Kev33lar

Jul 4, 2018
Fiddling around with cheatengine and figured out how to edit money.
Go to the shop.
Check off something to sell.
Use cheatengine to find and alter the sale value.
I sold a pair of 25g gloves for 75000 gold.

Now only there was a way to figure out the combat system. I have been pumping points into unarmed and speed and still getting trashed by the human sparring partners.

Anyone find a way to increase physical damage yet?
I am still losing my first run, and only made it to level 7 on the first tower trial..
since you sold gloves, I am guessing you tried all the obvious stuff, like Armor, synergy, and unarmed gear.
If the new unarmed skills don't work, you might have to break down and start using weapons....

Kev33lar

Jul 4, 2018
The screenshots look pretty daunting. How complex is this game? And what kind of endings are there?
I haven't finished the first year yet.
A lot of the stuff seems random, but in essence it is not that complex to play, just to figure out what is best to do

Each week is one turn, to "win" you beat the tournament in 3 years
You guide your apprentice's development by your choices of which skills to develop, and items to buy.
Health is a LOT easier to improve/restore than mana,
Combat is auto attack off a menu- you pick a strategy (try to get close, try to stay at range- use up to 3 skills with higher priority, seal up to 3 skills by making them "secret", and selecting "don't use secret skills", etc) you can "Pause" the fight and change your strategy, but you can't actually fight them yourself.
training, doing jobs, etc gives you points in about 15 different categories, and you buy skills from those categories with those points. You can tell which categories will get points from the task. Except for the part-time jobs, all tasks cost a set amount of money (listed next to the task). Most jobs give you random money, and some skill points. the Higher paying jobs have a chance of COSTING you money, if you really mess up at them.

Buying skills, equiping items, and running sparring matches does NOT cost a turn, but everything else (including going shopping, to buy, sell and rest a bit) does.

Reactions: Yamemai

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
This game is FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE! I have played it 4 rounds now! Fucking new game only gives you gear and 30% of your skills.. so your fucking skills never grow.. even after 4 games still fucking impossible to beat.

The tournaments are fucking impossible as the enemies are always FULL FUCKING HEALTH and MANA but you never are! Recovery is total shit on recovery even with high fucking recovery. Forget weapons your fucking character will never use them even when on high priority!

New Games is a fucking joke in this game.. other games your new games you get more and more powerful but in this one you just lose nearly all your fucking skills!

Staff skills the only fucking skill that actually does anything is the damn staff skill itself.. the others are all shit.. including fend. I had armed skills for defense, agility at max 10.. did shit for me. Staff 10 did shit for me. Has anyone figured out what fucking skills actually are useful in this damn game?

popober

Jun 9, 2017
I breezed through the game with cheats thinking that either the events would be simple enough to unlock or winning the Corduroys would be just the halfpoint of the game. Man was I wrong. There seems to be a toooonnnn of events I missed, but apparently they're based on dates?

Is there any guide on how to unlock them? Or do I just save scum and hope for they aren't random at any rate. Honestly, I'd probably just prefer a 100% save if its the latter.

Reactions: Darkcroxz
Apr 7, 2017
I BELIEVE the black cat tells you that there's some sort of time based event that week, though it doesn't tell you which interaction will trigger it.

Is anyone sure what the exact trigger for unlocking Elle is? I'm pretty sure my first game it triggered in early-mid year 2 but my second game it didn't trigger until year 3.

Darkcroxz

Oct 14, 2019
I breezed through the game with cheats thinking that either the events would be simple enough to unlock or winning the Corduroys would be just the halfpoint of the game. Man was I wrong. There seems to be a toooonnnn of events I missed, but apparently they're based on dates?

Is there any guide on how to unlock them? Or do I just save scum and hope for they aren't random at any rate. Honestly, I'd probably just prefer a 100% save if its the latter.
Yeah, I am mising all the scenes with Valerie and the misterious woman (dont rebember her name), and I got no clue on how to unlock them.

ShinV

Aug 10, 2017
I BELIEVE the black cat tells you that there's some sort of time based event that week, though it doesn't tell you which interaction will trigger it.

Is anyone sure what the exact trigger for unlocking Elle is? I'm pretty sure my first game it triggered in early-mid year 2 but my second game it didn't trigger until year 3.
Several things around the room are subtle hints at in-game conditions. All of them except for the cats require certain room decorations. (ex. calendar that marks sales does not appear unless you have a desk in the room)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The trigger for Elle's appearance and subsequent apprenticeship is studying magic 12+ times. On Adept or higher, she starts the game as Viola's apprentice. You need to enter the monthly Queensbell Magic Tournament (victory not required) at least once and full clear the Towers of Trials, Magic, and Blessings to start Elle's route proper. On Adept+, you must also win the tournament and visit Elle at least 5 times to trigger Viola's route.

Staff skills the only fucking skill that actually does anything is the damn staff skill itself.. the others are all shit.. including fend. I had armed skills for defense, agility at max 10.. did shit for me. Staff 10 did shit for me. Has anyone figured out what fucking skills actually are useful in this damn game?
Summons (Dark Sphere > Static Ball > Flame Snake/Air Chaser; special mention for Duplicate with unarmed build) and conjurations (Ice Wall). Heal and Regeneration/Blessed Rain. Tailwind. Mud Bind. Drain Essence. The entire Lightning spell tree except Flash Step. Dark Despair/Effusive Light. Mud Bind, Nullify, and Aegis for duels. Everything that isn't a passive is either useless or much less useful if it isn't maxed. Keep training until then.

For a good starting base:
20/20 Action Speed/Constitution, skip Recovery, 1 Agility, 5 Defense > Max Reflexes.
15 Wizardry, 20 Mana Recovery, 10 Mana Capacity, max Elocution, 1 Magic Defense.
Max Heal and Regeneration.
Max Drain Essence.
Max Flame Snake (6 Flame Dart) or Air Chaser. This is your decoy spam spell, but it's also enough to handle early towers.
Optional: Max Ice Wall (5 Frozen Ice). This is your panic button and decoy for duels. Other summons die too quickly.
Optional: Max Static Ball or Dark Sphere. This is your DPS summon, which you will eventually need.
Optional: Wind element is good for towers. Water element is good for tournaments. Tailwind is especially important.
Optional: Max Music asap for better results from jobs. It adds up.

Once you have all that, then you can buy some decent gear and start clearing towers. On the starting tactics screen, disable physical attacks if you're using a staff, and disable offensive magic too (summons are considered defensive). Set conjures and Drain Essence to Secret and Heal and Regeneration to Priority. Turn on offensive magic when needed; otherwise leave it off. Toggle Secret skills when you need MP and/or breathing room, and retreat if you mess up.

Last edited:

SakuraKoi

Oct 22, 2020
That's some good advice already, the sooner we collect all gameplay tips, the better. Room Indicators would have been a high priority and likewise are the (most spoiler-free) route conditions important. Similarly are the NG+ options to be included with the routes, while the manual already tells us which, there is one thing left very vague which affects the skill refund rate which is apparently at least 30% (I too got that but someone mentioned 46%). The manual only says "certain milestones" and "Tower of Heroes" but there is not Tower with that name.

Edit: Tower of Heroes is in the Extra Menu, likewise the Quiz found there too increases Retention Rate but those might have to be unlocked by finishing one playthrough. All thanks to the for one can see there what the rate is split:
+10% if you answer all Quiz Questions correctly (kinda spoilery but not really)
+2% per 30 floors (up to +20%) of the Extra Hero Tower
+10% per Mode after (not including?) Training

Last edited:

pinged

Mar 21, 2018
Maxed out the Unarmed Tree to the God Blow move. One shots most things. Will probably never lose another boss fight or tournament again. Now to figure out how to fight against large crowds.

JorgeFFC

Jun 10, 2017
Ok, i wonder if anyone got the old japanese ssg of this game(cheat file used in SpoilerAL, or the CheatEngine for Japan). I tried acessing the old page with the database of old cheats trying to get the ssg file compatible with v1.10(that should also work with translated version anyway because adress doesn't change with translation though) but all i could get from there were installers or shit. I wonder if anyone still got the ssg file as text and a working one(the max i found as text, was the cheat list for the demo made waaaay before the game was released by japanese as well, or the page where they discussed the data and codes as the ssg was being made. The author has "Redcat" as nickname, one of the modifications with codes from necocan page, or where ssg files were posted).

If people are somewhat confuse on what ssg are, i guess if i mention Kamidori Alchemy Meister cheats using SpoilerAL or Sengoku Rance should refresh memory... there was also one like that for Daibanchou Big Bang Age(game close to impossible to even finish without cheating)...

The last forums with updated SpoilerAL and changes can be found here:
and the oldest database can be found here:
Though page has codes for literally close to all japanese games with simulation or rpg elements...

EDIT:
Ok, i found a way to extract the old database and get the codes, though in this case the guy who made these cheats didn't spread them on files one for each game, but directly added a kinda like database folder, so, it's VERY hard to find the exact ssg file or data just by looking at the list with so many codes avaliable and all game names written in kanji/katakana, so, here's how to get directly to the right file without so much problems... Also note that this game has an included Anti-Cheat(like most Softhouse games) that returns the value to the one before if u instant max or something, thus, some of the red named cheats are used to kill this function so u get to cheat as well.

TUTORIAL
And to be done with it, here's SpoilerAL Download:
This is the gentleman patch already applied and with all the ssg files i have within my computer...

Sample of Cheat in Effect after kill the game protections with one of the red written codes
1612973446213.png

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2019
Maxed out the Unarmed Tree to the God Blow move. One shots most things. Will probably never lose another boss fight or tournament again. Now to figure out how to fight against large crowds.
Dang this reminds me of God Hand for some reason. Probably because you can chain skills I guess?

Lunarius

Dec 30, 2018
This game is FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE! I have played it 4 rounds now! Fucking new game only gives you gear and 30% of your skills.. so your fucking skills never grow.. even after 4 games still fucking impossible to beat.

The tournaments are fucking impossible as the enemies are always FULL FUCKING HEALTH and MANA but you never are! Recovery is total shit on recovery even with high fucking recovery. Forget weapons your fucking character will never use them even when on high priority!

New Games is a fucking joke in this game.. other games your new games you get more and more powerful but in this one you just lose nearly all your fucking skills!

It do be like that...

This game would be seriously hard even if 100% of all skill points did carry over in a NG+. But you get only 30% (and as somebody else already pointed out; there's hints that the real percentage is even less), and you only get 3 years to get ready for the tournament. And with one week being one turn, with even simple things like shopping and sex eating up a whole week, that's just waaay too short. The whole setup just forces you to spend like a dozen playthroughs grinding to improve your stats.

And I agree, the tournaments are just bullshit. You need to be overwhelmingly stronger and tougher than your enemies in order to stand a chance at all - and with the way NG+ works in this game, that's just going to happen unless you're cheating or willing to sink at least a week's worth of soulless grinding into this. Playing this game without cheating is just way too much of a chore. If I want to do stuff that feels like work, I'll do actual work.

Worst part is, I actually like most aspects of this game. Celes is just too fucking cute, and the other characters and the story in general are reasonably well-written.

This game would be an 8 or 9 if it wasn't such a grindfest.

Hodedra

May 7, 2020
The best way to use the cheat in this game is (not really a surprise) giving yourself unlimited 'turns', as in, rewind time back to specific dates. Sadly, doing that would break some event in the game, like the tournaments.

Currently on 6th playthrough, and still getting ass kicked on the last event...lmao.

Hydronicz

Sep 24, 2017
Ok, i wonder if anyone got the old japanese ssg of this game(cheat file used in SpoilerAL, or the CheatEngine for Japan). I tried acessing the old page with the database of old cheats trying to get the ssg file compatible with v1.10(that should also work with translated version anyway because adress doesn't change with translation though) but all i could get from there were installers or shit. I wonder if anyone still got the ssg file as text and a working one(the max i found as text, was the cheat list for the demo made waaaay before the game was released by japanese as well, or the page where they discussed the data and codes as the ssg was being made. The author has "Redcat" as nickname, one of the modifications with codes from necocan page, or where ssg files were posted).

If people are somewhat confuse on what ssg are, i guess if i mention Kamidori Alchemy Meister cheats using SpoilerAL or Sengoku Rance should refresh memory... there was also one like that for Daibanchou Big Bang Age(game close to impossible to even finish without cheating)...

The last forums with updated SpoilerAL and changes can be found here:
and the oldest database can be found here:
Though page has codes for literally close to all japanese games with simulation or rpg elements...

EDIT:
Ok, i found a way to extract the old database and get the codes, though in this case the guy who made these cheats didn't spread them on files one for each game, but directly added a kinda like database folder, so, it's VERY hard to find the exact ssg file or data just by looking at the list with so many codes avaliable and all game names written in kanji/katakana, so, here's how to get directly to the right file without so much problems... Also note that this game has an included Anti-Cheat(like most Softhouse games) that returns the value to the one before if u instant max or something, thus, some of the red named cheats are used to kill this function so u get to cheat as well.

TUTORIAL
And to be done with it, here's SpoilerAL Download:
This is the gentleman patch already applied and with all the ssg files i have within my computer...

Sample of Cheat in Effect after kill the game protections with one of the red written codes
View attachment 1029566
I kinda got it to work and managed to change money but I have no clue what the other things mean (or how to translate) could you tell me what it all means or how to run it through a translator?

JorgeFFC

Jun 10, 2017
I kinda got it to work and managed to change money but I have no clue what the other things mean (or how to translate) could you tell me what it all means or how to run it through a translator?
Thats the reason i complained about the database format, the cheats and names in english within the SpoilerAL(the cheats like for Venus Blood or Sengoku Rance) are codes i was able to get acess to the file and translate or at least get a general idea of what the code can do, but in the format it is, i don't know/have acess to the info/point of the database the info is, so, i can't translate the name of each code at all(or descriptions). I could try searching in the database again some other time to see if i can get the right file as kanji and re-name the stuff some other time

EDIT:
Ok, after being able to open the right file while using Notepad++ and right configuration, i was able to MTL and translated the definitions of each code...
Re-place the file on the path(extracting obvious): SpoilerAL -> SSG -> Redcat -> (Here).
Then go through the same process as the other post and the result will be something like this:
1612984018774.png
Have fun cheating then. Note that both Anti Cheat Killers should be active or the game will keep returning value to the old one...

Last edited:
3.70 star(s) 6 Votes