Coochiesurgeon

Dec 23, 2021
I just can't wrap my head around the fact that there was supposedly a 1400-2000 render update completed in january (6 months ago) now apparently it's 300-700 renders yet people can't see the woods for the trees? Theres a lot of talk about his mental state, about whether hes lying or not but we don't have access to his mind so we'll never know for cetain, but the numbers don't lie, you're free to interpret them however you like but us mathematicians can see something aint adding up.

StantheMan69

Aug 10, 2017
I just can't wrap my head around the fact that there was supposedly a 1400-2000 render update completed in january (6 months ago) now apparently it's 300-700 renders yet people can't see the woods for the trees? Theres a lot of talk about his mental state, about whether hes lying or not but we don't have access to his mind so we'll never know for cetain, but the numbers don't lie, you're free to interpret them however you like but us mathematicians can see something aint adding up.
I agree, he has been saying for months now that an update has been nearly finished and there is always some reason for delaying it. He might be telling the truth. He might be lying (Only he will know), it doesn't really matter. If he is telling the truth and having all these issues. Maybe it time to either put the game on hold or hire someone to take over. At least until he can get himself back to a place where he can take back over or pick back up and actually deliver some updates. I do not see anything changing in the near future and don't see us getting any update, so long as his patreon supporter keep helping him put it off.

I hope I am wrong, but right now it just seems like all he is going to keep doing is pausing the pledges. Until he needs more money. Than if we are lucky, He will release and update. Un-pause the pledge telling everyone how hard he is working on the game for a few months. Then when another update is getting close to being finished. He'll come up with a reason to delay until people start question stuff. Pause the pledges again and claim he going to keep working as hard and ever on the game, but can't justify taking peoples money when it has been so long without an update. Than months later he'll do it all over again.

Once again I hope I am wrong, but this is how I am starting to feel.

Mirewen

Aug 28, 2017
I've been reading this thread for some time.. A long time too...
And the time has come for me to leave some comments myself.
bd clearly told everybody he has mental issues.
If you encounter IRL anybody with mental problems, know that YOU can't solve anything.
the only thing you can do is listen....
a professional also only listens.... and can show someone the way to solving issues...
Not by giving advice in a manner like I would do this, or you should do that...
but by listening to the problem and how the thinking proces of the subject is at this moment and trying to change THAT PROCES.
he/she is the ONLY one that can solve any issues him/her self.

to braindrop: Don't listen to anyone. here or on patreon.
Get some professional help if possible.
Leave this game for what it is at the moment and think about yourself and your mental health first!
there will come a time that making computer games will be fun again. but clearly not now, and not in the near future.
solve your mental issues first!
to hell with all the people who give you (well meant) advice. Nobody can solve your problems. only you can yourself.

I sincerely hope you get well soon

Last edited by a moderator:

bluetack_man

Nov 25, 2016
First to all the whiners about updates and the timetables.... you should just STFU.
If you encounter IRL anybody with mental problems, know that YOU can't solve anything.
a professional also only listens.... and can show someone the way to solving issues...
but by listening to the problem and how the thinking proces of the subject is at this moment and trying to change THAT PROCES.

Leave this game for what it is at the moment and think about yourself and your mental health first!
there will come a time that making computer games will be fun again. but clearly not now, and not in the near future.
to hell with all the people who give you (well meant) advice. Nobody can solve your problems. only you can yourself.

The only thing to do is listen.... and give him money right? Keep that dollar dollar coming, yo.

I dont think anyone here is saying that BD shouldn't be listened to - in fact most people are saying he needs HELP. Professional help, not just people listening to him in discord.

But what we are saying is that he shouldn't get paid to drag his feet. This project should be paused properly, stop the scammy behaviour.

Mirewen

Aug 28, 2017
The only thing to do is listen.... and give him money right? Keep that dollar dollar coming, yo.

I dont think anyone here is saying that BD shouldn't be listened to - in fact most people are saying he needs HELP. Professional help, not just people listening to him in discord.

But what we are saying is that he shouldn't get paid to drag his feet. This project should be paused properly, stop the scammy behaviour.
people like you keep his problems alive.
he wants to keep on pleasing his patreons and followers. you can stop your payments yourself. so stop whining about money.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
This is BULLSHIT

People with Mental Issues often cant get better themselves, and they cank ask for help, so they send signals.

I will give you an example, a bit extreme. People with suicidal tendencies, often have silly attempts at the start, those attempts are called calls for help, because its their subconcious doing an attempt that will obviously fail, so that others take notice and help them seek help

But the people around the mental health person need to act, because if nothing happens, the attempts will get worse

Its VERY RARE, almost impossible for people with mental health issues to be able to solve them themselves

Wen I Say

Mar 17, 2019
First to all the whiners about updates and the timetables.... you should just STFU.

1.gif

FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019

So just because people have mental problems means the rest of the world needs to deal with that too? Some people like to take advantage of other's knowing that those people would treat them like a baby.

He is making a game and he is taking people's money for it. Regardless of his mental issues, he still needs to be a man of his word. Damn I was in the Army and when you say 0600, it means 0500. You always come being prepared for the mission. If Braindrop said he was going to release an update in January, February, March, April, May, June, July, that update should have been release in December.

Patreons aren't paying to hear his problems, oh maybe they are. Maybe they can be his shrink too.

Now I do agree with one point that you made, I think Braindrop should walk about from the game and tend to his issues. Some people might enjoy playing guitar, but they aren't no rockstar. He might enjoy developing a game, but he isn't no developer. He might look into getting some help with the project. But I don't think he is going to do that. You know why? MONEY. He makes more money by delaying the game than he would make at a 9 to 5 job. So as long as his patreons don't mind paying for his kid's diapers, that is what they are pretty much doing at this point.

Also telling people to STFU is not going to make your argument more convincing.

Last edited:

Wen I Say

Mar 17, 2019
He is making a game and he is taking people's money for it. Regardless of his mental issues, he still needs to be a man of his word. Damn I was in the Army and when you say 0600, it means 0500. You always come being prepared for the mission. If Braindrop said he was going to release an update in January, February, March, April, May, June, July, that update should have been release in December.
bruh i laughed a good laugh at this 10/10 yousmart.gif

Reactions: kcaldw

Kassan06969

Apr 14, 2022
Can't be a bootlicker if the guy has no authority. This is just plain old dickriding.H

He is right though. Suicide attempts are intentional cries for help and not actually a real plan to kill yourself.

2nd part isn't true. I've had them. Also degree in Psychology and suicide prevention training at previous job.

Alex Lem

May 7, 2017
Is there any difference between braindrop and gumdrop?
Yes, gumdrop actually continued to make the game :KEK:. No matter how much content he releases per month, he has released more than BD in many months, the continuation of the original story, and separated drug trip game :ROFLMAO:, which, despite everything, also requires time to develop, so far everything is pretty stable, albeit in a very very small amount, but we don't see even this from BD, but only an episode about Harper with censorship :KEK:, and a creepy looking MC sleeping in a hood with censored face :KEK:, and this episode also happens according to a new modified plot of the first week, which he most likely will never release, which raises many questions from those who played it

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes