cakeny

Jul 23, 2020
Yep.

Edit: Also more Bro-time with Skye, Ayden and the gang.

I wondered about this myself, but keep in mind I'm not from the US and I have no idea how colleges work in your neck of the woods. If those girls were all at WVM for at least one schoolyear, how did they end up in Veronica's introductory "Communications" class? Is it like an elective you can choose in your second year? Is that a thing in the US?
In college in USA, you can take whatever class you want, in whatever order, as long as you meet the prerequisites for said class.

Reactions: Call190Now

BeoWoolF

Apr 17, 2020
That is actually the same reason why I didn't try it for a long time. I decided to try after seeing many people in the mnf thread saying that it was a really good game.
That is imo a little odd. Just discussing, mind you.
Generally people here are looking for ahh.. just lets call it adult entertainment.
The setup of the VN is secondary at best, so it is a college/university setup and sports is the reason for MC to go there at this time.
So a reason not to play a VN, that ticks some of the boxes I am looking for, in the setup would be it is something that I really dislike, meaning not only do not care about but really have an active aversion.
Do not care about sports so much but dislike, nope.

Is this, lets say secondary setup characteristic really that important to you guys and gals?
Honest question, think it is interesting.

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Generally people here are looking for ahh.. just lets call it adult entertainment.
The setup of the VN is secondary at best, so it is a college/university setup and sports is the reason for MC to go there at this time.
So a reason not to play a VN, that ticks some of the boxes I am looking for, in the setup would be it is something that I really dislike, meaning not only do not care about but really have an active aversion.

Is this, lets say secondary setup characteristic really that important to you guys and gals?
I think it's important in the context of how much it actually affects the story. Let's say you hate mythology and folklore (for example)...could you play a vampire themed VN or one that centered around demons/angels etc?

So it does matter somewhat....though as you say, it is very secondary to the actual story itself and what's going on. I have zero interest in most American sports but it would not stop me from playing a VN...unless the story was really centered right around it (it was intrinsically woven into the plot)...which WVM is not. Let's be honest....Basketball in WVM is almost an after-thought most of the time isn't it...as well as college too lol.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019

You make some good points. And for the record I don't hate sports, if i'm playing them or seeing them live from the stands i deeply enjoy most.

I was hesitant to play this cause I was afraid the focus was more on basketball than the relationships, thankfully I was so wrong and glad I took the chance. Life is short and I don't want to spend it doing things I don't really enjoy.

I won't be playing any fashion model type vns nor would I play a fast food joint based vn. Schools space fantasy times, hell even business offices or bars all are fine with me. Maybe I'm alone but the backdrop and settings do matter to me. Hope this makes sense only had a cup of coffee going for my second now.

Badjourasmix

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 22, 2017
I think it's important in the context of how much it actually affects the story. Let's say you hate mythology and folklore (for example)...could you play a vampire themed VN or one that centered around demons/angels etc?

So it does matter somewhat....though as you say, it is very secondary to the actual story itself and what's going on. I have zero interest in most American sports but it would not stop me from playing a VN...unless the story was really centered right around it (it was intrinsically woven into the plot)...which WVM is not. Let's be honest....Basketball in WVM is almost an after-thought most of the time isn't it...as well as college too lol.
Yeah but you don't really know how much it affects the story until you play it. I am not really a sports fan so when I read the description it didn't really catch my attention. But then I saw people talking about this game in the mnf thread and decided to give it a chance. The description makes it sound like the basketball part is a bigger focus point than it actually is.

BeoWoolF

Apr 17, 2020

Indeed, the setup does matter somewhat as it does carry the story, or at least has the potential to do so.
Still, to make a VN a no go zone "just" for that is .. harsh?

I was hesitant to play this cause I was afraid the focus was more on basketball than the relationships, thankfully I was so wrong and glad I took the chance. Life is short and I don't want to spend it doing things I don't really enjoy.

I won't be playing any fashion model type vns nor would I play a fast food joint based vn.
:unsure:
Interesting examples.

Why fast food? ( dammit the things I am curious about surprises me again and again.. )

Ok, the notion that the setup, sports in this case, could override some other aspects of a VN is a good point.

Yeah but you don't really know how much it affects the story until you play it. I am not really a sports fan so when I read the description it didn't really catch my attention. But then I saw people talking about this game in the mnf thread and decided to give it a chance. The description makes it sound like the basketball part is a bigger focus point than it actually is.
As above, yes, if Basketball here, or maybe fastfood in another case, would be placed in front of other aspects of the VN this would be an issue.
On the other hand you did exactly the right thing, imo at least.
Saw recommendations, were not sure, looked for more information, and made up your mind after that. (y):coffee:

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Indeed, the setup does matter somewhat as it does carry the story, or at least has the potential to do so.
Still, to make a VN a no go zone "just" for that is .. harsh?

:unsure:
Interesting examples.

Why fast food? ( dammit the things I am curious about surprises me again and again.. )

Ok, the notion that the setup, sports in this case, could override some other aspects of a VN is a good point.

As above, yes, if Basketball here, or maybe fastfood in another case, would be placed in front of other aspects of the VN this would be an issue.
Saw recommendations, were not sure, looked for more information, and made up your mind after that. (y):coffee:
I hope I didn't offend fast food workers, I love and appreciate them. It is a thankless job and I respect them for putting food on the table so to speak.

I picked on fast food restaurant as a vn background because the job is so fast passed and its busy being the job with not enough wiggle room for the relationships I would like to see, where as a coffee shop is slower paced unless its a coffee whore house like Starbucks.

Where as custodian/janitor/sanitation engineer would be a perfect setting for a perverse creep story, I can't think of a vn type that would benefit from a fast food setting.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: BeoWoolF

Maviarab

Devoted Member
Jul 12, 2020
Which pretty much applies to most things in life really doesn't it heh. As Spf said, time is precious (actually, the single most precious thing ever)...so why waste it on something you won't enjoy (which, seems many people actually often do with all sorts of things).

I hope I didn't offend fast food workers, I love and appreciate them. It is a thankless job and I respect them for putting food on the table so to speak.

I picked on fast food restaurant as a vn background because the job is so fast passed and its busy being the job with not enough wiggle room for the relationships I would like to see, where as a coffee shop is slower paced unless its a coffee whore house like Starbucks.

Where as custodian/janitor/sanitation engineer would be a perfect setting for a perverse creep story, I can't think of a vn type that would benefit from a fast food setting.
Hey..you leave Starcucks out of it ;)

As for that setting..a little like WVM...I guess that depends how often the MC is actually there lmao.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
inb4 next update MC and Stacy only greet each other and then MC is pulled away to do something else.
I don't think we would be shown that teaser only for a quick greeting ..and even if that were to be true I pray you are wrong :p
Now I finally go and post that theory after weeks of thinking about it and BD goes ahead and hits me with the spoiler picture. Now I am happy that we get to see Stacy but the question is will we learn anything about her, because don't forget she did show up and the last 2 updates as well. While the spoiler only confirms we will see her in the next update it still does not tell me the mystery will finally be solved. This could easily be a quick greeting, as some of the teasers we have seen in the past show nothing and some are a very key scene that you could not determine with out text. Either way I am happy to see that she shows up, and that the sneaky devil Braindrop decided to comment on my post (thanks for bringing a smile to my face this morning).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
Now I finally go and post that theory after weeks of thinking about it and BD goes ahead and hits me with the spoiler picture. Now I am happy that we get to see Stacy but the question is will we learn anything about her, because don't forget she did show up and the last 2 updates as well. While the spoiler only confirms we will see her in the next update it still does not tell me the mystery will finally be solved. This could easily be a quick greeting, as some of the teasers we have seen in the past show nothing and some are a very key scene that you could not determine with out text. Either way I am happy to see that she shows up, and that the sneaky devil Braindrop decided to comment on my post (thanks for bringing a smile to my face this morning).

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I still think we should be a bit more positive?or optimistic , I don't think it was meant to be as a teaser ...just 2-3 renders and that's it for Stacy...now bear in mind I'm not saying Stacy mistery will be solved...but I'm 90% it will be more than a teaser...maybe a meaningfull conversation?maybe that plus some plans?I have no ideea...but I'm sure it's not going to be just a meet & greet & hug :p or something among those lines.
Moooaar

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020

Well you guys know that I am one of the biggest advocates for WVM I have over 1,700 posts (yes 95% or more of my posts are made here alone) made on the game since May when I finally decided to give the game a chance. I skipped over the game a lot since I was not interested in a basketball themed game. The theme of the game is important to me before I make a decision to download and give it a try. I don't always go off recommendations either. I read the description for the game, try to determine if it is a grindy/quest style game (not a fan of those), and look at the images posted on the OP. If I am not interested in the description and at least 1 of the females in the pictures I pass on the game. There are some supposedly good games out there that I still have not even tried yet (some I downloaded but never played). I would name them but I don't want to be put in a crossfire with how could not play that one but play this one.

Anyways it is easy to understand how a great game can be overlooked by someone just because they are not interested in the theme or a tag for a game. I see NTR or rape and I am out. Most of us play these games for an escape from the mess in the real life others just play to fap. There are some that are here for stories only (haha as much as I say that, I am here for the lewd content too). Anyways no judgement on how or why you decided to play WVM, I am happy that we all did and that we come here to discuss it.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
I still think we should be a bit more positive?or optimistic , I don't think it was meant to be as a teaser ...just 2-3 renders and that's it for Stacy...now bear in mind I'm not saying Stacy mistery will be solved...but I'm 90% it will be more than a teaser...maybe a meaningfull conversation?maybe that plus some plans?I have no ideea...but I'm sure it's not going to be just a meet & greet & hug :p or something among those lines.
As probably the biggest Stacy fan here I hope you are right. Also if anyone has inside information on Stacy please do not share that with me, I like to experience it first hand. That one teaser picture was fine and it has my mind going already. I spent some time looking at it and determined it is in a new room of the house we have not been in yet. It seems that either the MC pulled Stacy to the side to talk with her or she pulled him to the side to talk.

BeoWoolF

Apr 17, 2020
I see NTR or rape and I am out.
Hmm ..
So maybe the stuff mentioned above in the tags would be the overall "theme" while the setup like college, basketball, fantasy... would be the way/method the theme is carried?

NTR can go suck huge donkey balls by the way. Rape also is not my thing.
Again,if it floats other peoples boat, happy sailing :cool:

moskyx

Engaged Member
Jun 17, 2019
I've already said that the basket premise was the first thing that attracted me to this game, and the game's evolution into a harem buffet (with a touch of family drama) in which sport related issues are being sidelined is slowly dragging me away. At this point this is obviously just an harem game with some drama in which the MC happens to be a basket prospect, but my expectations were the story to be more focused on his sporting problems than in... well, what WVM actually is. Again, I'm not saying this is bad, just that I had hoped it to be more sport focused given the initial premise. So yeah, came for the basket, stayed for the chicks... but give me some ball or I'll lose interest

BTLD

Engaged Member
Sep 18, 2017
As probably the biggest Stacy fan here I hope you are right. Also if anyone has inside information on Stacy please do not share that with me, I like to experience it first hand. That one teaser picture was fine and it has my mind going already. I spent some time looking at it and determined it is in a new room of the house we have not been in yet. It seems that either the MC pulled Stacy to the side to talk with her or she pulled him to the side to talk.
I'm more inclined to think she will pull him aside :D

Reactions: Uncle Loco

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
I've already said that the basket premise was the first thing that attracted me to this game, and the game's evolution into a harem buffet (with a touch of family drama) in which sport related issues are being sidelined is slowly dragging me away. At this point this is obviously just an harem game with some drama in which the MC happens to be a basket prospect, but my expectations were the story to be more focused on his sporting problems than in... well, what WVM actually is. Again, I'm not saying this is bad, just that I had hoped it to be more sport focused given the initial premise. So yeah, came for the basket, stayed for the chicks... but give me some ball or I'll lose interest
I think the basketball stuff will come soon. We are still in the early part of the game, I think once the basketball season starts it will be a bigger part of the game. I think the main part of the game right now is introductions of all the characters and building the harem. Once that is in a good place the basketball will come.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
3.70 star(s) 639 Votes