tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
Witch Trainer: Silver - Update 1.41

View attachment 1445003

Potions update is now live!

This update brings a completely new visitable location, (which some of you might remember from a particular holiday event) where you will be able to brew potions using ingredients that you can buy or obtain through events, this location will also serve as Snape's office.

Potions, when obtained, can be given to characters (Hermione only for now). Each potion produces a different effect, and events vary based on character’s progression, previous choices, or how many times the events were replayed. Each event consists of unique writing and graphics, most of them include CG scenes (drawn by LoafyLemon).

We have also taken necessary steps to improve the game's performance on a wider range of devices, fixing bugs and optimising the code, in order to reduce the number of issues the previous release has had.

Additionally, points and money gains have been rebalanced, in order to reduce the overall ‘grind’, as the previous balancing is no longer appropriate for the amount of content in the game.

For example, hanging out with Snape will not only increase passive Slytherin points gains, but it also will yield a flat points bonus, allowing you to focus on the more fun aspects of the game rather than just statistics. Report writing, similarly to points, has been rebalanced to enable more playstyles.

Other improvements have been made to Hermione events and favours, including new events, fixes for older content, and general improvements to narration, or even character progression based dialogues which also include currently worn character clothing.

New Outfits have been added for Luna, Cho, and Tonks, some of them received new miscellaneous items and tattoos. New wardrobe chit-chats have also been included.

Additionally, the wardrobe has received its fair share of additions, including suggested quality of life changes, colour synchronisation, outfits randomisation, and more!

__Save compatibility__ has finally been enabled, allowing you to continue from your save file made with any **1.40.X version**, please know that this feature is still in a BETA phase, and may not work in all cases. Due to technical limitations, save files with mods enabled are not supported by saves compatibility. It is also important to note that some events included, or improved in this update will be missed if you've progressed past them already.

To ensure maximum save compatibility, before upgrading, please save the game in the office, when no event is currently being played.

For a complete list of changes, please refer to the changelog linked down below.

Due to an extensive list of changes and limited number of test devices, this release is considered a beta.

Oh, and we also have a website now. :D

Download:

Changelog:
I can't believe how stupid Akabur is. He could have been doing this and make twice as much money. Thank you for another great update!

Reactions: Stripes001
Jan 1, 2021
I can't believe how stupid Akabur is. He could have been doing this and make twice as much money. Thank you for another great update!
I think he just wanted to move onto other projects. I can relate, since I also have a tendency to get project fatigue on stories that go on for a while.

Reactions: jeje33
Jan 1, 2021
Couple of errors while tinkering with the new update:

-the 64 bit crashes whenever I try to run it. Granted, my laptop is old AF.

-I get script errors, particularly when trying to summon Hermione, Luna, Astoria, or Susan. Of course, this is also when loading from a previous save, so it’s possible that I need to start from the beginning?

akatin

Jun 27, 2018
Is sub/dom Luna content taken out? I guess it is but do you guys thinking of adding it back in the future? Personally, I was really excited to see how the dom/sub content was evolved but was surprised when I saw that it was taken out. The new story is much more in depth and more in character but still...

Last edited:
Reactions: degenerate001

gnd53

Jul 6, 2017
Is sub/dom Luna content taken out? I guess it is but do you guys thinking of adding it back in the future? Personally, I was really excited to see how the dom/sub content was evolved but was surprised when I saw that it was taken out. The new story is much more in depth and more in character but still...
Yeah I thought they were adding the missing Luna content back in for this update.

F1forhalp

SOTD: The Cure - The Hanging Garden
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
Couple of errors while tinkering with the new update:

-the 64 bit crashes whenever I try to run it. Granted, my laptop is old AF.

-I get script errors, particularly when trying to summon Hermione, Luna, Astoria, or Susan. Of course, this is also when loading from a previous save, so it’s possible that I need to start from the beginning?
can merely point at trying the 32bit .exe, that one seems to run somewhat more smooth on older systems, no matter if the system is 32 or 64bit.

codwaw1

May 31, 2020
So far all the potion effects are temporary. Polyjuice I can understand but I was really hoping the expansion potions would at least be permanent. Doubly disappointing given how minimal the effects actually are, trainer games in general seem to get a kick out of baiting expansion fans with underwhelming content...
Shit, at least Paprika and Four Elements keep the effect.

apostatefarm

Jul 31, 2018
I have never played this game, nor the original. I have, however, read the reviews. Is it true that a lot of content has actually been cut as the updates went on, and very little non-wardrobe content added?
That's a pretty hyperbolic way to phrase what's been going on. This project's changed hands a couple of times, and content made by previous people had all piled up into varying degrees of buggy, unfinished mess. The current team (who seem to have a pretty clear vision of where they're going and how to get there) have cut out a lot of stuff, but the stuff they've replaced it with has all been of a significantly higher quality and consistency. The reworked routes aren't all back to where they were before all this started going on, though, so a lot of folks are grouchy about how long it's taking to rework everything. There have been a lot of outfits added compared to the story content, but I'd guess it's because their artists can easily knock out clothes while the story content/under the hood stuff is being worked on by the programmers. If you can get your hands on older versions there's some good stuff in there that's no longer in the game, but eventually there's going to be much better new stuff to replace it so eh.

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 75 Votes