F1forhalp

SOTD: Katzenjammer - Hey Ho On The Devil's Back
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
Well, it takes a while to load the wardrobe -.- noooo
up to half a minute when you bought numbers of clothes already.
it's not even a heavy system load or anything.
no bottleneck with HD, RAM, CPU, GFX (all checked with Tonks and the Granger girl for now) but yea something takes it's time. lots of it; 30 seconds is an eternity given nowdays computers. it even was long back on Win95/98.

LoafyLemon

Witch Trainer Silver
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
up to half a minute when you bought numbers of clothes already.
it's not even a heavy system load or anything.
no bottleneck with HD, RAM, CPU, GFX (all checked with Tonks and the Granger girl for now) but yea something takes it's time. lots of it; 30 seconds is an eternity given nowdays computers. it even was long back on Win95/98.
The first loading is basically getting files ready from the disk. If it takes that long, it means you're probably using an old HDD or a really outdated CPU. What are your specs?

SenMizeri

Sep 23, 2021
The first loading is basically getting files ready from the disk. If it takes that long, it means you're probably using an old HDD or a really outdated CPU. What are your specs?
The older versions didn't do that, and I've got higher spec games that run faster and more efficiently. It also lags, and is unable to skip at fashion store now.

This is a software issue, not hardware. Only came into existence when they changed it around a bit, to have a nicer looking 'Loading' screen. It's quicker after the first loading but there's no actual need for it, turns the quality down. Previous versions worked and looked fine.

Reactions: XX-topic

LoafyLemon

Witch Trainer Silver
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
The older versions didn't do that, and I've got higher spec games that run faster and more efficiently. It also lags, and is unable to skip at fashion store now.

This is a software issue, not hardware. Only came into existence when they changed it around a bit, to have a nicer looking 'Loading' screen. It's quicker after the first loading but there's no actual need for it, turns the quality down. Previous versions worked and looked fine.
I'm the developer, and trust me, I know exactly what my code does. But hey, if you want to get some help, just share your PC specs with me, and maybe we'll be able to figure it out?

tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
I'm the developer, and trust me, I know exactly what my code does. But hey, if you want to get some help, just share your PC specs with me, and maybe we'll be able to figure it out?
You should look into speeding up the Hermione's transitions. They are very slow. Sometimes I can summon her, send her on a public quest while she is still shirtless from the favor she was doing the previous day.

Reactions: SenMizeri

LoafyLemon

Witch Trainer Silver
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
You should look into speeding up the Hermione's transitions. They are very slow. Sometimes I can summon her, send her on a public quest while she is still shirtless from the favor she was doing the previous day.
Not entirely sure what you're talking about, but it does sound like a bug. Can you hook me up with more details, like how to reproduce it? And if you can drop a report on the bug tracker in Discord. That'd be super helpful! Thanks!

tarzan999

Aug 11, 2016
Not entirely sure what you're talking about, but it does sound like a bug. Can you hook me up with more details, like how to reproduce it? And if you can drop a report on the bug tracker in Discord. That'd be super helpful! Thanks!
In the past some stuff in the game were slow(mostly saving/loading iirc), but now the clothing/facial expression transitions happen noticeably slower. Hermione was almost never wearing her scheduled outfit when she entered the office. I would drop a report, but I don't have anything more to say. I play on 2080, m2 ssd, 5800x and 16 gb ram. Maybe it had something to do with me skipping dialogue, but I was skipping dialogue in old versions as well.

Reactions: SenMizeri

F1forhalp

SOTD: Katzenjammer - Hey Ho On The Devil's Back
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
like i stated, there's no bottleneck traceable in my system; peak is CPU usage (3 of 4 cores, 35% -ish) on game start.. and the HD in use is like 14 months old, that's not really a mentionable age.
well, incoming tech babble, so
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Shadesishere

Modder
Dec 5, 2020
like i stated, there's no bottleneck traceable in my system; peak is CPU usage (3 of 4 cores, 35% -ish) on game start.. and the HD in use is like 14 months old, that's not really a mentionable age.
well, incoming tech babble, so
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I can back-up what you are saying btw, the lag, both at wardrobe opening and madam mafkins is pretty noticeable... also notice a pause when characters are changing clothes for certain scenes... and my system is strong enough to play pretty much anything I want it to :

CPU : I7-5820K
GPU : Nvidia RTX 3070TI
RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance
SSD1 : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB (just windows 10 here)
SSD2 : Samsung 870 EVO 4TB (Steam and "Offbrand" games here - where WTS is installed)
Storage HDD : Seagate 2TB (only has a crapton of movies and anime)

LoafyLemon

Witch Trainer Silver
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
In the past some stuff in the game were slow(mostly saving/loading iirc), but now the clothing/facial expression transitions happen noticeably slower. Hermione was almost never wearing her scheduled outfit when she entered the office. I would drop a report, but I don't have anything more to say. I play on 2080, m2 ssd, 5800x and 16 gb ram. Maybe it had something to do with me skipping dialogue, but I was skipping dialogue in old versions as well.
I was able to reproduce the issue, it was tied to image cache and skipping. It will be fixed in the next patch, thanks for mentioning it!

Jul 23, 2017
Is there a gallery (apart from the one where you can view the ending) I would like to view some scenes again(like the quidich matches)

Rayter

Mar 1, 2019
There is a Library Site with a lot of modded wardrobe that I wish someone brave and noble one could made mod to include all of that clothes. (The site is this: )

4.10 star(s) 75 Votes