asianboi

Jul 15, 2018
So from dev discord he said "Looking back, there probably would have been things I could have done to make the interaction with the MC and Cyborg MC more interesting. Already added the two sex scenes in v0.2.17, but I wanted the Cyborg to be very analytic and focused at the beginning before he got the memories and emotions from the human mc"

Mibera

Dec 6, 2023
So from dev discord he said "Looking back, there probably would have been things I could have done to make the interaction with the MC and Cyborg MC more interesting. Already added the two sex scenes in v0.2.17, but I wanted the Cyborg to be very analytic and focused at the beginning before he got the memories and emotions from the human mc"
thats all cool and stuff, but even if the cyborg has our memories and emotions he's still a separat entity from the MC a.k.a. not the MC. So why do I care about anything he does again?

e6mill

Aug 4, 2022
he's still a separat entity from the MC a.k.a. not the MC. So why do I care about anything he does again?
Because your assumption in the first half there is going to be wrong soon. They've already taken steps toward becoming one mind in 2 bodies.

linkinn

Apr 25, 2020
Because your assumption in the first half there is going to be wrong soon. They've already taken steps toward becoming one mind in 2 bodies.
So is he going to divide the screen into 2 and we play both at the same time or slow down the story even more (if that's possible) by "stopping time" while we play one or the other? If not, they are still separate entities by our point of view.

asianboi

Jul 15, 2018
Someone said in discord that its felt like mc is competing against the cyborg, and dev said "
Yeah, that's basically what you do, until they sync.
But that's basically what happens in all scifi or magic stories out there where you meet yourself from another time or parallel world. (At least when it's not one of the stories where it causes the reality to implode if you do.) The surprise/shock/suspicion of meeting someone who looks like you. The disbelieve and the worries that they might be an evil clone to take over your life, but at the same time you feel this undeniable bond you share even though you don't know each other.
I actually could have made the mc even more suspicious and dismissive. Maybe that would have given it the necessary something to make this part of the story more interesting or it might have just stretched it our further."

depp123

Jul 10, 2021
Someone said in discord that its felt like mc is competing against the cyborg, and dev said "
But that's basically what happens in all scifi or magic stories out there where you meet yourself from another time or parallel world. (At least when it's not one of the stories where it causes the reality to implode if you do.) The surprise/shock/suspicion of meeting someone who looks like you. The disbelieve and the worries that they might be an evil clone to take over your life, but at the same time you feel this undeniable bond you share even though you don't know each other.
I actually could have made the mc even more suspicious and dismissive. Maybe that would have given it the necessary something to make this part of the story more interesting or it might have just stretched it our further."
If he is my competitor I just want to bash his head in tho. Especially after he sees 2 of actual MCs girls naked already...Well, one is optional at least, although thinking about it that kinda makes it worse, because that means spying on MCs "sister" is a conscious decision that tin can made.
Like I said in a previous post - this whole cyborg thing makes me really worried about "tEcHnIcAlLy NoT nTr" stuff.

Mibera

Dec 6, 2023
made me remember a movie from last year or the year before, you could clone yourself to help your family if you were terminally ill, but if you why ever don't die you and your clone need to fight to the death for the legal right to stay alive, something like that should happen here. it could save the game.

Edit: Dev practically told in this quote, that he wants to tease/use NTR to get an reaction,
1) what the hell is wrong with him?
2) i see no way that could ever backfire massively /s

Last edited:

Claet

Oct 9, 2021
The game was already meh, but this cyborg stuff is just wrong. I tried to skip it thinking it's a phase, but it goes on forever so I'm out.

I liked it at first and I was expecting to see better development with the family and new girls, especially those about magic. It doesn't, it goes from meh to stupid and ends up full-on retarded about every aspect possible.

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
Can tell it's gonna get super annoying in the later stages of the game with that "pick an MC" screen where it said the Cyborg was (WIP). From the looks of it there's gonna be a ton of people always picking the human MC, so whenever there's an update that only adds the Cyborg route people are completely skip the game for months at a time.

I feel the concept would have been better if it was 1 consciousness right from the get go and it was 2 different worlds entirely and that's how the MC interacted with each of them, until the story climax was some kinda merger of bodies of Magic and Tech to create Technomancy. Or some shit. Borg MC was added way too late after such a heavy dose of magic and LIs and magic school stuff. Just find it hard to get invested in it when you're, like someone else said, competing with another MC.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
How do we get It's Danny to realise that this game needs a new remake. Or the player base will disappear like a fart into the Sahara because of that cyborg bastard.
You can't make him realise that, because strictly speaking it's not the cyborg the issue, but the fact that he's trying to simultaneously tell two radically different stories. Stories that, to be coherent, need the MC to have two different backstories and to be simultaneously two different persons.
The worse being that he will probably never see that it's what he's doing, because he make both story advance independently. After all, the dichotomy is already relatively obvious, and he haven't noticed it yet...

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
I don't think tech stuff goes well in a magic/demons/fantasy world. My brain just can't compute it.
Try Arcanum and/or Shadowrun (both RPG games) both have interesting takes on how Magic and Tech are opposed on some way.

For example, in Arcanum, magical beings fuck with the laws of physics, so technological inventions that work on said laws start acting up in the presence of them, to the point that the more magical you are, you have to ride at the back of the steam train or the train would blow up.

Anyways, my point is that there are interesting things you can do (that are not in the game yet)

Mibera

Dec 6, 2023
Try Arcanum and/or Shadowrun (both RPG games) both have interesting takes on how Magic and Tech are opposed on some way.

For example, in Arcanum, magical beings fuck with the laws of physics, so technological inventions that work on said laws start acting up in the presence of them, to the point that the more magical you are, you have to ride at the back of the steam train or the train would blow up.

Anyways, my point is that there are interesting things you can do (that are not in the game yet)
yeah that are both bangers and its pretty sad that those IPs don't get more love

there are far better ways to have both parts of the story connected through the MC, if he would use portals or change dimensions every time he falls asleep e wouldnt even have this discussion, maybe we would talk about pacing thats a bit off but we wouldnt have page after page complaining (rightfully) about an adversarial actor.

We humans are programmed to view characters as individuals and not a part of a larger whole, so the cyborg story ark was going to fall flat on its face before it started.

Niuul

Jun 25, 2022
Shadowrun

I always enjoyed their take on Cyberware vs Essence. More chrome meant you slowly cut off your connection to magic.

There was so many ways to cohabitate the 2 concepts in this game and all we got for many many updates was "technology advanced. magic users upset." and that was only mentioned in the first 20 or so renders, then never mentioned again.

Reactions: MisterNephilim

Shyguy1369

Dec 14, 2018
Just on the topic of magic and tech, one of my early favs was Final Fantasy VI (formerly known as Final Fantasy III in North America). Magitek was even what it was called :)

3.70 star(s) 29 Votes