LoafyLemon

Witch Trainer Silver
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
i never use that auto update things; i don't have any of my boxed games to connect to anywhere. i don't even want those games to try. can i disable that automatic update attempt, in a way so the game never ever tries to connect anywhere, for whatever reason, even in future versions? i prefer things be done manually. step by step, if has to.
i prefer my hard- and software to do what i tell it, and just that, and nothing else. it's one reason why i run certain games in a virtual box, within a Win7 environment, which i can set to not do some stuff.
The updater can be disabled in the options. It was never mandatory.

Reactions: Zwart

amonvangrell

Mar 31, 2019
So long waiting for an update to the strip show, only to find that they've changed the original text for worsened text, did not include anything new and made the whole event tasteless and out of character. Gives you the perfect understanding of why Akabur is so great. His game was fun, it captured the spirit of the characters well. What a lame thing. Just killed the game for good for me now.

LoafyLemon

Witch Trainer Silver
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
So long waiting for an update to the strip show, only to find that they've changed the original text for worsened text, did not include anything new and made the whole event tasteless and out of character. Gives you the perfect understanding of why Akabur is so great. His game was fun, it captured the spirit of the characters well. What a lame thing. Just killed the game for good for me now.
It's pretty amusing that you mention that, 'cause we haven't made any changes in the latest update to that event outside of fixing bugs.

F1forhalp

SOTD: Katzenjammer - Hey Ho On The Devil's Back
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
The updater can be disabled in the options. It was never mandatory.
i know, just it is toggled On by default on a fresh install.
thus, i have to disable my interwebs on first run, and have to live with warnings popping up about the .exe trying to break out of the box.. or have to dig up the scripts and search for that toggle before first run. ok it's a mere nuisance, but still, worth asking. can we have the default be auto updates Off by any chance?
i do wipe the whole game including saves, persistent etc. for each update that contains content change / bugfixes, because i prefer the 'clean slate' approach. it basically avoids the random snafu with possible leftovers, and ain't too much work.

p.s. i know i know.. the very moment the updater is not On, people will QQ about it not working. they won't check the settings. :censored:

LoafyLemon

Witch Trainer Silver
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
i know, just it is toggled On by default on a fresh install.
thus, i have to disable my interwebs on first run, and have to live with warnings popping up about the .exe trying to break out of the box.. or have to dig up the scripts and search for that toggle before first run. ok it's a mere nuisance, but still, worth asking. can we have the default be auto updates Off by any chance?
i do wipe the whole game including saves, persistent etc. for each update that contains content change / bugfixes, because i prefer the 'clean slate' approach. it basically avoids the random snafu with possible leftovers, and ain't too much work.

p.s. i know i know.. the very moment the updater is not On, people will QQ about it not working. they won't check the settings. :censored:
f1forhalp is right actually, never can be too sure that there's no anything shady.

We openly distribute the source code. You are always free to build the game directly from source code without using an updater.

Jan 1, 2021
Always amazed at how angry people can be over something that is given to them for free
Ever list anything on Craigslist that you’re giving away for free because you just want it gone? There’s always a couple people who message you to ask if you’ll deliver, if you’re a smoker, if it’s damaged, etc, then get indignant because it’s not in a condition to their standards. And you’re just thinking “bro, it’s free. I can’t knock off $10 because you’re a narcissist who got too spoiled by Amazon. Take it or get lost.”

It’s kinda like that.

Reactions: Congressman Weiner

F1forhalp

SOTD: Katzenjammer - Hey Ho On The Devil's Back
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
o geez. it's not about this game here being shady, or the likes. it's about the auto updater, which of course can be toggled Off, once the game has started. what i simply dislike, is the auto updater being default On before i can toggle it off. i see it as a nuisance, not more not less. that doesn't even have much to do with the game code. it could even be implemented as boolean, during first launch, like "do you want the auto updater to run? Y/N" but that would mean -someone- would have to spend time on that one toggle, which likely would mean not just a single line of code.. dependencies and all that. i'm not much aware of the latest Ren'Py and how picky the core is when it comes to stop-and-wait-decision intercepts during launch. so, i brought it up here.

Blakmoon

Dec 12, 2019
Hi all. There is something that annoys me a little about Hermione, she always have tears, whatever happens. Even in the photo studio. Do someone knows why and maybe how to get rid of it ?

screenshot0006.png screenshot0005.png

LoafyLemon

Witch Trainer Silver
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
  • Love
Reactions: RealF and Blakmoon
4.10 star(s) 75 Votes