LoafyLemon

Witch Trainer Silver
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
Game closes itself during Hermiones Just Talk favour and in wardrobe on my Android (using a S21 phone)
Trier it the newest and the 1.45.2 Version. Happens on both. Is the fix or so for that?
Not yet. The issue has been reported on their discord. Bizarrely, the game crashes on my modern and fairly powerful Android 12 tablet, but works fine (if a little slowly) on my older and less powerful Android 9 phone.
I've been having some trouble with odd crashes on certain android devices, and it's been tough to track them down because none of my devices are affected. I already fixed most of them in the latest update, but there are still a few that are giving me a hard time. I'd really appreciate it if you could help me out by sending over logcat logs. Thanks.

F1forhalp

SOTD: Katzenjammer - Hey Ho On The Devil's Back
Donor
Oct 28, 2019
Question, can you repeat the event with Cho and Tonks once you already saw it once?
i suggest you make a extra save for events you want to re-visit later; i usually do just that, somewhere on like page 6+ of the saves, where i'm sure i don't need the space for actual stuff. far as i know, there's no gallery mod for this mod, as of yet.

AllDust

Aug 21, 2019
You know, every time this updates I look at the change log, consider that the updater doesn't work, all old saves are always broken and there are no premade saves. Then I just resign to come back in half a year. There is no point to slog through all the parts of the game I have already played through to maybe get a new outfit and a new line of dialogue somewhere at the end of the game, only for the save to be busted with the next update anyway. Might as well wait until this is finished and stable ...at some point in the distant future.

Reactions: Slayer24

DredgenVayn

Oct 20, 2022
Did you change something in the option or which device you used? Downloaded it from the game homepage and from here (both versions) and everytime the game closed itself without a warning or something else.
Mega link works perfectly.

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
I've been having some trouble with odd crashes on certain android devices, and it's been tough to track them down because none of my devices are affected. I already fixed most of them in the latest update, but there are still a few that are giving me a hard time. I'd really appreciate it if you could help me out by sending over logcat logs. Thanks.
One game that I follow on Patron - Cabin by the Lake by Nunu - has two Android builds, one for older and one for more recent Android devices. It's possible that this issue might be the reason, though as I'm playing the game on Windows I don't know. It might be worth asking the developer if that's the reason and, if so, what he did to fix it. Only one of the builds seems to be linked to in the OP of the game's F95zone thread, but his Patron can be found here:

Livvy

Mar 15, 2018
I am playing this game after 2 years. But The latest Android version of the game doesn't even work. After the first encounter with Hermione, game close itself randomly at anytime. I can't even hang out with snape without crashing at least once. I know making a game is hard and i appreciate all the efforts devs put in the game. I just want to know "is there any settings i need to do to run the game smoothly and without crashing itself in every cutscene and interaction?". Currently it's on the default setting.
If you're sure that your device meets the minimum requirements, then submit a logcat file on the discord.

F1forhalp

Donor
Oct 28, 2019
hmmm by the sounds of it, latest Ren'Py version might be lesser compatible with, or more strict with android than previous versions.
then again, noone knows what im(worse)provements gurgle is doing with their updates and patcheroo. one of the reasons why i avoid android phones, and live happily ever after. kinda like, 'if there's a change, tell me what has changed and what it does; if you don't tell, i don't want it.' like so many others, gurgle never tells.
far as i know, Ren'Py devs usually do publish a rather transparent changelog.

F1forhalp

Donor
Oct 28, 2019
ummm fresh out of luck there i'd say, most people around here see this game/mod as 'too easy to have fast pace so why must have saves uploaded anywhere because there's builtin cheats and whatnot so why ask for the millionths time yet again'.. thus, likely all you'll get might be (more or less) witty comments. search the whole thread and you find all the answers to this ever occuring request.
about my saves, they're scrambled (aka encrypted and only readable on a specific part of my system) and totally useless for anyone not sitting at my compooter.

morphisiusz

Dec 19, 2017
I have a problem with one achievement in the game. I am trying to do the Flashback achievement. And I can't find the rollback function in the game ? In which place it is ?

F1forhalp

Donor
Oct 28, 2019
I have a problem with one achievement in the game. I am trying to do the Flashback achievement. And I can't find the rollback function in the game ? In which place it is ?
if you're playing on a computer.. did you try just to scroll up that mouse wheel, for rollback? that's kind of basic standard rollback in every Ren'Py game i know.

LB1990

Jan 11, 2020
Can someone share a save file ? Honestly i was playing 14.3 and i lose all my saves, don't want to replay all the grind just for fews scenes :-(

Reactions: Zane11

LoafyLemon

Witch Trainer Silver
Game Developer
Jul 1, 2017
Can someone share a save file ? Honestly i was playing 14.3 and i lose all my saves, don't want to replay all the grind just for fews scenes :-(
Same as above, anyone able to clutch it with a save please <3
It's important to be cautious when sharing or using save files from the internet. Loading random save files that you find online can put your computer at risk of getting infected with harmful software. The developers of Ren'Py, the software used to build this game and many more, strongly advise against this practice. In the versions 7.6 and 8.1 of Ren'Py, a warning will pop up whenever you attempt to load a save file that isn't from your own computer. This warning exists because save files can contain code that runs when the file is opened.
Malicious software created using this technique can have serious consequences:
  • It might gain access to, modify, or delete your files.
  • It could potentially spy on you by activating your webcam or recording your keystrokes (keylogger).
  • It may install additional harmful programs or viruses on your system.
  • Your unencrypted passwords could be exposed.
  • Your browser data could be accessed and stolen.
  • It might spread to other files and programs, causing further infections.
  • It could remain hidden from antivirus and malware detection software.
  • Attackers might gain remote control of your computer.
  • Your system could become unusable (bricked).
Notably, viruses developed using this method can affect various operating systems, including Android, MacOS, Linux, and Windows. This makes them a potential threat to a wide range of devices.
For a visual example, you can watch a presentation demonstrating a virus that resides within a Ren'Py save file here: .

4.10 star(s) 75 Votes