KinkierThanThou

Apr 19, 2020
I reserve judgement on Damien until I see the aftermath of the Bowling Room Blitz. Personally I think a lot of people made boneheaded decisions in that event and Damien isn't even the worst offender. But that's for a later post.

I would like to address the adopted/blood-related elephant(s) in the room though. I've mostly stayed out of the whole incest discussion before (mostly) and frankly, if incest's your thing, just go play Midlife Crisis or My New Family and have your fill.

I do however, believe that any medium should be judged on its own merits. Whether it's a book, or a movie or a game like this. Even when it has countless years of source material,or supplemental tie-ins, any medium should be judged by its own self-contained story.

Example 1: The Sly Stallone vehicle "Judge Dredd" was simply a very bad, cheesy movie. The Karl Urban-led "Dredd" is an underrated masterpiece. Do either live up to 40 years of comic-book lore I grew up with and adore? Nope. I just wanted a good adaptation that could stand on its own. And one failed spectacularly and one has grown to become one of my fave dystopian future sci-fi movies.

Example 2: "Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker" was an incoherent mess. It might have made more sense IF I read the tie-in comics, or the pre-cursor novels or watched any of the behind-the-scenes interviews, but as a stand-alone movie, it was an incoherent mess.

This is where I believe that WVM failed.

I honestly get the frustration of many players who would like a chance with Azel or Willow or Wendy. I get that Braindrop explained himself in that interview as for his reasons why. But for casual players who don't go beyond downloading the game and playing it as is, with the multiple teases throughout.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

These teases have been peppered throughout the game, and even after that interview with BD, they have not let up. This latest update alone has a bucketload of them. I think it's doing WVM a disfavour. When you tease people like that and fail to follow through, you'll not only lose players, but they will tell their friends and so on and so on. It's just bad advertising if you ask me. And sure, people can point to the FAQ but that doesn't change the fact that playing the game as is, raises certain expectations without any follow-through.

Which means that, WVM has failed to tell a self-contained story. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh, but it did.

crabsinthekitchen

Apr 28, 2020
since that choice was not made it is not present in the game , can't know for sure what will happen untill is presented in game.
ah, got it. so if someone threatens to shoot you if you don't give them your wallet and walks away after you give it to them, you don't think they'd shot you if you didn't give them your wallet?

• Angry
Reactions: Master of Puppets

KinkierThanThou

Apr 19, 2020
I'm not losing a debate. It's cute that you think that but it's even more telling that you cannot put together a simple conclusion from what the game has already shown us.

If Damien acted out he'd be out of college without the ability to help pay for his mother's needs.
Are you so cold and callous that you wouldn't help out your own flesh and blood ?

The man is being blackmailed, now i'm not sure you get the meaning of the word but it helps if you do. He's not in control of the situations he's in. He has very limited choices all of which revolve around his mother literally living or dying. Do you know how much pressure that puts on a person ?

Unlike the MC who has Rachel as a fixer to help him get out from under the thumb of Ryker, Damien has no one. At least not yet.
Gee if only he knew a celebrity Star Basketball Player and fucking communicated a little. Am I the only one thinking Damien shoulda been in Veronica's Communications class instead of MC?

Reactions: magus448 and BTLD

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
ah, got it. so if someone threatens to shoot you if you don't give them your wallet and walks away after you give it to them, you don't think they'd shot you if you didn't give them your wallet?
you do realize that this is a game right?its not real life , since it has not been showed in game i can;t comment since the writer/developer of the game might make changes that do not make sense to me and you at that point?whats so hard to understand about that ?
I can't comment on future creative process since i have no ideea where the writer will like to go with the story.
Sure on a logical level it might sound fine what you're saying but even then there are other choices to how Damian handled the whole situation.
So again ...laugh as much as you want ...but since i'm guessing you are not a writer in this story you can make 1001 assumptions on what future characters will do ...doesn't necesarily means they will do what you say...

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I'm not losing a debate. It's cute that you think that but it's even more telling that you cannot put together a simple conclusion from what the game has already shown us.

If Damien acted out he'd be out of college without the ability to help pay for his mother's needs.
Are you so cold and callous that you wouldn't help out your own flesh and blood ?

The man is being blackmailed, now i'm not sure you get the meaning of the word but it helps if you do. He's not in control of the situations he's in. He has very limited choices all of which revolve around his mother literally living or dying. Do you know how much pressure that puts on a person ?

Unlike the MC who has Rachel as a fixer to help him get out from under the thumb of Ryker, Damien has no one. At least not yet.
The mc offered to help him. He chose to be a piece of shit backstabber. He smiled and acted like a bro while working against the mc.

Be logical and forgiving all you want but don't expect others to share that sentiment. Everyone has options no matter how bleak things seem.

I bet his mom will be proud of his betrayal and character all in her name.

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
I'm just wondering how he even has the energy to stand after the week he's had especially the 7th day. I feel like if he was fully rested the last confrontation would have went in the mc favor a lot more.
yea if he hadn't just finished railing out a triple stack of insatiable girls he TOTALLY coulda taken on the entire douche patrol

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Gee if only he knew a celebrity Star Basketball Player and fucking communicated a little. Am I the only one thinking Damien shoulda been in Veronica's Communications class instead of MC?
I don't even disagree.
It only cements my position on him making a series of boneheaded choices though.

I also can see this being brought up in the near future now that there's another fixer in Bella who can help right the ship when it comes to WVM's issues. This specifically would fall her purview.

Ramrod1989

Jan 22, 2020
I feel like the mc has shown Damien more compassion than he deserves and he really should have talked to mc instead of time and again throwing him to the wolves. It's very clear that he takes care of his people and most of the mess could have been avoided.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
The mc offered to help him. He chose to be a piece of shit backstabber. He smiled and acted like a bro while working against the mc.

Be logical and forgiving all you want but don't expect others to share that sentiment. Everyone has options no matter how bleak things seem.

I don't expect people to like him or want him redeemed.
I do expect people to have a modicum or rational thought however and not lie through their teeth to fit their perspectives.

The man did what he could given the situation he's in.

Zerek244

Aug 30, 2020

MC did offer to help, sure. Ryker still did pay for her moms healthcare, which MC did not. Cant blame Damien on that. If he takes the first victim of Ryker+assholes to hospiltal/police he can redeem himself.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I don't even disagree.
It only cements my position on him making a series of boneheaded choices though.

I also can see this being brought up in the near future now that there's another fixer in Bella who can help right the ship when it comes to WVM's issues. This specifically would fall her purview.
That is in case we can trust Bella and she is not the one behind all the bad things happening in town and Rykter of course. :p

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
That is in case we can trust Bella and she is not the one behind all the bad things happening in town and Rykter of course. :p
I mean you're fair to suspect her.
I however get the feeling that she's not the problem. The dialogue between Rachel and the MC seems to support this as does her actions with the MC later in the evening.

The beef between her and Rachel seems to be more professional and less personal.

KinkierThanThou

Apr 19, 2020
Like I said, I'm waiting for the aftermath of the Bowling Room Blitz, but man, Damien has a really poor record when it comes to communicating.

-Ghosted his GF during the pool date
-Told his GF "Don't come Home" rather than have a proper break-up talk
-Told MC he'd come clean with GF, instead see above
-Avoids any talk about his personal life, except that time he got caught with Ryker, and only then because Ryker basically forced his hand

The guy is in more need of therapy sessions from Lauren than MC. Think about it.

Zerek244

Aug 30, 2020
Like I said, I'm waiting for the aftermath of the Bowling Room Blitz, but man, Damien has a really poor record when it comes to communicating.

-Ghosted his GF during the pool date
-Told his GF "Don't come Home" rather than have a proper break-up talk
-Told MC he'd come clean with GF, instead see above
-Avoids any talk about his personal life, except that time he got caught with Ryker, and only then because Ryker basically forced his hand

The guy is in more need of therapy sessions from Lauren than MC. Think about it.

Seems Damien is as gay as they get.

He ghosted the pooltime because Ryker ordered him.
He probably had something else going on than Jaz (probably with Ryker again) when he said dont come home.
Could not come clean to Jaz cos he is gay + Ryker.
Doesnt want anyone else to know about him, taking advantage of him. He already opened up to Ryker and look where it got him(?)

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
...and so you went and made the situation so hyberbolic to do what again ?

It's not proving your point. The MC in the game was never filmed having sex. He wasn't filmed fucking a family member either.
So your point was to do what exactly skew the scales of the offense as to be so one sided that people must agree with a severely warped perspective ?

How about sticking to what the game has shown. Which aint that cheif.
i thought we were suppose to use logic here cheif...
Are you actually for real? I'm going to give you a very similar hypothetical scenario (made excessively outlandish so you actually get it).
i'm not sure i read this correctly but he did say (made excessively outlandish so you actually get it). right?mkay

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
MC did offer to help, sure. Ryker still did pay for her moms healthcare, which MC did not. Cant blame Damien on that. If he takes the first victim of Ryker+assholes to hospiltal/police he can redeem himself.
I can blame him. He made a choice that went against the mc and his love ones. I'm happy you can forgive, but I personally don't want someone that caves because things are hard and sell out others.

I don't expect people to like him or want him redeemed.
I do expect people to have a modicum or rational thought however and not lie through their teeth to fit their perspectives.

The man did what he could given the situation he's in.
I don't think I lied through my teeth. I dislike people that use others to get what they want or need and then smile and act like they are my friend or team mate. And I'm petty.

Life is too short to have that kind of person around.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
i thought we were suppose to use logic here cheif...

i'm not sure i read this correctly but he did say (made excessively outlandish so you actually get it). right?mkay
Yeah i am using logic here.
I'm not the one arguing in extremely bad faith.

You were filmed going on dates. Not filmed in the act of sex. There's a big difference here.
Damien even admits as much to you.

Damien never struck attacked you or caused physical harm to anyone in your family. Ryker did.
Damien at worst is guilty by association. If that's what you don't like i've already stated you're well within your reason to not like him. To say that makes him irredeemable is bullshit.

He has factors that are outside of his control currently that have lead him to make a series of bonehead choices.

KinkierThanThou

Apr 19, 2020
Seems Damien is as gay as they get.

He ghosted the pooltime because Ryker ordered him.
He probably had something else going on than Jaz (probably with Ryker again) when he said dont come home.
Could not come clean to Jaz cos he is gay + Ryker.
Doesnt want anyone else to know about him, taking advantage of him. He already opened up to Ryker and look where it got him(?)
If I were in this college and spent 5 minutes with Ryker and 5 minutes with MC, I'd probably have a preeeeettty good inkling those two are nothing alike.

We'll see how it develops. For now I'm just assuming Damien got into WVM on an Idiot Ball scholarship.

• Haha
Reactions: Master of Puppets
3.70 star(s) 642 Votes