Skode

Mar 9, 2020
I assume the update will include massive amounts of teasing with some of the more well loved characters. Not creative enough right now to think of any other „silly reasons“ why people wouldn‘t like the update.
I assume it will do with the "family" being teased again. He has openly teased and on HERE of all places that there would one day perhaps be a modder (not him... officially he is openly against sexy "family" content to be onside with Patreon) which would fill in the content that the games story itself and several of its characters have been pushing almost since the start. Its kinda inevitable, just dont elude to it being Braindrop despite being a 100% carbon copy of his style of work to an uncanny degree. Were overdue the adopted mom date and itll likely be in this update so of course as ever for "silly reasons" people are gonna wanna fuck her and will rage they cant yet despite banging almost everyone else you meet with little to no effort and the usual puritans will come here and preach it will NEVER happen in face of said evidence like theyve done so a hundred times already.

The only other content i can see worrying the dev enough to get a vocal backlash enough to worry him (though lets put it all in context here folks, the community for WVM is amongst the most chill there is outside of above bickering being the norm) is perhaps a Damien redemption arc? There are a vocal minority who outright seen against the very notion of him being redeemed.

Guss

May 26, 2018
I don't care if June has 30 or 31 days. I really don't care if there's 32 or 52 fuckables in the game. I just enjoy the story content and where it try's to lead me and then whips my mind around at the last second to reviel a new twist. I just want BD to take it easy and keep his eyes well. He has a lot to look forward to with a new wife and baby on the way. Take it from a Dad, he has a lot to look forward to, he needs to keep those peepers well so he can enjoy the great times ahead.

Hordragg

Lesser-Known Mesmer
Donor
Compressor
Apr 2, 2019
I assume it will do with the "family" being teased again. He has openly teased and on HERE of all places that there would one day perhaps be a modder (not him... officially he is openly against sexy "family" content to be onside with Patreon) which would fill in the content that the games story itself and several of its characters have been pushing almost since the start. Its kinda inevitable, just dont elude to it being Braindrop despite being a 100% carbon copy of his style of work to an uncanny degree. Were overdue the adopted mom date and itll likely be in this update so of course as ever for "silly reasons" people are gonna wanna fuck her and will rage they cant yet despite banging almost everyone else you meet with little to no effort and the usual puritans will come here and preach it will NEVER happen in face of said evidence like theyve done so a hundred times already.

The only other content i can see worrying the dev enough to get a vocal backlash enough to worry him (though lets put it all in context here folks, the community for WVM is amongst the most chill there is outside of above bickering being the norm) is perhaps a Damien redemption arc? There are a vocal minority who outright seen against the very notion of him being redeemed.
To Paul Stanley as portrayed in Family Guy's Road to Europe: Damien is dead to me now.

Don't get me wrong, I'll happily go along with everything Braindrop will throw at us, but I still do hope any redemption arc for Damien will be optional. Or at the very least absurdly long-drawn-out.

Reactions: Spfjolietjake

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
To Paul Stanley as portrayed in Family Guy's Road to Europe: Damien is dead to me now.

Don't get me wrong, I'll happily go along with everything Braindrop will throw at us, but I still do hope any redemption arc for Damien will be optional. Or at the very least absurdly long-drawn-out.
Yes. Not a fan of the redemption arc idea for damien or Ryker

ralphie12k

Jun 11, 2020
I don't think there will be a Damien redemption arc, at least from the MC's perspective since the MC already said he won't fully forgive him and said to just talk to Belle for help with his mom.

Maybe Damien saves the MC's life or something but that would be pretty forced storytelling. I don't think Damien is gone from the story completely but his time is pretty much over imo. So no real redemption arc for him.

Reactions: NotTheReal16

JGNeon

Feb 24, 2021
Yes. Not a fan of the redemption arc idea for damien or Ryker
I suspect we might see Damien again after day 9, but somewhat subdued and regretful, and not for at least another week or two into the storyline, perhaps even a few months or a year. Redemption is unlikely, but due to MC's kind nature, I suspect MC might find a way to guide Damien to a better path somewhere down the road, but they will still not be friends or anywhere close.

Ryker's redemption is impossible, based on what's happened. We'll most likely see him again only through news coverage/footage, or at most, a hospital or jail visit, just to understand what the hell is going on, and to find out who Ryker's boss is. That visit might be by MC himself, or by a friend/colleague of Rachael, Willabelle, or Valerie (these three are most likely candidates to push this part of the story forward). If MC makes the visit, we'll see it, otherwise, Ryker's revelations would be delivered by one of those who's closest to MC.

MattShizzle

Oct 31, 2019
I see Damien as redeemable as he was under enormous pressure and didn't do anything to harm MC and even tried to get him to just leave. Ryker is not. He's just a bastard who was working almost the whole game to harm the MC. He'll either stay in a coma or wind up going up the river. I do think Jasmine will be added to the Harem. That's another black mark on Damien how he hurt her. It would also help the team getting Damien back as he was still a great player, while Ryker was mediocre and his attitude would hurt more than even a decent player's skills would help.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
I don't think there will be a Damien redemption arc, at least from the MC's perspective since the MC already said he won't fully forgive him and said to just talk to Belle for help with his mom.

Maybe Damien saves the MC's life or something but that would be pretty forced storytelling. I don't think Damien is gone from the story completely but his time is pretty much over imo. So no real redemption arc for him.
A lot of people not just you seem to equate forgiveness with redemption.
You don't have to be forgiven for a bad act to be redeemed and reformed as an individual. It's entirely possible within the context of the story that we still see Damien, he's not forgiven and he manages to turn his life around and be a better person.

A very simple epilogue or even hospital scene with him caring for his ill mother, a face to face apology to Jasmine and coming out is really all that would be needed to showcase that he's at the very least working to be a better person. After that you can write him off or just have him be a fan in the background for all that matters.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I don't see Damien as forgivable any time soon. If he goes off to another school and turns his life around, does some good work for one of Rachael or Willabelle's associates then after a few years they could make up with him, but anything short of that would feel very wrong. He went too far for forgiveness to come easy.

ralphie12k

Jun 11, 2020
A lot of people not just you seem to equate forgiveness with redemption.
You don't have to be forgiven for a bad act to be redeemed and reformed as an individual. It's entirely possible within the context of the story that we still see Damien, he's not forgiven and he manages to turn his life around and be a better person.

A very simple epilogue or even hospital scene with him caring for his ill mother, a face to face apology to Jasmine and coming out is really all that would be needed to showcase that he's at the very least working to be a better person. After that you can write him off or just have him be a fan in the background for all that matters.
I would agree if not for the fact we are playing as the MC. Not Damien. So Damien's redemption is tied up in the MC, and thus the player, forgiving him.

Compared to someone like John Marston from Red Dead Redemption who we play as through a very long redemption arc, and even in that case it is ambiguous if John redeemed himself in the end.

And because we play as the MC, that means any Damien redemption scenes would need to take place in the presence of the MC. What I think what most people mean by not wanting a redemption arc for Damien, is that they don't want Braindrop to devote a lot of story time to the MC being with Damien while he does good acts (which should have been things he was already doing). I think most people would rather spend more time with the girls.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes