May 24, 2020
As far as popularity contests go I ran some polls for favorite girl from Day 5. (I forgot to do one for Day 6)
The results after three polls of removing the top 5 are:
1. Jamie
2. Harper
3. Shauna
4. Zoe
5. Bailey
6. Azel
7. Penelope
8. Natalie
9. Stacy
10. Rainn
11. Elizabeth
12. Willow
13. Emiko
14. Kimmy
15. Wendy

Although obv that information is outdated at this point. I'm gonna run another set of three polls when day 7 is done and it'll be interesting to see how different the rankings are. :giggle:
And Jamie replied, "You see, it takes all the running you can do, to keep in the same place.."

Englen

Mar 17, 2019
As far as popularity contests go I ran some polls for favorite girl from Day 5. (I forgot to do one for Day 6)
The results after three polls of removing the top 5 are:
1. Jamie
2. Harper
3. Shauna
4. Zoe
5. Bailey
6. Azel
7. Penelope
8. Natalie
9. Stacy
10. Rainn
11. Elizabeth
12. Willow
13. Emiko
14. Kimmy
15. Wendy

Although obv that information is outdated at this point. I'm gonna run another set of three polls when day 7 is done and it'll be interesting to see how different the rankings are. :giggle:
Looking forward to to the poll, its definitely gonna be interesting to see how the rankings turns out this time around with the new characters introduced and how some of the events of day 7 might shift some of the fan favorites around.

On a side note i hope you're doing well and not working yourself to hard during this crunch time :)

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
ok what day was it Jasmine quit the cheerteam .. and Nat takes her spot
Pretty sure Day 4 she quits the team, day 5 at the party Zoe recruits Natalie, then day 6 you find out Natalie is on the cheer team. I might be off on the Jasmine part though.

Reactions: ImperialD

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
I'm in this camp too I basically only post in here, WTHI and Radiant.
Ok I know Radiant (Other than WVM and My new Family this is the one I am looking forward to the update the most well 3rd most) and enjoyed that one but what is WTHI? I love a good game that can tug at your emotional strings like WVM and Radiant, but also like to try out new ones based on others recommendations.

hcguy

Aug 29, 2019
Maybe at some schools. I can only say this: I played hockey at a Top #10 (at the time) college in the US. I can’t speak for everyone on the team — I was about average on our team; not one of the stars — but I got no such treatment. And our school put a lot of resources into hockey.

Could be a football/baseball/basketball thing, though. Because I know it does happen. Just not everywhere, is my point.
I was not saying that the "get a house, get a car" treatment was the accurate portrayal (although I am sure it happens, illegal or not). I was saying this ("Not sure, maybe I'm missing something, but it feels like the MC is taking all this risk and (should be at least) is putting in all this effort to making the basket-ball team great again, only to have a small reward while he does it, so that he can gain a reward after he's done playing there.") was the accurate portrayal.

Hammerhiem

May 7, 2020
Ok I know Radiant (Other than WVM and My new Family this is the one I am looking forward to the update the most well 3rd most) and enjoyed that one but what is WTHI? I love a good game that can tug at your emotional strings like WVM and Radiant, but also like to try out new ones based on others recommendations.
Where the Heart is.

Definitely a top tier game, writing is good, the renders are getting better by the episode and it has real depth, there's plenty of internal conflict but at it's heart it's a corruption story.

There isn't really going to be an option for a Harem but there currently no real consequences bar one. I say Currently because I suspect in the next couple of episodes it's going to blow up in you face if you try and keep on the fuck everyone path.

Highlights are Katie (Athletic) Jenna (Curvy, innocent > voyeur corruption) Lily and Debbie Love triangle and Screwing over the early season protagonist literally and figuratively.

Reactions: Uncle Loco

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
I was not saying that the "get a house, get a car" treatment was the accurate portrayal (although I am sure it happens, illegal or not). I was saying this ("Not sure, maybe I'm missing something, but it feels like the MC is taking all this risk and (should be at least) is putting in all this effort to making the basket-ball team great again, only to have a small reward while he does it, so that he can gain a reward after he's done playing there.") was the accurate portrayal.
To be honest I think he has to take those risks to make the team good. If they are not good he is not going to have a chance to shine and be a high draft pick. We hear stories all the time about college players during or after their time in college get caught or admit to taking money houses or other things. It seems like the colleges take advantage of these players, sure you can say a free education is a reward but most of the highly skilled players in any sport only play a season or 2 before they go to the draft. I can't say I am an expert on this, but I feel BD is doing a good job with it, considering the MC is supposed to be one of the top recruits in the country. Going to a smaller school would have to mean huge things for that school and probably a lot more money from boosters, and getting them on the map for other talent in the future as well is big for them. So giving into some of his requests makes sense. Even giving him the home and car to use while he is there made sense to a point. We also need to keep in mind that this is a game and not 100% accurate in real life terms so I am cool with BD stretching things a little to get his point across and build things up for the story. It all works for me and I can see it happening in real life too.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
To be honest I think he has to take those risks to make the team good. If they are not good he is not going to have a chance to shine and be a high draft pick. We hear stories all the time about college players during or after their time in college get caught or admit to taking money houses or other things. It seems like the colleges take advantage of these players, sure you can say a free education is a reward but most of the highly skilled players in any sport only play a season or 2 before they go to the draft. I can't say I am an expert on this, but I feel BD is doing a good job with it, considering the MC is supposed to be one of the top recruits in the country. Going to a smaller school would have to mean huge things for that school and probably a lot more money from boosters, and getting them on the map for other talent in the future as well is big for them. So giving into some of his requests makes sense. Even giving him the home and car to use while he is there made sense to a point. We also need to keep in mind that this is a game and not 100% accurate in real life terms so I am cool with BD stretching things a little to get his point across and build things up for the story. It all works for me and I can see it happening in real life too.
doesn't Damien mention that to MC on day 1

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Where the Heart is.

Definitely a top tier game, writing is good, the renders are getting better by the episode and it has real depth, there's plenty of internal conflict but at it's heart it's a corruption story.

There isn't really going to be an option for a Harem but there currently no real consequences bar one. I say Currently because I suspect in the next couple of episodes it's going to blow up in you face if you try and keep on the fuck everyone path.

Highlights are Katie (Athletic) Jenna (Curvy, innocent > voyeur corruption) Lily and Debbie Love triangle and Screwing over the early season protagonist literally and figuratively.
Thanks I will have to check this one out now.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Regarding the legality of him being 'given' the houses and such, would it make a difference that he isn't actually being given them, just granted use of them for the year?

Reactions: csmk14

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
Regarding the legality of him being 'given' the houses and such, would it make a difference that he isn't actually being given them, just granted use of them for the year?
the only problem i see with that is .. well like it talks about in game .. if you ever fall out of favor .. you would get booted out of those houses for someone newer or better .. major reason i agree with Rachael when she talks to you about them ;)

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
You make a great point here. From an over all legal standpointI would think put him in the clear now that you mention it. NCAA might not like it but if they aren't strictly speaking "gifts" not sure they could do much about it either.

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
the only problem i see with that is .. well like it talks about in game .. if you ever fall out of favor .. you would get booted out of those houses for someone newer or better .. major reason i agree with Rachael when she talks to you about them ;)
That has absolutely nothing to do with MoP's point tho. Point of fact if the house was in charles name as property owner then he could kick out whoever he lets live there for any reason he wants and it would be perfectly legal....Absolutely a dick move but legal.

• Angry
3.70 star(s) 641 Votes