snow123789456

Jun 2, 2020
[PROGRESS REPORT] Not Me, Just Casually Writing Half an Episode in One Week

You know, typically I take a little bit of a breather because getting a build ready for the release pipeline is super stressful. But this time it wasn't. Might be because I'm doing a lot less by the seat of my pants these days, with a ton more planning. Not to mention brainstorming with Necromedes, which is making things a TON easier.

So I ended up writing over half of the next episode before this last build made it to Tier 4 supporters. And it's not stressful, more like I have momentum and I'm in the groove. We have the characters picked out for side story development (2 Core and 1 DLC), and we're currently in planning phase for each to have 3 scenes added.

View attachment 3468011

Which means, if I have my way, I'll have finished writing and shooting the entire Season 2 Episode 3 before the public even has access to the end of Season 2 Episode 2. And if everything works out the way I want it to, that means when the newest build releases to the public, I'll already have ANOTHER one in the pipeline for Supporters.

Monthly updates. That means monthly updates. From 3 updates a year to 12.

It's been a long time since the game and its creation has been in this good of a state, and it feels GOOD. The one thing I COULD use is another poser, someone to pose models and shoot scenes here and there for me, who has knowledge of HS2/Ai Shoujo and StudioNEO. That's the only thing that could help speed things up even more.

Honestly, I'm super excited. If I can even get updates to every other month, for 6 updates a year, I'll be happy. But the fact that this is going so EASILY makes me hope for monthly updates. We've had quite a few people signing up to the SubscribeStar lately, and a couple hopping onto the Patreon, so I've been able to ease back my work schedule a little and work on the game more. Plus, I cleared it with my boss to take my laptop with me on my Sunday shift, which is where I got 75% of the aforementioned work done.

Things are looking up for WCA.

View attachment 3468012

So here's the plan for the next few months. Yes, the Season 1 Rewrite is a big priority, but the story in Season 2 is reaching a point where I may have to let my foot off the gas on that rewrite just for a bit. 0.2.3.0 is currently in the release pipeline and is available for T4 Supporters. The next release should be 0.2.4.0, which will contain an ENTIRE episode of Main Story content, Episode 3. Because of where Episode 3 ends, the update after that should be 0.2.5.0, which will contain the full Episode 4 of Main Story content. That's right, 2 Main Story updates in a row. Typically I would do a Side Story update in between these two, but because of what's going on in the story, that may not be possible. But after we get through Episodes 3 and 4 and start getting into Episode 5 and have a big event there, we should get back to Side Stories.

Thank you all for your patience, feedback, and love. You make this game possible.

-Vic
Thank you for the update. I think a lot of people have asked you, but do you have any estimate time for season 1 rewrite to be completed?

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Thank you for the update. I think a lot of people have asked you, but do you have any estimate time for season 1 rewrite to be completed?
Hmm... I could try to put a number to that question, but I fear people will take that as a promise. There are a couple of things that need to be done code-wise that I don't know how to do, and I'm not sure how long it's gonna take me to figure out the answer.

I know this is a shitty answer, but it'll absolutely be done before the year's end. Personally, I hope to have it done by June, which is WCA's 3 year anniversary. Then I can really focus on trying to advertise the game and get it in front of new players. But I don't know what kinds of complications I'm gonna face during the process. I hope that makes sense.

So... Hoping for June, no later than December. That's my best estimate. I'll be able to narrow it down a lot more after I've crested the obstacles I'm facing.

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
[SIGNUP REWARD] Accelerated Release Schedule!

Hi, all!

The SubscribeStar and Patreon have seen quite a few signups and tier upgrades during this release cycle, so as a reward to the community, I'm accelerating the release schedule!

1711857067873.png

Previous Schedule:

• CURRENT - T3 Supporters, $10
  • 4/3/24 - T2 Supporters, $5
  • 4/7/24 - T1 Supporters, $2
  • 4/10/24 - PUBLIC RELEASE - FREE at
Accelerated Schedule:

• TODAY! - T2 Supporters, $5
  • 4/3/24 - T1 Supporters, $2
  • 4/7/24 - PUBLIC RELEASE - FREE at
Thank you to those who have been signing up on the support sites! I think in the future I'll set a signup/upgrade goal for accelerated schedules like this - the more people sign up, the earlier everyone gets access. That way even those who can't sign up can still benefit from the actions of the community!

Love you all, and enjoy!

- Vic

Apr 29, 2021
[SIGNUP REWARD] Accelerated Release Schedule!

Hi, all!

The SubscribeStar and Patreon have seen quite a few signups and tier upgrades during this release cycle, so as a reward to the community, I'm accelerating the release schedule!

View attachment 3494202

Previous Schedule:

• CURRENT - T3 Supporters, $10
  • 4/3/24 - T2 Supporters, $5
  • 4/7/24 - T1 Supporters, $2
  • 4/10/24 - PUBLIC RELEASE - FREE at
Accelerated Schedule:

• TODAY! - T2 Supporters, $5
  • 4/3/24 - T1 Supporters, $2
  • 4/7/24 - PUBLIC RELEASE - FREE at
Thank you to those who have been signing up on the support sites! I think in the future I'll set a signup/upgrade goal for accelerated schedules like this - the more people sign up, the earlier everyone gets access. That way even those who can't sign up can still benefit from the actions of the community!

Love you all, and enjoy!

- Vic
That is a pleasant Easter surprise for such a quality game definitely appreciated!

Reactions: VictorSeven

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
[PUBLIC RELEASE] 0.2.3.14 is Live!

TL;DR: New version public release! THIS BUILD HAS NEW VARIABLES, so until I figure out how to add previously undefined variables to the data of a save file after you load it, YOU WILL NEED TO START A NEW SEASON 2 PLAYTHROUGH OR YOU WILL GET AN ERROR ON THE MAP SCREEN!

Download 0.2.3.14 here:

Now, for those who wanna read what's up:

Thanks to more people signing up on the support sites, we're doing public release a day early! As Bruce Buffer would say... "IiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiIT'S TIME!" This new build finishes Season 2 Episode 2 and introduces a batch of side story scenes each for a few of your favorite girls.

1712421894936.png

Excited to get this update out, and you may notice a fancy ".14" on the end instead of the 0.2.3.0 that the Supporters got. Well, thanks to their feedback, a couple of changes were made.

In 0.2.3.1
  • A couple of typos were corrected
  • Blossom's unlock tag was placed too late to be able to play her second scene, as that scene was only available during Lunchtime. Her unlock tag was moved to the beginning of S2E2 so that way both of her scenes can be played
  • Debug Menu was accidentally left on, and it's now turned off
  • New Season 1 Playthrough was accidentally left on, and it's now turned off
In 0.2.3.13
  • Bugfix to Blossom's B scene
  • Bugfix to the secret character still being selectable after her A scene
In 0.2.3.14
  • Bugfix to the nighttime map not showing up

1712421911409.png

A MASSIVE thank-you to everyone who has been signing up to the support sites, as well. Makes a huge difference. For those who want to support and help us get updates out even faster, the links are here:

(Preferred)

If you know of any other support services you'd like to see us add to this list, let us know! Been considering Ko-fi and a couple of others. There's one with a Japanese name that's meant specifically for AVNs I think, but I can't find it again for the life of me. If anyone knows it, lemme know!

Also, feel free to hop into the to chat with me and the community directly, as I have that on my phone and typically respond a lot more often than on here. Bug reports and requests get handled a LOT quicker on Discord. There are also lots of previews and animation tests I share here and there, and a nice and spicy art section!

Anyways, enjoy the new build! While you're on this, we're hard at work on S2E3!

-Vic

Last edited:

Lerd0

Conversation Conqueror
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
[PUBLIC RELEASE] 0.2.3.1 is Live!

TL;DR: New version public release! THIS BUILD HAS NEW VARIABLES, so until I figure out how to add previously undefined variables to the data of a save file after you load it, YOU WILL NEED TO START A NEW SEASON 2 PLAYTHROUGH OR YOU WILL GET AN ERROR ON THE MAP SCREEN!

Download 0.2.3.1 here:

Now, for those who wanna read what's up:

Thanks to more people signing up on the support sites, we're doing public release a day early! As Bruce Buffer would say... "IiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiIT'S TIME!" This new build finishes Season 2 Episode 2 and introduces a batch of side story scenes each for a few of your favorite girls.

View attachment 3516480

Excited to get this update out, and you may notice a fancy ".1" on the end instead of the 0.2.3.0 that the Supporters got. Well, thanks to their feedback, a couple of changes were made.

• A couple of typos were corrected
  • Blossom's unlock tag was placed too late to be able to play her second scene, as that scene was only available during Lunchtime. Her unlock tag was moved to the beginning of S2E2 so that way both of her scenes can be played
  • Debug Menu was accidentally left on, and it's now turned off
  • New Season 1 Playthrough was accidentally left on, and it's now turned off
View attachment 3516481

A MASSIVE thank-you to everyone who has been signing up to the support sites, as well. Makes a huge difference. For those who want to support and help us get updates out even faster, the links are here:

(Preferred)

If you know of any other support services you'd like to see us add to this list, let us know! Been considering Ko-fi and a couple of others. There's one with a Japanese name that's meant specifically for AVNs I think, but I can't find it again for the life of me. If anyone knows it, lemme know!

Also, feel free to hop into the to chat with me and the community directly, as I have that on my phone and typically respond a lot more often than on here. Bug reports and requests get handled a LOT quicker on Discord. There are also lots of previews and animation tests I share here and there, and a nice and spicy art section!

Anyways, enjoy the new build! While you're on this, we're hard at work on S2E3!

-Vic
jumping-yay (1).gif

yilkin

dl.rpdl.net
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
WorldsCrossingAcademy-S2v0.2.3.1
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.
Want to join the team? Read more here!

Cai7

Oct 5, 2021
Also getting an error on Blossom quest with getting honey. Ignoring errors moves the story, text shows, but no pictures. Another thing - there's not enough game time to complete 2nd secret character side-quest. Time advances only with main story (unless I'm missing the option somewhere?) and even with fresh start there's enough plot only to complete only her 1st side quest. After that game stops at night period, can't move to lunch and trigger her 2nd quest.

Reactions: Tasslehoph

Repuci

May 1, 2017
For anyone interested, I found the errors after a few tries.

Just need to put this file in "game/quest files/Blossom", it should show the images fine

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
World's Crossing Academy [S2 v0.2.3.1] [TeamEmberWings]

COMPRESSED:

Win/Linux:
- - -

Mac:
- - -

sk1122

Aug 13, 2020
Not sure if this is intentional or a bug:
The second book-event for the secret goblin-goyle? char shows up active, but you can't access it since its for lunchtime only and the main-quest stops at night right now.

Additionally, I got this error during one swap to the book/map. The game simply moved on despite it, but might be related?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
The Blossom B error was my bad. I copy paste batches of reference lines and then replace the names to make creation of reference blocks easier, and forgot to change the folder name from Jade to Blossom. Repuci's fix will work. I'll have new builds out soon to integrate the fix.

As for the secret character, I figured out why she's showing as available after her A scene. I have her marked with the ! image indicating there's a new girl, and there's no code to greyscale out the ! image when a girl's "maxquest" variable equals her "quest" variable. There is no B scene as of yet. It will be included in the next build. I've updated her file to swap her to her facial icon instead of the ! image at the end of her A scene, which plays nicely with the greyscale code.

Pushing these fixes now. Thank you all for letting me know.

Exodus19

Oct 2, 2019
Sorry if this has already been brought up but I can not access the book with the girls at all on the map section. I just get this:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/quest files/S2E2/S2E2.rpy", line 692, in script call
    call worldmap from _call_worldmap
  File "game/affection_map_screen.rpy", line 139, in script
    $ renpy.pause()
  File "game/affection_map_screen.rpy", line 139, in <module>
    $ renpy.pause()
  File "game/character_book.rpy", line 27, in execute
    screen character_book():
    screen character_book():
  File "game/character_book.rpy", line 54, in execute
    vbox:
  File "game/character_book.rpy", line 64, in execute
    hbox:
  File "game/character_book.rpy", line 149, in execute
    if lydia_met == 3:
  File "game/character_book.rpy", line 149, in <module>
    if lydia_met == 3:
NameError: name 'lydia_met' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    $ renpy.pause()
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1131, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
    $ renpy.pause()
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1537, in pause
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='pause', type='pause', roll_forward=roll_forward, pause=delay, pause_modal=modal)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3377, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3810, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 582, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 451, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3810, in <lambda>
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 462, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 653, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
    screen character_book():
    screen character_book():
    vbox:
    hbox:
    if lydia_met == 3:
    if lydia_met == 3:

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.3.22090809
Worlds Crossing Academy Season 2 0.2.3.1
Sat Apr  6 18:52:55 2024

Reactions: fekk you

VictorSeven

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2019
Sorry if this has already been brought up but I can not access the book with the girls at all on the map section. I just get this:
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    $ renpy.pause()
    $ renpy.pause()
    screen character_book():
    screen character_book():
    vbox:
    hbox:
    if lydia_met == 3:
    if lydia_met == 3:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    $ renpy.pause()
  File "renpy/ast.py", line 1131, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "renpy/python.py", line 1061, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
    $ renpy.pause()
  File "renpy/exports.py", line 1537, in pause
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='pause', type='pause', roll_forward=roll_forward, pause=delay, pause_modal=modal)
  File "renpy/ui.py", line 299, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3377, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3810, in interact_core
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 451, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "renpy/display/core.py", line 3810, in <lambda>
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 462, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "renpy/display/screen.py", line 653, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
    screen character_book():
    screen character_book():
    vbox:
    hbox:
    if lydia_met == 3:
    if lydia_met == 3:

Windows-10-10.0.19041 AMD64
Ren'Py 7.5.3.22090809
Worlds Crossing Academy Season 2 0.2.3.1
Sat Apr  6 18:52:55 2024
At the top of my post, I said this:
1712444228495.png
Start a new Season 2 Playthrough like I said, and the new variables will be defined.

Reactions: Exodus19
4.50 star(s) 32 Votes