Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
All of the wonderful babes in this game are no joke, mind you!
They want you and they want you now.
How bout you stop the rants about dilly dally nonsense and game you some arduous bombshells!

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019

1786AE27-35BE-47E2-9E8F-AB8169B70E63.png

Yo!
I'm going to keep this (Not a) Mind Drop short and sweet this week since there's some important stuff about the update to share.

Renders made this prior week:
New - 109 renders and 0 animations
Weeks 1-3 redo - 42 renders and 0 animations
Renders per day - 21.5 (Hit the 20/day goal even though I wasn't able to work yesterday so I'm very happy with this week.)

What's left for the update?
Scenes are all made(except for 1-2 tiny ones that will be new additions), I still have some touch ups and ones to re-render but nothing major at all.
I had a minor set back, I admittedly was being very careless and spent a solid hour touching up parts of the script and forgot to save at any point... and for the first time ever my atom (program I use to write the script) hard crashed out of nowhere.
I have a progress driven brain so setbacks like that absolutely tilt the fuck out of me.

And atop of that, I have decided to spread some of the scenes out throughout the days since Day 10 was a little bloated comparatively. I also wanted Day 10 to mostly be about the exhibition game.
(Doesn't require a huge chunk of time. I do have to make 1 or 2 tiny scenes just to give more context to certain parts and a few transition renders but nothing crazy... and I have to change around some of the dialogue but once again, nothing crazy.)
I originally said I would probably wait to make the timeline change later on around the time the redo would drop... but the reality is, I think it makes the update better and that means I should just do it. This update has taken forever for many reasons and I just want it out but I'm not going to push out something I know can be better. Not perfect, but better.

So when can we expect it?
It's at least a week away... maybe two if it takes a little longer than I expect it to.
My early run through bug test went well so I don't anticipate any issues there that will slow anything down. It's mostly just going through and finishing the touch ups in renders and script and make the changes I want to make to the timeline.
So yeah a week to two weeks.

I'm going to go ghost until the update.
I will be silent for just a tiny bit until I have the update finished just so I can solely focus on it. I'll have Mind Drop #43 1-2 days before the update will be out.
I will update if there are any setbacks that would push it towards the end of March but I do not anticipate having to do that.
So no news is good news for the next little bit.

Going to wrap it up there.
Seriously, thank you guys for the patience. I'm feeling good about the update itself and I hope you'll all enjoy it when it is out here soon.
And as always, thank you all so much for everything.
I'm going to go get to work, peace out dudes and have a good week.
Love you guys <3

MrLKX

Jan 12, 2021
I'm currently replaying WVM to remind myself of a few things, and in fact I had the following train of thought during the conversation between Ethan and Willow (on why their father only took him but not her). Willow doesn't know herself either, but suspects that it has something to do with "sons belong to their fathers". I have a different guess, and it's not really flattering to the father.

Both had some inclination or talent for sports fairly early on (volleyball for Willow and basketball for Ethan). We don't know how talented they were at the time they were separated, but I think it's fair to assume that both at least showed potential.

A potential thesis would be that the father had hopes that an athletic career for the siblings could fund his retirement. By Willow having a leg injury it was doubtful that she could continue to pursue an athletic career. Consequently, the father then took the last child who could develop her full potential and took him under his wing.

This situation can be spun even further: It is likely that Willow would have incurred further medical costs, late effects due to the accident. We do not know his financial situation, so we have to ask: Was the father unable or unwilling to support his daughter? Given the situation, we probably all agree that none of the answers are really satisfactory.

Uncle Loco

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Apr 28, 2020
I'm currently replaying WVM to remind myself of a few things, and in fact I had the following train of thought during the conversation between Ethan and Willow (on why their father only took him but not her). Willow doesn't know herself either, but suspects that it has something to do with "sons belong to their fathers". I have a different guess, and it's not really flattering to the father.

Both had some inclination or talent for sports fairly early on (volleyball for Willow and basketball for Ethan). We don't know how talented they were at the time they were separated, but I think it's fair to assume that both at least showed potential.

A potential thesis would be that the father had hopes that an athletic career for the siblings could fund his retirement. By Willow having a leg injury it was doubtful that she could continue to pursue an athletic career. Consequently, the father then took the last child who could develop her full potential and took him under his wing.

This situation can be spun even further: It is likely that Willow would have incurred further medical costs, late effects due to the accident. We do not know his financial situation, so we have to ask: Was the father unable or unwilling to support his daughter? Given the situation, we probably all agree that none of the answers are really satisfactory.
At the time of separation the MC was just learning basketball, and I believe Willow learned volleyball later too but her injury held her back from her full potential. Also the MC only learned basketball so he could play with his friend Stacy at the park, and I don't think he excelled at it until after he was with Azel full time.

As for the Father he was a drunk asshole that beat his wife, not sure what else to say about a person like that. He was a coward and ran away with his son under the impression that boys should be with boys, and abandoned his wife and daughter. It seems like the MC either suppressed his memories of his mom and sister or it was possible he was in the car accident with his father when his father died and suffers from some sort of memory loss. It is really hard to say for sure about this since there is a week 1 re-work in the works and it is possible we still get additional information on the MC early life from it.

My personal theory is the MC father was in a car accident with Ryker and Katie's parents, and he is the cause of their death. This could explain why Ryker has an issue with the MC.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Well .. there are some 1 on 1 discussions and MC is the patsy/puppet on a string to net some guys millions
by not playing, not competing, just hanging low in the team for 1 year and then dissapear.

Guess Harp is so fantastic MC cannot just take such nonsence as a way to live confy and here we are.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
It seems like the MC either suppressed his memories of his mom and sister or it was possible he was in the car accident with his father when his father died and suffers from some sort of memory loss. It is really hard to say for sure about this since there is a week 1 re-work in the works and it is possible we still get additional information on the MC early life from it.
I'm pretty sure we know that he was in the car with his father, didn't we learn that in day 9?
My personal theory is the MC father was in a car accident with Ryker and Katie's parents, and he is the cause of their death. This could explain why Ryker has an issue with the MC.
I think that's pretty unlikely, since when his father took him away he took him from Chicago to Pennsylvania, which is presumably where the accident happened. It's not impossible, but Ryker and Katie's parents would have been a long way away from home.

Reactions: Knight_of_the_lance

Boehser Onkel

Forum Fanatic
Modder
Feb 20, 2021
i know its a good game

question : is it worth playing this update?
waiting for ages for a update and the changelog says like 208 renders ...

KeShane

Jun 3, 2020
So... How long is it going to stay in beta?
I even wonder why beta is even released....
as the developper could change things that where in beta...
Thats why we shouldn't save the game...

And just for that very reason, i don't intend to play beta...
just to mention something about Beta stage...
Beta is Post release stage, where you finish some details and fix things... and shouldn't be this long ? :unsure::BootyTime:

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
i know its a good game

question : is it worth playing this update?
waiting for ages for a update and the changelog says like 208 renders ...
The last update was only a Beta sneak peak of the next update, that will come out in ~2 weeks, so just wait for that.

So... How long is it going to stay in beta?
I even wonder why beta is even released....
as the developper could change things that where in beta...
Thats why we shouldn't save the game...

And just for that very reason, i don't intend to play beta...
just to mention something about Beta stage...
Beta is Post release stage, where you finish some details and fix things... and shouldn't be this long ? :unsure::BootyTime:
The last update was a Beta, so the 208 renders, the ones before that are finished (if we don't count the week 1 redo).
He released the Beta, because he wanted to put things out for the Patreons, after he switched is release cycle from 1.5/2 months to "when it's done" but with way more renders.

KeShane

Jun 3, 2020
The last update was only a Beta sneak peak of the next update, that will come out in ~2 weeks, so just wait for that.

The last update was a Beta, so the 208 renders, the ones before that are finished (if we don't count the week 1 redo).
He released the Beta, because he wanted to put things out for the Patreons, after he switched is release cycle from 1.5/2 months to "when it's done" but with way more renders.
Good point, but still beta should only be released to testers.
personal opinion:
I rather have nothing untill beta stage is finished.
So save file will be save to play too.

Not trying to be negative here. just stating a point about this long running beta....

3.70 star(s) 639 Votes