Others Winter Warmth [v0.1.9.8] [PowerPlower]

3.40 star(s) 18 Votes

dark.knight48

Dec 2, 2017
Fantastic story and renders but amount of bugs maybe going for record here. It is quite annoying to go back and start again. Updates incoming with even more bugs. Will avoid this one for while

AER201812

Jan 13, 2018
The game is buggy.Can't even progress if you use save feature. Even though , i'm interested in the game right now can't play with this shitty engine.

so CANT PLAY THE GAME atm.
read my playthrough,,,,,,,,,,,

Managed to get the files extracted with this script, real easy:

After looking through it, its definitely not ready to play. Barely any content. Like Reginleif said, I like to look through the contents to see if its worth starting.

I would come back after at least 2 more updates+

OMG WHAT A SCHMUCK BUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

thekingpeje

Feb 20, 2018
great game !! i played it about 2 months and loved it, but my save was bugged so don't see the end...and i replayed it just to see ted and melissa ntr scene...and i loved the game the same...i think the dev have a global view of his game, but two many caracters without quest, so the devellopement will takes time....i think i want to play it in the end , dark AND light paths,...in 3 years...but congratulations to the dev, the wait is good for me and for this game (i have many things to say, but english is not ma language and it's frustated)

Last edited:

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
Well I tried...

I wanted to report on Light Side happenings, but in my case the route is hopelessly bugged.

After meeting Mina in the hotel and getting a BJ, the game fast forwards to Monday morning. Mina's journal entry shows: Go to your room between 19:00 and 00:00 to tell Melissa how it went (ie, meeting with Mina). Melissa's thumbnail shows she's in the room, but she's not. No one is in the house (no girls on second floor and no one in the dining room). I tried playing around with the save file to advance past the quest stage, but was not successful.

I can keep playing other routes but what's the point? Anyone have any ideas? The Dark Route has its bugs, too, but the game progresses despite them.

• Sad
Reactions: Pr0GamerJohnny

MikeOG

Dec 28, 2022
is this new update worth playing ? I stopped playin 2 updates ago cuz this engine is a nightmare

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
is this new update worth playing ? I stopped playin 2 updates ago cuz this engine is a nightmare
I would recommend waiting until 0.2.0 release. More scenes are to be introduced and a tutorial system put in place to explain the different routes and variable scoring.

As I've said earlier in the thread, I don't think the problem is with Godot. There are thousands of games out there built on Godot (just look at Itch.io). Plus, it uses json for much of the coding and that language is not rocket science. The problem lies, IMO, with the dev team learning things on the fly. Things have improved, but obviously there's still much to be improved upon.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Well I tried...

I wanted to report on Light Side happenings, but in my case the route is hopelessly bugged.

After meeting Mina in the hotel and getting a BJ, the game fast forwards to Monday morning. Mina's journal entry shows: Go to your room between 19:00 and 00:00 to tell Melissa how it went (ie, meeting with Mina). Melissa's thumbnail shows she's in the room, but she's not. No one is in the house (no girls on second floor and no one in the dining room). I tried playing around with the save file to advance past the quest stage, but was not successful.

I can keep playing other routes but what's the point? Anyone have any ideas? The Dark Route has its bugs, too, but the game progresses despite them.
I can't speak to why this is occurring - I've noticed several times (but I havent played that path yet) a week, Melissa, and often the girls, will just be mysteriously mia from all rooms at night and it's an empty house....

On a separate note, today am overjoyed to report I am not crazy o_O

wwlol.jpg

The comparison operator on if a sale happens is backwards, meaning higher charm and business levels decrease your chances of a successful sale. This coincides perfectly with how it felt like an abnormally low number of customers would buy especially after I got upgrades.

Reactions: WuzzyFuzzy

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
I can't speak to why this is occurring - I've noticed several times (but I havent played that path yet) a week, Melissa, and often the girls, will just be mysteriously mia from all rooms at night and it's an empty house....

On a separate note, today am overjoyed to report I am not crazy o_O

View attachment 3372115

The comparison operator on if a sale happens is backwards, meaning higher charm and business levels decrease your chances of a successful sale. This coincides perfectly with how it felt like an abnormally low number of customers would buy especially after I got upgrades.
Nice. WTG.

I'm going to park this release. No sense in carrying forward with this many roadblocks. Before I head to the sidelines, though, I want to state what appears to be two conflicting things.

First, the game has huge potential and I still believe it will be a cut above just about every other game of this type. One has to dream big to do big things and it's good to see someone thinking outside the box and not simply rehashing what has gone before.

Second, they need to get their shit together. Pardon my French. Someone needs a swift kick to get motivated to clean this up. I understand releasing betas with an eye on the public lending a hand in quashing bugs, but there comes a point when negativism can become malignant and people reach some line in the sand that threatens their return to the project. The project needs more optimism right now.... (see #1 :) ).

Ok, over and out....

leffs

Oct 16, 2019
I'm trying the .json edit method to overcome the 3000 money quest, but I can't.

I'm trying to open the definitions file in the GODOT folder tree and this is what it looks like...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I've also tried some .json online editors without luck.

Sorry if all this sounds stupid. I don't know a thing about this.:oops:

Can anyone help?

Last edited:

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
I'm trying the .json edit method to overcome the 3000 money quest, but I can't.

I'm trying to open the definitions file in the GODOT folder tree and this is what it looks like...

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I've also tried some .json online editors without luck.

Sorry if all this sounds stupid. I don't know a thing about this.:oops:

Can anyone help?
I'll post this again as peeps keep asking for it. I've also asked the mods to list it on the OP, which should make it easier to find (and I doubt most of you guys know it even exists).

megalol was kind enough and intelligent enough to create a little app to decrypt and allow editing of the save files (definitions.json) for this game. You can find the post here: https://f95zone.to/threads/winter-warmth-v0-1-9-6-powerplower.132204/post-12618077
I've played around with it, but it may break your game, so always keep backups. You may also get a virus warning but I've not had any problems.

• Red Heart
Reactions: leffs and Chaosguy

BySorax231

Sep 9, 2017
I'm currently on the following mission on the main story: "To visit my room betweeen 19:00 and 00:00" however everytime nothing is happening. I tried to search here for any info but less to none info any ideas or is it a bug? Might have to wait for a bugfix or the next update?

leffs

Oct 16, 2019
I'll post this again as peeps keep asking for it. I've also asked the mods to list it on the OP, which should make it easier to find (and I doubt most of you guys know it even exists).

megalol was kind enough and intelligent enough to create a little app to decrypt and allow editing of the save files (definitions.json) for this game. You can find the post here: https://f95zone.to/threads/winter-warmth-v0-1-9-6-powerplower.132204/post-12618077
I've played around with it, but it may break your game, so always keep backups. You may also get a virus warning but I've not had any problems.
Thanks a lot for your patience doing this.

It would be great if if was added to the OP. I dont know why it hasn't been.:(

Reactions: WuzzyFuzzy

WuzzyFuzzy

Jan 23, 2020
I'm currently on the following mission on the main story: "To visit my room betweeen 19:00 and 00:00" however everytime nothing is happening. I tried to search here for any info but less to none info any ideas or is it a bug? Might have to wait for a bugfix or the next update?
Same problem (as I posted earlier today) others have had. I don't know of a way to fix it.

Reactions: BySorax231

BySorax231

Sep 9, 2017
Same problem (as I posted earlier today) others have had. I don't know of a way to fix it.
Yeah that was the less to none info I saw for the issue :D
I guess we will left in the dark and maybe find out in the next upadate hopefully since I won't be replaying once again for sure...

Caps1900

Nov 26, 2017
1. Install newest available release of python for windows from .
2. Find your game exe file and in this directory RIGHT-CLICK in background -> open terminal here
3. Copy to that directory only godot-unpacker.py from this repository JohnSmith7 provided
4. In opened terminal type python godot-unpacker.py Winter_Warmth_v0.1.9.6_win.exe
5. Wait till its done
6. Find directory named the same as EXE just next to it (the same directory), there it is.
I have installed python and added path, but when I navigate to the folder in CMD and run python godot-unpacker.py Winter_Warmth_v0.1.9.6_win.exe, it gives me:

Downloads\WinterWarmth\godot-unpacker.py", line 103
<title>godot-unpacker/godot-unpacker.py at master · tehskai/godot-unpacker · GitHub</title>
^
SyntaxError: invalid character '·' (U+00B7)

I have tried doing it through Python console but I just get a syntax error running the command.

Help me please, for God said that you should help those dumber than yourself

3.40 star(s) 18 Votes