GEr01

Jan 29, 2022
Anyone knows how I can hide/trigger objects with buttons/levers/trigger zones? It would be really nice if I could trigger lights on and off. They are extremely demanding on the computer and 10 light sources easily halves FPS. Any idea if this is possible and how to do it?

troufas

Nov 13, 2018
1656685810144.png
I am trying to set it up so that when the animation goes from the first option to the second one (in this case they are both named the same), it sends a message/trigger with the animation number to another automation item and i can't get it to work. Any one can help with this?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: FeltTheNeed

friskall

Jul 12, 2018
Possible to download just an update ? don't wanna delete full previus version and download whole game again

Puma1978

Feb 25, 2022
The Devs just published a Tutorial on Youtube for the Sandbox Event System...if someone does not know...they have other tutorials also on their Youtube Channel...great service and work of these guys..

Kamilgar

Oct 26, 2018
are u aware that the game freezes after a certain amount of system RAM size is reached and floods the ram to the maximum ?
I did not noticed that it was a RAM overflow, but that would explain why the game starts to stutter after around 30-40 min, freezing completely shortly after that.

• Thinking Face

FeltTheNeed

Nov 22, 2021
are u aware that the game freezes after a certain amount of system RAM size is reached and floods the ram to the maximum ?
should be around 16GB Ram usage when the game freezes on next editor mode switch, at least for me. afterwards it floods all of the RAM and system tells me out of RAM. i dont know if that threshold applies to everyone equally but at least its around 16GB for me. rather annoying to always watch GPU-Z and restart the game/map every hour or so, since entering editor mode increases system RAM usage so after some time it will reach the finish line.
I did not noticed that it was a RAM overflow, but that would explain why the game starts to stutter after around 30-40 min, freezing completely shortly after that.
I wonder if these types of negative performance encounters were happening in WL builds prior to Sandbox 2.0/Unreal 4.72.
What happens if you just leave Wild Life window active in empty showroom idle but don't use sandbox editor mode?
How many objects items, characters etc were you adding to a map etc, FisherVillage or happens in Showroom too?

These past few builds I've seen odd issues I wasn't having before: All textures blurring after half an hour of play on FisherVillage sandboxing a small Beach House/Cave Hideout map and for the first time ever while in Wild Life I had BSOD after playing with automation events, I wish I had more helpful info to provide to Steve in case these are worth investigating or if it's just us.

Would Wild Life benefit from having some sort of in-game Bug Reporter that zips up current scene/map, details, logs, screenshot and a text input box for the player to give a short description of the issue and a submit button that Steve could use to investigate in case these aren't flukes. Such in-game bug reporters are in other titles around F95 and Steam Early Access games.

I have 32GB of DDR4, 3070 Ti, I want to conduct tests on old & newest build to see if my WL has this supposed RAM overflow.
Of course keeping in mind this game is not final, fully optimized and new problems are common in all work in progress games.
Would Wild Life moving to Unreal 5 escalate these issues or improve some such given it's supposed newer/better tech...?

Questions for those who are more technically knowledgeable and well conversed around such I suppose we won't know until then.

Reactions: tombacardy

Hargan2

Nov 27, 2017
I wonder if these types of negative performance encounters were happening in WL builds prior to Sandbox 2.0/Unreal 4.72.
What happens if you just leave Wild Life window active in empty showroom idle but don't use sandbox editor mode?
How many objects items, characters etc were you adding to a map etc, FisherVillage or happens in Showroom too?

These past few builds I've seen odd issues I wasn't having before: All textures blurring after half an hour of play on FisherVillage sandboxing a small Beach House/Cave Hideout map and for the first time ever while in Wild Life I had BSOD after playing with automation events, I wish I had more helpful info to provide to Steve in case these are worth investigating or if it's just us.

Would Wild Life benefit from having some sort of in-game Bug Reporter that zips up current scene/map, details, logs, screenshot and a text input box for the player to give a short description of the issue and a submit button that Steve could use to investigate in case these aren't flukes. Such in-game bug reporters are in other titles around F95 and Steam Early Access games.

I have 32GB of DDR4, 3070 Ti, I want to conduct tests on old & newest build to see if my WL has this supposed RAM overflow.
Of course keeping in mind this game is not final, fully optimized and new problems are common in all work in progress games.
Would Wild Life moving to Unreal 5 escalate these issues or improve some such given it's supposed newer/better tech...?

Questions for those who are more technically knowledgeable and well conversed around such I suppose we won't know until then.
So far I haven't experienced the full RAM issue, but it's also been a couple builds since I spent multiple hours in the game. So it may be a new thing introduced in the last couple builds, or maybe it just hasn't happened to me yet. I have older hardware, which could have different interactions. That said, the issue where all textures blur after a while? That one I'm very familiar with, it usually happens after an hour or two of play and I have to go to the menu and come back to reload them all. That bug's been around for at least six months and predates the new editor.

No BSODs though. A few game crashes here and there, but nothing as bad as BSOD. I generally attributed those crashes to the fact that I was running the game on an FX 8320 from 2011 while also alt tabbing a lot to set up video captures or screenshots.

3.80 star(s) 172 Votes