NotTheReal16

May 18, 2018
What a shocking news. Another excuse another delay. Same old shit happening again. Its not dejavu anymore it's more like a loop.

And he's saying it's hobby. You don't get paid when u're doing your own hobby. Its more than hobby and it's your job. Act like it. Patreon and facepalmer squad acting like harem and treating him like Jacob.

More than 6 months passed the actual deadline. Couple times postponed again and again. Guess what probably gonna postpone AGAIN.

Time to let go this game for me. Probably dev too.
Ikr man I’m tired with the excuses just release something

btrain33

Dec 29, 2018
Anyone else getting the "invalid cert authority" error with all the download links? Every download link is giving me this error, even in multiple browsers. Does anyone know how to fix it?

Coochiesurgeon

Dec 23, 2021
Been following this thread like a soap opera for months now and it never dissapoints, Idk but the enjoyment i get coming back to the thread on the illusive ''deadlines'' just to see a massive wall of excuses from the dev and the further dissapointment of the commenters may be more entertaining than an actual release lol

May 18, 2022
It's June 29 (for most), meaning it's time for our favorite coach birthday & her moment in the spotlight. Someone we're all looking forward to seeing more of, both in and off the court and in and out of her uniform ;).

Happy Birthday Harper!
View attachment 1895928
Finally a post worthy of this thread. She is the best.

Last edited by a moderator:

PhazeUFO

Sep 28, 2021
Having raised teenagers, BD keeps using the "one more chance" game.

Teenagers wait until the last minute to do any work because they think they will be able to finesse the problem on the night before the test is due. The magic Genie never comes though.
Too be fair, they do that because they usually do get it done in time. It's when you get older that you realize staying up for 23-24 hours to painfully rush something only to repeat next week is a stupid idea.

ShepardWrex11

Jan 12, 2018
Dang, man.

I still think the WVM we've gotten so far is of enough quality to call it the best game on this website, but man has it spiralled.

Especially because it's BD's first game, he really should have tried to keep it simple. The same amazing quality of renders he was making, but with a focused core of girls so the plotlines and timing don't go wild. It went from a sports star's harem to a full ass cult leader with what feels like dozens of girls working for him and living in his compound. The core relationships with the core group of girls (shout out best girl Zoe) was so good, and the plot was suprisingly relatively believable at first. Instead, he added girl after girl and animations to boot. From a player's perspective, animations are never worth the time in development it takes for developers to learn how to make them and to make them. Would much rather just have the renders and I'll fill in the blanks myself mentally.

I want to believe BD and take his at his word, but his most recent update was a bit weird re: him calling WVM his "hobby" that he does for "fun." Hasn't he said before that this is his full time job now and the way he makes a living for his family? Kinda feel as if calling it a "hobby" in the most recent update was him trying to preemptively defend himself from complaints by not labeling it as his full time job.

Still following this game eagerly and rooting for BD to get his stuff together and looking forward to more Zoe/Harper content and helping the lesbian/bi couple have their baby, but it does feel like the game is slipping away a bit.

Jacob VK

Mar 29, 2019
Dang, man.

I still think the WVM we've gotten so far is of enough quality to call it the best game on this website, but man has it spiralled.

Especially because it's BD's first game, he really should have tried to keep it simple. The same amazing quality of renders he was making, but with a focused core of girls so the plotlines and timing don't go wild. It went from a sports star's harem to a full ass cult leader with what feels like dozens of girls working for him and living in his compound. The core relationships with the core group of girls (shout out best girl Zoe) was so good, and the plot was suprisingly relatively believable at first. Instead, he added girl after girl and animations to boot. From a player's perspective, animations are never worth the time in development it takes for developers to learn how to make them and to make them. Would much rather just have the renders and I'll fill in the blanks myself mentally.

I want to believe BD and take his at his word, but his most recent update was a bit weird re: him calling WVM his "hobby" that he does for "fun." Hasn't he said before that this is his full time job now and the way he makes a living for his family? Kinda feel as if calling it a "hobby" in the most recent update was him trying to preemptively defend himself from complaints by not labeling it as his full time job.

Still following this game eagerly and rooting for BD to get his stuff together and looking forward to more Zoe/Harper content and helping the lesbian/bi couple have their baby, but it does feel like the game is slipping away a bit.
So true. I remember before too, people were telling not to add too many characters. and even each characters have their own back story too. its too much. especially there wasnt even a need for a princess character (on top of it, she is hiding away with Player character, with her own backstory.) Why so many characters. just keep it simple. its your first game too.

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
Dang, man.

Yeah, I've always had an issue with how many girls there are that BD was trying to put a lot of focus on, which in turn hurt over time as it just kept building and as such pushing some of the more interesting girls aside to where some girls took many updates before having a legitimate amount of content for while other girls (not the gf or best friend turned lover) would get multiple updates of focus. Personally, I feel it should have only been 8 other girls that would be added into the "harem" and have any other girls that show up be side characters not really used for sex, this way BD could have had enough time to focus on a central core and not have to be swamped with having to figure out which girls to focus on, which girls not too, how much time should one girl get, etc.

Wolfeszorn

Jul 24, 2021
Why stop at September? At this rate we are probably going to get more excuses on up to the new year.
i mean.... He already said that if it isn´t happening, he would pause the pledges till 2024 xD let´s see if he sticks to that promise :p

• Haha
Reactions: _Maou_

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
I've definitely become more critical of BD in the past few months, and I'll fully admit that it's because every time he posted something and delayed it/broke a promise, it does come off as him making things up (sort of akin to the boy who cried wolf). I can also understand personal shit and real life should always come first, and if what he's saying is legit, then it does make sense to take the time necessary.

My bigger problem though is that while he keeps pushing it back and making promises he's not keeping while making a game that's apparently a hobby, he's also taking $10+k a month from supporters instead of pausing his patreon for the time being. That seems hella sketch and gives me red flags. At this point, he cannot treat this as just a hobby if it's his livelihood, and yet he's claiming it to be that way, which further comes out as disingenuous to me. So yeah, even though all the problems may be true (I'm 50/50 on that), he's no longer making a game for fun, it's his job and he needs to treat it as such instead of taking money for doing little to nothing.

Beerus

Lord of Universe 7
Game Developer
Apr 27, 2019
What I gathered from this: "Oh no, people are beginning to hold me accountable for the bullshit I've told them."

It seems as if in every post I see from him, he has to subtly try to gaslight, guilt trip, or outright blame everyone else for his collecting failures.

"Didn't intend to piss off so many people." - What exactly DID you intend to do, then? Are you so used to getting your way when you throw tantrums that you genuinely didn't expect this to happen over such a long period of time? There's only one person who put Braindrop into the position he's currently in: himself. This isn't the usual bullshit of F95 where a few weeks will go by since the last update and people are freaking out. This is a LONG time. Which, to be fair, if he had said back during the last update (not the DITLO trash) that it would be a long time until the next update, I could genuinely forgive him. But the fact he keeps stringing everyone along (next week, next few weeks, next month, 2k renders, this deadline, that deadline, 2 updates in June, on and on and on) just tells me it's complete bullshit, again, as per usual with him anymore. He's dangling the carrot in front of everyone, pulling it away as they get close, and now has the nerve to act surprised and upset when the people are getting angry about it. The gaslighting and manipulation is ridiculous.

"Genuinely just wanted to know how people wanted it to be done since it didn't matter to me." - What do you mean the update release method "didn't matter to you"? If it didn't matter, then where's the mythical 2k render update? If it didn't matter to you how or what was released, why not release the 2k render update, or the smaller ones before it? Oh right, they don't exist because you were busy digging more of a hole for yourself.

"I've been through a lot and have been battling some mental issues." - Yeah we know, you only talk about it literally every chance you get to remind everyone that you're attempting the biggest pity party for yourself. There's a fine line between talking about your issues and "crying wolf for attention" and you are certainly the latter.

"I carry around a lot of guilt since my best friend passed." - Wait, the best friend? I thought it was some kind of elder relative that he took care of, like a grandpa? Now suddenly it's the best friend? I'm genuinely worried for everyone else involved in his life, there's no telling when someone might "die" to be next week's excuse.

"I lowkey feel like giving up..." - LOWKEY? You take every opportunity you get to shift blame, make excuses, remind everyone just how tough it is for you, etc... This is the opposite of LOWKEY because you shove this bullshit down everyone's throat every chance you get. You can't "lowkey feel like giving up" when every post is some whiny, 16 year old on MySpace post looking to get everyone's pity and attention. Yet another manipulation tactic from him.

"...to be accused of so much really fucking kills it for me." - This line here is probably the single most important line of his post. He legitimately thinks he's the victim, he has done nothing wrong, and everyone is just OUT TO GET HIM. The reality is, people are finally holding him accountable for the lies and bullshit he keeps telling him and the manchild doesn't know how to react.

I normally don't post on this site but this used to be one of my absolute favorite games; he's making such a clown of himself, it's sad to see what this game has become and even sadder to see what Braindrop himself is still becoming. He should really rename himself to "Excusedrop" because that's just about all he does anymore anyway. At least, when he's not trying to gaslight you into thinking you did this to him or amassing the community's biggest pity party for himself.

Last edited:

aaachris

Oct 26, 2019
Take it with a grain of salt. Still posting dates without a finished product then something goes wrong and will push the date back.
One time it's okay, second time meh, third time onwards you're fucking with everyone or you're really stupid to believe posting a public announcement about specific release date gonna work itself out before finishing the product.
This dev has checked boxes to be a certified milker who makes games for hobby. Take everything he says with a grain of salt from now on. Might as well explain why he couldn't work more hours during that one month when he took a long shit but it's okay since he has 2k renders ready, just need to add the background on some of them. I'm doing this for hobby but my moral compass is dignified enough to pause pledge on some months.
Thanks everyone for supporting my hobby, I couldn't do it without your pledge. Write good comments because I totally don't get why anyone would even consider criticizing my hobby work ethic.

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
"I carry around a lot of guilt since my best friend passed." - Wait, the best friend? I thought it was some kind of elder relative they he took care of, like a grandpa? Now suddenly it's the best friend? I'm genuinely worried for everyone else involved in his life, there's no telling when someone might "die" to be next week's excuse.
His best friend killed himself in 2020, according to BD. And her aunt, a motherly figure for him Azel's character is loosely inspired by, died sometime before that, I think. Those deaths caused some delays back then and he has talked several times about how bad he was affected by those events. Of course, you are free to call it bullshit anyway

bluetack_man

Nov 25, 2016
I'm not being funny but this guy is self-employed. He makes his own deadlines.

He makes deadlines, then cancels on them. No one is forcing this guy to release statements like "I'm definitely definitely going to post two updates in June". Hes doing this to himself.

He would have known on MONDAY of this week that he wouldn't be able to deliver the update by FRIDAY of the same week. It doesn't take a genius to see that. Yet he STILL decided to release a statement saying that, yet again, the update is definitely definitely coming soon.

And implying that people are entitled becasue they expect you to deliver on your promises, and get mad when you don't, is gaslighting. Simple as. People are annoyed that this guy is yet again going back on his word with a dull excuse. No shit, sherlock.

BD needs to take time away from this game, and from social media/patreon/discord. I imagine he is stressed as fuck and probably having constant panics due to having to deliver bad news over and over again, hell I would be too. Stop over promising your fans and yourself. Step away. Turn off your patreon (if its just a hobby after all?), cancel subs indefinitely. Take responcibility for this shit.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes