Omicron6

Dec 17, 2021
The man of culture thing is seriously getting old , take get a life..Omicron67...If I had a mic I'd drop it on the floor rather than on my feet like the last time.
No one says it's new. Hey, just let me appreciate Zoe in peace... And oh, make sure to drop the mic on the floor this time, or else you'll have to put on a mask on your feet. You don't want to get it infested. :LOL:

bobbo69

Engaged Member
Donor
Jun 18, 2017
The last update had no content for me, I loaded one of my saves and it was the end of the update for some reason. Was this a remake of some scenes or something?

Ahx

Jul 9, 2021
The last update had no content for me, I loaded one of my saves and it was the end of the update for some reason. Was this a remake of some scenes or something?
What you played is just a beta update with a little content...the full update is yet to come , hopefully before the end of february.

Reactions: bobbo69

char_2.0

Jul 15, 2021
What you played is just a beta update with a little content...the full update is yet to come , hopefully before the end of february.
I just hope he stops adding new characters and focuses on the ones that already are. Yes, the new characters are great, but they are already too many and they are not going to let the existing ones develop well. I would understand if the updates were weekly as he did before, but this quarterly release mode of 300 renders to see new character after another is insufferable.

Reactions: Jarul and Orlox

OfficiallyGames

Game Developer
May 23, 2020
I just hope he stops adding new characters and focuses on the ones that already are. Yes, the new characters are great, but they are already too many and they are not going to let the existing ones develop well. I would understand if the updates were weekly as he did before, but this quarterly release mode of 300 renders to see new character after another is insufferable.
Some of the renders on the minddrops show atleast possibility of i think around 5 new characters - mine and most peoples guess is the swimteam (so more kimmy content). Also theres the racheal client polls - yes they most likely won't be influential/impactful characters but still new characters. Also BD plans for WVM to be 5-7 year development project so plenty of time for characters to be introduced and fully develop.

Joey1264

Sep 29, 2020
Some of the renders on the minddrops show atleast possibility of i think around 5 new characters - mine and most peoples guess is the swimteam (so more kimmy content). Also theres the racheal client polls - yes they most likely won't be influential/impactful characters but still new characters. Also BD plans for WVM to be 5-7 year development project so plenty of time for characters to be introduced and fully develop.
True. You can water down a storyline really quick if the characters have no direct connection, just thrown in as padding.
No meaningful main characters - or genuine relationships ( 2 at least ) , forget it.

Belzeebub$

Cheat Or Not
Game Developer
May 18, 2020
Braindrop sorry for pinging, there is a bug/glitch im the game. The mother's name (biological mother, i.e. rmom)is not changing, I mean to say it is showing the default name instead of the name given by the player. Though in code it is the name as given by the player but when playing it changes to the default name.

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Braindrop sorry for pinging, there is a bug/glitch im the game. The mother's name (biological mother, i.e. rmom)is not changing, I mean to say it is showing the default name instead of the name given by the player. Though in code it is the name as given by the player but when playing it changes to the default name.
I don't remember being able to change Wendy's name :unsure:

Antherak

Aug 20, 2020
If WVM wasn't a harem game , who would you choose as your main LI (If it is coach then you are my platonic soulmate)?...and name two more as side chicks.
Kimmy all the way, with a side of Mabel and Elizabeth.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019

(Image from Bailey's redone scene in Day 9 that hasn't been implemented yet)

First off, sorry for the late post. I meant to have this up way sooner in the day but I wasn't at home and I have a new phone that I haven't moved my authenticator over to yet so I couldn't log into my account.

I promised the next beta to be on the 30th and I promised that it absolutely wouldn't move again as it's already been slid back a number of times. And unfortunately I have to break that promise.
I won't go too far into why I can't yet solely because I don't want things to come off as nothing but excuses and also because it's a lot to explain.
Simply put, I'm new to the whole dad thing and I severely underestimated the struggle of the first holiday season with a newborn.
I have pretty bad anxiety and I've felt like I've been right on the edge of a few panic attacks. The weight of dealing with a baby, and my grandpa, and managing travel of a bunch of adults, and making sure they don't break quarantine, and dealing with those that do, and all of it while running on pretty much no sleep.

All of that to essentially say I am not ready to put out an update and I'm sorry. I wish I was, trust me.
My real life anxiety has a tendency to bleed into the game. I'm looking at the update right now and all I can think about is a million little things I want to change. (though I likely won't change much of anything. I know it's just the anxiety making me second guess everything.)
I tried buying myself time throughout this month and a half to where I'd hopefully be in a better spot mentally but after a few set backs... I'm really just not there yet. But I don't think I'm super far away.

I will be pausing pledges for this monthly cycle.
I gave reasons for why I didn't last month and while those things are still true, I'm not comfortable doing it 2 months in a row.
This might make me sound crazy but with where I am at this very moment, for my own mental health I'd rather say goodbye to 15 grand than push out this update.

Okay, so if not now, when?

Soon. I'm not going to put an exact date on it but I think I'll settle in much better after new years. I know the 3rd beta was supposed to be on the 6th and since the dates are colliding a bit I will either push it back a bit or just release them at the same time. I suppose it depends on when I release the next one.

So yeah, I'm really sorry for the bad news. Or to make it more festive I'm sorry for putting a piece of coal in your stocking.
2021 was not my best year but I think it went better than 2020 did. I hope to do better in 2022.

I hope you all had a good holiday season and I hope you all have a wonderful new years.
Normal post schedule will continue after the beta update is released.
Love you guys <3

portgasdluigi

Jul 24, 2021

(Image from Bailey's redone scene in Day 9 that hasn't been implemented yet)

First off, sorry for the late post. I meant to have this up way sooner in the day but I wasn't at home and I have a new phone that I haven't moved my authenticator over to yet so I couldn't log into my account.

I promised the next beta to be on the 30th and I promised that it absolutely wouldn't move again as it's already been slid back a number of times. And unfortunately I have to break that promise.
I won't go too far into why I can't yet solely because I don't want things to come off as nothing but excuses and also because it's a lot to explain.
Simply put, I'm new to the whole dad thing and I severely underestimated the struggle of the first holiday season with a newborn.
I have pretty bad anxiety and I've felt like I've been right on the edge of a few panic attacks. The weight of dealing with a baby, and my grandpa, and managing travel of a bunch of adults, and making sure they don't break quarantine, and dealing with those that do, and all of it while running on pretty much no sleep.

All of that to essentially say I am not ready to put out an update and I'm sorry. I wish I was, trust me.
My real life anxiety has a tendency to bleed into the game. I'm looking at the update right now and all I can think about is a million little things I want to change. (though I likely won't change much of anything. I know it's just the anxiety making me second guess everything.)
I tried buying myself time throughout this month and a half to where I'd hopefully be in a better spot mentally but after a few set backs... I'm really just not there yet. But I don't think I'm super far away.

I will be pausing pledges for this monthly cycle.
I gave reasons for why I didn't last month and while those things are still true, I'm not comfortable doing it 2 months in a row.
This might make me sound crazy but with where I am at this very moment, for my own mental health I'd rather say goodbye to 15 grand than push out this update.

Okay, so if not now, when?
Soon. I'm not going to put an exact date on it but I think I'll settle in much better after new years. I know the 3rd beta was supposed to be on the 6th and since the dates are colliding a bit I will either push it back a bit or just release them at the same time. I suppose it depends on when I release the next one.

So yeah, I'm really sorry for the bad news. Or to make it more festive I'm sorry for putting a piece of coal in your stocking.
2021 was not my best year but I think it went better than 2020 did. I hope to do better in 2022.

I hope you all had a good holiday season and I hope you all have a wonderful new years.
Normal post schedule will continue after the beta update is released.
Love you guys <3
I say this as a patron, I know this will upset a lot of people but I get it, holidays with grandparents, a newborn, and Covid. That's a lot to deal with. I'm sure the world will still be here when the beta comes out. I'd rather wait for BD to be prepared for it.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Hey man I am a Patron as well. I totally understand the mental health issues this is causing him. One of the things I love about BD is he is always thinking of his supporters first. He pauses pledges when issues like this come up. I respect him as a person and a developer. If you support him and feel this is not fair you don't have to support him no one is forcing you or anyone to support any developers. Most people support to help the developer so they can show an appreciation of their work.

Take the time you need BD, most of us can wait until you are ready to release your next beta or full update.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
Just curious is this in the beta version or the last full update? If it is in the beta, I know BD said there might be some issues with the older content. However if this was in the prior update could you share some screen shots, of the issue? I can report them on the discord. I don't change the names of the few characters we get the option to so I have not seen this before.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Belzeebub$
3.70 star(s) 642 Votes