VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Fun Post: Core Character Bdays and Ethnicities

Hey all!

I've had a few questions lately as to the origins of some of the human characters, and the funny thing is, I HAVE all this information. I just didn't know where to put it. So I'll just throw it here in a post that covers all the current Core characters!

Also, my test of Yordles in WCA.
AI_2022-11-07-08-18-31-213.png

Aoibheann:
Birthday: March 9th
Ethnicity: Irish

Barirmouserd Flintthane (Mouse):
Birthday: March 11th
Ethnicity: Dwarf

Blossom:
Birthday: January 10th
Ethnicity: Pixie

Cecilia Silva:
Birthday: May 3rd
Ethnicity: Portuguese

Lillian Van Der Stahl (Ms. Clements)
Birthday: August 13th
Ethnicity: Dutch

Chiara:
Birthday: November 15th
Ethnicity: Jamaican

Druthari:
Birthday: February 20th
Ethnicity: Dark Elf

Li Xiahui (Ember):
Birthday: March 3rd
Ethnicity: Chinese

Eshtel:
Birthday: October 25th
Ethnicity: Wind Elf

Galka:
Birthday: April 5th
Ethnicity: Goliath

Gilles Desmarais (Gillie):
Birthday: September 4th
Ethnicity: French

Jade:
Birthday: August 21st
Ethnicity: Okinawan

Kanako:
Birthday: August 5th
Ethnicity: Japanese/Caucasian mixed

Lirum:
Birthday: October 29th
Ethnicity: Spirit Elf

Nook:
Birthday: February 14th
Ethnicity: Goblin

River:
Birthday: February 29th
Ethnicity: Caucasian mixed

Rukah:
Birthday: December 25th
Ethnicity: Orc

Saarya:
Birthday: November 23rd
Ethnicity: Dryad

Serafina:
Birthday: June 24th
Ethnicity: Tongan

Princess Gubgruz (Tilai):
Birthday: December 1st
Ethnicity: Goblin

Wither:
Birthday: July 30th
Ethnicity: Dryad

There you have it! There's probably a better way to format this, but there ya go. Just a bit of fun for the holidays.

-Vic

khaelin02

Nov 30, 2017
Wanted to say I love River, I'd like an option where we tell HER she doesn't have to change and Re-Birth is not necessary to be with MC, only if she absolutely wants this.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I was waiting throughout the rest of the game to get back to River, only to be a bit disappointed. I hope to see more of River soon. I also noticed the remix of Secret of Mana: A Phantom and a Rose. I loved this game as a kid, mix of action and RPG, one of the best of it's time.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Wanted to say I love River, I'd like an option where we tell HER she doesn't have to change and Re-Birth is not necessary to be with MC, only if she absolutely wants this.
I was waiting throughout the rest of the game to get back to River, only to be a bit disappointed. I hope to see more of River soon. I also noticed the remix of Secret of Mana: A Phantom and a Rose. I loved this game as a kid, mix of action and RPG, one of the best of it's time.
I use Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore, and Illusion of Gaia music in my D&D games constantly lol. Love their music.

Also yes. Willy is a bastard.

Regarding River, this is a request I get often, though it's usually in the form of the player wanting control over whether or not she goes through with Rebirth, because that's what the player wants. In this case, this is what River wants. This is written to be a tad more real than your typical game where you get a ton of control over the outcome. This is more of a story than a game per se, and this is what River wants as a person. She's not doing it to be with the MC, as you will have choices on how early you want to be intimate with her, if at all. She's doing it for herself, because she will feel better in the body that suits her soul. So I don't plan to put any options regarding whether or not she partakes in the Rebirth Ceremony. I do, however, have a mechanic coming up that makes a use of the ceremony require something. I won't spill the beans yet, but if you don't want to go through with it, you could simply just... not offer the thing. But then you'd be breaking a promise...

khaelin02

Nov 30, 2017
I could never trick her into saying I couldn't find something that would help her. In regards to her choice, I get that, but MC can reinforce he likes her either way. (The only reason I'd like to keep her as trap is it's SO hard to find a good game with traps. Most other games make them look to much like a girl, I feel River is a good balance between the two. I just hope we have lot's of ... fun scenes with her before.) :sneaky:
Also loved Illusion of Gaia. :cool:

Aetheran

Mar 23, 2020
I could never trick her into saying I couldn't find something that would help her. In regards to her choice, I get that, but MC can reinforce he likes her either way. (The only reason I'd like to keep her as trap is it's SO hard to find a good game with traps. Most other games make them look to much like a girl, I feel River is a good balance between the two. I just hope we have lot's of ... fun scenes with her before.) :sneaky:
Also loved Illusion of Gaia. :cool:
As someone who has a close friend who has been going through their transition over the past few years, I'd like to suggest that maybe you shouldn't view River as a trap. If I called my friend a trap, that would absolutely, 100% be a huge insult to her. A trap is defined as a boy who is very feminine. So, technically (even biologically) speaking, that term is correct. However, mentally River ISN'T a boy. She is 100% uncomfortable in that body and to suggest to her that she's just a boy that's very feminine, and that's ok if she stays like that, would be an insult, since it's NOT ok with her. The issue for River isn't that she wants people to accept her as she is, the issue is that SHE doesn't accept who she is, because it is NOT who she is. I've had talks with my friend where she told me that, for years, she felt trapped. The body she is in isn't hers, it feels wrong, etc...

So whether you would accept River as how she is currently is totally irrelevant, since she's not looking for acceptance, but rather understanding that this is something she needs to do for herself.

Personally, I don't think there should be a trap tag at all on this game, rather it should be a transgender tag or something. River, mentally speaking, isn't a boy who dresses like a girl. River, according to her own mental image of herself, is a girl trapped in the wrong body.

OleJackRipper

Mar 22, 2021
bro. . . .
The game is good.
I don't like lolis but I admit wither and nook are adorable!

I appreciate the warnings for yanederes. But couldn't there have been a trap warning?
I mean sure there is the option to wait until it's no longer gay.
But to some that's still gay but with a tranny who got rid of their dick and got implants

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
bro. . . .
The game is good.
I don't like lolis but I admit wither and nook are adorable!

I appreciate the warnings for yanederes. But couldn't there have been a trap warning?
I mean sure there is the option to wait until it's no longer gay.
But to some that's still gay but with a tranny who got rid of their dick and got implants
And bigots go on the list!

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
In the next iteration of Season 1, there will be 2 more warnings alongside the one for Cecilia. One will be for River, and one will be for Chiara. So you will have the choice on whether or not you spoil yourself on content you may not enjoy. A lot of people don't like Chiara because they take bitchiness personally instead of being able to look past it and wonder how she developed these emotional bad habits. She's more of a character for those who can look past their own ego and realize that the harshness isn't personal, and not everyone can do that. So I've decided to include her in the warning lineup.

I will state that this is not your typical "trap" or "trans" tag, as River undergoing the Rebirth Ceremony will make her fully biologically female, not surgically altered male to female trans. She WILL be female.

Though I will say, the "trap" tag might still apply because of Dwel, a character who is male, identifies as male, and calls himself a femboy. He'll be DLC and will be at most an acquaintance until you download his side story.

And for those who don't like River or Dwel, you're in luck, because there are a whopping 47 other characters for you to romance so please don't get all bent out of shape over one or two characters. You quite literally have a wealth of others to choose from.

Fazed

Nov 21, 2018
because that's what the player wants. In this case, this is what River wants.
Yea, I originally thought this could be a reasonable preference option too, but after asking about it(I DM'd you) and realizing that I was simply looking at it from the wrong perspective, I understood why It wouldn't be an option....

...What a way to actually give us the option but essentially make us the bad guy if we do it. :HideThePain::HideThePain::HideThePain:

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
I Need Your Help! F95zone Small Dev Contest

Hello all!

Apparently there's a contest going on F95zone, one of the sites that lists World's Crossing Academy, and arguably drives even more traffic than Itch.io does. They're taking the 4 devs with the highest vote count on January 1st and finding the dev with the lowest paying Patreon/SubscribeStar supporter count and giving them a boost.

Lots of people are voting for their favorite devs, and commenting in the thread who they voted for with the link to the game. I HIGHLY doubt we win anything, but even just your votes and mentioning World's Crossing Academy in the comments could help get more eyes on it. And THAT is worth its weight in gold. Also, your reviews help a TON! If you love the game, please take some time to write a short review on F95zone or leave a rating on Itch.io. Thanks to Raffael for the tip!

Contest post:

https://f95zone.to/threads/christmas-contest-2023-1200-pool.186579/

Look in the Contest post for how to vote:

1703661152061.png

World's Crossing Academy on Itch.io: and

To review on both of the Itch pages, you just look at the top right of the screen and hit Rate This Game:

1703661161081.png

World's Crossing Academy on F95zone: https://f95zone.to/threads/worlds-crossing-academy-s2-v0-2-2-2-teamemberwings.86666/

To review on F95zone, you can click the stars on the right or click the Reviews tab:

1703661172126.png

As I said, I have no grand illusions about winning. But this will DEFINITELY help put more eyes on the game and get people to try it out. I only wish I could have finished the S1 Rewrite before this came up, but it is what it is.

Thank you all for the love, effort, and support on my behalf. This would be the greatest Christmas present.

-Vic

TigerWolfe

Engaged Member
Oct 19, 2022
(Sigh) well, I've been informed that nobody who isn't donating fucking CRYPTOCURRENCY to F95 is allowed to vote. Way to go, scumbags.

I'll settle for the reviews and the comment mentions then, I suppose lol. Thank you to anyone who has gone that far.
Why am I not surprised they're also cryptobros.

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
WorldsCrossingAcademy-S2v0.2.2.2.2
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

Woodstock_1983

Sep 16, 2020
i wish this game had a translator. i would like to know what each character is trying to say. google translate doesn't really help. Screenshot 2023-12-29 095912.png

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
i wish this game had a translator. i would like to know what each character is trying to say. google translate doesn't really help. View attachment 3215122
Luni ia nazra
"Don't mourn the moon"

I wrote this language. It's the Dryad language from my book series, The Riftkey Chronicles. I have the Dryad Dictionary posted in my Discord for supporters, but I'd be happy to translate for ya. I've been known to DM the dictionary to people here and there as well, so hit me up if you wanna try it out yourself.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Any full saves or gallery unlock for this one?
Not really. This game is a lot more about the story than the sexual content, especially since the game relies on the emotional connection you develop with the character to make the h-scenes that much more exciting. That and the gallery in Season 1 was so problematic that I decided not to do one for Season 2, at least not yet because it was such a pain in the ass. Once Season 1 is rewritten and I've combined both games into one single game, I'll take another look at the gallery and consider a Quick Unlock option or something. I really think it defeats the purpose of a story-centric game, but to each their own.

Digteren

Nov 1, 2020
Not really. This game is a lot more about the story than the sexual content, especially since the game relies on the emotional connection you develop with the character to make the h-scenes that much more exciting. That and the gallery in Season 1 was so problematic that I decided not to do one for Season 2, at least not yet because it was such a pain in the ass. Once Season 1 is rewritten and I've combined both games into one single game, I'll take another look at the gallery and consider a Quick Unlock option or something. I really think it defeats the purpose of a story-centric game, but to each their own.
The slow burn is one of the reasons I enjoy WCA so much

Woodstock_1983

Sep 16, 2020
Luni ia nazra
"Don't mourn the moon"

I wrote this language. It's the Dryad language from my book series, The Riftkey Chronicles. I have the Dryad Dictionary posted in my Discord for supporters, but I'd be happy to translate for ya. I've been known to DM the dictionary to people here and there as well, so hit me up if you wanna try it out yourself.
You ever thought of implementing a translation into the game? Like after you say something in dryad, in ()'s put into English what it means.

4.50 star(s) 32 Votes