Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
I was curious as there were a lot of post regarding a rework. So has Braindrop ever mentioned like a complete rework of the first couple of day. Also seriously hoping for changes in Shauna's storyline as it makes no sense at times
Yes there is a re-work of week 1 planned but no information on a release of that. Based on the previous comments it should include a consistent size of the MC, rework of the Female Shauna story, Natalie's hair the same style, Emiko model the later version and I think a few other minor things. There might be some more details in the FAQ, but I can't remember what I had in there now for it.

Zerek244

Aug 30, 2020
I can blame him. He made a choice that went against the mc and his love ones. I'm happy you can forgive, but I personally don't want someone that caves because things are hard and sell out others.

Really? Ok. I cannot get behind the decision you've made. I do understand it perfectly. After all, he was forced to it, he had no other option to choose from. I mean, other than let your mom die.

Reactions: Ghostface Reborn

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
I don't expect people to like him or want him redeemed.
I do expect people to have a modicum or rational thought however and not lie through their teeth to fit their perspectives.

The man did what he could given the situation he's in.
This is the whole point...you're so stubborn you can't even see his faults.

The man did what he could? Seriously? I'm glad I don't know you in real life with your morality meter. He could have done a thousand other things...but he didn't. He chose to be a low-life creep who took the easy way out for cash and betray someone. That says a lot about his character. THAT...chief...is what is presented within the game.

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
Yeah i am using logic here.
I'm not the one arguing in extremely bad faith.

You were filmed going on dates. Not filmed in the act of sex. There's a big difference here.
Damien even admits as much to you.

Damien never struck attacked you or caused physical harm to anyone in your family. Ryker did.
Damien at worst is guilty by association. If that's what you don't like i've already stated you're well within your reason to not like him. To say that makes him irredeemable is bullshit.

He has factors that are outside of his control currently that have lead him to make a series of bonehead choices.
Guilty by association is still guilty , he helped make things worse.
Yes he has factors but instead of looking for options and try and get out of the situation he complied with Ryker.
He had a chance to redeem himself, he chose to be passive and not do anything so yes he's still a trash can that can't be redeemed in my eyes.
Again i revert to that saying " The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” he chose to do nothing.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
I mean you're fair to suspect her.
I however get the feeling that she's not the problem. The dialogue between Rachel and the MC seems to support this as does her actions with the MC later in the evening.

The beef between her and Rachel seems to be more professional and less personal.
Well I made a post earlier about it, but nobody noticed due to the Azel or Fight discussions. :p It was Bella though who appointed Charles and with her keeping a watch over the school should have noticed something going on. :) (Especially something I see nobody talking about, that little talk with Vanessa in the restaurant during the Shauna date where she implicated Charles in being responsible in the bad things her ex-husband was made to do to repay his gambling debts that landed him in jail) and the little tidbit that charity got in the position of power at WVM by blackmailing the former director ...... Let me say I do not have the impression Bella will be lilly white and completely unaware and besides there may well be a relation between her, Ryker, Charles and that drugs, but almost for sure with the gambling.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
*The Twins enter pushing a popcorn cart*
The Twins: Popcorns ready Daddy!

Have at it people don't mind the odd aftertaste.....This popcorn is totally not covered in any mind altering substances...it's..um special seasoning...yea :sneaky:
Seasoning huh? Rofl....

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Zerek244 Need to fix your post. I shows me saying your words.

There are always options. He could of worked 3 jobs, etc. He took the "easiest" way. That's my opinion. Boils down he did my mc wrong and I don't have to be forgiving.

Reactions: BTLD

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019

The man did what he could? Seriously? I'm glad I don't know you in real life with your morality meter. He could have done a thousand other things...but he didn't. He chose to be a low-life creep who took the easy way out for cash and betray someone. That says a lot about his character. THAT...chief...is what is presented within the game.
Bro.
I've said numerous times here he's a flawed character. I can see them pretty clear as day.
If he wasn't flawed he couldn't be redeemed. So try to keep up atleast ?

Now if you want to argue in good faith maybe you could stop ignoring the fact the the man is being blackmailed and clearly cares more for his family than apparently you care for yours.

What's presented in game is a guy who like you isn't thinking rationally and turned to the easy way out. He wants to help his mom and be a basketball star too. Unfortunately for him in order to do that he made a deal with the devil and is unable to find another way out.

Could he have instead dropped out, started working multiple jobs at minimum wage, taken out several loans all to help his mom ? Yeah. He could have, he didn't and now he has to live with the choices he's made.

Reactions: Crimsonfiend76

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019

YES

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Guilty by association is still guilty , he helped make things worse.
Yes he has factors but instead of looking for options and try and get out of the situation he complied with Ryker.
He had a chance to redeem himself, he chose to be passive and not do anything so yes he's still a trash can that can't be redeemed in my eyes.
Again i revert to that saying " The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” he chose to do nothing.
Dear lord....

He didn't do nothing.
He took the action he could given the circumstances he's in. Stop lying.

Just because you wish for him to have done more doesn't mean what he did was nothing.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Well I made a post earlier about it, but nobody noticed due to the Azel or Fight discussions. :p It was Bella though who appointed Charles and with her keeping a watch over the school should have noticed something going on. :) (Especially something I see nobody talking about, that little talk with Vanessa in the restaurant during the Shauna date where she implicated Charles in being responsible in the bad things her ex-husband was made to do to repay his gambling debts that landed him in jail) and the little tidbit that charity got in the position of power at WVM by blackmailing the former director ...... Let me say I do not have the impression Bella will be lilly white and completely unaware and besides there may well be a relation between her, Ryker, Charles and that drugs, but almost for sure with the gambling.
Yeah i don't think she's been diligent in her role overseeing WVM. But her talk with the MC leads me to believe that she was being alerted to WVM's issues and was trying to stop them albeit slowly or even poorly. My reasoning on that is that Rachel says Bella is a good person and i have no reason not to trust her character. Now she very well could end up being Ryker 2.0 but i doubt it. I feel like Charles' issues are an entirely seperate issue of a downward spiral caused by stress, drinking and the looming axe over his head of losing his job.

Zerek244

Aug 30, 2020
If I were in this college and spent 5 minutes with Ryker and 5 minutes with MC, I'd probably have a preeeeettty good inkling those two are nothing alike.

We'll see how it develops. For now I'm just assuming Damien got into WVM on an Idiot Ball scholarship.

Possibly. Damien was still somewhat a "bro" when he didnt have to be. MC didnt even spend time with Ryker since he skipped every practice there was.

On top of that, Damien is an older student, right? Ryker got his claws (and money) before MC ever arrived at WVM.

Reactions: Buffalo Games
3.70 star(s) 642 Votes