Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019
While I find this story very interesting I feel the problem is the Dev is trying to tell two different complex stories at the same time within this game, on one side, the magic society & other dimensions, on the other the high-tech society and the aliens. It feels like the Dev should have made two separate games each telling one of those two stories, focusing on the narrative of one at a time, rather than two.

I believe that trying to run those two stories within the same game just slow down the already fairly slow development of the game, it has been years at this point and the MC hasn't entered magic school yet and is nowhere near figuring out the mystery of his family and what happened to them.

With the separate sci-fi narrative it bogged down what was already a very slow development and its another game that might either take over half a dozen years to make or never will be completed because the Dev will have ran out of juice and will just drop it, like so many other devs have with their own games.

So yea interesting stories but the I have little faith I'll live to see it being completed, or the Dev won't live to see it being completed, either way its a shame such good potential narratives are likely to be lost to the void because the Dev went with a far too complicated and slow moving approach.

RodrigoOSan

Apr 16, 2020
While I find this story very interesting I feel the problem is the Dev is trying to tell two different complex stories at the same time within this game, on one side, the magic society & other dimensions, on the other the high-tech society and the aliens. It feels like the Dev should have made two separate games each telling one of those two stories, focusing on the narrative of one at a time, rather than two.

I believe that trying to run those two stories within the same game just slow down the already fairly slow development of the game, it has been years at this point and the MC hasn't entered magic school yet and is nowhere near figuring out the mystery of his family and what happened to them.

With the separate sci-fi narrative it bogged down what was already a very slow development and its another game that might either take over half a dozen years to make or never will be completed because the Dev will have ran out of juice and will just drop it, like so many other devs have with their own games.

So yea interesting stories but the I have little faith I'll live to see it being completed, or the Dev won't live to see it being completed, either way its a shame such good potential narratives are likely to be lost to the void because the Dev went with a far too complicated and slow moving approach.
I think what the dev wants is to merge both paths in the future, just like in Sonic Adventure 2 where you had the Hero and the Villain route and then there's another route when you finished both.
It's not that unusual to have a multiple routes selection in Visual Novels, i think is better than when you have an mixed route (just like most of the games here are) because keep the story more organized.

Reactions: NoNameAAA

RodrigoOSan

Apr 16, 2020
The introduction of a secondary POV in a game where the gameplay is player choices and immersion is a "quit moment", at least for me it was. The cyborg is his own character not an extension of the player and we are forced into his POV, not only that but in the in game "past", the illusion of choice is broken because we already witness the "end result". No choice feels meaningfull because they have already been made. Not helping is the nature of the release of the game, bit by bit which mean that the involved time for the player with the game is way more than the play time which make the transition more difficult.
I'm not saying that the story is bad or that it cannot work in a game but in this type of medium it makes things difficults.
The cyborg is a extension of the player, at the same time he is another character. It's a route selection type of game.

Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019
I think what the dev wants is to merge both paths in the future, just like in Sonic Adventure 2 where you had the Hero and the Villain route and then there's another route when you finished both.
It's not that unusual to have a multiple routes selection in Visual Novels, i think is better than when you have an mixed route (just like most of the games here are) because keep the story more organized.
Having different routes in a VN is typical, but here its like you have different stories altogether, that is the issue, having options on partners and events is a thing, but here you have two separate narratives that you are forced to deal with which goes in two seemingly very different directions.

Look its like this, imagine you are leaving your home and heading to a store, you have different routes you can take to reach said store or different stores around your town you can go to, that is the typical pattern of a VN, what we have here instead is, I am heading on a vacation, so I am going to go visit Ireland and Japan, its a serious bloody detour to undertake from one another and its going to require a god awful amount of flying to get to those two countries.

RodrigoOSan

Apr 16, 2020
Having different routes in a VN is typical, but here its like you have different stories altogether, that is the issue, having options on partners and events is a thing, but here you have two separate narratives that you are forced to deal with which goes in two seemingly very different directions.

Look its like this, imagine you are leaving your home and heading to a store, you have different routes you can take to reach said store or different stores around your town you can go to, that is the typical pattern of a VN, what we have here instead is, I am heading on a vacation, so I am going to go visit Ireland and Japan, its a serious bloody detour to undertake from one another and its going to require a god awful amount of flying to get to those two countries.
Yes, that's the route selection meaning, you have two completely different stories that happens at the same time. There's a game that i love, it's called "Shining Song Starnova" where after you pass throught the prologue, you can choose 6 different routes, everyone with different story, and when you finished all then, opens another one to the final girl.
There's other here in the F95 called "How I Became the Body Guard of the Saintess" that has the same type of route selection where each girl is a new route with a new story. It's not that hard to understand and isn't that different of others in the marked.

CV3

Apr 6, 2022
instead they brigade on a poor guy with their usual ultimatums and demands. I fucking despise you
FHVypD6XsAAke6a.jpg
seriously though, I don't think most people are being disrespectful or making demands. This thread exist to gather feedback about the game, people are going to say what they like about it but also what they deslike, it's only natural. Even though it seems the dev no longer answer to anything here I hope he still reads it from time to time.

While how it was implemented with the cyborg is bad, this game had from the start the scifi elements with it.
at least for me Sci fi was never the problem, the fact the cyborg was introduced like a second MC is. Had MC's shadow come to live and started going around fucking random chicks with entire updates dedicated to it I would feel the same.

RodrigoOSan

Apr 16, 2020
at least for me Sci fi was never the problem, the fact the cyborg was introduced like a second MC is. Had MC's shadow come to live and started going around fucking random chicks with entire updates dedicated to it I would feel the same.
Look to the other side of the coin, at least he wasn't fucking the MC girls :KEK:

AgnorWolf

Sep 20, 2020
It's not Yet, it's a different route. CyborgMC will have his journey to Acardia and Nova Atmos (with new girls and characters) while the MC will have his normal magic life again.
Most Devs struggle to get one game out, nevermind two different games in the same game. The Dev is clearly being over ambitious with this. With the current rate of updates I just don't see people being satisfied. I don't think it's a talent issue it's just a resources and time issue. Vns are hard to make with singular stories. Personally no matter how much I liked a game I couldn't justify supporting a dev who's work I only like 50% of. This is gonna be a though sell for a lot of people and I wish the Dev luck, they are going to need it.

Echoesinthedarkness

May 18, 2020
Man this cyborg stuff just seems like a tedious rehash. Two major updates of nothingness.
I'll try it again once the cyborg stuff is done with. Literally could not care less about this robot. Such a waste of time. :rolleyes:
Seriously, dude. Nobody fucking cares about the home life or the god damn robot.
started off with magic and demons and now its full retard(cyborg). So dissapointing, never go full retard.
original story has been completely abandoned for some space opera gibberish
Can we just stick them in the trash compactor or something already?
adding the MC robot was the dumbest thing he could’ve done
for me, it's going to the trash bin in favor of something else that has been in my unplayed folder for a long time.
hopefully I did quotes right. I dont want to get too deep into debate here because again, lots of those people arent even worth to be looked at, which is probably why dev left this thread for good. but yeah I hope you'll see that these guys arent being respectful or understanding, they are just trying to overwhelm the dev with negative connotations.
View attachment 3286004
seriously though, I don't think most people are being disrespectful or making demands. This thread exist to gather feedback about the game, people are going to say what they like about it but also what they deslike, it's only natural. Even though it seems the dev no longer answer to anything here I hope he still reads it from time to time.

EpicMax

Aug 25, 2023
Worlds of Wonders [v0.2.18] Android Port

Android: 1.14GB

Download:
Pixeldrain:
HexUpload:

Raksha17

Jan 23, 2018
I personally think the concept of "Magic VS Technology" is an interesting one. But the way it seems to be implemented is that we have one MC per side instead of THE MC being part of both worlds and being caught in the middle. As of now this feels like two storys intersecting sometime instead of one larger story.

Which I guess was (always?) planned as " (Multiple/Female Protagonists) " is in the planned content. A lot of people seem to think this would'nt be the case as this was a single protagonist story for so many updates. I'm not a fan of multiple protagonists aswell.

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
Danny truly self-sabotaged his own story at this point by adding the MC robot was the dumbest thing he could’ve done by adding it midstory when the game was taking off. Mc robot should have been used in a cyberpunk-style futuristic game
I was actually rather excited to play a VN in a setting that could have resembled Shadowrun (Magic seeps into a Futuristic setting). Like you can make a good story about an MC discovering he has magical powers in a futuristic society and has to learn magic in a crusty ass old town where shit is kind of weird.

The game was chugging along just fine until Cyborg MC made his appearance. It could have been a magical clone and it would have been the same issue, so it's not a setting problem, it's a pace altering issue.

God, I hate multiple protagonist games.

CV3

Apr 6, 2022
hopefully I did quotes right. I dont want to get too deep into debate here because again, lots of those people arent even worth to be looked at, which is probably why dev left this thread for good. but yeah I hope you'll see that these guys arent being respectful or understanding, they are just trying to overwhelm the dev with negative connotations.
I get what you mean. Maybe some of these answers could have been worded better but this is an adult site so (hopefully) there are no children here. I blame much of those harsh words much on how passionate people can get about things they are interested. If I was the dev I certainly would not answer every single one of these posts, but having feedback is certainly important in the creative process. An empty thread would certainly be much more concerning and even disheartening if I'm being honest. That said dev should stick with their vision and write what they feel like writing, support will come from those who like what they had done.

Reactions: Echoesinthedarkness

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
Discussion and Criticism?!?! IN A (semi) PUBLIC FORUM?

Unacceptable! People should just post "THX" and move along!

Anyways, always remember:

076.png

3.80 star(s) 30 Votes