armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
To be honest I don't think it hurts the game much at all. Same thing has happened with summertime saga. They use to release monthly up dates now it seems like we get one or two updates a year and I still think it is one of the top rated games. So wither we get an WVM update once every few weeks or every 8 months. People are still supporting it and be back to download and play it as soon as it drops. I am sure there are many people that wish we would get an update every few weeks. It goes to show how many people really like the game. If we are being honest people getting upset about the update being so long is because we are selfish. We want more and we want more as fast as possible. I'll be honest it has kind of annoyed me when games start going long time between updates, but now I just try not to worry about it. I try not think about the game until I see it on the latest update page and just hope and pray that when one drops. The content is good and length feels good for the delay. Now I am more annoyed when I get an update to a game and its been months and the content is short.

That just my opinion, everyone is free to have their own. Just giving my own point of view is all. Not trying to change minds.
STS was even with weekly updates at the start.But only for a month or two.And the game had way less content compared to WVM in his first 2 months.

StantheMan69

Aug 10, 2017
STS was even with weekly updates at the start.But only for a month or two.And the game had way less content compared to WVM in his first 2 months.
Oh I know, WVM has had a lot more content. I think this game is great and the content has always been good. I was just stating that it seems like the makers of most game end up going longer between updates. It just seem to happen and not much people can do but to wait, but it makes it hard to wait. If you keep thinking about the game and wanting it the update. I have found it better and easier for me to just try not to not think or worry about the updates. Until I notice them on the latest update page. There are pros and cons to fast up dates. With fast updates its nice knowing that once you finish the update you don't have long until the next one. Though the fast update tend to be short and sweet. Where as with a longer wait you tend to get a lot more content. If you judge by the amount of content Braindrop normally has during one day in game. Than him waiting and giving an update with 4 or 5 days in game time to play. We should be getting a lot of content to play thru. It may suck to wait but at the same time the amount of game play we will get will be very nice. Thats why I just find it easier to try and forget about a game until I see the update out.

Last edited:

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
To be honest I don't think it hurts the game much at all. Same thing has happened with summertime saga. They use to release monthly up dates now it seems like we get one or two updates a year and I still think it is one of the top rated games. So wither we get an WVM update once every few weeks or every 8 months. People are still supporting it and be back to download and play it as soon as it drops. I am sure there are many people that wish we would get an update every few weeks. It goes to show how many people really like the game. If we are being honest people getting upset about the update being so long is because we are selfish. We want more and we want more as fast as possible. I'll be honest it has kind of annoyed me when games start going long time between updates, but now I just try not to worry about it. I try not think about the game until I see it on the latest update page and just hope and pray that when one drops. The content is good and length feels good for the delay. Now I am more annoyed when I get an update to a game and its been months and the content is short.

That just my opinion, everyone is free to have their own. Just giving my own point of view is all. Not trying to change minds.
Again, its not about wanting more, its about not losing the hang of the story, which is why i think smaller more frequent updates, without increasing the speed of content and without giving deadlines (maybe the ones that keep saying the mental health issues and havent read my responses properly can finally get this part).

Again, it isnt about the AMOUNT of content, i am talking about delivering THE SAME AMOUNT.

I honestly just dont even remember some of the characters, or details on the story, and your players having to repeat the whole game on every patch is a bit overkill.

Meanwhile, with shorter and more frequent updates, you dont lose the hang of it.

That is why i think it hurts the project. I dont play Summertime Saga, so i dont know about it. Maybe the story there isnt as important, or maybe it does have the same issue, i dont know

Anyway, its just my opinion, it might be the case that i am completely wrong too, it just that in my case, i know i already forgot a lot of the story/characters and i will have to replay the game to frefresh it before i play the patch (probably will do it in the next few days), i will do it, but i dont know if everyone would

Reactions: Cernunnos.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Again, its not about wanting more, its about not losing the hang of the story, which is why i think smaller more frequent updates, without increasing the speed of content and without giving deadlines (maybe the ones that keep saying the mental health issues and havent read my responses properly can finally get this part).

Again, it isnt about the AMOUNT of content, i am talking about delivering THE SAME AMOUNT.

I honestly just dont even remember some of the characters, or details on the story, and your players having to repeat the whole game on every patch is a bit overkill.

Meanwhile, with shorter and more frequent updates, you dont lose the hang of it.

That is why i think it hurts the project. I dont play Summertime Saga, so i dont know about it. Maybe the story there isnt as important, or maybe it does have the same issue, i dont know

Anyway, its just my opinion, it might be the case that i am completely wrong too, it just that in my case, i know i already forgot a lot of the story/characters and i will have to replay the game to frefresh it before i play the patch (probably will do it in the next few days), i will do it, but i dont know if everyone would
You do realise that smaller updates won't help you with not remembering some characters?
Because some girls still won't appear in the game for months of even a full year.

Reactions: Tavi13

Bev_

Nov 17, 2018

[...], it just that in my case, i know i already forgot a lot of the story/characters and i will have to replay the game to frefresh it before i play the patch (probably will do it in the next few days), i will do it, but i dont know if everyone would
Actually I like to replay the whole game every update, as long as there is a decent chunk of content at the end, thats why I prefer 2-4 updates/year over every month.
After a month I forget a lot anyway, but most importantly 15min of content is not enough to get drawn into the story and definitely isn't worth replaying the game. And without replaying, even with updates every week, I'd start forgetting some details from the past events.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
The problem with short updates is, that people are going to ask for more and more which is a problem on itself. Due to the fact that they are going to get annoyed for not getting constant updates.
You think that isn't going to also be a problem with big updates? 'Seven months and this is all we get? There should be more than this after so long!'

Sharingan33

Jul 3, 2017
2-3 months was his hope, not a guarentee!, the vast majority of paterons said release when finished, as they didn't feel he should rush just for the sake of meeting a deadline, something he used to do and it was hurting him mentally, and the majority don't want that!
I'm not saying he should work to death, what i've wanted to say is that he's lucky his patrons trust him so much and are still waiting for him. If he was working for a big company where you have a clear deadline he would have already been fired, you can't have excuses like "i'm mentally hurt" (personal experience unfortunately). Also this doesn't explain how a lot of other game developers can make it, maybe they're machines, gods or simply they have a better roadmap/game planning. I've followed this game since the beginning and i remember the quality and the realease dates of that time, now that he has a even more powerful PC that should render at the speed of light he always seems to have "problems". Maybe i'm wrong but it seems to me that he has lost the will to work in his project, i've played around 250-300 VN renpy games and i saw the downfall of a lot of developers and their story was pretty much like this one (i won't mention their name, you know who i'm referring to).

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
You do realise that smaller updates won't help you with not remembering some characters?
Because some girls still won't appear in the game for months of even a full year.
Yeah, because it refreshes what you already remember. I dont get lost in the story in the games with frequent, shorter updates. And i do get lost in the story in those with less frequent updates.

Hell, i didnt get lost with WVM ever before, and now i do find myself remembering very little

So i least for me, its how it works.

Reactions: Edrick23

csmk14

Mar 12, 2020
I'm not saying he should work to death, what i've wanted to say is that he's lucky his patrons trust him so much and are still waiting for him. If he was working for a big company where you have a clear deadline he would have already been fired, you can't have excuses like "i'm mentally hurt" (personal experience unfortunately). Also this doesn't explain how a lot of other game developers can make it, maybe they're machines, gods or simply they have a better roadmap/game planning. I've followed this game since the beginning and i remember the quality and the realease dates of that time, now that he has a even more powerful PC that should render at the speed of light he always seems to have "problems". Maybe i'm wrong but it seems to me that he has lost the will to work in his project, i've played around 250-300 VN renpy games and i saw the downfall of a lot of developers and their story was pretty much like this one (i won't mention their name, you know who i'm referring to).
That's the good thing about being your own boss!

As I am sure you recall he didn't make money for a good portion of the last few years unlike most devs who have taken as long or longer to do updates.

As a person who has followed him from the beginning as you say you know what he's gone through and how hard he works, so you either have forgotten are are claiming him to be liar, not trying accuse, just trying understand why you say he has lost the will to work on it when the mind drops state otherwise!

Also unlike a good number of devs BD works alone!

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
Well i do give the Dev some slack for his misfortunes he had for quite a long time

But have to say its been like what 4 months almost since the last beta dropped

And he postponed a few release dates since then

Maybe that 4 game day thing plan he made is a bad move

Would have been better if we at least gotten another beta or two in between those 4 months

But yeah lets hope this update wont take much longer

And lets hope its worth the wait

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
It's totally fascinating, seeing the 4 trolls always back typing the same things worded differently trying to get a rise out of us fanboys.

Seriously keep practice.

Comparing being a dev to a daily 9 to 5 is laughable and shows the disconnect of some people minds with reality.

Earned trust, Paused payments and full disclosure goes a long way to keeping your supporters loyal. Sadly it also inspires the little brained trolls to make the same ass arguments.

I'm pretty damn sure the update will hit and the fanboys and I will be sated and happy, while the idjits and trolls will find something to continue to be sour and salty...

Dylan741

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2019
It's totally fascinating, seeing the 4 trolls always back typing the same things worded differently trying to get a rise out of us fanboys.

Seriously keep practice.

Comparing being a dev to a daily 9 to 5 is laughable and shows the disconnect of some people minds with reality.

Earned trust, Paused payments and full disclosure goes a long way to keeping your supporters loyal. Sadly it also inspires the little brained trolls to make the same ass arguments.

I'm pretty damn sure the update will hit and the fanboys and I will be sated and happy, while the idjits and trolls will find something to continue to be sour and salty...
You can bet on it, better ignore them it's useless to even try to reason they will still continue with their rants regardless....

dunhill

May 3, 2017
Braindrop is making more now to support himself and his family, he should spend 10% of that to hire someone to do like 50% of the renders and coding etc etc and double check them, he'll still be writing the story and choosing the art direction etc etc... but i know he said that he wouldn't want this but maybe its time to reconsider..

StantheMan69

Aug 10, 2017

If remembering the characters is a problem, you can always replay the whole game. It is defiantly a good enough to play thru multiple times. That or with longer updates he could always add a recap of what's happened.

Reactions: csmk14

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Braindrop is making more now to support himself and his family, he should spend 10% of that to hire someone to do like 50% of the renders and coding etc etc and double check them, he'll still be writing the story and choosing the art direction etc etc... but i know he said that he wouldn't want this but maybe its time to reconsider..
Well as you said correctly, he don't want that. He said multiple times this will be his solo project and I doubt that will ever change.
If remembering the characters is a problem, you can always replay the whole game. It is defiantly a good enough to play thru multiple times. That or with longer updates he could always add a recap of what's happened.
A menu will be added to read about all the girls again ingame, don't know how much info will be given on the recent events though.

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
Could change once people are not really interested in a project that gets one big update per year and move on with their support.
Well it goes one for like 8 month like that and it seems he is now pretty stable in terms of patreons. And he was very open about it so if they wanted to unsub they had plenty of time.

MadMonk

May 26, 2017
ll it goes one for like 8 month like that and it seems he is now pretty stable in terms of patreons. And he was very open about it so if they wanted to unsub they had plenty of time.
Well it is the first updated that he makes, it was planned for longer updates with 2-3 months in between, and now it is going for 8 months with no update other than some smaller Beta updates.
We will see how stable those numbers are once the update drops (whenever that might be)
2-3 months for an update is perfectly fine, everything over that is not something I support anymore, but that is just my opinion.

Last edited:

RodrigoOSan

Apr 16, 2020
So... Jaime likes being cucked in the cheat path and there is no real bad consequence in this path, right?
Just to be sure, it's been a while since I played this VN

3.70 star(s) 639 Votes