Tavi13

Feb 1, 2021
I guess for some people, however, they have a different view of where those parameters should be. Some people like their fantasies grittier, the characters closer to the flawed people they see in real life. Possibly so that it's easier to imagine it happening in reality? I'm not sure as this isn't my preference.
I'm the opposite of you; I love the more 'realistic' fantasy/sci-fi stories/games/show/etc, especially when the MC/Main characters have particularly dark pasts that they are growing away from. Easier for me to relate to and understand I guess.
I get what the op was talking about though. As much as I love the "perfect-world, feel-good" stories, and I do enjoy them, a lot of times that break from reality is just what I am looking for, most times the immersion factor just isn't there.

Despite that, I think the bigger issue is when those parameters shift in the middle of the story. If this had started as "super spaceman gets all the alien chicks" game no one would bat an eye at Charles being an alien, doing it now would sink the story. Hell; something as simple as making him a bookie for the mob could screw with the story.
Thats why people get so twisted (and so many....debates....start in the comment sections around here) when surprise kinks are added to these types of games; even when it does fit with the story, it isn't what they signed up for.

and shoot lasers from his eyes
Pretty sure that ISN'T the body part that our hero SuperStud is going to be shooting lasers from....:oops:

• Haha
Reactions: MrLKX

PrimeGuy

Dec 16, 2019
Despite that, I think the bigger issue is when those parameters shift in the middle of the story. If this had started as "super spaceman gets all the alien chicks" game no one would bat an eye at Charles being an alien, doing it now would sink the story. Hell; something as simple as making him a bookie for the mob could screw with the story.
Thats why people get so twisted (and so many....debates....start in the comment sections around here) when surprise kinks are added to these types of games; even when it does fit with the story, it isn't what they signed up for.
I couldn't agree more. Internal consistency with the world/story is probably the most important type of "realism" in any creative writing.

Pretty sure that ISN'T the body part that our hero SuperStud is going to be shooting lasers from....:oops:
Fair, but doesn't that just help my point, that it's even more outlandish? ;)

MadMax68

Feb 9, 2021

I'm calling a mulligan on the bone structure poll that was planned because I'm looking over the options I made and it's too many small changes that I don't think should be made at once. Some things are too hard to notice in the format that I can show here.

I didn't want to do individual features of her face but I think that's the route that's required.

But, since I don't have those made and I'm hard at work on finishing the update, I don't want to pull myself away to make any more of those right now.
So this time around we'll be choosing her height.

(For reference Jamie is 5'6". The MC is 6'5")

5'2" / 158cm tall11 %
5'5" / 165cm tall4 %
5'8" / 173cm tall24 %
5'11" / 181 cm tall13 %
6'2" / 188 cm tall49 %
(566 Votes)
Looks like we have a black metal valkyrie coming up!

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019

NAMD1.png

Yo, I'm saving MD #43 for right before the update since it's my favorite number.
So besides everything but the title this will be a normal mind drop.

Renders made this prior week:
New - 75 renders and 0 animations
Weeks 1-3 redo - 61 renders and 1 animation
Renders per day - 19.4 (Ever so slightly missed my 20 a day goal but I'm still happy with it since it was a weird week and I didn't get to work for like a day and a half.)

What's left for the update?
Not much left, one more scene left to make and a few select renders that need to be remade and just a handful of images still need edited.
When that's finished I'll do my own cycle of bug testing and like always I'll tweak a few things here and there then it will be sent to testers. When all of that is finished it will be uploaded and released.

So when can we expect it?

Early-Mid March depending on if there are any issues that need to be fixed.

Weeks 1-3 redo:
I was asked a good question in the last MD that I want to include in here.
With the redo coming in probably a year from now, you will have to start over.
I know how frustrating that can be, especially since WVM is quite a long game and we'll be even further along before the redo. So I will be including an option at the start of the game that will just ask you all of the big choices and skip everything else so you can quickly return from where you left off.
With that being said though, all of the renders and animations will be redone as well as some of the story so I highly recommend playing through it. Both to see all the hard work that was put into it as well as to not be confused when certain things are different.

Other Stuff:

"Monthly render set" should be released sometime before the end of March
(Due to the weird week I haven't been able to finish the set. I've also obviously been prioritizing the update over it so I don't want to give a hard date but it should be by the 31st.)
The set will be the set I said I'd make a long time ago. "A day in the life of Natalie and Harper"
(The "What will the girls get up to during the MC's first away game" will be the set for April.)

Short and sweet (Not a) Mind Drop. I hope to have positive news next week about the update.
I also want to get this update out so I can play Elden Ring for a day or two.
I hope all of you are staying safe and I hope you all have great weeks.
As always, thank you guys so much for everything.
Talk to you soon, love you guys <3

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019

View attachment 1674017

Yo, I'm saving MD #43 for right before the update since it's my favorite number.

Renders per day - 19.4 (Ever so slightly missed my 20 a day goal but I'm still happy with it since it was a weird week and I didn't get to work for like a day and a half.)

Not much left, one more scene left to make and a few select renders that need to be remade and just a handful of images still need edited.
When that's finished I'll do my own cycle of bug testing and like always I'll tweak a few things here and there then it will be sent to testers. When all of that is finished it will be uploaded and released.

Weeks 1-3 redo:
I know how frustrating that can be, especially since WVM is quite a long game and we'll be even further along before the redo. So I will be including an option at the start of the game that will just ask you all of the big choices and skip everything else so you can quickly return from where you left off.
With that being said though, all of the renders and animations will be redone as well as some of the story so I highly recommend playing through it. Both to see all the hard work that was put into it as well as to not be confused when certain things are different.

Other Stuff:
(Due to the weird week I haven't been able to finish the set. I've also obviously been prioritizing the update over it so I don't want to give a hard date but it should be by the 31st.)
The set will be the set I said I'd make a long time ago. "A day in the life of Natalie and Harper"
(The "What will the girls get up to during the MC's first away game" will be the set for April.)

Short and sweet (Not a) Mind Drop. I hope to have positive news next week about the update.
Thanks for the share here! I'm starting to get excited:)

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019

View attachment 1674017

Weeks 1-3 redo:

Other Stuff:

Thank you so much for the news you shared Bøb69 , I'm really excited to see what will happen. :)

Havoc_313

May 22, 2017
I already planning to start over again from scratch. Since BD been reworking week 1. I may just sit back and wait for the release as well for week 1 re-work.

Thanks for relaying the mind-drop message.

Have a great day and be safe... (y)
I don't think I'll completely wait for the re-work because I enjoy this story to much but I will pace myself, so it doesn't all become repetitive to me. i look forward to starting over once the rework is done later this year.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
As much excited I am for the next days, I'm quite excited by the rework. There were a few gaping holes in Shauna's story that I am very interested in. The prospect of Skye joining the "Girlfriend Coalition", the pipe dream of Kimmy and Penny in french maids attires while cleaning (please tell me it is so), the 1st game, hopefully a decisive victory to calm Harper's nerves and give a boost of confidence for the whole team. Seeing Natalie and Emiko cheering along with the rest of the squad... hmmm... I may not get everything I want, but I will surely appreciate everything I get...

Now, you all can proceed to tell me how wrong I am about all of this... I'll be waiting.

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
And here's an interesting question: on the evening walk between Ethan and Azel, while Azel is briefly on the toilet, Ethan briefly hears noises. Was it ever clarified who or what that was?

My suspects:

a) Willow, who is sleepwalking.
b) Ethan's mother
c) One of Ryker's henchmen keeping an eye on Ethan.
d) A squirrel.

FatGiant

Forum Fanatic
Jan 7, 2022
And here's an interesting question: on the evening walk between Ethan and Azel, while Azel is briefly on the toilet, Ethan briefly hears noises. Was it ever clarified who or what that was?

My suspects:

b) Ethan's mother
d) A squirrel.
I believe it's Damien. So, option c)

LorgarAurelian

Dec 31, 2020

My suspects:

b) Ethan's mother
d) A squirrel.
Don't think it was, so I'm going to guess option b or d.

3.70 star(s) 639 Votes