Rindarion

Apr 26, 2019
I am more surprised that anyone is even surprised of another delay .. Since its been delayed for months on end

And just blame the poll for delaying it even further caus the voters again voted for longer wait times

People could have voted for a small update to come out 29th but a majority again voted for waiting even longer

But yeah it wouldnt surprise me if this game gets another set back around 2 july as its been a vicious cycle of deadline and delay and deadline and delay :ROFLMAO:
His votes are bullshit so i didn't even care, so i'm in the clear ;)

Reactions: michael1984

kcaldw

Feb 19, 2021
What gets me is he doesn't understand why so many people are pissed off at his decisions and lack of updates. Come on dude you know full well why people are pissed off. When you promise updates time and time again and then come up with delay after delay after delay people get tired of the BS. If you need to take a break from the game to get your health right and get your heart back into the game then do it. People will understand if you are straight up with them and explain that you are stepping away for your well being for awhile. But when you continue to come out with these updates are coming out soon and then the day of the update you give an excuse for another delay that's definitely going to get old and you should understand that. I get that you have mental demons. I am battling them myself. I have had combat related PTSD for awhile now so I know how those demons work. It's hard to talk to my family about the stuff I saw in Somalia Bosnia and Afghanistan and one of my sisters is a psychiatrist. But talking to people does help. I have good days and bad days but again when I feel bad I pick up the phone and I talk to my counselor or I'll call my sisters and talk about how I feel. They can't always be there for me but just talking about it helps as much as it can. But again if you need a break just take 1 people will understand just don't lead everyone on like you have been doing it's not good for anyone.

Rindarion

Apr 26, 2019
What I gathered from this: "Oh no, people are beginning to hold me accountable for the bullshit I've told them."

It seems as if in every post I see from him, he has to subtly try to gaslight, guilt trip, or outright blame everyone else for his collecting failures.

"Didn't intend to piss off so many people." - What exactly DID you intend to do, then? Are you so used to getting your way when you throw tantrums that you genuinely didn't expect this to happen over such a long period of time? There's only one person who put Braindrop into the position he's currently in: himself. This isn't the usual bullshit of F95 where a few weeks will go by since the last update and people are freaking out. This is a LONG time. Which, to be fair, if he had said back during the last update (not the DITLO trash) that it would be a long time until the next update, I could genuinely forgive him. But the fact he keeps stringing everyone along (next week, next few weeks, next month, 2k renders, this deadline, that deadline, 2 updates in June, on and on and on) just tells me it's complete bullshit, again, as per usual with him anymore. He's dangling the carrot in front of everyone, pulling it away as they get close, and now has the nerve to act surprised and upset when the people are getting angry about it. The gaslighting and manipulation is ridiculous.

"Genuinely just wanted to know how people wanted it to be done since it didn't matter to me." - What do you mean the update release method "didn't matter to you"? If it didn't matter, then where's the mythical 2k render update? If it didn't matter to you how or what was released, why not release the 2k render update, or the smaller ones before it? Oh right, they don't exist because you were busy digging more of a hole for yourself.

"I've been through a lot and have been battling some mental issues." - Yeah we know, you only talk about it literally every chance you get to remind everyone that you're attempting the biggest pity party for yourself. There's a fine line between talking about your issues and "crying wolf for attention" and you are certainly the latter.

"I carry around a lot of guilt since my best friend passed." - Wait, the best friend? I thought it was some kind of elder relative that he took care of, like a grandpa? Now suddenly it's the best friend? I'm genuinely worried for everyone else involved in his life, there's no telling when someone might "die" to be next week's excuse.

"I lowkey feel like giving up..." - LOWKEY? You take every opportunity you get to shift blame, make excuses, remind everyone just how tough it is for you, etc... This is the opposite of LOWKEY because you shove this bullshit down everyone's throat every chance you get. You can't "lowkey feel like giving up" when every post is some whiny, 16 year old on MySpace post looking to get everyone's pity and attention. Yet another manipulation tactic from him.

"...to be accused of so much really fucking kills it for me." - This line here is probably the single most important line of his post. He legitimately thinks he's the victim, he has done nothing wrong, and everyone is just OUT TO GET HIM. The reality is, people are finally holding him accountable for the lies and bullshit he keeps telling him and the manchild doesn't know how to react.

I normally don't post on this site but this used to be one of my absolute favorite games; he's making such a clown of himself, it's sad to see what this game has become and even sadder to see what Braindrop himself is still becoming. He should really rename himself to "Excusedrop" because that's just about all he does anymore anyway. At least, when he's not trying to gaslight you into thinking you did this to him or amassing the community's biggest pity party for himself.
I am fed up with his bullshit too but one thing that i feel i have to correct you on is that he DID lost his best friend to suicide (iirc) a year ago or so i think, and then his grandpa kicked the bucket earlier this year. I don't know why he never mentioned his grandpa in that pitypost but just thought you should know.

Reniere

Aug 5, 2019
I am fed up with his bullshit too but one thing that i feel i have to correct you on is that he DID lost his best friend to suicide (iirc) a year ago or so i think, and then his grandpa kicked the bucket earlier this year. I don't know why he never mentioned his grandpa in that pitypost but just thought you should know.
He has mentioned his grandpa and his bestfriend and his house flooding and getting married and becoming a father.. he has mentioned all of this... the problem is that he says one thing and then says another... WE all understand that, thats not the problem its the continuous "It's ready just fixing something here then ill release it" to "i feel its not perfect its driving me crazy i have to redo 2 renders" thats the problem its the whole I got you fam i got your back to then run away the moment shit happens. makes him look unreliable and makes him look like a liar. then doubts show up saying " hey maybe nobody passed maybe he's just milking" (i have seen these post) thats the problem and it gives ammo to people that are already fed up. Lets see if today he keeps his new promise he made in discord or will he break it again.

Rindarion

Apr 26, 2019
If toxic is people getting upset by the fact of being told a release it dropping on this day. Only to have it delayed time and again. Than yeah probably pretty darn toxic here.

I know it been said before people here don't pay for the game as they are pirating it and have no rights to be upset. I would agree except for the fact that people keep posting here release dates and then delaying them along with the excuses. If this is just a pirate site than why not no info and just update when the update drops. It kind of seems like it poking a bear with a stick. Sure it might ignore you, but at some point something going to happen.
Well i got a surprise for you. Some of the ppl complaining here actually DOES pay for the game. Sorry mr. white knight but your point is moot.

FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019
These are rounding problems that occur when, for example, nowhere is rounded up. In the case of the percentages you mentioned, the numbers after the point (or comma, depending on where you are) were not sufficiently taken into account and therefore the missing 1% occurs accordingly, which are absolutely irrelevant for the final result, because they are insignificant.
Anyone who knows a little about math here can deduct there are 4 votes here. 1 vote for A and 3 votes for B
This is the main issue, isnt it. The constant posts to say the next big update is just days away. Most other devs would never dream of making such an announcement unless it really was true, because they understand the reputational damage that would come if they didn't follow through.

The fact that there has still been nothing, and the big 2k update which was nearly finished 6 months ago still hasn't been posted, and whatever hes worked on up to now still hasn't been posted, the only logical answer is that... there isn't anything? Or yknow, not nearly anything as much as has been claimed - maybe he has a few hundred renders and some ideas scribbled down in a notepad... He has been making stuff up to generate hype and keep the patreons paying. Its the only logical answer. I'm sure his intentions are true, he intends to do the things he says but just hasn't and can't bring himself to admit it.

I wonder why he makes the claim that the update is ready to go, even when it isn't? Is it really just a spiral of perfectionism? A spiral of editing and re-editing and never being happy with the product? But if so, why claim its basically ready if hes still planning to rework it?

Its got to be about the money, I'm sorry but it just has to be. No one is this naive.
He is doing this for the money, he can make up excuses about why the game is being delay. Because of redo's and whatever. His supporters just see tits and ass and give him the longest leash in the world. Yet this update was supposed to be out in January. I read all his Brain drops. Luckily just because you delete some of the patreon posts, there is always a hardcopy laying around somewhere.

This time he said he would release whatever was available on the 29th. There was no mention of a pole when he made that promise. But he posted a pole nearly on the day of the release just to delay because his beloved patreons voted on it. Yet the pole might as well been fixed to give him a reason to delay once again. Instead of him being a man of his word. I just wonder if he is charging people for his excuses at this point. Because they are pretty long to read.

Now of course we are on a website that is well known for being Captain Jack Sparrow of adult games. The way I see it, this site does a lot of good for these adult creators then they realize or want to admit. I am betting that most of BD patreons come from this site alone. So, people need to get off their high horse about the freebee BS. I have supported a few devs here and even purchase some of the games on Steam. Another thing I want to mention is most of these games are not finish. They are wip or pretty much demos in my opinion. I don't mind supporting but with BD case, he is dragging his feet in cement and expecting everyone to put up with the load of bs that he keeps telling people over and over again.

Now July 1 is this Friday. A lot of people are going to be celebrating the 4th of July. I bet that BD makes another excuse to release it after the 4th because he wants to spend it with family etc. In any other circumstance I would be okay with it. But here he always seems to conjure some excuse to push it back.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
He has mentioned his grandpa and his bestfriend and his house flooding and getting married and becoming a father.. he has mentioned all of this... the problem is that he says one thing and then says another... WE all understand that, thats not the problem its the continuous "It's ready just fixing something here then ill release it" to "i feel its not perfect its driving me crazy i have to redo 2 renders" thats the problem its the whole I got you fam i got your back to then run away the moment shit happens. makes him look unreliable and makes him look like a liar. then doubts show up saying " hey maybe nobody passed maybe he's just milking" (i have seen these post) thats the problem and it gives ammo to people that are already fed up. Lets see if today he keeps his new promise he made in discord or will he break it again.
What you say is true enough. I think what most everyone has a problem with (whether they admit it or not) is his history of making promises and not delivering. They say there's a sucker born every minute. I doubt that he started out with an intent to rip anyone off. This guy runs his mouth too much. Plain and simple. It's his game, he can do what he wants and I could really care less. I admit I like the story and would like to see it continue. Just wish he would quit trying to blow smoke up my...

Last edited:

OctoSky

Jun 29, 2017
What you say is true enough. I think what most everyone has a problem with (whether they admit it or not) is his history of making promises and not delivering. They say there's a sucker born every minute. I doubt that he started out with an intent to rip anyone off. This guy runs his mouth too much. Plain and simple. It's his game, he can do what he wants and I could really care less. I admit I like the story and would like to see it continue. Just wish he would quit trying to blow smoke up my...
ass. You didn't finish the sentence.

NotTheReal16

May 18, 2018
I'm not being funny but this guy is self-employed. He makes his own deadlines.

He makes deadlines, then cancels on them. No one is forcing this guy to release statements like "I'm definitely definitely going to post two updates in June". Hes doing this to himself.

He would have known on MONDAY of this week that he wouldn't be able to deliver the update by FRIDAY of the same week. It doesn't take a genius to see that. Yet he STILL decided to release a statement saying that, yet again, the update is definitely definitely coming soon.

And implying that people are entitled becasue they expect you to deliver on your promises, and get mad when you don't, is gaslighting. Simple as. People are annoyed that this guy is yet again going back on his word with a dull excuse. No shit, sherlock.

BD needs to take time away from this game, and from social media/patreon/discord. I imagine he is stressed as fuck and probably having constant panics due to having to deliver bad news over and over again, hell I would be too. Stop over promising your fans and yourself. Step away. Turn off your patreon (if its just a hobby after all?), cancel subs indefinitely. Take responcibility for this shit.
Man you spittin facts

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
Anyone who knows a little about math here can deduct there are 4 votes here. 1 vote for A and 3 votes for B

He is doing this for the money, he can make up excuses about why the game is being delay. Because of redo's and whatever. His supporters just see tits and ass and give him the longest leash in the world. Yet this update was supposed to be out in January. I read all his Brain drops. Luckily just because you delete some of the patreon posts, there is always a hardcopy laying around somewhere.

This time he said he would release whatever was available on the 29th. There was no mention of a pole when he made that promise. But he posted a pole nearly on the day of the release just to delay because his beloved patreons voted on it. Yet the pole might as well been fixed to give him a reason to delay once again. Instead of him being a man of his word. I just wonder if he is charging people for his excuses at this point. Because they are pretty long to read.

Now of course we are on a website that is well known for being Captain Jack Sparrow of adult games. The way I see it, this site does a lot of good for these adult creators then they realize or want to admit. I am betting that most of BD patreons come from this site alone. So, people need to get off their high horse about the freebee BS. I have supported a few devs here and even purchase some of the games on Steam. Another thing I want to mention is most of these games are not finish. They are wip or pretty much demos in my opinion. I don't mind supporting but with BD case, he is dragging his feet in cement and expecting everyone to put up with the load of bs that he keeps telling people over and over again.

Now July 1 is this Friday. A lot of people are going to be celebrating the 4th of July. I bet that BD makes another excuse to release it after the 4th because he wants to spend it with family etc. In any other circumstance I would be okay with it. But here he always seems to conjure some excuse to push it back.
Poll, not pole

StantheMan69

Aug 10, 2017
Well i got a surprise for you. Some of the ppl complaining here actually DOES pay for the game. Sorry mr. white knight but your point is moot.
Maybe you should read the post I was replying to. Someone posted that they hope BD doesn't give any update cause here on these forums are some of the most toxic people they ever saw. (Their Words Not Mine)

I was replying back sarcastically that if being upset and feeling lied to makes people toxic. Which to mean doesn't make them toxic. Than a lot of people here would be toxic.

I wasn't white knighting for anyone and re-read my post I said and I quote "I know it been said before people here don't pay for the game as they are pirating it and have no rights to be upset. I WOULD agree EXCEPT for the fact that people keep posting here release dates and then delaying them along with the excuses.

That sounds to me like I am actually saying people have the right to be angry and distrustful of BD. Even if they do or do not pay for the game. Did you even read my whole post or just a few word from each sentence and get made and reply thinking I was calling people toxic and defending? If so you would be wrong.

Last edited:

FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019
Did I miss this time's sob story for the supposed release?
Yes he originally stated the game would be releasing today (today is the 29th right), yet yesterday he posted some poll to give his lovely patreons the option to release a bigger update on the first to the 3rd of July. I think the whole poll was hotwired to win in his favor. Probably with him providing the most votes to tip the scale.

Probably the vote started like they wanted the small update on the 29th and BD said "Oh hell no, vote for b, vote for b, vote for b. The Patreons have spoken"

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes