Deleted member 15555

Harem Lover
Donor
Apr 25, 2017
No ntr is a good start for any games, me likes :ROFLMAO:

Jokes aside it looks good, can you tell us a bit more of the lore? Like will the mc have powers or something, will this have more story or will this only be a dating game.

Reactions: Macgamer

Faerie Dust

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2020
Looks promising. Word of advice: The font is really annoying. It works for title cards and menus, but when you want to read longer text something more neutral works better.
I got used to it but I can definitely understand frustration with the font. To be truthful, I tried creating something similar to The DeLuca Family where you can switch between them, but failed miserably at the time :ROFLMAO:. I should have more knowledge now and will definitely come back and take some time to implement an option with a more neutral font. Don't be afraid to post more suggestions on how to improve the game, I love this type of comment.

Goblin Baily: DILF

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 29, 2017
There isn't, I checked ;)

It was a conscious decision. I see many developers give up on their first project. I didn't want to be overwhelmed so I kept things simple - it also allows me to easily add new clothing, facial expressions and poses over time. The game is sprite-based, so if later I decide to change something it won't be a problem.
and it was one of the best decisions you ever made in your life.... the rich plots of lands are perfect
I got used to it but I can definitely understand frustration with the font. To be truthful, I tried creating something similar to The DeLuca Family where you can switch between them, but failed miserably at the time :ROFLMAO:. I should have more knowledge now and will definitely come back and take some time to implement an option with a more neutral font. Don't be afraid to post more suggestions on how to improve the game, I love this type of comment.
my only problem with fonts is the same color: Polina's name, MC's name and items aquisition are all green. so during dialogues it's easy to be confused...
the menus offer plenty of informations about items, status and relationships...speaking of stats, I think confidence and knowledge are misplaced in the code as I never managed to hit Polina ( i picked "trained as a warrior and talked to girls), and at some point if MC gives her money despite having none, she stops attacking him even, if he has gold coins....
and another thing that bothers me is the gold coin exchange... 1 gold is worth more than just 11 coins
otherwise a perfect game

• Love
Reactions: Faerie Dust

Faerie Dust

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2020
No ntr is a good start for any games, me likes :ROFLMAO:

Jokes aside it looks good, can you tell us a bit more of the lore? Like will the mc have powers or something, will this have more story or will this only be a dating game.
For sure! The lore is essentially medieval with some fantasy elements thrown in (potions, some items like fairy dust, a few mythological creatures and magical landscapes). The idea is to keep the game based on reality, without going too crazy with the magic. The characters won't have powers or spells, but can make use of potions. As a sandbox, the story will be focused on character development - someone with little affection towards you will talk and act differently than when they have a higher affection. One example that is already implemented is the Innkeeper giving you a discount and acting nicer when she gets to know you better.

Ideally, I also want the story of the lore to progress as well, to make it feel more alive. This could be implement through checkpoints with characters or simply advancing the story according to how many days it has passed. I'll have to think more about it and test different ways to implement it.

Mirankor

Jul 19, 2017
Just a very quick word of advice, make sure the witches all have different appearances in the final version of the game. Aside from that, the game looks decently made, and I look forward to seeing you finish it.

Faerie Dust

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2020
and it was one of the best decisions you ever made in your life.... the rich plots of lands are perfect

my only problem with fonts is the same color: Polina's name, MC's name and items aquisition are all green. so during dialogues it's easy to be confused...
the menus offer plenty of informations about items, status and relationships...speaking of stats, I think confidence and knowledge are misplaced in the code as I never managed to hit Polina ( i picked "trained as a warrior and talked to girls), and at some point if MC gives her money despite having none, she stops attacking him even, if he has gold coins....
and another thing that bothers me is the gold coin exchange... 1 gold is worth more than just 11 coins
otherwise a perfect game
This comment is really useful and insightful! I will work so that each character have their own color, probably MC name will be blue instead. Changing the color of the items is a detail that can make it look nicer as well.

The stats are implemented correctly, but to beat Polina you need to have both high Health and Energy. Let's say, 70 Health and 100 Energy should always be enough even without Confidence points. I should probably add a tutorial at the first fight since it may seem a bit random without explanation.

You should befriend her if you are continuously broke or if you let her go after winning the fight a couple times. The requirement should be raised on the next update, so it won't happen as quickly.

I totally agree about the gold, it felt it wasn't valuable enough when I was playtesting but ended up not changing it. It should be at least 1/20 on the next release. Thanks for your valuable thoughts!

Last edited:

arelor

Oct 6, 2017
Hello everyone, this is a dream project. As such, development will continue even with zero financial support. That said, your help is greatly appreciated, even if it's just leaving a comment or review! I've spent 10 months building this demo (mostly learning how to code in Ren'Py). There is a prologue and an initial section of the open world - it should give you a good idea of what the game will be like. Now that the foundation is done, development time should be more efficient going forward. Thank you for your interest and I'd love to hear your feedback.

* I realise the thread is not edited accordingly! Sorry, I'm new here and could please use some help! *
You should ask for game developer badge that makes everything easier

Faerie Dust

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2020
I got a virus alert for TR/Crypt.ZPACK.Gen
False positive? I provided the Mega link myself and can guarantee it's clean. The mirrors were provided by our hero moderators and I doubt there are any issues as well. Nobody else seemed to have this problem.

ffds

Oct 31, 2017
False positive? I provided the Mega link myself and can guarantee it's clean. The mirrors were provided by our hero moderators and I doubt there are any issues as well. Nobody else seemed to have this problem.
I downloaded through Mega, the Antivirus is Avira.

Arassei

May 28, 2019
Hello,
For me, there are 3 little problems :
1) Polina, I didn't want to give her money and I had to fight her to the death (mine). When I wanted to escape, she attacked me, so I had no choice (or maybe I missed something ?)
2) When you touch the woman's breast, you see the background moving as well.
3) The typo. You can conserve it for the names and titles, but for regular sentences, maybe it would be better to change it.

Also, I found Fairy Dust (?) but I lost it I don't know how.

Except that, I want to say it a good start, I liked the jokes with the pussy, I saw the three options, thanks to the rollback.

Faerie Dust

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2020
Hello,
For me, there are 3 little problems :
1) Polina, I didn't want to give her money and I had to fight her to the death (mine). When I wanted to escape, she attacked me, so I had no choice (or maybe I missed something ?)
2) When you touch the woman's breast, you see the background moving as well.
3) The typo. You can conserve it for the names and titles, but for regular sentences, maybe it would be better to change it.

Also, I found Fairy Dust (?) but I lost it I don't know how.

Except that, I want to say it a good start, I liked the jokes with the pussy, I saw the three options, thanks to the rollback.
Thanks for your comment. I think showing a tutorial on the first fight would be useful.

To successfully escape from the fight, you need high Energy. Combat depends on your Health, Energy and some small RNG variation. The higher your Energy, the less damage you will receive (wolves included). To deal more damage, you need to have both high Health and Energy. Having Confidence helps as well.

Polina will steal your belongings one category at a time. Her preference order is gold, silver, copper, fairy dust and wine. If you don't have gold coins, she will take silver, and so on. So she took your fairy dust because you had no coins. It's always a good idea to keep some spare change.

I will try to fix the background moving issue and enable an option under settings where you can choose a more standard font for normal texts.

Last edited:

Arassei

May 28, 2019
Thanks for your comment. I think showing a tutorial on the first fight would be useful.

To successfully escape from the fight, you need high Energy. Combat depends on your Health, Energy and some small RNG variation. The higher your Energy, the less damage you will receive (wolves included). To deal more damage, you need to have both high Health and Energy. Having Confidence helps as well.

Polina will steal your belongings one category at a time. Her preference order is gold, silver, copper, fairy dust and wine. If you don't have gold coins, she will take silver, and so on. So she took your fairy dust because you had no coins. It's always a good idea to keep some spare change.

I will try to fix the background moving issue and enable an option under settings where you can choose a more standard font for normal texts.
I see. Well, for now, she doesn't take me anything, her points are more than 20 so I think it's good for me.
But I reached 100/100 with Nadia (I can rest for free in the inn!) and after just a couple of days in the woods, her points droped at 84 o_O that's was fast
If I have to take care of all girls in the game, I will never be able to reach 100 for all of them '^^
Maybe it would be better if the score doesn't drop, and in return, it would be more " difficult " to gain points. I mean, I gained some points just by buying bread, wine and roses, or converting money, it was fast too.

Faerie Dust

Game Developer
Jan 15, 2020
I see. Well, for now, she doesn't take me anything, her points are more than 20 so I think it's good for me.
But I reached 100/100 with Nadia (I can rest for free in the inn!) and after just a couple of days in the woods, her points droped at 84 o_O that's was fast
If I have to take care of all girls in the game, I will never be able to reach 100 for all of them '^^
Maybe it would be better if the score doesn't drop, and in return, it would be more " difficult " to gain points. I mean, I gained some points just by buying bread, wine and roses, or converting money, it was fast too.
You definitely overplayed this version haha but I'm happy you went for it. Each update will bring new balance changes. I like your idea to both grow and lose affection slower. Raising affection so fast by simply buying products will be fixed. Yes, you befriended Polina if it's above 20 and that also should take a little longer on the next version. But the game is designed so that you won't be able to keep all of them at 100 at the same time, though you'll be able to see everything with one save.

myuhinny

Devoted Member
Sep 7, 2017
I was going to check this one out till I saw that it's basically the same girl with just a different hairdo. If there was some variety and a nice small breasted girl I would of played it as I would of played it for the small breasted one.

Reactions: Hones and arelor

Yasuo Reynald

Jul 21, 2019
Really good concept, i can't wait to see the next update. I like a lot the music and the ambiance that you created. I understand that's a demo so there's just a bit of content but still good work!

e-disfunction

Jun 1, 2019
Hey Faerie Dust!

The game looks really good and I want to see more. :)

Also, (take it or leave it) you might consider registering Wonderland Witches VN at as your game will get wider exposure. (y)

e-d

P.S.: See, I didn't even think about text boxes. ;)

2.50 star(s) 4 Votes