StantheMan69

Aug 10, 2017
I've definitely become more critical of BD in the past few months, and I'll fully admit that it's because every time he posted something and delayed it/broke a promise, it does come off as him making things up (sort of akin to the boy who cried wolf). I can also understand personal shit and real life should always come first, and if what he's saying is legit, then it does make sense to take the time necessary.

My bigger problem though is that while he keeps pushing it back and making promises he's not keeping while making a game that's apparently a hobby, he's also taking $10+k a month from supporters instead of pausing his patreon for the time being. That seems hella sketch and gives me red flags. At this point, he cannot treat this as just a hobby if it's his livelihood, and yet he's claiming it to be that way, which further comes out as disingenuous to me. So yeah, even though all the problems may be true (I'm 50/50 on that), he's no longer making a game for fun, it's his job and he needs to treat it as such instead of taking money for doing little to nothing.
That is almost exactly how I feel. I am not so bothered by a long period of time between updates. Even less so if the amount of content that is delivered feels good for the waiting period. I only wished not to keep seeing post about how an update is almost done and will be dropping in a few day. Only to see that its been delayed and the excuse for the delay. Its exactly like you said, it feels like the boy who cried wolf. I think its better to just say something like "I am working on the update and plan on dropping it as soon as it done and been tested. No promise on exact date, but I will try to get it out as fast as I can." It simple and to the point without promising anything.

I also agree about the patreon thing, At some point you, if you end up getting more support than you would be making working a full time job. You should start to think about looking at it less like a hobby and more like a job. Especially if you stop working your job. Just my opinion everyone is entailed to feel however they want.

I understand BD is having a tough time as of late I feel for him, but in my opinion all he is doing by talking about dropping an update this date. Only to have to delay it time and time again. Is cause more anger and hardships on himself. Especially if he is sincere cares. As all it has done thus far is and more stress and pressure. To a point it now feels like he going to drop a small part of the update tonight to try to satisfy and calm some people down.

Going forward I hope BD or whoever he gets to run the social side of things. Can just info us they are working on an update and that it will drop when it is done. Without any specific time frames. Personally I think BD has the best intentions, but I feel like he feels he need to info his fans and little more info than is need.

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
At this point i actually would rather BD doesn't release anything. This community is the most toxic cesspool i have seen in a long time.
Funny how it wasn't that way when he was actually making and releasing updates on the reg
agree with this
It was a stupid thing to say so I'm not surprised that you do

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
At this point i actually would rather BD doesn't release anything. This community is the most toxic cesspool i have seen in a long time.
Well you call it toxic

I call it being held acountable for the 7 to 8 months of delays and supposed deadlines that always got pushed back one day before the deadlines

I am not surprised people finally getting fed up with it and vent their frustration

Its the yes men thats to blame that keep being ok with postponing stuff and delays

But yeah if ur saying anything bad its called either toxic or trolling

Ozzfest

C.R.E.A.M.
Donor
Feb 20, 2020
Well you call it toxic

I call it being held acountable for the 7 to 8 months of delays and supposed deadlines that always got pushed back one day before the deadlines

I am not surprised people finally getting fed up with it and vent their frustration

Its the yes men thats to blame that keep being ok with postponing stuff and delays

Totally agree with you. At this point, not even patrons and diehard fans can defend this anymore.

bluetack_man

Nov 25, 2016
Its similar to how people think certain celebrities can do no wrong. If you call them out or have an issue with something, then you get labelled as toxic/a troll/entitled, etc. Its honestly crazy how people can still kiss this guys ass after the last year. We should be weeding out the milky devs, there are so many game devs that put a lot of effort in and respect their communities.

StantheMan69

Aug 10, 2017
If toxic is people getting upset by the fact of being told a release it dropping on this day. Only to have it delayed time and again. Than yeah probably pretty darn toxic here.

I know it been said before people here don't pay for the game as they are pirating it and have no rights to be upset. I would agree except for the fact that people keep posting here release dates and then delaying them along with the excuses. If this is just a pirate site than why not no info and just update when the update drops. It kind of seems like it poking a bear with a stick. Sure it might ignore you, but at some point something going to happen.

snakeplisskin

Mar 19, 2018
Well you call it toxic

I fully understand that people are fed up, its been what almost a full year since the last proper update.

I also believe that everyone should be held accountable and that everything should be criticized.

However there is a huge difference between holding someone accountable and what most people are doing here.

KiichiYakuza

Mar 2, 2022
If toxic is people getting upset by the fact of being told a release it dropping on this day. Only to have it delayed time and again. Than yeah probably pretty darn toxic here.

I know it been said before people here don't pay for the game as they are pirating it and have no rights to be upset. I would agree except for the fact that people keep posting here release dates and then delaying them along with the excuses. If this is just a pirate site than why not no info and just update when the update drops. It kind of seems like it poking a bear with a stick. Sure it might ignore you, but at some point something going to happen.
hahaha
so you're upset over something that the dev has no control over.. right.. makes sense.

bluetack_man

Nov 25, 2016
However there is a huge difference between holding someone accountable and what most people are doing here.
Which part?

Honestly the last few days on here, people have been expressing annoyance/frustration at yet another delay. Theres been no name calling, nothing like that. The only thing I can think which you might consider toxic is people questioning his excuses, but thats hardly toxic, seeing as his excuses are always pretty lame and come at the perfect time just before the big deadline... Which part do you think is over the line?

snakeplisskin

Mar 19, 2018

Honestly the whole pirate site arguement is a double edged sword.

However i agree fully that BD saying he could get 2 to 3 updatea out in June and we probably wont even see one is frustrating. I also agree that peiple deserve to be upset.

However i completely disagree that, that entitles people to spew their anger in the toxic ways we have been seeing. Is it everyone, no its not but there are a good amount of people being toxic arseholes.

michael1984

Engaged Member
Dec 9, 2017
I fully understand that people are fed up, its been what almost a full year since the last proper update.

I also believe that everyone should be held accountable and that everything should be criticized.

Well to be fair people getting labeled as trolls and toxic no matter how u voice the displeasure

Thats whats bothering me the most with these yes men that blindly follow what ever the dev does or says

They tag every post that has even anything remotly bad to say about delays of the game as trolling or toxic

Sure some people take it a bit too far i agree but for the most part its that no one can say anything bad about the game or dev witout being called out for it and thats crazy imo

This whole shitshow thats been building up is the fault for people voting for longer game days

Back in the earlier days the dev posted mostly weekly updates sometimes bi weekly updates and things went pretty gud not many were complaining stuff went out on time

Imo he should just do 1 game day updates in the future the waiting aint that bad then the pressure on the dev is alot less..

jonnyd901

Aug 24, 2020
Its similar to how people think certain celebrities can do no wrong. If you call them out or have an issue with something, then you get labelled as toxic/a troll/entitled, etc. Its honestly crazy how people can still kiss this guys ass after the last year. We should be weeding out the milky devs, there are so many game devs that put a lot of effort in and respect their communities.
All devs have their problems. BD did start off good but has let it slide. The best thing he could do is to look at other devs to achieve this then he wouldn't have the backlash. Just look at dig.b with Artemis update every Monday if he got time you might get some lucky renders during the week even he has reworked the game, along with other devs they've had to change soundtracks due to licence issues . Point being he hasn't along with many other devs have promised a date they will release it once ready. Artemis last update was beginning of the year leap of faith before that even but they've still got their fans excited for the update. If BD choses to follow their route it would be better for him but if he disconnects himself from social side of things then it will only get worse

StantheMan69

Aug 10, 2017
I am not justify BD because I believe those that are upset and don't believe him and question him have every right to do so. That being said, I can understand having a tough time the last few years. We had a pandemic (I don't know if it was a bad as everyone made it out to be. Yet there were people that lost someone from covid and I sorry for their losses.) BD had deaths of people close to him. People hand thing differently, so who knows how it affected BD other than himself (if you believe him! A lot of trust and faith has been lose by being told the update only need a little more work and than get delay. This has happened multiple times now. After awhile it can seem like lies and pointless excuses to milk). I can only speak for myself, I am willing to say okay I believe him and say he isn't milking, but if life is tough right now and he isn't in a place to give put out regular updates. All I would ask is to stop setting date for the update to drop unless you are 100% sure it will drop or put the game on hold and get his life in order as much as one can. So he can come back strong and deliver some what regular updates.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes