Others Winter Warmth [v0.1.9.8] [PowerPlower]

3.40 star(s) 18 Votes

Lion sB4

Feb 10, 2019
View attachment 2073757
Overview
Your fate is in your hands.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Formally known as "Terror"

Thread Updated: 2023-10-30
Release Date: 2023-10-25
Developer: PowerPlower F95zone - - - - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.1.8.1
Language: English
Other Games: Karma - Terror Christmas Special
Genre:

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN
Mac: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN
Linux: - MEGA - - PIXELDRAIN

DarknessDai thanks for the links
This port/version is not released by the developer download at your own risk.

View attachment 2276646 View attachment 2276644 View attachment 2276642 View attachment 2072925 View attachment 2072921 View attachment 2072917 View attachment 2072920 View attachment 2072972 View attachment 2072913 View attachment 2072999 View attachment 2072916
For Android

unwelcomed

Feb 6, 2018
You need to progress to where you talk to one of the girls in the kitchen, after a few talks, you both go to the mall and buy some stuff to start a cake business, youll be able you make 360$ for 4 hrs work, daily 8am to 12am. But suddenly my game is bugged, cannot progress anything related to Sunday, I need to talk to melissa for her progress to start new book/ideas, i dunno, but Ava has bugged my game.... Got to the gym, finished Ava, Fang progress is done, but now the game is dead. Did not use any save / load, just tried the game out. It looks promising tho, but those bugs, damn... Dont waste time on saves, make some coffee instead and enjoy the game until Ava crash it.
Ava is bugged my game too.

Neuneu2

Aug 10, 2017
First of all, as v0.1.8.1, DON'T SAVE. Saves create new bugs and have some persistence bugs between themselves, go through the prologue without saving, and at the end of the prologue just start a new game with the chapter 1 option, this will save you from some dead end bug but not all.

Here is the list of the bugs I have encounter :

Prologue

First bug : Sometime in the prologue, when you just need to go at the entrance to start working nothing happens, probably a save bug related

Chapter 1

Second : Ex wife quest is stuck at the "ava event" 17-19h, when you supposedly need to click on her door to make the quest trigger nothing happens (I just enter her empty bedroom) and the visual of her quest is "visible" all the time, I tried to max out ava corruption, the ex wife corruption, trigger the quest first and last, nothing change.

Third : Wife and co worker girl (forget her name) is also unfinishable since Sunday get skip. (Also, I receive the text message from the wife saying something happens on Sunday with the "picture" of the protagonist and her, but like I said Sunday is always skipped so I didn't see any of what she text me. Weird)

Bonus : When I play the prologue and continue playing through the game I don't have any notification saying "+1 corruption or whatever" however when I start the game at the chapter 1 this notifications are working.

Bonus 2 : I don't end up on the same day when I reach the sandbox/ free explo moment, Its like Wednesday when I start the game at the chapter 1 and Saturday when I play through the prologue. Dunno why.

Hjyfh

Apr 2, 2018
I think that switching engines was a mistake. I did not experience any problems with the previous version or the Christmas special but with this new version I have had nothing but problems.
Sunday's events list either stopped working right or never working right as only got the choice screen once after reloading a save which I was never able to repeat after and it has become clear that I would have to restart the game from scratch but even if I did the problem might repeat.
But even besides that the godot engine is not really made for these types of games I mean the only game I know that I have not had any issues with on this site using the engine is Hardcoded and it is a very different game.
Every thing done in this version can be done with Ren'py including phones and custom save layouts I really don't know of any game benefit to switching to godot.
If it is in terms to preference of coding okay then but on the website for this games says "We are developing in Godot and were able to gain quite some benefits from it. There are however also downsides, including the higher complexity compared to an engine like Renpy." Meaning you made the prologue worse by taking away the ability to save and load at choices making the game harder and more liking to have bugs because want to use an engine that is more complicated to work on.

DeliteDouche

Nov 26, 2021
I've tried it, but when I hit "search" it only finds 1 image (tga format)
Sorry, I am not going to go full detail on to deconstruct someone's game in their thread. I already gave enough basic information and there are videos on youtube that could explain how to use the program better than I could.

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
Ok, after spending WAAAAY too much time on this release, here's (more than) a few words on what I've found.

TL;DR ---> More bugs than buzzing around a rotting pile of bananas will leave one very frustrated.

The bugs: I've seen dozens, but still expect there are more that I am not seeing. Many of you have bemoaned the decision the dev team made in switching from Ren'Py to Godot. I didn't know anything about the latter until this release, but educating myself on what it can do and has been done shows that it's a very popular open-source engine with a ton of support. If one does a 'Godot games' search on Itch.io there are almost 18,000 results. So I don't think the engine is the problem, rather, it's not being experienced enough in using the engine combined with what appears to be an almost complete lack of quality control. I understand that in theory these crowd funded games are a work in progress, but when a producer is attempting to entice monetary investment from others, the old marketing adage of one never gets a second chance to make a first impression holds true. PP has damaged themselves by releasing the game in its current state. Can they overcome it? Sure, if what's next is of excellent quality.

What's causing all the problems? I don't know enough to say, but the clock has to be involved in many of them. The save game system is a mess with everything being written to an encrypted .dat file as opposed to the built-in save system. As I mentioned previously, the definitions file is being ignored and one can edit the .json files without any difference being made in what happens to the game. I found that playing the game with or without making saves doesn't make much difference. In my last playthrough, I played for a few hours, never made a save and still never saw the mall. I have not seen the mall--ever, in any playthrough. I've never in any of my PTs been able to make any money. In the one time I was able to finally meet Fang, she disappeared after hiring me. There's a ton more, here's a few from my last PT:

- Get rid of the clock. Many reasons for this, but one is texting. Texting someone can take as long as an hour. Some interactions with the girls take 4 hours (Ava massage, eg). It's a mess.
- Car stolen, get a bike that shows in travel options but can't use it.
- All the walking should give measurable benefits. Performing yoga does nothing for any stat.
- Mina's beach trip was supposed to happen on Saturday but was zoomed to Wednesday.
- Sundays are completely skipped once the MC looks at the books. Ruins at least two quests (use Melissa's writing talents and message Mina)
- Ava gets somehow stuck which ruins at least two quests (do things with her and Evelyn's quest of meeting in Ava's room after 5p)
- Mall never appeared. I was able to finally run with Pavani after determining that if I went to the park before 6:30a I could sometimes catch her in the running stance (if she's sitting on the bench it won't work...the MC is in street shoes and is sent back home). If she's not on the bench then it's possible to run with her even though the shoes weren't purchased. It took a few weeks, but was finally able to get enough strength to help Fang.
- Supposed to meet Amelia during the day in the "Living" (?). Her icon shows she's in the house but she's not in the house. Occasionally she's in the kitchen and it's the same scene repeated ad nauseum.

I could go on, but you get the point. Make it right...please.

Last edited:

shploutz

Mar 15, 2023
someone please tell me the game with a similar blonde model and a similar young brown hair model. But the blonde is your sister and you bring your long lost daughter to her for help and you all end up very close to each other

TheBigWater

Sep 24, 2019
Ok, after spending WAAAAY too much time on this release, here's (more than) a few words on what I've found.

TL;DR ---> More bugs than a rotting pile of bananas will leave one very frustrated.

The bugs: I've seen dozens, but still expect there are more that I am not seeing. Many of you have bemoaned the decision the dev team made in switching from Ren'Py to Godot. I didn't know anything about the latter until this release, but educating myself on what it can do and has been done shows that it's a very popular open-source engine with a ton of support. If one does a 'Godot games' search on Itch.io there are almost 18,000 results. So I don't think the engine is the problem, rather, it's not being experienced enough in using the engine combined with what appears to be an almost complete lack of quality control. I understand that in theory these crowd funded games are a work in progress, but when a producer is attempting to entice monetary investment from others, the old marketing adage of one never gets a second chance to make a first impression holds true. PP has damaged themselves by releasing the game in its current state. Can they overcome it? Sure, if what's next is of excellent quality.

What's causing all the problems? I don't know enough to say, but the clock has to be involved in many of them. The save game system is a mess with everything being written to an encrypted .dat file as opposed to the built-in save system. As I mentioned previously, the definitions file is being ignored and one can edit the .json files without any difference being made in what happens to the game. I found that playing the game with or without making saves doesn't make much difference. In my last playthrough, I played for a few hours, never made a save and still never saw the mall. I have not seen the mall--ever, in any playthrough. I've never in any of my PTs been able to make any money. In the one time I was able to finally meet Fang, she disappeared after hiring me. There's a ton more, here's a few from my last PT:

- Get rid of the clock. Many reasons for this, but one is texting. Texting someone can take as long as an hour. Some interactions with the girls take 4 hours (Ava massage, eg). It's a mess.
- Car stolen, get a bike that shows in travel options but can't use it.
- All the walking should give measurable benefits. Performing yoga does nothing for any stat.
- Mina's beach trip was supposed to happen on Saturday but was zoomed to Wednesday.
- Sundays are completely skipped once the MC looks at the books. Ruins at least two quests (use Melissa's writing talents and message Mina)
- Ava gets somehow stuck which ruins at least two quests (do things with her and Evelyn's quest of meeting in Ava's room after 5p)
- Mall never appeared. I was able to finally run with Pavani after determining that if I went to the park before 6:30a I could sometimes catch her in the running stance (if she's sitting on the bench it won't work...the MC is in street shoes and is sent back home). If she's not on the bench then it's possible to run with her even though the shoes weren't purchased. It took a few weeks, but was finally able to get enough strength to help Fang.
- Supposed to meet Amelia during the day in the "Living" (?). Her icon shows she's in the house but she's not in the house. Occasionally she's in the kitchen and it's the same scene repeated ad nauseum.

I could go on, but you get the point. Make it right...please.
The problem is that game overall is great with cool art, and nice looking girls. But it looks like they didn't even tested it and just released it as preview. And it's a mess. And i don't even know if they are now fixing it and when they will done it.

Reactions: WuzzyFuzzy

Trcosta97

Dec 8, 2019
20 min playing and nothing yet. wtf is godot? where are the save files? can I edit them? can I extract the files from this pck file? what is a pck file? so many questions that wouldn't exist if REN'PY!

3.40 star(s) 18 Votes