Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I'm new to the thread and you guys have probably have talked about this a lot, but what do you guys think of Damien? It's kinda shitty that he works for Ryker. But it's not like he is taking any pleasure in what he is doing or at least it seems like he doesn't. I could see the mc in the future forgiving him once Ryker is out of the way.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
I'm new to the thread and you guys have probably have talked about this a lot, but what do you guys think of Damien? It's kinda shitty that he works for Ryker. But it's not like he is taking any pleasure in what he is doing or at least it seems like he doesn't. I could see the mc in the future forgiving him once Ryker is out of the way.
I think I am the only one here willing to give him a second chance. I wrote a bunch of posts about it over the past few weeks. It did not go over well with everyone else.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I think I am the only one here willing to give him a second chance. I wrote a bunch of posts about it over the past few weeks. It did not go over well with everyone else.
Yeah I'm not really against the idea of giving him a second chance. He is in a shitty position and doesn't really have much of a choice. Even during the fight he tries to make the MC go away it's not like he wants the whole beating to happen.

Reactions: Buffalo Games

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I hope you're wrong. I have been way too vocal. I don't want a redemption arc I just want a sentence at most. Loco ztex among others feel differently. I'm not surprised Elaine's true love would agree with them :p.

That said the posts involving the Damien discussions are pretty interesting on both sides tbh. But yeah if there is a redemption arc some of us don't want it forced.

Reactions: BeoWoolF

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I hope you're wrong. I have been way too vocal. I don't want a redemption arc I just want a sentence at most. Loco ztex among others feel differently. I'm not surprised Elaine's true love would agree with them :p.

That said the posts involving the Damien discussions are pretty interesting on both sides tbh. But yeah if there is a redemption arc some of us don't want it forced.
I agree that it probably be up to the player if he wants to give Damien a second chance. I think most people deserve a second chance. If it was someone like Ryker or Kenji I wouldn't even consider it.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I agree that it probably be up to the player if he wants to give Damien a second chance. I think most people deserve a second chance. If it was someone like Ryker or Kenji I wouldn't even consider it.
I appreciate posters like you guys. It's good to look for the best in people. I don't trust any words from ryker or Damien so his sob story maybe complete lies. He used his girlfriend and lied to her for quite a while. He was present inside when some tried to take over and hurt people inside the bowling alley and skye said they had to restrain him. That's enough for me to despise him and wish him ill

AceOfNiagara

May 1, 2020
Guess that makes 5 of us that at least feels Damien can do/say something to possibly put him on neutral ground. Wether or not MC ever calls him a friend again is something else.

Reactions: Oghmios1337

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019

I mean, i'm also on the smash Elaine train so....

But that said i've always firmly been in the it should be upto the player when it comes to Damien. That puts more on BD in terms of writing/rendering but i have faith he can do it.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I appreciate posters like you guys. It's good to look for the best in people. I don't trust any words from ryker or Damien so his sob story maybe complete lies. He used his girlfriend and lied to her for quite a while. He was present inside when some tried to take over and hurt people inside the bowling alley and skye said they had to restrain him. That's enough for me to despise him and wish him ill
I get your point, it is possible that he is lying but even Ryker confirmed that he is basically blackmailing Damien into doing what he wants. But yeah Ryker is a lunatic so it wouldn't surprise me if he lied about that. I guess we will have to wait and see where the story goes with Damien. You're not wrong about the girlfriend part though. Him lying to jasmine doesn't really help his case, the game hints pretty heavily at him being gay, and maybe he is just afraid of coming out, but using her that way is a shitty move.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
If I offended any of you all with my anti Damien posts I apologize. I get kind of worked up over betrayals and shit. I'm honestly glad we don't all agree and still can be civil to each other.

Being cool with "update?" Posters and trolls I'm still working on ignoring. But my snark wants to respond. So totally a WIP. (y)

3.70 star(s) 639 Votes