SortaLewd

Feb 26, 2019
For the new build, is it just me, or are certain gizmos gone/not visible? In previous builds, I used to be able to move objects around in sandbox, and there would be an indicator showing how to move it by the x-axis, y-axis, and z-axis, OR it would show how to rotate/scale it etc. But now, it seems the indicators have been visibly removed. How to fix this?
IIRC you have to set a setting to epic or something like that, I forgot which. Would recommend folks join the discord server, there are people reporting bugs and sharing fixes if there are any.

Reactions: Slayer128

Avelait

Jul 31, 2017
Man, this new build is hot fucking garbage. Crashes after half a minute every time.
And before any of you simps decide to open your mouths, no, my machine is more than good enough to at least run the damn thing.

RubyZeronyka

Jul 26, 2020
Bruh, this thread is reaching Tales of Androgyny level of toxicity among each other. You guys need to relax a bit. Its either one acusing the other for whatever crap is happening or facepalms everywhere for the most illogical reasons.

Sure, this last UE5 version is fucked up in many ways but they did warned that the build for its very nature would be prone to a lot of issues while compared to the previous. I personally think looks worse than the previous made in UE4, however I do have to say that besides looking and performing overall worse, I loaded twice as fast, which is quite surprising. In the showroom the only thing I noticed was the lighting differences but somehow I got an average of 70 fps on BOTH versions with similar settings. So calm down geez XD

JhonLui

Jan 13, 2020
I know There was an official solution when u use win 7 with the older versions.. Dont know what about ue5
Already did my search, it's a no go...
UE 5 uses features and libraries not present in W7, it's not a simple problem of missing dll
Try to search around the web, maybe you will be lucky, but I doubt.
The min speccs for UE 5 are W10 with dx11 or 12
min.jpg recommended.jpg

Reactions: he_found_you

sexfire94

Aug 2, 2020
to be honest the UE5 version crashes and closes unexpectedly, they look a bit low quality but I feel it's because of lumen (since having more light in various directions affects the light and shadow ratio... but I see that a lot People in this thread are complaining about the fps drop, none of that happened to me: Yes, I am exactly the same in fps as the UE4 version, I run the game with everything in epic including lumen and everything new and I have between 80 and 120 fps all the time in sandbox in the old version it was the same, my computer is a ryzen 5 5600x, rtx 3070, 32 gb ram dd4 and nvme ssd in windows 10, I recommend that you check your computer settings... programs in background, that all the cores are unlocked, that so many programs do not load when starting windows etc, perhaps therein lies the problem for many people because personally I have not noticed drops in fps, the game only crashes but I consider it to be something logical since they are adapting everything to U E5, they just need to give the people who are running the game time and at some point it's better for everyone, toxicity doesn't fix anything!! greetings to all!! (y)

Jan 2, 2022
So I haven't played this in a HOT minute, what happened to the original story thing with the male protag? I might be missing something but idfk

Slayer128

Jun 30, 2017
IIRC you have to set a setting to epic or something like that, I forgot which. Would recommend folks join the discord server, there are people reporting bugs and sharing fixes if there are any.
thanks, i found it. The effects setting has to be on epic

Viixby

Dec 19, 2019
I have the same problem and I have everythig updated. What else could it be? maybe my graphics card is too potatoe?
It's possible older graphics cards don't have a feature required to run something. Though I'm not versed with older graphics cards on newer software so I'm not sure.

Random_BlackWolf

Mar 23, 2020
I have the same problem and I have everythig updated. What else could it be? maybe my graphics card is too potatoe?

Unfortunately, that's the problem. I did some googling and although many of the results are helpful for people having this problem when developing games with VR in mind, it is not supported by old graphics cards and older OS's.

I guess this is the end of the adventure with wildlife for me as well. At least until the computer's hardware is replaced... or someone finds a workaround, which I doubt. Well, I could also be on the wrong track, unfortunately this is not something that is fully understandable to me.

Last edited:

filipskyi

Apr 4, 2019
Unfortunately, that's the problem. I did some googling and although many of the results are helpful for people having this problem when developing games with VR in mind, it is not supported by old graphics cards and older OS's.

I guess this is the end of the adventure with wildlife for me as well. At least until the computer's hardware is replaced... or someone finds a workaround, which I doubt. Well, I could also be on the wrong track, unfortunately this is not something that is fully understandable to me.
Maybe i'm wrong, but Fortnite use UE5.1 too and its work good on my PC. Besides they have lumen feature and its doesn't interfere game to work properly on my PC. When here im getting the same error as you.

3.80 star(s) 176 Votes