Others Winter Warmth [v0.1.9.8] [PowerPlower]

3.40 star(s) 18 Votes

TheBigWater

Sep 24, 2019
lots of daily money grinding , going to see your bro at that bar once a week ( x 3) to trigger the jogging , then that triggers the gym ( u buy sneakers to do jogging)

In between , seeing random red dot markers on the house characters , and repeating the interacts to gain + love/corruption

weeks needs to pass to trigger more text messages , like your ex collegue and then your other step daughter to arrive at home

now its on repeat , nothing seems to be happpening anymore . I dont knwo if thats the end of current conten or that quest i made an imnage of is bugged or not suposed to be in current content

doesnt help that the devs dont seem to be here to confirm players issues
Well. For sure im not going to grind in the game where first quests are bugged.
Now i found another one. Can't make a quest at Sunday because.. there is no Sunday.. After morning scene where you are paying bills, it change day to Monday..
Also quest with Evelyn"Meet her in Ava room after 17:00" is bugged.. she's not there
Aaaaand i can't now trigger a quest with Amelia, to bring her book. Also i cant go jogging, because i don't have an icon of the sport shoes shop so i can't buy them, and even if it would be spawned.. i got no money after 4-5 weeks of grinding

DarknessDai

Mar 23, 2019
so a whole year for this bugged version with little content , idk why the dev chose this if they just worked for content on Ren'py this whole time we would have been in chapter 5 or 6 already but now i guess it will take another year for version 0.2.5 or something which will be chapter 1 ending and start of chapter 2 tooo sad because i already liked the game

Jul 31, 2023
Screenshot 2023-10-31 193307.png

Screenshot 2023-10-31 193352.png

what a mess

This is from a new game , on a different save slot

I now have quest in the log from my other run

Im not even at the point in the story(on the new game) where i need to earn 3k

WuzzyFuzzy was right somewhere persitant data points are being bled into any and all saves

TLDR avoid this game until they do a huge bug squash . What on earth made them want to switch engines.

And have 2 separate patreon subscriptions for the same game

Jul 31, 2023
Well. For sure im not going to grind in the game where first quests are bugged.
Now i found another one. Can't make a quest at Sunday because.. there is no Sunday.. After morning scene where you are paying bills, it change day to Monday..
Also quest with Evelyn"Meet her in Ava room after 17:00" is bugged.. she's not there
Aaaaand i can't now trigger a quest with Amelia, to bring her book. Also i cant go jogging, because i don't have an icon of the sport shoes shop so i can't buy them, and even if it would be spawned.. i got no money after 4-5 weeks of grinding

sounds like a mess

the sports shoes you buy from the shop the opens up in the morning ( around 8am-12pm) the dont cost a lot something like 60 credits)

Also make sure you have walking as your travel option or you waste way too much money

Currently you only need stamina to work , and get to jogging, or bar on Wednesday

Sometimes pop back home and sleep for a few hours to regen then leave to go somewhere like the bar on wed . also leave for the bar before the 5pm requirement was walking takes a while

Before long u can easily grind 5k ( you wont need more than that after a while as the only quest items are a book and some cooking stuff which is cheap

That is ofc if youre game doesn't bug before that and its likely it will

Also when you get to the gym use credits to buy the protean shake , its the best way to grind to + strength to get to rank 3 to unlock the Japanese food cart quest chain ( but its buggy so buy some and save then restart game as you can accumulate loads)

neronwtf

Nov 12, 2019
E_O_N Sorry if it sounds harsh, but did you tested your game before launching? Because it's somehow striking that different players are stuck at different levels of the game depending on which bug they stumble upon.

Reactions: jessigrund

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
Ok, found a clumsy way to go back in time and restart from a previous save. When saving the game the following files are written:

1) \appdata\Roaming\Godot\app_userdata\Winter Warmth\dialogic\slot_xx\definitions.json (once written, is apparently ignored, at least in part).
2) ...\dialogic\definitions_default_save In Ren'Py the default definitions are typically written upon game start then not modified.
3) ...\Winter Warmth\saves\slot_xx\data.dat

Each time you save you will need to copy the definitions_default_save file to another location. Each time a save is loaded the engine is reading the last definitions_default_save file that was written instead of reading the save file from slot_xx. This is what's causing much of the problem, though not all. If you want to load an old save you have to paste the definitions_default_save you saved earlier. Very tedious but necessary if you want to finish (maybe) this release.

EDIT: In the 1.8.5 update the definitions.json files are being referenced as they should.

Last edited:

NTRlover795

Dec 29, 2019
This game has more bugs than a Chinese wet food market. Like when you find a new job and suppose to go for the interview. You click on the icon and select car and nothing happens...

huss22

Apr 29, 2018
Dear E_O_N , I think the bug is mostly about timer, I loaded different older saves got me to same starting point of the same sequence, but some short flashbacks appered during animations, with front door where we exit home with different periods of time. In some, especially the ones closer to sequence start I managed to jump other event but as the time distance, I couldn't progress because (I guess) there are daytime limited events prevents progression makes people stuck somewhere in random.

As some others suggested before, changing 24h format to morning-noon-evening-night is a good idea, I guess your saves will be better located because every single minute means an unique save point for the savefile, it makes things complex for you, the game engine and the players.

Simpler format will make your job much smoother, having more details is good but having a clock working at the corner doesn't worth missing all the fun for players.

At some point you'll get more familiar with your own work, you'll get faster at doing everything about the game but the troubleshooting will get harder as more codes&content add-up. So I hope you'll find ways to make your job easier, keeping things simple at the beggining may help.

You have unique renders and as I played Karma,you know how to write dialogues. I understand that you don't want to consume story an characters too fast, at some point grinding-blueballing is kind of necessary.But don't overdo it.

When the MC is a medieval knight or a sportsman making the grinding a fun or at least tolerable thing is much easier. But in your case the MC is a finance employee.

I think at some point, your game is in a similiar situation with The Class Next Door, where renders are great but also where people rightfully complaining about its sandbox elements.

My hint will be here is "making players seek for the shorcuts to success makes in-game grinding at least tolerable if its not fun."

Its like gambling, if you don't have any hope to win big some time, with no hope to get a shortcut to success, you wouldn't bother betting on slot machines.

So to get you some ideas, I suggest you to making your mind about which footsteps to follow, like High-Rise Climb where there are more workplace interactions & plots to climb the ladder or the like the classic "Melody", where MC had some quizzes about its job,to get progression points,on music in their case, or the best do both.

Hope you read this&good luck

Greebz

Oct 10, 2020
Amazing that patrons didn t leak and people waited that long through several really bumpy releases. While it is still a bit early for a public release, I assume you waited this long for us, Thank you.

Some tips/information:
1) If you don t have much stamina left, skipping time recovers enough to get home.
2) Most guides are not implemented yet, they will be ready for 0.2.
3) There are a few bugs left at this stage. The worst is connected to save load and events. We couldn t reproduce it ourselves yet, but are working on it.
If you encounter that one, I suggest you wait for an update. The game is already too big to play in one sitting and it skews with events. That bug is top priority.
4) The Journal has quest texts, they will help guide you through.
5) Read sms, Shray is your friend. Go meet him.
6) Pills to be found can be unlocked after certain events.
7) If you need further help, our discord is open.

I hope this helps.
Do you plan on adding pregnancy and breeding?

Reactions: jessigrund

Bruhtato

Aug 11, 2021
got stuck on the "Go to Ava's room after 12" (Dark) quest, it didn't allow me to do nun. Saves don't work and they break the game, putting me an empty game where i can't do anything but travel.

Reactions: stiltoboglovian412

fidgetspinner

Jun 12, 2017
"The premise of this game is unlike any other"
Premise: Prevent the antagonists from fucking the LIs and maybe get a harem after 10 years if it's not abandoned.
We have already seen this a thousand and one times and it has failed that same amount but I'm sure this dev is going to achieve it by adding an atrocious sandbox and an engine that no one likes. There is no innovation here.

This is just another VN of the bunch with opposite fetish, an awful sandbox, full of filler and a shitty engine.
Battle of the Bulges, Culture Shock and Man in Charge. That's about it. The only two VN on here where you have a MC and another guy fight for dominance. Everything else here is either pure no choice cuckold or pure no choice harem. This game is very poorly implemented and takes way to long for basically nothing to happen, but don't say the game is a rip off.

Reactions: KiraJames
Oct 1, 2023
Need energy? And money?
How could any genius come up with this progression mode? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

How do I get cash? WTF
You need to progress to where you talk to one of the girls in the kitchen, after a few talks, you both go to the mall and buy some stuff to start a cake business, youll be able you make 360$ for 4 hrs work, daily 8am to 12am. But suddenly my game is bugged, cannot progress anything related to Sunday, I need to talk to melissa for her progress to start new book/ideas, i dunno, but Ava has bugged my game.... Got to the gym, finished Ava, Fang progress is done, but now the game is dead. Did not use any save / load, just tried the game out. It looks promising tho, but those bugs, damn... Dont waste time on saves, make some coffee instead and enjoy the game until Ava crash it.

3.40 star(s) 18 Votes