csmk14

Mar 12, 2020
I agree this was his best update yet. It was a giant emotional rollercoaster of a ride. I can't wait to see how some of this progresses in the future. I think Skye put it best teammate play together, fight together and go to jail together. Don't forget we have the other guy that Ryker's group knocked out first the one Damien was carrying away as another witness. They attacked him first, so the MC was also coming to that person's defense as well as protecting everyone inside. While it would be hard to just accept the testmonial from the MC and the other 5 idiots. You have the guy that was knocked out, Wendy as she was watching from a distance, Belle and Harper for when they did show up, you will also have a tox screening from the hospital. All of which should add up to the MC out of jail hopefully very quickly. While I agree with everyone posting he should not be in jail (for medical or any other reason), I felt it added to the drama and I liked it.
Good points

csmk14

Mar 12, 2020
What murder ?
No one died during that fight. Kidnapping and Assault sure. Let's also not forget that he's being blackmailed to high heaven and is doing everything he can for his mom's medical treatment.

Also, it's like you all are missing the part where he told you to get out of dodge. He wasn't working against you, never raised an arm against you. It's well within reason that he's able to be redeemed.
I agree, and IF he testifies for the MC that will help, I think suspension for now, but back with the team within a few weeks. I get the anger, and it would be really hard not to just beat him like Ryker, but it's easy from the outside looking in to say screw his mom, I know I'd be hard pressed to do that for a guy I've known for a week, no matter how good he was. Damien hasn't actively been working against the MC, he told the MC to Run, and never got involved on Ryker's side of the fight! That only happens if he sides with MC with the charges, with the help of Rachel and Belle for his mom!

Reactions: Buffalo Games

KinkierThanThou

Apr 19, 2020
So here's a quick lesson I want all y'all to learn.

After the update in which Tali was introduced, I was quick to jump to certain conclusions. Things got heated, words were said, but I think we managed to straighten it all out in the end.

Lo and behold, the update after that Tali was fleshed out more, and I learned that many of the conclusions I jumped to were just plain wrong.

Bottom line is that if Braindrop was a pitcher instead of a dev, he'd be known for throwing curveballs, yo.

I still have things to say about this update, but I've adopted a "wait-and-see" policy before sticking the landing after jumping to conclusions until at least the next update.

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019

After the update in which Tali was introduced, I was quick to jump to certain conclusions. Things got heated, words were said, but I think we managed to straighten it all out in the end.

Lo and behold, the update after that Tali was fleshed out more, and I learned that many of the conclusions I jumped to were just plain wrong.

Bottom line is that if Braindrop was a pitcher instead of a dev, he'd be known for throwing curveballs, yo.

I still have things to say about this update, but I've adopted a "wait-and-see" policy before sticking the landing after jumping to conclusions until at least the next update.
I was ok with the original but I also really really love the new revamped direction he took with Tali. remembering how strong you felt about the old one I was really hoping the new direction might turn yer opinion around...seems I was right :)

Reactions: Uncle Loco

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Today I read all sorts of fun posts. None of which make any sense to me as to why we are arguing about them. So I have decided to get in on the fun. Make sure if you are going to read this you read the whole thing. You have been warned.

Thoughts from the mind of a madman.

Now I will present the argument that Ryker is the victim and the MC had a master plan to set him up. Go team Ryker you are the best we all love you. You have the best group of friends ever Kenji can I have a picture with you? Gorg can we get matching flannel shirts, and who styles your hair I need that look. Damien I am disappointed in you you didn't kick the MC like the plan was you told him to run now you have to be kicked off team Ryker. Random bouncer guy who shows up way to go man. Ryker hats off to you man way to swing a bat at harper and then punch Wendy in the face. Nothing says good guy like someone who hits a woman.

This team of upstanding gentle men have been played from day one by the MC. First we punch out Ryker because some crazy dream and a lunatic redhead says he hit you first and it was ok you knocked him out and left him alone and cold in that basement. Then we he attempts to make peace with you by asking for the pretty girls number you cut him off and denied him a chance with that beautiful goddess, where's the NTR tag now. Shame on you MC. Later you won't even agree to leave WVM when Ryker was trying to save face after you embarrassed him so badly. Instead you give his house to some random swimmer come on who does that. Finally the MC tells on Ryker to Rachael and the two of them make a secret plan to frame Ryker. The Perfect set up tell the random stranger that we just met, Belle at an event that Ryker should be at as well about Rykers plan but lie about everything. Belle then contacts Ryker to tell him that his secret is out forcing Ryker's hand to make a final stand against the evil that is the MC. What thanks do Ryker and his fun loving group of friends get. They get hit with a car punched and hit with a bat, they had no choice but to fight back in self defense. Ha, the MC got off lightly be being put in jail while Ryker and his friends are suffering at the hospital.

If you think my argument is dumb go back and read all the dumb crap people wrote about Incest, transgenders, and whether a fictional game should or should not be more realistic. It is a story guys we can spin it anyway we want for fun this update was an emotional ride for a lot of people. I get it we are torn about a lot of stuff that happened several people want it done a different way. Others just want to complain, and yet others are still looking for the fucking Android version. For the love of god please point those people to the Android update. Relax and let people talk and if it bothers you move on or maybe grab some of that yummy popcorn from the twins.

This message is in no way my actual thought of Ryker or any of his goons. They are all complete ass clowns. It was to make a point and hopefully someone actually gets it.

csmk14

Mar 12, 2020
I'm well aware of this. But people really are taking this whole thing a bit too far.
Your analogy for example is pretty off in terms of things. A much more simple statement that actually works is "What wouldn't you do for family ?"

Now you could say Damien should have dropped out of school got 6 jobs and been a respectable person. But that is boring when it comes to story telling. Instead we have a guy whose literally in his darkest hour making a set of regretable life choices. That doesn't make him a bad person, it makes him a bad decision maker. You can tell based on all of the interactions with him that he regrets what he's being forced to do, but is doing it because he's being short sighted and desperate.

Further Edit here: What did he do to the MC that literally the entire world isn't already doing ? Filming him. That's literally the only thing Damien has done to the MC and people want to castrate him over that...Like okay then. The man hasn't physically harmed you or anyone you care about once.
Exactly

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
Today I read all sorts of fun posts. None of which make any sense to me as to why we are arguing about them. So I have decided to get in on the fun. Make sure if you are going to read this you read the whole thing. You have been warned.

Now I will present the argument that Ryker is the victim and the MC had a master plan to set him up. Go team Ryker you are the best we all love you. You have the best group of friends ever Kenji can I have a picture with you? Gorg can we get matching flannel shirts, and who styles your hair I need that look. Damien I am disappointed in you you didn't kick the MC like the plan was you told him to run now you have to be kicked off team Ryker. Random bouncer guy who shows up way to go man. Ryker hats off to you man way to swing a bat at harper and then punch Wendy in the face. Nothing says good guy like someone who hits a woman.

This team of upstanding gentle men have been played from day one by the MC. First we punch out Ryker because some crazy dream and a lunatic redhead says he hit you first and it was ok you knocked him out and left him alone and cold in that basement. Then we he attempts to make peace with you by asking for the pretty girls number you cut him off and denied him a chance with that beautiful goddess, where's the NTR tag now. Shame on you MC. Later you won't even agree to leave WVM when Ryker was trying to save face after you embarrassed him so badly. Instead you give his house to some random swimmer come on who does that. Finally the MC tells on Ryker to Rachael and the two of them make a secret plan to frame Ryker. The Perfect set up tell the random stranger that we just met, Belle at an event that Ryker should be at as well about Rykers plan but lie about everything. Belle then contacts Ryker to tell him that his secret is out forcing Ryker's hand to make a final stand against the evil that is the MC. What thanks do Ryker and his fun loving group of friends get. They get hit with a car punched and hit with a bat, they had no choice but to fight back in self defense. Ha, the MC got off lightly be being put in jail while Ryker and his friends are suffering at the hospital.

If you think my argument is dumb go back and read all the dumb crap people wrote about Incest, transgenders, and whether a fictional game should or should not be more realistic. It is a story guys we can spin it anyway we want for fun this update was an emotional ride for a lot of people. I get it we are torn about a lot of stuff that happened several people want it done a different way. Others just want to complain, and yet others are still looking for the fucking Android version. For the love of god please point those people to the Android update. Relax and let people talk and if it bothers you move on or maybe grab some of that yummy popcorn from the twins.

This message is in no way my actual thought of Ryker or any of his goons. They are all complete ass clowns. It was to make a point and hopefully someone actually gets it.
OH GOD BIZZARO LOCO IS BACK!!! Girls quick get the tranq gun :p

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017

and yet others are still looking for the fucking Android version. For the love of god please point those people to the Android update. [/ISPOILER]
hahahahaha

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Yeah i don't think she's been diligent in her role overseeing WVM. But her talk with the MC leads me to believe that she was being alerted to WVM's issues and was trying to stop them albeit slowly or even poorly. My reasoning on that is that Rachel says Bella is a good person and i have no reason not to trust her character. Now she very well could end up being Ryker 2.0 but i doubt it. I feel like Charles' issues are an entirely seperate issue of a downward spiral caused by stress, drinking and the looming axe over his head of losing his job.
Just remember though that Rachel assessment of Bella was a while ago since she has avoided Bella for quite a while now, so she might well have changed a bit. Well there are at least enough hints around that make me trust Bella less than Rachel at the moment. Whether story will prove me right or wrong, time will tell. :p

KinkierThanThou

Apr 19, 2020
I was ok with the original but I also really really love the new revamped direction he took with Tali. remembering how strong you felt about the old one I was really hoping the new direction might turn yer opinion around...seems I was right :)
I also think the rewrite is even better.

So yeah, you were right, don't let it get to yer head. :whistle:

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
Just remember though that Rachel assessment of Bella was a while ago since she has avoided Bella for quite a while now, so she might well have changed a bit. Well there are at least enough hints around that make me trust Bella less than Rachel at the moment. Whether story will prove me right or wrong, time will tell. :p
Yeah, i mean people change and i get that.
I just don't think she's the problem and i'm hoping she's not.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018

What I was weirded out a bit about though in latest version of Tali that it was still her father that had been looking for her. While if Tali ran because of others invading the palace, it does not make that much sense it would be death of her father that would make the danger go away, but only the overthrow and death of those who invaded her home. Just my two cents. :p

Dripping

Feb 16, 2019
Can we? Everything else slipped by Bella before MC got assaulted. Maybe she aint as good as she claims to be?
I dunno, but the way Bella explained some things to MC, made it sound more like someone else was in control of WVM, but was relinquished of command very recently (maybe earlier that week, but might even be earlier that day), and she now had to clean up the mess. She could be referring to Charles, but could also be referring to someone higher up, and that Charles simply had to go as well because he was still a big part of the mess.

Reactions: DA22

csmk14

Mar 12, 2020
Okay...here goes:

I went back and forth about whether I wanted to write this or not. Braindrop has been through a lot, so a large part of me wanted to be silent. However, my “day job” is writing professionally. As such, I realize how important constructive feedback is. So, here’s mine....

(scroll right by this if you don’t want to read criticisms of the story — you won’t like what you’re about to read)

This was, by a fair margin, my least favorite update. To be blunt, it’s changed my feelings about the story quite a bit — and not in a good way. To be fair, the e-game genre isn’t known for its realistic plot lines. This is mostly because you’re dealing with “wish fulfillment” scenarios better suited for Penthouse Letters than actual literature. In this, WVM is no exception. Still, BD has made the story enjoyable because (in my opinion) the characters in the game are incredibly charming, distinctive, and memorable.

In this release, however, I felt like a lot of the characters were presented as caricatures of themselves. The scene at the house, to begin the chapter, is a good example of this. The interminable hugging was, frankly, too much. The scene went from sweet to saccharine to awkward very quickly. Likewise, Willow’s character was originally very interesting. Now, she’s a two-dimensional prop whose main function it is to provide framework for nicknames (that have been belabored already).

This isn’t even the worst part of the update. That distinction goes to the storytelling, I’m afraid, which was formerly one of BD’s strong suits. To begin with, the Tali flashback was...stretching credulity. But the way that the fight scene unfolded was absolutely ridiculous. I could go into the way that MC acted during the fight, what was and was not occurring around him with respect to his teammates and other individuals at the bowling alley, and his mother’s sudden, ham-fisted appearance...but this is already getting way harsher in tone than I wanted it to be. Suffice it to say that not only did I dislike this update...it’s made me question the game in its entirety.

There were bright points! Zoe was (as usual) excellent. Stacy was excellent (and a nice job of the subtle storytelling that I appreciate, too) in her brief appearance. I liked getting to find out that Eden has more of a role to play in the story than I expected, too. But for every bit like that, there were two or three bits that were cringe-worthy (and this isn’t even getting into the distracting stuff like the name tagging problems).

I know this chapter was difficult for BD to write. I give him major credit for pushing through what sounds like a horrific time in his life. Still, he has always seemed to value our honest, unfiltered opinions on his game. That means celebrating him when he’s excellent (as he usually is), but being critical when he’s not.

So, though it pains me to say: In my opinion, this last release was his poorest work.

JD
So first of all it's nice seeing well thought out constructive criticism, I respect that even if I disagree. Don't get me wrong WVM isn't perfect, but to me an some others it's one of if not the best VN out there, but that's us, and like all things it's an opinion, not right or wrong per se, just is. I will say you presented the one of the best most respectful critiques I have seen, so thank you for sharing.

Afunguy2016

Jul 17, 2017
Hey guys, I have a question. I downloaded this game shortly after it was updated to .7.7 and I now see it is .7.7.1. Was there a bug fix release? Do I need to redownload the game with the .7.7.1 version? Or is there a patch I could use instead? I tried searching for the answer utilizing the search function, but without the updated changelog, I could not determine if there is a difference between .7.7 from .7.7.1. Thanks for all of your help!

The Krypt Angel

Engaged Member
Feb 17, 2019
Hey guys, I have a question. I downloaded this game shortly after it was updated to .7.7 and I now see it is .7.7.1. Was there a bug fix release? Do I need to redownload the game with the .7.7.1 version? Or is there a patch I could use instead? I tried searching for the answer utilizing the search function, but without the updated changelog, I could not determine if there is a difference between .7.7 from .7.7.1. Thanks for all of your help!
Haven't DLed it but if I had to guess 7.7.1 is just fixing the couple mislabeled lines of dialog and the shitload of typo's that were n the initial release

• Haha
Reactions: Braindrop
3.70 star(s) 642 Votes