Asmodeus34

Feb 8, 2022
This current poll maybe interest some people:

Apologies for double posting on the same day. I do my best to avoid that since I hate spamming emails.
But I am planning out my schedule for the year ahead of time and was curious as to how you guys prefer your update patterns?

(Renders are just images in the game. So 200 renders is 200 separate images in the game.)

(I would add more options in between but I don't think they're very feasible and I don't want to dilute the poll)
(Poll doesn't decide for me. I'm just gauging my community's opinion though I may choose differently.)

One or two 200-300-ish render updates a month (Sometimes Bi-weekly, sometimes monthly)7 %
One 400-ish render update a month (1 update a month)30 %
Full update whenever it's ready (Likely 1000+ renders whenever I'm finished with it. approx. 2-3 months inbetween)63 %

(1006 votes]
It wasn't like the poll was unanimous
It wasn't like the poll was even fucking close.

jaw1986baby

Chasing Redhead sm0ls
Donor
Jun 2, 2017
Maybe it's just an American thing, but voting doesn't have to be close. People vote, people count votes a winner is announced. Doesn't matter if it's a landslide or by one

Unless a majority is needed, which in this case it wasn't so...
Well no a majority wasn't needed but Boy was it ever achieved.

3 choices given and the winner got 63% on Patre-shitfuk-on and 65% on SubStar

That is a resounding mandate

PEACE

csmk14

Mar 12, 2020
Waiting 2 or 3 three months is totally acceptable, the problem is when there are more and more delays and from 2-3 months the wait become half a year. In short i don't care if need to wait 1 or 3 months but it has to be consistent.
2-3 months was his hope, not a guarentee!, the vast majority of paterons said release when finished, as they didn't feel he should rush just for the sake of meeting a deadline, something he used to do and it was hurting him mentally, and the majority don't want that!

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
I am not a financial supporter, but i do support the game by having it on the signature and such.

Not going to lie, i think the patreons voted the wrong choice in the poll, these long delays hurt the game more than smaller but quicker updates.

But of course, i will accept what those financially supporting the game decided and patiently wait.

Reactions: Abhishek_tanwar

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
I am not a financial supporter, but i do support the game by having it on the signature and such.

Not going to lie, i think the patreons voted the wrong choice in the poll, these long delays hurt the game more than smaller but quicker updates.

But of course, i will accept what those financially supporting the game decided and patiently wait.
First of all it doesn't matter if the "delays" hurt the game, if BD gets to keep his sanity. And second, the poll was not a choice, it was never binding, BD just wanted to know what Patreons think, so even if the vote was other way around, it would likely not change a thing.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
First of all it doesn't matter if the "delays" hurt the game, if BD gets to keep his sanity. And second, the poll was not a choice, it was never binding, BD just wanted to know what Patreons think, so even if the vote was other way around, it would likely not change a thing.
What does releasing smaller updates more frequently rather than bigger updates less frequently has to do with BD keeping his sanity? I am not saying he should work more hours or faster, i am saying that releasing the same amount of content in smaller updates more frequently would have probably been better.

Maybe you should read carefully before attacking anyone commenting on this issue

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
What does releasing smaller updates more frequently rather than bigger updates less frequently has to do with BD keeping his sanity? I am not saying he should work more hours or faster, i am saying that releasing the same amount of content in smaller updates more frequently would have probably been better.

Maybe you should read carefully before attacking anyone commenting on this issue
He said (some sort of) it was hurting him mentally, I can't remember exactly what and I am to lazy to search in the Mind drops.

It has nothing to do with "working more hours or faster", it was not the amount of work that was the problem.

Maybe YOU should check out the Mind Drops (I read all and post them here), to see what Braindrop himself said.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
He said (some sort of) it was hurting him mentally, I can't remember exactly what and I am to lazy to search in the Mind drops.

It has nothing to do with "working more hours or faster", it was not the amount of work that was the problem.

Maybe YOU should check out the Mind Drops (I read all and post them here), to see what Braindrop himself said.
I read all the mind drops when they come out, and from what i can remember, it was mostly reaching the deadlines that was hurting him.

I cant see any reason why releasing the same amount of content, just in smaller updates, without ever giving a deadline, would cause an issue. For example, instead of 4 days at once, releasing each day when its finished, without deadlines, taking the time it takes.

I think he wasnt sure what was the best option, even if he had a preferred one, and thats why he asked for feedback from his supporters, and i think his supporters gave him the wrong feedback.

But again, i have been, and will continue to, patiently wait for it

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
I read all the mind drops when they come out, and from what i can remember, it was mostly reaching the deadlines that was hurting him.

I cant see any reason why releasing the same amount of content, just in smaller updates, without ever giving a deadline, would cause an issue. For example, instead of 4 days at once, releasing each day when its finished, without deadlines, taking the time it takes.

I think he wasnt sure what was best, and thats why he asked for feedback from his supporters, and i think his supporters gave him the wrong feedback.

But again, i have been, and will continue to, patiently wait for it
Well I thought about it and yeah, it was not the amount that was the problem, it was his perfectionism and the pressure. And well he had the 20 Render/day goal for quite a while now.

Well he made it clear that the poll doesn't decide it for him. Not sure how it could be the wrong feedback if its what the supporters prefer. It was 67% that is pretty clear to me.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Well I thought about it and yeah, it was not the amount that was the problem, it was his perfectionism and the pressure. And well he had the 20 Render/day goal for quite a while now.

Well he made it clear that the poll doesn't decide it for him. Not sure how it could be the wrong feedback if its what the supporters prefer. It was 67% that is pretty clear to me.
It was the clear mayority, never said the opposite, i said i think, in my opinion that could easily be wrong, that these long delays hurt the projects.

Its the same opinion i have on Radiant for example. And again, its not about the amount of content.

Anyway, i think this is the last post i will make about the subject, because honestly i dont have anything else to say about it

RegAdd

Jan 25, 2022
BTW who will play in the first game?Didn't we need a team of at least 8 people?
Probably not a requirement for an exhibition game since the winner officially doesn't matter. Regular season competition would enforce team roster minimums to allow for substitutions.

ZeroTao

Feb 15, 2019
juan palote
Its been a few years since BD brought up the issue with his mental health. And its been a few years since most of us told him that we would rather wait a long time for an update, than having BD overwork himself which might affect his mental health. This was an issue that was already discussed when the first problem surfaced.

The problem with short updates is, that people are going to ask for more and more which is a problem on itself. Due to the fact that they are going to get annoyed for not getting constant updates.

When BD said he is going to make a schedule for every 1st Thursday of the new month for the full day release of an update, issues had arisen at home which took a toll on him. And to make matters worse supporters started to yap like spoiled children about BD not keeping to his schedule. That is when we told him to take time for himself and complete the update when he is ready to do so. And that is why he takes time to release it.

Besides, in the end it all ends up with BD himself. He must decide what to do in the end. I still believe he should take his time with the updates. Worry about himself before he worries about deadlines and whatnots.

Aug 14, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised if WVM got a couple transfer players before the season officially starts. Maybe another star player who wants to play with the MC. Would be interesting to see how the MC reacts to not being the only big fish in the pond.

3.70 star(s) 639 Votes