Others Winter Warmth [v0.1.9.8] [PowerPlower]

3.40 star(s) 18 Votes

demidemon

Aug 31, 2016
- Mall never appeared...
i think this is linked to Amelia's story, but u could be stuck due to bugs. After 5 hearts (might also need to click on Amelia's door in the afternoon) u need to interact with Melissa in the kitchen sometime around noon. It seems like this Melissa event could disappear completely if you don't do it asap and you will be stuck in Amelia's storyline forever.

Also I don't recommend anyone else to play this yet, maybe up till the end of the prologue if you really want to. Do not dive into chapter 1. There are barely any sex scenes in ch1 and with all the bugs and save problems chapter 1 isn't worth your time.

I had high hope with this game when v0.1.0 released but I was also worried because the devs did not start with a sandbox system first. Turns out things are just as bad as I thought it could be. It could probably take another year until they get the system right.

Last edited:
Reactions: WuzzyFuzzy

Neuneu2

Aug 10, 2017
image_2023-11-03_084257641.png

That's what dev said few hours ago in his discord.

0.1.8.5 : Will purposely only patch the actual version in few days

Or wait 0.2.0 for a big release. (No release date)

Reactions: bcool and Chaosguy

Jeepster

Apr 17, 2018
Don't care much for the engine used, but it had nice renders before i trashed it due to all the clicking. Miss me some Ren'Py engine :)

Reactions: RCC14

exter

May 29, 2017
I dont understand why people try to make sandbox story games in engines that arent renpy or even html, if the game isn't completely 3D. The very first version was really good and i was looking forward for more, but this version is not only full of bugs (which can be fixed) but the engine itself is just less user friendly. Besides bugs i do hope that especially the time system gets changed. A clock that keeps ticking the time away without the player doing anything just seems like a bad idea. There are already events that happen at specific times at specific places ( like meeting someone at the bar on Wednesday at 18:00) and if you don't plan ahead to move to those places at the right time you might miss them and have to wait for another week. Stuff like that is just annoying. Another thing i would like to see is a better hint system for the quests in regard to specific content. While some dialogue options clearly hint at specific paths (like ntr or not), it sometimes isnt clear (at least for me) on which path you will end up. And with the number of choices you are going to have as a player it will just be tedious to see all the content you like. For this i hope there will at least be something like daily repeatable events where you can just "grind" stats with a character to see specific content, even if this isnt a really good solution either.

Anyways, i hope there will be changes for the better in the future and maybe even a change back to renpy (i really hope they will). Otherwise, the very nice renders wont be reason enough to play it again.

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
i think this is linked to Amelia's story, but u could be stuck due to bugs. After 5 hearts (might also need to click on Amelia's door in the afternoon) u need to interact with Melissa in the kitchen sometime around noon. It seems like this Melissa event could disappear completely if you don't do it asap and you will be stuck in Amelia's storyline forever.
Word. This is her status until the Ava bug starts. Even though the quest log states she's waiting in the "Living", she's actually in another dimension and can't be reached other than by crystal ball, which means I can never get to the mall. I should also add that this is in the so-called dark route...I think. Not sure.

amelia stuck - Copy.JPG

E_O_N

Creator of Winter Warmth & Karma
Game Developer
Jan 31, 2021
Important to note.
Our releasing system works like this 0.MajorRelease.PatronPreviews.
While it has more than 1k additional renders, additional animations and a lot more compared to the version here.
It is basically a snapshot of development towards 0.2 and can contain bugs and unfinished features.
Since I saw a comment that we released 0.1.8.5, I wanted to take the chance to remind everyone that those are dev snapshots.
You get reminded as well when starting the game. We don t claim they are bugfree, nor that all features we are working on are finished on those releases.

That being said. Yes we needed to learn a lot about the new engine and are still doing so.
To those that reported bugs. Thank you, it helps. We fixed a few for this release and will fix the rest in the coming weeks.

bcool

Donor
Sep 29, 2018
A link to 0.1.8.5 anyone ? Let's hope it will solve the bugs in the previous one :)

margemaghzi

Jun 23, 2018
can someone please help me?
1) i keep doing yoga with the wife as the quest says but nothing happens.
2) I cant do anything on sundays. they just get skiped. michael just does some excel stuff and it shows that wife is cooking and .... and suddenly its monday.

Lionsdensam

Oct 3, 2023
2) I cant do anything on sundays. they just get skiped. michael just does some excel stuff and it shows that wife is cooking and .... and suddenly its monday.
BuGS-BUGS and more bugs, seems like you have to wait for the new version 0.1.8.5 and try again.

Reactions: bcool

Chaosguy

Game Developer
Apr 5, 2022
It's a beta, nothing really works yet.

Lionsdensam

Oct 3, 2023
OK, now some bugs are avoidable. nice.
To keep the gardenarea unlocked, you have to do the prologue, and dont interact with characters in the kitchen until the ava- park event.

Last edited:

TheBigWater

Sep 24, 2019
OK, now some bugs are avoidable. nice.
To keep the gardenarea unlocked, you have to do the prologue, and dont interact with characters in the kitchen until you the ava- park event.
Gardenarea? Its broken now to? :eek:
Edit:
Will you leak a link soon?
:oops:

Last edited:

bcool

Donor
Sep 29, 2018
If we want to help the dev in finding bugs, we need to play with version 0.1.8.5 which was released on Patreon two days ago.
We need a hero :) (or a gesture from the dev)...

Reactions: margemaghzi

Lionsdensam

Oct 3, 2023
Gardenarea? Its broken now to? :eek:
Edit:
Will you leak a link soon?
:oops:
Yes and no, the garden area stays unlocked as long as you dont interact with characters in the kitchen (Evelyn, amilia), till the ava - dog event.
When you unlocked the park --> the garden area stays unlocked.

Fast travel isnt possible for all areas anymore, like jumping from the kitchen to the master bedroom.

"Will you leak a link soon?" -> I think the dev would kill me. :/

3.40 star(s) 18 Votes