Xefox

Apr 11, 2020
Possible fix for blurry texture!!!!

(I used google translator, sorry for any spelling mistakes)

put this script in the engine.ini (make a copy of Engine.ini in case you screw something up)

[/script/engine.renderersettings]
r.Streaming.FullyLoadUsedTextures=1

r.Streaming.LimitPoolSizeToVRAM=0
r.Streaming.PoolSize=5000

Where do I find Engine.ini? C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\WildLifeC\Saved\Config\Windows\Engine.ini

it should look like this
Untitled.png

LjQujd

Jul 18, 2020
Possible fix for blurry texture!!!!

(I used google translator, sorry for any spelling mistakes)

put this script in the engine.ini (make a copy of Engine.ini in case you screw something up)

[/script/engine.renderersettings]

Where do I find Engine.ini? C:\Users\name\AppData\Local\WildLifeC\Saved\Config\Windows\Engine.ini

it should look like this
View attachment 2635387
Thanks, you may be onto something with those tweaks.
For those who don't understand what that does, here's a break down:

This tells the engine to fully load all textures that are used - the game will load all the details of a texture into memory before it's needed, rather than streaming it in dynamically. By doing this, the game is less likely to display textures at a reduced quality.

This command disables the engine's default behavior of limiting the texture pool size to match the available VRAM. When this is set to 0, it allows the game to use more texture memory than what is available in the VRAM. This might allow the game to maintain higher texture quality, but could also lead to swapping between system RAM and VRAM if the VRAM gets fully utilized, which might lead to stuttering.

This sets the size of the texture streaming pool, which is the amount of memory (in MB) set aside for texture streaming. By setting it to 5000, you're allocating 5GB of memory for texture streaming. This may reduce the need for the game to dynamically load textures, allowing it to maintain higher texture detail.

In addition to those, Unreal Engine should also support using system RAM for texture storage in a limited way with a feature called "Memory Budget Overshoot". This allows for some textures to spill over into system RAM when VRAM is exhausted.

[/Script/Engine.StreamingSettings]
s.MemoryMargin=500
s.MemoryBudgetOvershootLimit=2000

MemoryMargin is the amount of VRAM (in MB) Unreal will attempt to leave free. MemoryBudgetOvershootLimit is the maximum amount of system RAM (in MB) that can be used for texture streaming when VRAM is exhausted.

However, keep in mind that relying on system memory for texture storage is much slower than VRAM. It will most likely cause stuttering or lag in the game, becuause the data is moved back and forth between VRAM and RAM. It should only be used as a last resort. The best solution is always going to be having a GPU with sufficient VRAM for the game.

Last edited:

Zazazap

May 22, 2018
beside this Wildlife project,

in your opinion, which other games listed in this F95Zone forum also has good customizable character creation options\screen in adult gaming genre in general ?

View attachment 2627588
Ah, the Star Citizen character customization, one of the worst character customization in the history of gaming in my opinion...

Last edited:
Reactions: SortaLewd

dererstekrieger

May 4, 2023
i need urgent help. i would like to play the game but every time i get the error: lowlevelfatalerror
I send a screenshot with.
my computer is: Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz, Ram 32 GB, 2x Geforce GTX780 (SLI mode), WIN 10
i'm even currently playing the new needforspeedunbound without any problems...
please help me guys

Baba Yaga RUS

Jr. Uploader
Aug 23, 2022
i need urgent help. i would like to play the game but every time i get the error: lowlevelfatalerror
I send a screenshot with.
my computer is: Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz, Ram 32 GB, 2x Geforce GTX780 (SLI mode), WIN 10
i'm even currently playing the new needforspeedunbound without any problems...
please help me guys
You won't even have to run it. The video game will only run the menu. Even my 1080 huffs and puffs. There is no optimization in the game at all. More likely the error is due to the fact that the card is not pulling 12 direct. Try running with the shortcut extension -dx11.
bandicam 2023-05-20 23-39-18-186.png

Baba Yaga RUS

Jr. Uploader
Aug 23, 2022
Thanks, you may be onto something with those tweaks.
For those who don't understand what that does, here's a break down:

This tells the engine to fully load all textures that are used - the game will load all the details of a texture into memory before it's needed, rather than streaming it in dynamically. By doing this, the game is less likely to display textures at a reduced quality.

This command disables the engine's default behavior of limiting the texture pool size to match the available VRAM. When this is set to 0, it allows the game to use more texture memory than what is available in the VRAM. This might allow the game to maintain higher texture quality, but could also lead to swapping between system RAM and VRAM if the VRAM gets fully utilized, which might lead to stuttering.

This sets the size of the texture streaming pool, which is the amount of memory (in MB) set aside for texture streaming. By setting it to 5000, you're allocating 5GB of memory for texture streaming. This may reduce the need for the game to dynamically load textures, allowing it to maintain higher texture detail.

In addition to those, Unreal Engine should also support using system RAM for texture storage in a limited way with a feature called "Memory Budget Overshoot". This allows for some textures to spill over into system RAM when VRAM is exhausted.

[/Script/Engine.StreamingSettings]
s.MemoryMargin=500
s.MemoryBudgetOvershootLimit=2000

MemoryMargin is the amount of VRAM (in MB) Unreal will attempt to leave free. MemoryBudgetOvershootLimit is the maximum amount of system RAM (in MB) that can be used for texture streaming when VRAM is exhausted.

However, keep in mind that relying on system memory for texture storage is much slower than VRAM. It will most likely cause stuttering or lag in the game, becuause the data is moved back and forth between VRAM and RAM. It should only be used as a last resort. The best solution is always going to be having a GPU with sufficient VRAM for the game.
Do you know how to optimize the game? 32 DDR4 RAM and GTX 1080 8GB.

Reactions: NeonThirst

SortaLewd

Feb 26, 2019
Do you know how to optimize the game? 32 DDR4 RAM and GTX 1080 8GB.
Don't really think that's something we can do as users. Developers would need to optimize, but I don't think Wild Life team plans to really dive into optimization until they're close to official launch, unless patrons start requesting focus on optimization maybe.

Jul 2, 2021
Don't really think that's something we can do as users. Developers would need to optimize, but I don't think Wild Life team plans to really dive into optimization until they're close to official launch, unless patrons start requesting focus on optimization maybe.
I already asked since i had built a new PC recently just for this. I was going to get an upgrade eventually but wildlife worked for me at the moment, after that shift to new engine release i couldn't play the newest one and i was compelled to buy the best i could afford.

I'm incredibly bummed out that i still can't play even with the fixes suggested to me but now im playing other games that would lag out like crazy on ultra max shadows and i've been having a blast. I really want to play wildlife again because i want to try that new posing stuff out i always wanted that added but if the optimization is gonna be at release im kind of scared i might never be able to play given how most games on early access go.

gghhoosstt123

Oct 9, 2022
I already asked since i had built a new PC recently just for this. I was going to get an upgrade eventually but wildlife worked for me at the moment, after that shift to new engine release i couldn't play the newest one and i was compelled to buy the best i could afford.

I'm incredibly bummed out that i still can't play even with the fixes suggested to me but now im playing other games that would lag out like crazy on ultra max shadows and i've been having a blast. I really want to play wildlife again because i want to try that new posing stuff out i always wanted that added but if the optimization is gonna be at release im kind of scared i might never be able to play given how most games on early access go.
Don't bother with it anymore, i have moved on to VAM which is far more superior to this fking UE5 bullshit. I waited for posing too but now i litrelly can do anything i want in VAM.

3.80 star(s) 176 Votes