cavjustica

Nov 3, 2018
That is a six year old card though...
I had a 380X... and it is actually still one of the fastest cards available for reasonable prices.

It is for example faster than the most popular card according to steam, so if your game is running too slow on 380... it is too slow for most people.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I had a 380X... and it is actually still one of the fastest cards available for reasonable prices.

It is for example faster than the most popular card according to steam, so if your game is running too slow on 380... it is too slow for most people.
In regard of benchmarks it get beaten by a 1060, that is a 5 year old card as well.

rlgrlg

May 14, 2018

That's some very wrong information. Like someone already said, the most popular GPU rn is the 1060, which performs like 50% better than a 380X.

ArthurkPendragon

Jul 24, 2020
So far is there just the tutorial mission and sandbox? or am I doing something wrong after the tutorial mission when i've slept with more people? Also how do I change my gender in the sandbox mode?

DPMaker

Donor
Game Developer
Feb 21, 2018
Yo I made a video about what I don't like about Wild Life. Hoping some other people in here have the same opinion.

Reactions: judaszzxx

Sorrowsiren

Jun 19, 2018
Yo I made a video about what I don't like about Wild Life. Hoping some other people in here have the same opinion.
Yo bro, didn't the early demo at least give you the option of a female protag? And um a lot less hack-n-slash..

Haha, they're making the same mistake that destroyed "Star wars Online" ages ago. Are they actually trying to turn a RPG into an action shooter? You know in my 40 year old life of being a game geek that has nearly never ended well for the company.

(This shit has gotten boring, I'm so old and just watching repeats of the world making the same mistakes from 1984)

(I don't know anymore. I gave up on media actually being able to come up with a new idea at around 2005. I've spent the better part of the last decade of my life watching movies and playing games that are just regurgitations of something that was made 20 years ago.

Last edited:

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Imho, as a game dev, the more you crap on other game devs, the more you really elevate yourself to deliver something spectacular though.

Wild life atm is not much more than a tech demo. If it had been an actual working game suitable for early access on steam they probably would have released it as such. Feedback from people about their computers get turned into toasters and similar is much bigger issues than place holder fetch quests etc.

Big problem with Patreon funding at this level is acountability. In the gaming industry else there is time frames, dead lines. project boundaries to stick with. With the exceptions of things like Star Citizen, which much like Wild Life is a monster that just keep going because people throw cash at it.

Sorrowsiren

Jun 19, 2018
And yeah. I'm still rocking a 380x. Because quess what. In the last 5 years there haven't been any games made that I actually feel that I needed to spend 400 bucks on a new card... I've only run into a handful that didn't run fine on this and it's been a long while since I played a game that I actually thought was good. (If my P.C. can't run a game I'm like okay. Next. There's only about 100 more fish in the sea and hopefully one of these won't suck with how fast they're pumping out shit games these days.)

(Nier: Automata maybe? Hell I used to adore MMORPGs till I played like 5 in a row where every single person in the game seemed to think the entire game was about how fast you could speed run a dungeon.)

Once Smartphones and Tablets became the social standard, PC gaming hit a dead end. IMHO.

Gundamu0079

Sep 19, 2018
And yeah. I'm still rocking a 380x. Because quess what. In the last 5 years there haven't been any games made that I actually feel that I needed to spend 400 bucks on a new card... I've only run into a handful that didn't run fine on this and it's been a long while since I played a game that I actually thought was good.

(Nier: Automata maybe? Hell I used to adore MMORPGs till I played like 5 in a row where every single person in the game seemed to think the entire game was about how fast you could speed run a dungeon.)

Once Smartphones and Tablets became the social standard, PC gaming hit a dead end. IMHO.
you lost the argument when you said tablet/smartphones became the standard..... lol no, they most have low quality games.

yeh pc gaming is so dead that last year they broke record for pc and pc components sales.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
you lost the argument when you said tablet/smartphones became the standard..... lol no, they most have low quality games.

yeh pc gaming is so dead that last year they broke record for pc and pc components sales.
Well the pandemic had a large influence on that though. Forcing people to stay at home, then activities such as gaming go sky high. Steam activty gone through the roof compared to normal. Issue these days is getting components at reasonable cost due to scalping, bitcoin mining industry, and the great global shortage of semi conductors. I sold some old gfx cards I had for more than what they cost me new several years ago.

cooperdk

Engaged Member
Jul 23, 2017
Problem is that starting a kickstarter while you have a very succesfull Patreon can be poorly received quite easily.

People could legitimitly said : If your goal is only to advertise the game, then why do you choose to create a kickstater while you have so many other options ?
I agree, Kickstarter is for starting up a project. This project is maturing so they actually don't qualify for Kickstarter.

Reactions: HardcoreCuddler

HardcoreCuddler

Engaged Member
Aug 4, 2020
Yea the latest graphics in the last Asphalt game blew me away.
I was impressed by the handling as well.
/s
Well the pandemic had a large influence on that though. Forcing people to stay at home, then activities such as gaming go sky high. Steam activty gone through the roof compared to normal. Issue these days is getting components at reasonable cost due to scalping, bitcoin mining industry, and the great global shortage of semi conductors. I sold some old gfx cards I had for more than what they cost me new several years ago.
that boosted laptop, console, phone and tablet sales too, not just PC sales

AdeptusSteve

Game Developer
Jun 9, 2017
Respect for asking the real questions. I wanna see some xeno people too.
I see you guys are adding another human, when can we finally see a female Lizard?
Dont worry. We have not forgotten about her. She still will come, and it will be glorious ;)
But it just will happen a bit later than I would have liked to.

3.80 star(s) 172 Votes