Livvy

Mar 15, 2018
In a thread where an updated version of the game is uploaded once or twice a year and it's hardly ever a big update. This guys are one meter away of turning into another Bones, I've seen it happening enough times to state that.
Last year there were four updates, not counting patches, which are entirely free to everyone. Meanwhile, there's an update to the github every few days at most. Being skeptical is all well and good, but let's not kick the baby out with the bathwater.

Reactions: thenonemans

Lewyn Collins

Engaged Member
Nov 16, 2021
Last year there were four updates, not counting patches, which are entirely free to everyone. Meanwhile, there's an update to the github every few days at most. Being skeptical is all well and good, but let's not kick the baby out with the bathwater.
No there weren't:
There were 2 updates with new content, which is what people is expecting. One of them had the Cho content and all was good (1.42.0) and 1.44.0 had little extra content for Hermione, no more. Meanwhile, 1.43.0 was a performance update with no new content. The 4th update you are talking about simply does not exist.
4 "updates" for less than half an hour of new content, maybe 1 hour if you're a slow reader.
Not going to complain about the patches though.

Livvy

Mar 15, 2018
No there weren't:
There were 2 updates with new content, which is what people is expecting. One of them had the Cho content and all was good (1.42.0) and 1.44.0 had little extra content for Hermione, no more. Meanwhile, 1.43.0 was a performance update with no new content. The 4th update you are talking about simply does not exist.
4 "updates" for less than half an hour of new content, maybe 1 hour if you're a slow reader.
Not going to complain about the patches though.
I said there were four updates. You're now laying down new rules and saying that certain ones don't count. That's fine, but it doesn't disprove what I originally said. If you want to argue that certain updates don't count because reasons, that's fine, but it's a different argument.

You know what does disprove what I said though? I miscounted. Last year's Christmas update was a patch, not a full update. My mistake. Though considering that you've now said that only updates with 'content' count, that still brings the count to three. And again, updates every few days on github, all for free. Free as in libre, not 'someone leaked this for us'.

Last edited:

LoafyLemon

Witch Trainer Silver
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
Rather than wasting time addressing unfounded accusations in this thread, I think it's way more beneficial for both my sanity, and the project to put that energy into actual development rather than wasting time responding to some random who's talking out of their backside. It's worth noting that our project is open-source, allowing anyone to verify the progress and transparency first-hand through our development blogs and git repository. There's no excuse for this kind of behaviour.

Livvy

Mar 15, 2018
How much longer till the next update?
Yesterday. Or next year. One of the two.

Edit: The non-shitposting answer is; the team tends to dislike giving firm deadlines. The latest release is a pre-release version of 1.45, which is available on our website. Go in expecting what you would from a pre-release., but you should be able to play it from beginning to end with little to no issue. The team is still working on polishing it up, adding some writing, and ironing out bugs.

That being said, things are going well, and the proper release shouldn't be too far away. If you want more up to the moment updates, then you can always check the github yourself.

Last edited:

Combat1

Jul 24, 2022
I just can't understand complaining about updates when they're provided for free. There is so much whining on these forums about timelines and lack of updates for stuff that devs are willingly providing for free and that they have no obligation to deliver to non-patrons. I assume that most of the devs on this site have full time day jobs and that these games are side projects for them.

If you're a patron then yeah maybe you have a right to complain, but I don't pay for any of these games and the devs are under no obligation to provide anything to me. I'm fine to just wait until things are ready.

Crel

Jun 5, 2018
Still getting the following error in 1.44.4, anyone have a solution?

TypeError: _layout_class object argument after * must be an iterable, not NoneType

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This is a modified version of the game, so not a bug report!

Livvy

Mar 15, 2018
dude, you're still on a pirating site... that allowed you to publicize and gather paying consumers
and on top of that, this is not even your game
it's not like you have a lot to stand on when you act all offended you know?
jennifer-lawrence-ok[1].gif

Still getting the following error in 1.44.4, anyone have a solution?

TypeError: _layout_class object argument after * must be an iterable, not NoneType

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This is a modified version of the game, so not a bug report!

Have you extracted it correctly, and made sure that the mod you're attempting to use is compatible with the game version?

eru57093

Nov 26, 2021
Hi there guys,

started this game and like it very much so far.

One thing i've come across, sorry if I missed it in this long history of posts:
The WAIFU Book, I can't seem to unlock Ending 1 and thus Ending 5. I've tried various different options Throgout one read and get a new text (which I guess is for Ending 1), but it doesnt register as seen? (still has a x instead of the check)

Am I missing something, some requirement I need to unlock first?

4.10 star(s) 75 Votes