Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
As i have told...but there is always those holy knights that cannot understand that, and because i said that the game will not be here in 8 days, they think that i'm talking shit of the dev. The dev is with a lot of stuff in his head (both heads :LOL:) we don't need a genius to know that the update will delay, but people think "no, the game will be here the first hour of day 24". That's the level of fanaticism of some people here, if you say anything, even constructive criticism, they think that you are talking shit about the dev and the game. The dev is a good buy, bad with dates but a good guy, but that don't make you travel in time.
I always thought you were supposed to wait to say I told you so ONLY after you are actually proven right. Not when it might happen.

So many trolls hoping one dev (a dev that actually does business right by pausing pledges and communicating) fails. Your idjitness is showing and it isn't appealing...

MadMax68

Feb 9, 2021
I often wonder why people on this thread, who constantly complain about the update status, don't just download another game or VN and give it a rest. If that doesn't work for you learn to make them yourself! Show us how much better you are than BD at creating these and keeping to a strict update schedule. I enjoy WVM, but there are others out there I enjoy also. Some I found because I just checked random titles on the "Latest Updates" page and found something interesting. Give it a shot and and every now and then come back to this thread check for updates and give BD some encouragement.

AlexTorch

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2017
I always thought you were supposed to wait to say I told you so ONLY after you are actually proven right. Not when it might happen.

So many trolls hoping one dev (a dev that actually does business right by pausing pledges and communicating) fails. Your idjitness is showing and it isn't appealing...
Well..you can call me idjitness, but i'm not being a troll, or saying nothing negative about him, what i said is that he is bad with dates and with everything that is happening the game will probably delay, if you like my opinion or not, i don't care, is just my opinion, there is a lot of devs that work hard here, yes we have some trash ones too, but you never hear i'm saying anything bad about this one. But if you are being idjitness, being a fanboy that don't like when people tell anything about your god and savior, well...that's your business.

Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
I'm sorry but if this Dev continues to push the update back he's going down pretty much the same path Icstor from Milfy City went on. Of promising us an update on such and such a date and then when that date arrived we got shit. Just man up dude and either give us an update or don't promise us one until your ready to release it.
I normally don't feed the trolls, it just makes them feel important and encourages them, but.....

You obviously have no clue wtf you are talking about. *IF* BD misses promised updates for another 1.5 years, and he starts milking his supporters instead of suspending payments, then you might have a comparison to make.

Unlike the king of milking; BD actually has integrity & a love of what he is doing, and it shows. Last update was 41/2 months ago (will hit 5 if the next release does get pushed into early July) which is longer than his usual timeframe, but not a bad delay for the level of content he typically puts out. He has also stopped payments on his Patreon every time he hits a delay......something Milk 'em City never did.

Ihd5914

Mar 13, 2020
Remember, facts are irrelevant to a critic's narrative. Facts must conform to the narrative in order to be considered.
well then here is a fact that they just cant except BD is human so things aren't always going to be perfect. a deadline is a desired timeline to have things complete it isn't a law saying he has to be done by then. yes it is frustrating but he has said when he gets the chance the reasoning behind not keeping to his desired deadline. we have waited this long for it I'm sure we can wait a couple more weeks if that. also I'm like everyone I really cant wait for the next update as this is definitely one of the best games out there. so BD hopefully things start falling into place easier for you and you can get back on track and keep up the great work.

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
Remember, facts are irrelevant to a critic's narrative. Facts must conform to the narrative in order to be considered.
Why is it no matter what thread i visit your there simping for random devs against the nefarious "critics" and "detractors". You chasing likes or what?

Still as annoying as rampant apologists are i concur that Braindrop at least has earned a break. He was one of the most consistent updaters on the site for his game (and this steal steals all of them lol). Naturally though the longer the gap the more dissent tends to rise as for every legit excuse a dev has they can sadly rest assured a dozen other devs already used them several times already so the impact is more disdain that sympathy. At least he is being transparent, if thats not enough for some people then what can you do? Far too many go silent and still keep the clock running on Patreon... i dont count BD in that number.

SiRDmG

Dec 11, 2020
Yeah he's such an asshole for not planning/predicting family emergencies, health problem and personal life causing the update to be pushed back. Anyway I got to go i plan to have my computer die in 5 minutes, cheerio
this is how he gets paid. so this is a job.
i dunno about others line of work but if u work like this u get fired after so many excuse.
yes we all have issues and we all have to take a step back from time to time but not 15 times.
first 2-3 times i felt sorry for the guy but now he just making excuses all the time.

artofwar

Mar 17, 2020
I often wonder why people on this thread, who constantly complain about the update status, don't just download another game or VN and give it a rest. If that doesn't work for you learn to make them yourself! Show us how much better you are than BD at creating these and keeping to a strict update schedule. I enjoy WVM, but there are others out there I enjoy also. Some I found because I just checked random titles on the "Latest Updates" page and found something interesting. Give it a shot and and every now and then come back to this thread check for updates and give BD some encouragement.
The 'strict update schedule' braindrop had a family emergency when their pet ate their rendering pc a year ago. Unfortunately till this day it has not had its eyes fixed and so if we come back in a week and check each night around 7 then it'll be out soon.

Reactions: Scotsman1989

Guss

May 26, 2018
The 'strict update schedule' braindrop had a family emergency when their pet ate their rendering pc a year ago. Unfortunately till this day it has not had its eyes fixed and so if we come back in a week and check each night around 7 then it'll be out soon.
Have you ever thought that the eye Doc says it's a severe eye strain and to simply stay away from exertion and put drops in every 4-6 hrs? Have you ever owned a destructive dog? Now, I'm no Fanboy at all, I'll drop a dev like a cheating ex in NYC time. But, if you have never had these situations come up in your life, then you have no idea and would consider them to be "lame" excuses. Have a 180# Rotty destroy a Oak front door like it was wet drywall because he wanted to go with you on a ride. Next time, rub your socked feet across your carpeted room and reach in to your computer and touch your CPU. Before you do that, I would strongly suggest that you order a new motherboard, CPU and memory, because that little spark that will make the jump...will take all that out. If he misses the time frame, he'll be in to say why and by the 1st week of July, if it's not out by then?...well, I'll join you in giving him hell as to why. But, I know BD will be pretty close to dropping it. I also know he's on his honeymoon as well, so I do give him enough respect to wait til afterwards.

OfficiallyGames

Game Developer
May 23, 2020
i dunno about others line of work but if u work like this u get fired after so many excuse.
yes we all have issues and we all have to take a step back from time to time but not 15 times.
first 2-3 times i felt sorry for the guy but now he just making excuses all the time.
1. Hes had his patreon pledges paused for a while now (and paused before) so litterally not being paid.

2. Pretty sure a job employer can understand health and family issues. Also pretty sure getting married allows for time off and there's also a baby he has to prepare for, thats called paternity leave. And hes recently moved house.

3. Just be paitent and stop being bitchy. You're on a piracy site, you already have access to patreon content. You don't have the right to complain.

aaachris

Oct 26, 2019
He should learn by now not to hint update dates until its ready. When it's done, check it, test it, release teasers and drop it when you like. It's stupid to hint update dates and back out at the last days and hint another day again.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Next time please make some effort to read a page or two,before making yourself looks like a ----

Reactions: Oghmios1337

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
To be fair if he didnt change into bigger updates

Then we would have something at least to play

With the smaller updates we could have at least some progress

And before someone calls me out for freeloading im a patreon member

Just hope the next updates will be better organized

Or just go back to the smaller updates so people can at least play something

stinger37

May 30, 2019
Update from BD that was posted on discord

Braindadrop — Yesterday at 23:25
Yeah, and speaking of the update... there's a chance it slides into the start of July. I know I'm becoming the king of slides but had an emergency. I've been in the hospital with my grandpa the majority of the past few days. His blood pressure was enormously high and he's had a bad stomach ache. He's doing better now and he's back home, he's still feeling sick but it's not spooky anymore and I'm keeping constant care of him.

Not gonna make an announcement about it or anything yet. Gonna do everything I can to finish by the 30th. Just wanted to give you guys a heads up in case.

d_pedestrian

Engaged Member
Jul 18, 2020
To be fair if he didnt change into bigger updates

Then we would have something at least to play

With the smaller updates we could have at least some progress

And before someone calls me out for freeloading im a patreon member

Just hope the next updates will be better organized

Or just go back to the smaller updates so people can at least play something
I like the approach of college bound's developer. He updates every week i guess and i usually download it once in a month and i get decent amount of content to play.

FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019
Another delay again. What's the excuse now, the house is on fire? Lately it's just been a bucket of excuses.

BD is beginning to sound like that kid who has a different excuse for why he always turns his homework late.

I get it, that people have issues but at the last minute, you spring another excuse. It's starting to sound like he is making up excuses for sympathy sake.

Not sure if having a bad stomach ache requires a hospital visit, my stomach aches usually requires a mask and box of matches.

Whatever the case is, if he had a real job, his employer would probably let him go at some point.

csmk14

Mar 12, 2020
Another delay again. What's the excuse now, the house is on fire? Lately it's just been a bucket of excuses.

BD is beginning to sound like that kid who has a different excuse for why he always turns his homework late.

I get it, that people have issues but at the last minute, you spring another excuse. It's starting to sound like he is making up excuses for sympathy sake.

Not sure if having a bad stomach ache requires a hospital visit, my stomach aches usually requires a mask and box of matches.

Whatever the case is, if he had a real job, his employer would probably let him go at some point.
HIS FUCKING GRANPA WHO HE LOOKS AFTER IS IN THE HOSPITAL WITH AN EMERGENCY, READ THE POST YOU DICK!

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes