• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

KeepOnLiving

Oct 21, 2018
That is hilarious and amazing lol

Were you that kid on the playground who would interrupt people's games with "No, you're supposed to play it THIS way!"

Nobody likes the "Well, Actually" guy. Don't be that guy. A race's "established history" is only established in that particular world. But you don't seem to know what plagiarism means. Allow me:
My guy, i think it's great you're not only active on the forums, but giving really thought out answers and trying to establish a good environment for feedback and suggestions.

That being said, you probably spent half an hour trying to show that NPC over there that his argument makes like no sense whatsoever for the second time in the span of a single day.

Please think about ignoring or moderating more and spending less time with those people.
I've seen a lot of stupidity, negativity and overreactions here. Which makes sense, considering the main demographic here.
What i am afraid of is them draining your time, and maybe even motivation through perceived negativity.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
My guy, i think it's great you're not only active on the forums, but giving really thought out answers and trying to establish a good environment for feedback and suggestions.

That being said, you probably spent half an hour trying to show that NPC over there that his argument makes like no sense whatsoever for the second time in the span of a single day.

Please think about ignoring or moderating more and spending less time with those people.
I've seen a lot of stupidity, negativity and overreactions here. Which makes sense, considering the main demographic here.
What i am afraid of is them draining your time, and maybe even motivation through perceived negativity.
Definitely a flaw of mine. I am not a meek person and I have my own Pride complex to deal with lol. Appreciate your support and insight. Thankfully, any draining negativity is generally made up for by positivity from the community, which motivates me. Don't worry, though. There's not a single individual on this earth that could hit me hard enough to make me abandon this game; there are simply too many of you who are in love with the characters, and let me tell you, I can feel that love. THAT is what keeps me going.

For transparency's sake, I'll let ya in on what I've been doing since the first Patreon release of this build. Over the past couple of months, I've been scouting. I've been looking for people who both love the game and are interested in writing, coding, or posing. And I've actually found a few people who want to contribute. I've had a couple of people write a couple of scenes, which I've then gone over and heavily edited to ensure they keep to the same WCA flavor and standard you all have come to expect. I have one guy working on posing and shooting for the scene that he wrote, teaching him the importance of intimate angles and how elevation can add emotion to the shot.

Long story short, if I keep any of these people on, I will be able to delegate some of the work. My ultimate goal is to add one or two people to Team EmberWings, people whose work is of the highest caliber, so that we, collectively, can get content updates out to you all FASTER, but WITHOUT sacrificing the quality you've come to expect from this series. Sure, I could keep soloing things. But an update every 4 or 5 months is... well I'm not satisfied with that. I think we can do better.

That also gives everyone time to fill out the Future of WCA form and for me to analyze the data and know what to pitch to Rimulex (the feature coder) as far as which systems we'll be using in WCA Season 2. Actually, you know what? I have some time. Let's dive into that real quick.

1669435925338.png

Right, so these graphs are fairly telling. Nearly 90% of you all would be okay with a light sandbox mechanic that, rather than forcing you to grind and sleep over and over, would allow you to progress with the girls' side stories during breaks from the main story.

On the flipside, only 60% of you want anything to do with RPG and Final Fantasy style party systems and battle mechanics. While it is technically a majority, that's not enough for me. My current thought is, if I have any action sequences for the player to actually play through rather than watch, I may just do a Dragon's Lair/Space Ace/Brain Dead 13 style QTE sequence where you have to memorize the correct moves in each sequence to make it through the adventure (props if anyone remembers these games). I would relegate this mechanic to specific side stories first to test it out and see how people felt about it on a feedback form as usual. If I get a good response, bam. I've found my "game" mechanic. If not, back to the drawing board.

I'm also looking to spend a bit of money on marketing/advertising, or collabs with other AVN creators to help promote each other. So if you're one of those, hit me up.

Anyways, time to get ready for work. I dream of a day where the WCA series reaches a support level like that of Summertime Saga so I could spend these work days working on WCA rather than in a security uniform. Y'all are wonderful for what you've done so far and I appreciate every one of you. With every Patreon or SubscribeStar supporter, I'm one step closer to escaping the machine and working on this game full-time.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
I may just do a Dragon's Lair/Space Ace/Brain Dead 13 style QTE sequence where you have to memorize the correct moves in each sequence to make it through the adventure (props if anyone remembers these games). I would relegate this mechanic to specific side stories first to test it out and see how people felt about it on a feedback form as usual.
Please make anything like that avoidable. Like put an autowin cheat in the options or something, AVNs by necessity should never require two hands or reflexes to play. Actual gameplay mechanics are just gonna drain all the blood out of my lower half.

Kinda amazed at the survey results though. Going by comments on most threads you'd think sandbox is as bad as NTR to most people. Gonna be interesting reading following this thread when that drops.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
Kinda amazed at the survey results though. Going by comments on most threads you'd think sandbox is as bad as NTR to most people. Gonna be interesting reading following this thread when that drops.
I think that's more due to the described sandbox mechanic, which is just "at some point, it'll stop advancing main story and let you choose which stor(ies) to advance until you're ready to resume the main story", which is the least intrusive sandboxy mechanic ever. The main objection to sandbox is the usual meaning, which is grinding stats or currency by repeating identical events numerous times, usually limited by a specific time of day.

Reactions: Shadowen

Harkonnan

Give me chiisana oppai!
Game Developer
Oct 24, 2020
It's not the sandbox mechanic itself that's the issue, its how it has been used in the past. Many games use sandbox elements to increase playtime without actually contributing to the game in any way. It was just a lazy way to create something for "players" to do without actually giving any effort to content generation. This resulted in many games that were just a grind fest that people hated. As a result the term sandbox is generally shunned; however, I have played a few games that used sandbox elements properly and the sandboxing added to the experience because I felt like I was actually working towards something. When it's applied correctly I consider that to be the light sandboxing VictorSeven is referring to. I am one of the people that voted for it.

JJDrakken

Oct 28, 2021
I hate sandbox shit, for these stories.

That's just me, I see it as a annoying, QTE suck(should have option to avoid em). I feel Sandbox mechanic in the adult games is just used to milk or pad out stuff with less effort for the creator to string out small content longer to thus milk more of a cash flow for less the effort.

That's just my opinion, you are the creator of the story, so you do you. If your Patreons voted that, they are the one's giving you the funds, so you gotta make them appeased.

Tiur

Nov 13, 2021
That's just me, I see it as a annoying, QTE suck(should have option to avoid em). I feel Sandbox mechanic in the adult games is just used to milk or pad out stuff with less effort for the creator to string out small content longer to thus milk more of a cash flow for less the effort.
None of what you're describing matches what Vic has talked about as a sandbox mechanic, though. He's specifically talking about letting the player decide, effectively, the order of and how many optional girls' stories they engage with before continuing with the main story. He's still writing and rendering the stories regardless, so it's not like this is 'less effort' for him in the slightest. To the contrary, it's rather more effort than just not including some of the optional girls at all. Having read the intent and purpose of it, I voted for it as well.

JJDrakken

Oct 28, 2021
None of what you're describing matches what Vic has talked about as a sandbox mechanic, though. He's specifically talking about letting the player decide, effectively, the order of and how many optional girls' stories they engage with before continuing with the main story. He's still writing and rendering the stories regardless, so it's not like this is 'less effort' for him in the slightest. To the contrary, it's rather more effort than just not including some of the optional girls at all. Having read the intent and purpose of it, I voted for it as well.

I am aware of it. I was also expressing my opinion on the subject and reason why I dislike it(sandboxes).

But the story & characters here are very nice to read. I also stated if he decided to go full sandbox, it's his creation and if his patrons wanted that, go for it. They are the ones who are offering you support for the work.

Not once did attack the person, like your perceiving. Maybe re-read the a bit more careful, before you go full Bodyguard on me for the creator, who I have stated I've enjoyed their work and support what they do.

Last edited:

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
BTW are you really as surprised as the voting intermissions imply about Cecilia being liked? The obsession is really fucking adorable.
Is the harpy transformation just a haircut each time? it seems to be the biggest difference between her 'forms'.
Also looking forward to possible scenes with Blossom, now that's what I call funsized!

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
BTW are you really as surprised as the voting intermissions imply about Cecilia being liked? The obsession is really fucking adorable.
Is the harpy transformation just a haircut each time? it seems to be the biggest difference between her 'forms'.
Also looking forward to possible scenes with Blossom, now that's what I call funsized!
It's probably surprising because people who don't like her, and yanderes in general, are quite vocal about it. Leaves the impressions she'd be less popular than she probably is. I love Cecilia, I can't wait until we can really start her path and especially get the poor girl some help, but I suspect she'd rank really high in both popularity, and unpopularity contests. Like if the dev did a least favourite character poll I'd be surprised if she didn't make top 3.

zeraligator

May 25, 2018
It's probably surprising because people who don't like her, and yanderes in general, are quite vocal about it. Leaves the impressions she'd be less popular than she probably is. I love Cecilia, I can't wait until we can really start her path and especially get the poor girl some help, but I suspect she'd rank really high in both popularity, and unpopularity contests. Like if the dev did a least favourite character poll I'd be surprised if she didn't make top 3.
Yeah, one of those 'most 5/5 and most 1/5' characters.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Please make anything like that avoidable. Like put an autowin cheat in the options or something, AVNs by necessity should never require two hands or reflexes to play. Actual gameplay mechanics are just gonna drain all the blood out of my lower half.

I hate sandbox shit, for these stories.

That's just my opinion, you are the creator of the story, so you do you. If your Patreons voted that, they are the one's giving you the funds, so you gotta make them appeased.
I will absolutely make the QTE thing an option. Not only would it suck for people who just wanna relax and enjoy the story, it would also alienate disabled gamers, which I'm not going to do. But for those who want it, it'll be an option to put more "game" in the game.

For the "sandbox" stuff... It's literally just gonna be "Pick a girl's story" or "Continue main story." That's it. No fluff. No stats. No grind. No day/night cycle. No bullshit. The MOST I'll do is require a certain level in one or two girls' stories to continue the main story, and only if it really makes sense to do so. I'm not a fan of forcing people to interact with characters they don't like, but you might have to get to know, say, Aoibheann a little better before she'll spy on Ms. Clements for you, or Kanako a bit better before she'll sell you the right Christmas gift for Princess Tilai. You'll never be forced to be intimate with them, but you might have to make some friends.

Cecilia and the Harpy are the two most polarizing characters, with Cecilia being #1. Very rarely is there a middle ground. People either want a full redemption arc for Cecilia or want her to die in a fire. There's almost no grey area lol

annoo

Jul 12, 2021
I'd love for you to try it first and let me know what ya think
Okay, so finally I had some free time to play this, and I didn't like it, but I promised to give you some feedback so, here it is:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I don't think my thoughts were helpful for the further development of this game, but maybe you could use them if/when you finish this game and create a remake/remaster of it, or maybe if you would later make an episode zero version about what happened before the start of this game, or something like that. :unsure:

Anyway this game is not for me, but others may like it.
So, thanks for developing and sharing it. (y)

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Okay, so finally I had some free time to play this, and I didn't like it, but I promised to give you some feedback so, here it is:

I don't think my thoughts were helpful for the further development of this game, but maybe you could use them if/when you finish this game and create a remake/remaster of it, or maybe if you would later make an episode zero version about what happened before the start of this game, or something like that. :unsure:

Anyway this game is not for me, but others may like it.
So, thanks for developing and sharing it. (y)
I think you may have come in with the wrong expectations lol. It's established early on that this is a monster girl focused harem game, and that it was designed so that the love interests are pretty open-minded about sharing you. There is no cheating happening, because the girls aren't that selfish. He's not shitty; he has permission. Also, the protagonist wasn't written to be a blank slate that the player could fill in with all of their wants and traits; he's a fully fleshed-out character with his own flaws, story, and development arc that you'll see progress as the seasons go on. Hence why I refer to him as Aurum and not "the MC." He starts off pretty passive, and is going to have to overcome his destructive self-sacrificing behavior as the story goes on and grow a bit more of a backbone.

As for it being so linear and light on choices, that's because this is the first game I've ever made, and I'm an author, not a coder lol. It's a very valid gripe and it's completely due to my inexperience with coding.

This Season 1 was meant to be a pretty linear prologue, a set-up to the next seasons, which will actually offer you far more choices on who you romance and who you don't now that I KIND OF know what I'm doing. If you want to choose one girl, you'll be able to, because now I know how to do that code-wise. You'll still have to make friends to advance certain quests, including the main story, but you won't be forced to kiss or be intimate with anyone if you don't want to.

All this being said, I do appreciate you being willing to share your thoughts, and especially for speaking from your own experience rather than straight up attacking/trashing my work like a few people have done. Your comments are sincere and constructive, and speak to your user experience. I appreciate that and respect it. I'm sorry you didn't get what you wanted out of the experience, and I know I can't please everyone. The story arcs were meant to be Season 1: Janitor Arc, Season 2: Security Arc, and Season 3: Counselor Arc, with potential beyond these if people still loved the game. You're not stuck as a Janitor forever, and WJC doesn't remain a shithole forever. Even Ms. Clements is starting to warm up to you by the end of the public build. The story starts off dark and shitty because overcoming adversity is a key point in the experience. If everything is perfect in the beginning, I feel it's boring. To me, things feel better when they're EARNED, not just thrown at your feet like most other AVNs out there. The game is very much not a dating sim, and I hope I didn't misrepresent it on the description page.

Again, thank you for giving it a try and for sharing your thoughts in the manner that you did, though I'm sad you didn't enjoy it. Your "Episode Zero" idea is rather fantastic, and with your permission, I may just take inspiration from it. Fair travels, and I hope you find more games you like!

annoo

Jul 12, 2021
I think you may have come in with the wrong expectations
True, very true. :sneaky:

The game is very much not a dating sim, and I hope I didn't misrepresent it on the description page.

Hmm... :unsure: Let's have look, at the description page:
People have different tastes, and we wanted to cover as many of those as we could.
We wanted a vast array of options and aesthetics,
Each of these characters will have a deep, lovingly crafted story of their own. We're hoping that each route you choose will have hours worth of content you'll be thinking about
provide a deeply satisfying experience on both a physical and emotional level.
We want you, the player, to be emotionally connected to our characters and invested in their stories.

So... Where is this mentioned in the description? :unsure:
It's established early on that this is a monster girl focused harem game, and that it was designed so that the love interests are pretty open-minded about sharing you.
This Season 1 was meant to be a pretty linear prologue, a set-up to the next seasons, which will actually offer you far more choices on who you romance and who you don't

I think I will patiently wait for the next seasons then. :)
If you want to choose one girl, you'll be able to
(y)
you won't be forced to kiss or be intimate with anyone if you don't want to
(y)
You're not stuck as a Janitor forever, and WJC doesn't remain a shithole forever.
(y)

Your "Episode Zero" idea is rather fantastic, and with your permission, I may just take inspiration from it.
Sure, go ahead, I wish you good luck. (y)

Last edited:

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
So... Where is this mentioned in the description? :unsure:
It doesn't need to be mentioned in the description. The game is tagged harem, natural assumption without it being explicitly explained is that it's gonna be a harem game.
Even if there were solo romance routes you'd only end up getting like, a couple scenes every few updates with your girl. The assumption with harem development is that most players are gonna go for most girls, if you tunnel vision onto a single one then you're gonna miss out on a lot of content.

4.50 star(s) 32 Votes