Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Yo
I've been meaning to make this post for the past 10 days but I haven't been able to without quitting and deleting everything halfway. Mainly due to the fact that I have attempted to be as vague as possible concerning recent events in my life and it's very difficult to have a genuine post where I try to convey why I feel certain ways about certain things when I can't provide context to anything.
So, fuck it. I'm going to talk about it in a limited sense just this one time or else there's no point in having this post at all.

First things first, everyone is okay. I mentioned in my last post that I had been spending a lot of time in hospital rooms. So real quick just wanted to say that my grandpa is doing much better currently and the thing with my mom was just a not super serious surgery that she's already recovered from but anytime a loved one goes under the knife it's stressful.
The big reason why I've been quiet about things is because of my wife.

I haven't explicitly mentioned it in a while though I have alluded to it... I am now a father.
Everyone is happy, healthy, and at home now and I'm so grateful for it but this past month was not a fun time.
We had complications that I won't go into. It was a very scary time and I'm still in shock from it to be honest. Everything went from perfectly fine to a disaster back to perfectly fine.

I love my little one so much and I can't explain what it feels like to be a dad.
I knew having a child would be difficult and life changing and honestly I'm doing pretty well so far. I've never had a stable sleep schedule so nothing is new there and we have plenty of help for when we need it.
What's really kicked my ass is how emotionally drained I am. This past month has had so many lows and highs and I'm just shell shocked from it all.

Okay, that wraps up the personal life update. Now onto how this impacts things related to WVM.

There will not be a beta this month. I've thought about it a lot and even though the update itself is ready... I'm not. Simply put I'm not in a position mentally to push anything out. Things are still settling in my personal life and I couldn't handle any issues with a release right now.
Not setting any dates yet but there will be 2 betas in December. I've battled some mental health issues this past year and I'm doing my best to protect myself from future ones.
I am genuinely sorry but I hope you understand.

The "What are the girls getting up to during the MC's first away game" monthly set will be out either tomorrow or the following day as well as the remaining B-day renders for this month.

Things should return to normal this following week and Mind drops will continue starting this upcoming Friday.

As far as pledges go I am currently undecided if I will pause or not.
To be as transparent as possible, before becoming a dad it wouldn't even be a question. I'd pause 100%. I haven't been able to work nearly as much as I'd like to this month and I won't have a release out. Even if I have a perfectly good reason as to why.
But now I have someone to take care of... someone's future depends on me. The reality is that this patreon and SS stuff won't last forever especially if I keep being so inconsistent.

I've never tried to screw you guys over and I have tried my best to do the right thing. Which is exactly why I'm mentioning this stuff. You guys deserve to know my thought process on such a thing. Even if it makes me look bad.

In the event that I don't pause. I'd treat it how I did the release of Day 9 final and give this first upcoming beta to any prior supporters for free through discord so you are not required to support another month for something you've already "paid" for.

Which while the topic is brought up. I am very heavily rethinking how I handle releases with tiers. I'm not very happy with incentivizing releases with level of tier since it creates this strange relationship where working on the game isn't enough and adds this arbitrary layer of stress around dates and releases that isn't good for me or the game.
Might just fuck around and start releasing the game for free and have the patreon and SS focus on bonuses and updates. Things like the monthly sets and bday renders and client polls. I hate this guilty feeling around the money caused by things mostly out of my control.

Which I don't want to come off jaded and bitter. I am so fucking thankful for each and every person that has supported me in any way. I just crave a healthier relationship with the money side of things since that's always been an issue for me.
I don't know if it's the way I was raised or the conditions I was raised in but I've never had a healthy relationship with money and the constant guilt I feel from it.

Fuck, I'm typing a lot and it's not formatted well at all and I know if I go back to try and fix things I'm going to get tilted and delete everything again so I'mma leave my word vomit for your guy's brains to process.

Gonna stop here. I'm not good at being serious, I don't like being serious. But I needed to be just to explain some of the things on my mind and why things are the way they are right now.
I hope I didn't come off as angry or anything. I'm actually very stoked and happy I'm just a bit frustrated with how hard this stuff is to write. I'm not good at talking about my personal life anymore.
Hope this post at least makes sense and hopefully no one gets too ang'y.
I still may pause pledges so who knows. Just prepare your pledges accordingly and unpledge if you aren't vibing with it.

I should have dates for some things this Friday for the mind drop. And thanks to anyone who is still reading this post lol
apologies for the book

Thank you all so much for everything and for all the well wishes.
Love you guys <3

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019

Yo
I've been meaning to make this post for the past 10 days but I haven't been able to without quitting and deleting everything halfway. Mainly due to the fact that I have attempted to be as vague as possible concerning recent events in my life and it's very difficult to have a genuine post where I try to convey why I feel certain ways about certain things when I can't provide context to anything.
So, fuck it. I'm going to talk about it in a limited sense just this one time or else there's no point in having this post at all.

First things first, everyone is okay. I mentioned in my last post that I had been spending a lot of time in hospital rooms. So real quick just wanted to say that my grandpa is doing much better currently and the thing with my mom was just a not super serious surgery that she's already recovered from but anytime a loved one goes under the knife it's stressful.
The big reason why I've been quiet about things is because of my wife.

I haven't explicitly mentioned it in a while though I have alluded to it... I am now a father.
Everyone is happy, healthy, and at home now and I'm so grateful for it but this past month was not a fun time.
We had complications that I won't go into. It was a very scary time and I'm still in shock from it to be honest. Everything went from perfectly fine to a disaster back to perfectly fine.

I love my little one so much and I can't explain what it feels like to be a dad.
I knew having a child would be difficult and life changing and honestly I'm doing pretty well so far. I've never had a stable sleep schedule so nothing is new there and we have plenty of help for when we need it.
What's really kicked my ass is how emotionally drained I am. This past month has had so many lows and highs and I'm just shell shocked from it all.

Okay, that wraps up the personal life update. Now onto how this impacts things related to WVM.

There will not be a beta this month. I've thought about it a lot and even though the update itself is ready... I'm not. Simply put I'm not in a position mentally to push anything out. Things are still settling in my personal life and I couldn't handle any issues with a release right now.
Not setting any dates yet but there will be 2 betas in December. I've battled some mental health issues this past year and I'm doing my best to protect myself from future ones.
I am genuinely sorry but I hope you understand.

The "What are the girls getting up to during the MC's first away game" monthly set will be out either tomorrow or the following day as well as the remaining B-day renders for this month.

Things should return to normal this following week and Mind drops will continue starting this upcoming Friday.

As far as pledges go I am currently undecided if I will pause or not.
To be as transparent as possible, before becoming a dad it wouldn't even be a question. I'd pause 100%. I haven't been able to work nearly as much as I'd like to this month and I won't have a release out. Even if I have a perfectly good reason as to why.
But now I have someone to take care of... someone's future depends on me. The reality is that this patreon and SS stuff won't last forever especially if I keep being so inconsistent.

I've never tried to screw you guys over and I have tried my best to do the right thing. Which is exactly why I'm mentioning this stuff. You guys deserve to know my thought process on such a thing. Even if it makes me look bad.

In the event that I don't pause. I'd treat it how I did the release of Day 9 final and give this first upcoming beta to any prior supporters for free through discord so you are not required to support another month for something you've already "paid" for.

Which while the topic is brought up. I am very heavily rethinking how I handle releases with tiers. I'm not very happy with incentivizing releases with level of tier since it creates this strange relationship where working on the game isn't enough and adds this arbitrary layer of stress around dates and releases that isn't good for me or the game.
Might just fuck around and start releasing the game for free and have the patreon and SS focus on bonuses and updates. Things like the monthly sets and bday renders and client polls. I hate this guilty feeling around the money caused by things mostly out of my control.

Which I don't want to come off jaded and bitter. I am so fucking thankful for each and every person that has supported me in any way. I just crave a healthier relationship with the money side of things since that's always been an issue for me.
I don't know if it's the way I was raised or the conditions I was raised in but I've never had a healthy relationship with money and the constant guilt I feel from it.

Fuck, I'm typing a lot and it's not formatted well at all and I know if I go back to try and fix things I'm going to get tilted and delete everything again so I'mma leave my word vomit for your guy's brains to process.

Gonna stop here. I'm not good at being serious, I don't like being serious. But I needed to be just to explain some of the things on my mind and why things are the way they are right now.
I hope I didn't come off as angry or anything. I'm actually very stoked and happy I'm just a bit frustrated with how hard this stuff is to write. I'm not good at talking about my personal life anymore.
Hope this post at least makes sense and hopefully no one gets too ang'y.
I still may pause pledges so who knows. Just prepare your pledges accordingly and unpledge if you aren't vibing with it.

I should have dates for some things this Friday for the mind drop. And thanks to anyone who is still reading this post lol
apologies for the book

Thank you all so much for everything and for all the well wishes.
Love you guys <3
Thank you Bøb69 for sharing that here!

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
Yeah, I think at this point, it may be better for him to just stick with releasing the updates for free and doing side content for patreons, because if he has to worry about pausing his patreon every time he doesn't get a release out, it's gonna make things worse on his mental state, but if each release of the game is free and his supporters get extra content, he most likely won't lose a lot of support, and may gain more supporters this way since most of his patrons probably found the game through a pirate site anyway.

DA22

Devoted Member
Jan 10, 2018
Well I think congratulations are in order in the first place and wish all parties involved many happy memories together over many many years :)

On the money side, yeah this may work slightly less well for those who think they pay for an update. Those who on the other hand supported so he could develop the game will not mind, just as long as he keeps working on the game while taking care of himself. Vacations also belong to that and if this is not a reason for a little vacation and get used to changes in your life I would not know what is.

Also does that SS mean he has a subscribestar now? If so I somehow missed that. Link would be nice.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Well I think congratulations are in order in the first place and wish all parties involved many happy memories together over many many years :)

On the money side, yeah this may work slightly less well for those who think they pay for an update. Those who on the other hand supported so he could develop the game will not mind, just as long as he keeps working on the game while taking care of himself. Vacations also belong to that and if this is not a reason for a little vacation and get used to changes in your life I would not know what is.

Also does that SS mean he has a subscribestar now? If so I somehow missed that. Link would be nice.
Subscribestar link is on the front page.

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020

This sounds very logical and well reasoned.......are you sure you're in the right place?

Jarul

Feb 8, 2018

wow, BD seams so beaten up mentally by all those events that he may be close to some kind of break-dawn. On top of his real life he also have Patron and all game related stuff (that he always take too seriously) to worry about :( Really sad.

I hope he stop development for some time and take this time to strengthen himself mentally. I can wait some more time, especially if this will prevent break-dawn. He needs to take care of family first.

portgasdluigi

Jul 24, 2021
wow, BD seams so beaten up mentally by all those events that he may be close to some kind of break-dawn. On top of his real life he also have Patron and all game related stuff (that he always take too seriously) to worry about :( Really sad.

I hope he stop development for some time and take this time to strengthen himself mentally. I can wait some more time, especially if this will prevent break-dawn. He needs to take care of family first.
I'm with you on that. I'd rather he take a break if need be to help him recover from life and come back refreshed.

RedNoise

Apr 24, 2017
I'm with you on that. I'd rather he take a break if need be to help him recover from life and come back refreshed.
He seems to be doing better now, but he could probably use a break, at the very least to let him settle into being a parent.
I won't dive into speculation 'cause it's just not a nice thing to do, but hopefully the shift to less frequent updates helps keep the stress down a bit and gives him space to take care of the inevitable things that happen in life.

I'm not a supporter so I have no reason to speak about the money side of things, but he's been honest about things, almost to a fault, so I hope he can figure out some changes that help him feel better without losing too many patrons.

Gripping

Jan 8, 2020
At the rate WVM full releases come out and the amount of content in them people shouldn't complain as long as we get updates every few weeks with how his mental space is. Couldn't be mad if it took more than 2 months per update. A KID is a lot especially your 1st kid usually takes a team of people to help adjust to it not just 2 parents on top of other family issues he's already stated.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tavi13

Tarrang

Oct 13, 2021
Any idea when a non-beta comes out? Last non-beta was early July. I saw what's up, but it seems next is another beta anyway.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes