user0609

Dec 17, 2018
I have a "MSI GAMING GeForce GTX 1060 6GB". It's not the newest card, but I don't think it should create any problems as the game itself ran really well. And older builds, last one being 31.08.2021, worked normally. Something changed with the next build that then persisted.
Windows 7?

Mar 10, 2019
Honestly, the black screen and startup issues that you and kolng are experiencing might actually be a spec problem. Just a shot in the dark, but maybe the devs are just biased towards nvidia cards?
I have the black screen bug as the others. Nvidia RTX2070, i7@4GHz, 32GB ram.
Running it on Wine in Windows 10 mode. Latest drivers, latest DXVK, latest stable Wine version.
I wonder if we are stuck with the build 2021.08.31 forever or if devs are trying to trace this bug. Like adding more reporting to the log that could hint on the cause.

AdeptusSteve

Game Developer
Jun 9, 2017
I have the black screen bug as the others. Nvidia RTX2070, i7@4GHz, 32GB ram.
Running it on Wine in Windows 10 mode. Latest drivers, latest DXVK, latest stable Wine version.
I wonder if we are stuck with the build 2021.08.31 forever or if devs are trying to trace this bug. Like adding more reporting to the log that could hint on the cause.
A user on our discord had the same issue and we suggested him to do the following:
Delete the splash screen logo movies found here: \2021.12.17_Shipping_Test_Build_1\WindowsNoEditor\WildLifeC\Content\Movies\
and start the game. It could be that some codec is missing and the computer hangs on trying to play them or something.
We havent heard back from that user but id be interested in knowing if that could help you.
Our coders are also looking into a potential fix from the startup code of the game so hopefully (if that was the issue) this is sorted out of the box for future releases.

Mar 10, 2019
Delete the splash screen logo movies found here: \2021.12.17_Shipping_Test_Build_1\WindowsNoEditor\WildLifeC\Content\Movies\
and start the game. It could be that some codec is missing and the computer hangs on trying to play them or something.
It works!!!

Menu loads, map loads, haven't tested further yet.
So all the next build needs is to add a detection that the movie is not played so the game skips that (or some time limit then proceed to the next step anyway).
Weirdly I can play these files using default player with my codecs.

Thanks much for support!

Reactions: Slayer128

kolng

Oct 28, 2017
A user on our discord had the same issue and we suggested him to do the following:
We havent heard back from that user but id be interested in knowing if that could help you.
Our coders are also looking into a potential fix from the startup code of the game so hopefully (if that was the issue) this is sorted out of the box for future releases.
Worked, thank you. A small token of gratitude, a tip, if you will, from us rabble.
As long as I am a student though, I am a pirate! (was planning on buying on release, as I'm sure a lot of ppl are.)

You can only guess what the user you haven't heard from went on doing. Truly, a mystery.
1640117854327.png

hever50

Jun 20, 2017
Whtas broken about them? Ive read this before and its got me wondering hard. Can you maybe post a video what happens ?
I can't video because it keeps crashing but basically there is no "weight". The boobs float and have no compression effect on tighter clothes. Should note its easily seen on larger tit sizes

This same issue happened before but was solved when you turn view distance higher, but now its back and I and many others can't figure it out. Perhaps someone else with this problem can chime in?

Reactions: srg91

AdeptusSteve

Game Developer
Jun 9, 2017
I can't video because it keeps crashing but basically there is no "weight". The boobs float and have no compression effect on tighter clothes. Should note its easily seen on larger tit sizes

This same issue happened before but was solved when you turn view distance higher, but now its back and I and many others can't figure it out. Perhaps someone else with this problem can chime in?
Does this only happen on max size boobs from customization?

AdeptusSteve

Game Developer
Jun 9, 2017
It looks like the bug is always there, just more noticable on larger sizes. You can slowly enlarge them and see the physics slowly "break".
I would really love to have a video of this, this is never something ive seen happen and afaik no one on our discord has experienced something like this.

Reactions: septacycell

hever50

Jun 20, 2017
I would really love to have a video of this, this is never something ive seen happen and afaik no one on our discord has experienced something like this.
Thanks for helping the pirates, it looks like this

hever50

Jun 20, 2017
That jittering is a byproduct of resetting the physics with every tick on the slider. When you let go of the slider they should resume business as usual.
Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot but might be a little miscommunication, at the end of the video you see how the chest physics sort of float? Thats the issue I'm referring to, and it persists afterwards no matter what happens.

If you have some spare time, search this post about "view distance" which solved this exact issue in the past, but now no settings seem to help

Reactions: srg91
3.80 star(s) 172 Votes