main, an internal and an external cumshot. Then, they added the prototype sex system for humans, with effective transitions between each action. Then, they created sandbox specific scenes and story mode specific scenes. But, many of these older basic animation loops have issues. For example take the Minotaur Throne animations, wherein the minotaur sits on midair. Or the fact that many of these basic animations don't even have anal/vaginal options or the pose variation slider does nothing. There is no consistency of these things in the basic animations. The gangbang scenes typically have neither a pose variation or a vaginal/anal change either.

They really need to prune the things from the game that they don't want, and more heavily focus the experience. Because right now, it feels like a serious case of feature creep, spectacle creep, and a complete lack of development direction / good design.

2. Physics seems to get worse and worse. The number of times, I've seen the girls boob go inverted or get stuck in her arm, or has a misalignment of cock to hole, seems to increase with every new build. Considering they haven't changed many of the old animations, I don't see why these errors keep popping up. I also liked that in the older builds, back in 2017/2018, you could modify the physics to suit your preferences, then they got rid of that.

3. Performance seems to get worse and worse. Texture pop-in and object pop-in was supposed to be addressed by the extended load screen that they implemented, but now its starting to occur again. I can handle a solid 60 fps in most areas, even flying, but it absolutely tanks in the Fisher village, to the point of it affecting gameplay. A shooter needs to maintain a minimum of 30 fps, before it becomes hard to react to threats in time. I could understand performance getting worse if they implemented a Witcher 3 wind physics system, or had ray tracing, or used HDR instead of Bloom, but they aren't doing any of these things.

4. Cum still looks like wet paint. And you don't get leaking creampies and any creampies you attempt just explode onto her skin anyway. So why both having an internal orgasm option, when there is no possibility of creampies, gaping, or keeping cum in the holes and not magically appear on her skin.

5. Story seems to get worse and worse. The dialogue systems are getting worse, the text has more and more typos, you have nonsensical actions that lead to sex, and honestly it just feels like they should focus more of the sex elements, and less on the story elements, because every attempt they've done on the lore, or story, or quest development has made the game worse, rather than better.

I could rant on further, but these are the top 5 points.
Wow, wtf is that rant even?

Spear and bow are useless compared to the gun, so just remove them? What, did the native fisher village developed guns before spears and bows or what?

Story is getting worse? There was no story! And there still is but one very basic quest in the game. It's ridiculous trying to deduce a 'trend' from one placeholder quest to another placeholder quest.

Performance gets worse? Duh. Have you seen the amount of foliage in the new area? The more complex the geometry, the more polygons need to be rendered, the more the GPU gets taxed. I hate to break it to you, but performance improvements are always the last thing to get tackled in any game development cycle, as can be clearly seen with Cyberpunk's console launch.

The physics aren't getting worse, there is just more stuff going on. The physics don't get 'programmed in', it's a module that calculates boob jiggle live as you're playing the game and is impacted by your FPS. Now, that module can be tweaked to stop the physics engine going ape-shit, but that is, like performance improvements, low on the priority list and will get done last.

Same also goes for the cum physics. They're not set in stone, they can change. but changing them now before the full scope of the game is developed is just means that you most likely have to change it again in the future.

Reactions: DDoS_V4

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Honestly, can you see difference by your eyes? I can't see any difference in anything above 30 fps.
The only advantage of game running at 60 fps is that I can set 30 fps limit and reduce GPU load and cooling fan noise.

Even movie video formats are running at 24, 25 or 30 fps. There is no reason for more.
You can see formats running at double rate, but these are interleaved half frames (odd lines in one frame, even lines in next frame) which existed only to get around physical properties of CRT screen technology (fast fading luminescent dots).
While you can ceertainly not see a crystal clear difference, there really is.
For a long time I only ever saw 30fps and lower because of my components, and I was fine with it, completely fine, I thought of 30fps to be perfect and never complained because I wasn't playing games that urged me to react instantly to things.
Then I upgraded and 30fps is now ass compared to anything over 40fps, it's just something else.
That being said I don't see the need for anything higher than 30-40 in a game like this. Sure it makes sense in some titles and more optimization is always good but not at the development stage of WL. From what I know, optimising things now would give them a headache in trying to improve / change their game later on.

Reactions: DDoS_V4

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
The thing is everything needs to be running in 60 FPS if just the Game time is but for example animations are lower running or physics it makes no real sense, and it can also create strange behavior like flipping hair a currently very big problem of every indie so far trying to get it efficiently working.
Still Doom/Eternal is using a lot of tricks also in many areas like with alot Alembic animations instead of real physic simulation.
Overall im very unimpressed by most Unreal Sex Simulation Games for now seeing VAMS progress it is light years ahead in terms of the most complex parts which aren't Graphics anymore.
Only Sex Simulation Game on the right track for me is Holodexxx in overall complexity, the others are mostly nothing special.

The best in Doom/Eternal is it's very optimized Multithreaded Vulkan Core and the absolutely best TAA that can holdup even vs Nvidia DLSS.

The best in class Character Crowd Instancing goes to Hitman (IO Interactive)

True Facials is complexity wise a bit of a joke as well it doesn't have to handle all the complexity on screen that Wild-LIfe has to handle per each rendered frame.
And im not sure what is so fascinating about the Cum System it still looks weird as it can be, maybe Anime/Hentai users are happy with such results but PBR Freaks aren't

Last edited:

DKOC

Feb 1, 2019
Horrible Degenerate ;

Yes there is a major difference in 30 fps and 60 fps. If you want a visual example, there is a youtuber named Gibi Asmr, that does some of her videos in 60 fps. Then watch one of her older videos, and the difference is clear as day.

For most games, you can get away with 30 fps, but not shooters or real time strategy. If you have slow reflexes, then maybe you might be able to do a shooter in 30 fps or less, but I can't. I'm used to UT3 Godlike Bots, at max turn acceleration and max sensitivity, and I win all my games with a 2-5 KDR; against human players I usually don't die.

VR tends to be even more demanding, with the Oculus Rift requiring the output to be at 90 FPS.

Human eyes can typically see up to 120 fps, and anything beyond that, we don't notice much of a difference. But, the amount of difference noted, is an exponentially decreasing value. So from 60 to 120, is roughly the same difference as 30 to 60, so each frame is less and less noticeable. It would be very hard to tell much of a difference between 90 to 120, but it would be there.

DerWahrePeter ;

Its fine that you don't agree with my rant. That is your opinion. However:

1] Just because there are tribals, doesn't mean you the player need to use those weapons. Also it takes significantly more training in how to use a spear or bow, than it does to train a human to use a gun. Have you ever tried firing a bow, vs a gun? Very different mechanics. If you are playing as Maya, then sure, use tribal weapons as she is tribal. But why does Max need to use a bow or a spear, when an assault rifle shot to a spacedeer's head is far more efficient at killing it than an arrow.

2] Games with two separate character foci are problematic for players. Witcher 3 did that with the Ciri sections... which were honestly the worst parts of the game as she had none of the powers or abilities Geralt has. This game "was" focusing on Maya, and now it is on "Max". Most games struggle with doing the story well for one character, much less two. Maya's story seems much better than Max's and the dialogue differences between the two and the interactions, and the more staggered time between actions and sex, is far better in Maya's demo questline than in Maxs. There is more direction and harder to get lost in Maya's questline too. Those are all indicators that the story is getting objectively worse.

3] Increased amount of foliage shouldn't be causing that much of an increase in performance costs. Unless of course, they aren't using Occulsion Culling and are drawing everything within X radius of the player, rather than drawing things in chunks. If increased foliage is causing a huge performance impact, then, what happens when they add wind physics to the scene? Suddenly no one can play the game. The total number of polygons and texture data on the screen, seems to be less than what developers of Witcher 3 has stated is in its game, so the game should run better than Witcher 3. But isn't.

4] If physics is going wonky, it is because someone modified the entire physics code or modified a specific portion of the code affecting certain objects. If for example, you change gravity from 9.8m/s^2 to say 10.0, everything will be affected. Just because there is more going on, shouldn't affect the physics of say things like boobs. If it did, then wind physics and hair hitting boobs, would cause boobs to jiggle. In physics systems there are constraints and only certain things are allowed to affect physic objects. If a bug fixed in other builds is cropping up again, then they modified the physic constraints in some manner.

5] I'm pretty sure the cum physics ARE set in stone. The original cum system had volume and viscosity to it, in this game, but they got rid of it for this system. Its unlikely they will return to that system, and thus it will remain wet paint, forever.

Krosos; What game are those gifs from?

Mar 10, 2019
Yes there is a major difference in 30 fps and 60 fps. If you want a visual example, there is a youtuber named Gibi Asmr, that does some of her videos in 60 fps. Then watch one of her older videos, and the difference is clear as day.

For most games, you can get away with 30 fps, but not shooters or real time strategy. If you have slow reflexes, then maybe you might be able to do a shooter in 30 fps or less, but I can't. I'm used to UT3 Godlike Bots, at max turn acceleration and max sensitivity, and I win all my games with a 2-5 KDR; against human players I usually don't die.

Human eyes can typically see up to 120 fps, and anything beyond that, we don't notice much of a difference. But, the amount of difference noted, is an exponentially decreasing value. So from 60 to 120, is roughly the same difference as 30 to 60, so each frame is less and less noticeable. It would be very hard to tell much of a difference between 90 to 120, but it would be there.
I've tried one of these YT comparison videos, where they are playing games 30 fps in one half of the screen and 60 fps in another.
I can't notice any difference. Except when there is fast rotating object where you can see subsampling effect. I had to play it at half speed to see the difference clearly or at 0.75 speed to barely notice something. Maybe I could see the difference if I was 18, but I'm much older now.
Yes, if the computer can barely run the game at 30 fps, it's likely to be slow on input responses and other video unrelated stuff that you would notice clearly.

Well, my 9 years old display running at it's maximum refresh rate of 60 Hz may be hiding some rapid image dynamics.

CountessC21

May 16, 2020
Hello i have some doubt about the cam presets i would like them to follow an order like 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 but it doesnt allow me in such a way that they are random. Is there any way to follow an order? thx

Krosos

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2018
I've tried one of these YT comparison videos, where they are playing games 30 fps in one half of the screen and 60 fps in another.
I can't notice any difference. Except when there is fast rotating object where you can see subsampling effect. I had to play it at half speed to see the difference clearly or at 0.75 speed to barely notice something. Maybe I could see the difference if I was 18, but I'm much older now.
Yes, if the computer can barely run the game at 30 fps, it's likely to be slow on input responses and other video unrelated stuff that you would notice clearly.

Well, my 9 years old display running at it's maximum refresh rate of 60 Hz may be hiding some rapid image dynamics.
A well Optimized Latency Target 30 vs 60 will be perceptible especially for any Precise Motion like a Sports Game, Beat em Ups, Flight Simulations, or in a Sex Simulation, the difference is huge when everything runs 16.6 ms vs 33.3 ms in Sync.
Normal People describe 33.3 ms also as the Slow Experience while 16.6 ms is being percepted as more fluid.
On television it is immediately perceptible between a Sport Event and a Hollywood Movie or a TV Soap Opera that tries to simulate RealLife Time vs a Hollywood TV Series like Game of Thrones for example.

Some youtubers measure it wrong and they even do the rest wrong when it comes to Video Compression.

It is all about Latency and Video Compression itself can be latency affected.

Also many youtubers do not understand what a complete Sync 16.6 ms experience is they do not understand when parts running 33.3 ms but overall they get shown a 16.6 ms final result.

A factor of 2x in latency you gonna realize bellow 33.3 ms you gonna realize it already even at 20 ms vs 16 ms and at 10-8 ms it becomes super fluid

You will rarely hear a Game or Video Engineer talking about FPS at all they see their World in milliseconds.

10 ms is seen as the input boarder where a Human can't realize the input/output difference anymore reaching 10 ms is super important for any touch interface like on a Smartphone or VR.

DKOC
Virt-A-Mate, but it is hard to describe it as a Game rather than a "Life Changing Experience" ;)

Last edited:

Red_7285

Nov 23, 2019

If you ever try a monitor with a high refresh rate (120, 144) then you'll be able to tell the difference, and it's night and day.
Displays that are 60 hz could have built in smoothing, or just slow pixel response times that blur everything together.
On my old 60 hz display I could enjoy all 24 fps movies and it looked smooth. On my 120 hz display with 0 smoothing I can almost count the frames.

3.80 star(s) 176 Votes