bluetack_man

Nov 25, 2016
I am not justify BD because I believe those that are upset and don't believe him and question him have every right to do so. That being said, I can understand having a tough time the last few years. We had a pandemic (I don't know if it was a bad as everyone made it out to be. Yet there were people that lost someone from covid and I sorry for their losses.) BD had deaths of people close to him. People hand thing differently, so who knows how it affected BD other than himself (if you believe him! A lot of trust and faith has been lose by being told the update only need a little more work and than get delay. This has happened multiple times now. After awhile it can seem like lies and pointless excuses to milk). I can only speak for myself, I am willing to say okay I believe him and say he isn't milking, but if life is tough right now and he isn't in a place to give put out regular updates. All I would ask is to stop setting date for the update to drop unless you are 100% sure it will drop or put the game on hold and get his life in order as much as one can. So he can come back strong and deliver some what regular updates.
I agree with you 100%.

For what its worth, I actually do believe his excuses (to an extent, the old "oops my meds aren't working" is probably BS). Like lots of people, I have poor mental health and I can absolutely relate to most things BD is saying. I believe that there were deaths in his life, and I believe these have affected him.

That said, he needs to stop the "update coming next week guys, I really promise this time" stuff. Its not doing him any good, and its absolutely killing his reputation/franchise.

Like I made a joking post the other day about how the big 2k update got split into 5 different ways, etc., but genuinely the stuff he has come up with as a solution is a joke. When you list back the things he has said its honestly comical. And its for those reasons that I'm frustrated, and others too in this thread I'm sure. If thats toxic, then I'm toxic.

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
At this point i actually would rather BD doesn't release anything. This community is the most toxic cesspool i have seen in a long time.
BD is probably less interested in what's going on here in the thread anyway, but slowly negative statements are now also piling up among his patrons. Giving up the social stuff might work for him, but right now it sounds more like: see nothing, hear nothing, say nothing to me.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
BD is probably less interested in what's going on here in the thread anyway, but slowly negative statements are now also piling up among his patrons. Giving up the social stuff might work for him, but right now it sounds more like: see nothing, hear nothing, say nothing to me.
The negativity is his own doing...
He could have avoided all that if he had just continued to work on the game with constant updates on a reasonable schedule.

Instead he went the ICSTOR or Dammed route. ---> Milky City = Dead; Radiant = 99.79% Dead.

Could have been avoided for all those games... but no... it wasn't meant to be.

Oct 22, 2017
I'm a Patron of BD, and for now, I don't think he's pretending, but has the images and is in a loop where he revisits his stuff and rearranges/reworks it again and again as he told us.
You can argue that that doesn't warrant being supported anymore, even if you believe in what he tells us, but he already delivered a lot and has proven to be trustworthy in the past, so for now for me it's a kind of sick-leave situation where I was willing to further support him for some time before pulling the plug.

But he still has (and from mentionings in his posts he was/is) to be aware of the 'atmosphere' out there. At some point giving new deadlines makes no sense anymore if every single one gets torn down.
And after saying he WILL release everything he has (finished at that point to his liking), he should just DO that, trying to get a foot in the door, showing he CAN hold a deadline and HAS something finished to restore faith and trust where he can, and also show himself that he can release something.

The poll and now being surprised there are people not liking that new change/delay seems either delusional or plain dumb.
Hopefully, he WILL go through with it now and then continue releasing those chunks until he has released everything there is, freeing himself from that baggage and showing us he was legit in his posts.

If those updates aren't coming now, I'll stop my support, until there are released at least a few of them.
Even with all sympathy, I have for him and my trusting in him, at some point you have to get back on your feet.

And like others said - if you make something your sole source of income, it stops being a hobby.
If it stops being something you like to do that's still bad though - no one wins if there is no heart/soul behind it anymore.

rudebeggar

Jun 4, 2017
After he got married and had a kid BD should have just made a blanket statement saying that real life has hit him like a truck and he wont be able to devote as much time to the game. Done and done. Maybe the Mrs. is pulling the strings now, lol..I have been married for more than 20 years and at the beginning I was her yes man lol. The rest sounds like a pile of crap to be honest, I have lost many close friends and family through the years but you have to put your big boy pants on and get on with life. I dont know this guy so everyone takes shit differently but he needs to stop blowing smoke up everyones asses. Just be honest, no more tall tales just man up and say " I just dont have the time"

jonnyd901

Aug 24, 2020
I can see the social issue being a big problem. I have played many online games once you get someone in the middle can cause even more problems. The amount of times I've seen them leave their role I've lost count one game was losing them every 3-6 months. This is due the fact they would get a response from the player base but very little from the devs. This leads to the person in the middle getting the hard time dealing with it all which usually ends up with them siding with the players and quiting the role only for someone else to take the place to start the cycle again. BD should just a breather go back to the mindrops with the renders and just develop it over time keep people hooked plenty of other games succeed at this WVM has definitely got the potential to do the same. Make people look forward to the release build it up but if he socially disconnects from it things will get worse and appears he's lost interest

StantheMan69

Aug 10, 2017
hahaha
so you're upset over something that the dev has no control over.. right.. makes sense.
hahahah
when did I ever say I am upset? I said if people are toxic because they are upset. I never said I was upset. The update will drop when it drops. That's how I look at it and I have stated multiple times I think that should be what is posted here. If anything needs to be posted here. As for what the dev has no control over. I don't remember blaming the dev for anything other than promising a update on this or that day only to delay multiple times. which it doesn't matter if the dev is posting it here or not. He still has control over that.

What the dev wouldn't have control over is if someone that gets his braindrops and then post them here. In that case it is whoever is posting them here would be to blamed for getting people here upset. Either way

jonnyd901

Aug 24, 2020
After he got married and had a kid BD should have just made a blanket statement saying that real life has hit him like a truck and he wont be able to devote as much time to the game. Done and done. Maybe the Mrs. is pulling the strings now, lol..I have been married for more than 20 years and at the beginning I was her yes man lol. The rest sounds like a pile of crap to be honest, I have lost many close friends and family through the years but you have to put your big boy pants on and get on with life. I dont know this guy so everyone takes shit differently but he needs to stop blowing smoke up everyones asses. Just be honest, no more tall tales just man up and say " I just dont have the time"
Well said I've had it rough the last 4 year. Lost my mother 1st, a few years ago my best friend went missing at the beach still hasn't been found to top it all off my eldest brother died on my birthday at the beginning of the year. They all hit me hard but like you said you've got to deal with it the best thing I could do was work it did help just to take your mind off it. But its not just me everyone has these problems it's life if you don't deal with it then it affects others around which make it worse

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021
Well, he did state that he had to become far less active here for his own mental health, so I assume he was pretty concerned with what was going on here.

jonnyd901

Aug 24, 2020
The negativity is his own doing...
He could have avoided all that if he had just continued to work on the game with constant updates on a reasonable schedule.

Instead he went the ICSTOR or Dammed route. ---> Milky City = Dead; Radiant = 99.79% Dead.

Could have been avoided for all those games... but no... it wasn't meant to be.
100% right plenty of other games like being a dik,artemis,AOA,leap of faith just to name a few have months between their updates some even close to half a year or more. Like you said they work on their games with updates,previews or renders every week to keep the fans interested. They won't even think about announcing an update till its ready that is working for them that's the only thing BD got to do he'll get the fans back behind him and feel better himself doing it at is own pace

Ozzfest

C.R.E.A.M.
Donor
Feb 20, 2020
Well, he did state that he had to become far less active here for his own mental health, so I assume he was pretty concerned with what was going on here.
I'm not sure about that part. This is not his patreon or discord where he kicks/block everyone who is pointing a finger. Even if looks toxic, people here complain for a reason. Scroll back a year ago... everyone is talking nice about the game (besides small trolls Ofc). Empty promises, that's what we see right now. Even if the game updates with 700 renders soon, the harm was done already.

Last edited:

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
Well, he came here and answered some comments (and with quite a positive attitude, may I say) just a few weeks ago, after one of these failed deadlines. This, of course, made some people to shut the fuck up or even backpedal in their criticism, because we are usually that brave :KEK:

StantheMan69

Aug 10, 2017
Honestly the whole pirate site arguement is a double edged sword.

However i agree fully that BD saying he could get 2 to 3 updatea out in June and we probably wont even see one is frustrating. I also agree that peiple deserve to be upset.

However i completely disagree that, that entitles people to spew their anger in the toxic ways we have been seeing. Is it everyone, no its not but there are a good amount of people being toxic arseholes.
If posting about doubting him or making jokes about June 29th or what year is what your are talking about as being toxic. That you have a way loser idea of what toxic is. If you're talking about name calling insulting or threats of violence than I can agree that is toxic and shouldn't be on here.

But for what I have been seeing it mostly just people displaying distrust in him delivering the update when he said he would and than pointing it out when he posted that he would not have it done by the end of the month and could break it up. Giving a small one at the end of the month. Then the rest the first week of July. Unless people would rather have it all in the first week of July. I probably haven't read every post, so there could be some that are toxic

bluetack_man

Nov 25, 2016
Like you said they work on their games with updates,previews or renders every week to keep the fans interested. They won't even think about announcing an update till its ready that is working for them that's the only thing BD got to do
This is the main issue, isnt it. The constant posts to say the next big update is just days away. Most other devs would never dream of making such an announcement unless it really was true, because they understand the reputational damage that would come if they didn't follow through.

The fact that there has still been nothing, and the big 2k update which was nearly finished 6 months ago still hasn't been posted, and whatever hes worked on up to now still hasn't been posted, the only logical answer is that... there isn't anything? Or yknow, not nearly anything as much as has been claimed - maybe he has a few hundred renders and some ideas scribbled down in a notepad... He has been making stuff up to generate hype and keep the patreons paying. Its the only logical answer. I'm sure his intentions are true, he intends to do the things he says but just hasn't and can't bring himself to admit it.

I wonder why he makes the claim that the update is ready to go, even when it isn't? Is it really just a spiral of perfectionism? A spiral of editing and re-editing and never being happy with the product? But if so, why claim its basically ready if hes still planning to rework it?

Its got to be about the money, I'm sorry but it just has to be. No one is this naive.

Last edited:

jonnyd901

Aug 24, 2020
I'm not sure about that part. This is not his patreon or discord where he kicks/block everyone who is pointing a finger. Even if looks toxic, people here complain for a reason. Scroll back a year ago... everyone is talking nice about the game (besides small trolls Ofc). Empty promises, that's what we see right now. Even if the game updates with 700 renders soon, the harm was done already.
Couldn't have said it better this might be a pirate site but still a very good form of free advertising which can bring you patrons but there is also the other side of coin which can turn people away. Future support for this could be in jeopardy if potential patrons see this on the forums everywhere it will be the case of wait and see before they throw money at it. Annoying fact is though how people would want to do it again incase of getting burned when there are plenty of good devs out there

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021
Which part aren't you sure about? His last post in this thread was stating that exact thing. Whether he somehow is aware of what is said here I can't confirm or deny however.

Ozzfest

C.R.E.A.M.
Donor
Feb 20, 2020
Which part aren't you sure about? His last post in this thread was stating that exact thing. Whether he somehow is aware of what is said here I can't confirm or deny however.
Just edited my post with a bigger font instead just bold text.

StantheMan69

Aug 10, 2017
I'm a Patron of BD, and for now, I don't think he's pretending, but has the images and is in a loop where he revisits his stuff and rearranges/reworks it again and again as he told us.
You can argue that that doesn't warrant being supported anymore, even if you believe in what he tells us, but he already delivered a lot and has proven to be trustworthy in the past, so for now for me it's a kind of sick-leave situation where I was willing to further support him for some time before pulling the plug.

But he still has (and from mentionings in his posts he was/is) to be aware of the 'atmosphere' out there. At some point giving new deadlines makes no sense anymore if every single one gets torn down.
And after saying he WILL release everything he has (finished at that point to his liking), he should just DO that, trying to get a foot in the door, showing he CAN hold a deadline and HAS something finished to restore faith and trust where he can, and also show himself that he can release something.

The poll and now being surprised there are people not liking that new change/delay seems either delusional or plain dumb.
Hopefully, he WILL go through with it now and then continue releasing those chunks until he has released everything there is, freeing himself from that baggage and showing us he was legit in his posts.

If those updates aren't coming now, I'll stop my support, until there are released at least a few of them.
Even with all sympathy, I have for him and my trusting in him, at some point you have to get back on your feet.

And like others said - if you make something your sole source of income, it stops being a hobby.
If it stops being something you like to do that's still bad though - no one wins if there is no heart/soul behind it anymore.
I agree that he should enjoy making the game and I hope he can get back to that at some point. I just feel he is making it harder on himself saying he going to have an update on on this or that day and than delaying like he has been. Just let people know your working on it and it will be out when its out.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes