Jondoen88

Jan 25, 2021
I admit. I am a big fan of this game. Loved what it can be and where it can go. Even still the product as it was given for v10 is a good product.

The missed deadlines, continued taking of Pateron money, and the what feels is lack of accountability to those who back him (regardless of mental or personal troubles be they real or imagined) is troubling to say the least. Obviously what good will there once was is easy to say has been spent and the community is obviously russled jimmies and twisted panties. Rightfully so by the by in my personal opinion.

Am I mad? No, I'm not a backer, my dog in this boondoggle is the bowl of popcorn in my lap. I recommended over a year ago to start delegating and bringing a team that BD could be accountable for and to in, but apparently my wishful hopes has gone out the window.

As for BD himself, and his situation, whatever is or is not happening, I do hope this project continues and that the rehashing timelines are more sane even if it means simple timeskips until proper story can be added a dialog of "the next day..." or "sometime next week..." where things make sense just so we as a community can see how the time problem is theoretically getting fixed.

I do hope maybe in Winter we can see a wonderful fat update and all reasonable things we could be told and shown our good faith was not in fact misplaced just... life being life and shit being shit.

Plaguerave

Sep 15, 2020
I've defended BD on multiple occasions because he always pulled through.

Unfortunately I can't at this point it saddens me this was one of the first vns that sucked me in and kept me wanting more and I still do.

If he some how surprises us then awesome but I won't hold my breath.

The one thing I won't do is spread more negativity than what is already going on.

I understand peoples frustrations and I get it but if YOU are supporting on patreon then simply cancel the sub for now until you feel comfortable doing so again if it ever comes to that point instead of sitting here and whining about it and being negative as all hell.

I have hopes something will come out of all of this I have been down the road of depression while people were relying on me for shit and the more negative stuff you hear or read the worse it is wanting to come through because at some point it piles up and makes things worse, but I was able to overcome it and come through for them.

I just hope what ever he is going through he finds that path to over come it life happens we can only control so much of it and have to make the best out of the rest.

Noid42

May 19, 2018
Leave this game for what it is at the moment and think about yourself and your mental health first!
there will come a time that making computer games will be fun again. but clearly not now, and not in the near future.
solve your mental issues first!
>Just quit your job and get better lol
I seriously hope BD gets the help he so obviously need, but I think you're kinda forgetting the fact BD develops WVM for a living and most people can't just stop doing their job and take an extended period of time to 'think about themselves'.
It's a struggle a lot of people have, but for some reason patreon devs just go 'uhh my mental btw' and people are expected to keep giving them money even if they do nothing for a year.

TheJesterrrrrrrr

Jun 10, 2020
>Just quit your job and get better lol
I seriously hope BD gets the help he so obviously need, but I think you're kinda forgetting the fact BD develops WVM for a living and most people can't just stop doing their job and take an extended period of time to 'think about themselves'.
I thought he said this was a hobby. Which one is it? A job or a hobby cause there is a huge difference.

• Haha
Reactions: aqwhm1

kcaldw

Feb 19, 2021
This is BULLSHIT

People with Mental Issues often cant get better themselves, and they cank ask for help, so they send signals.

I will give you an example, a bit extreme. People with suicidal tendencies, often have silly attempts at the start, those attempts are called calls for help, because its their subconcious doing an attempt that will obviously fail, so that others take notice and help them seek help

But the people around the mental health person need to act, because if nothing happens, the attempts will get worse

Its VERY RARE, almost impossible for people with mental health issues to be able to solve them themselves
I couldn't solve my PTSD by myself I had to have psychiatric help from the Veterans Help Group and from one of my sisters coworkers at her Psychiatric Clinic. Every time I have an episode where I'm having a hard time (usually on the anniversary of my squad mates dyeing next to me) I go see either my Dr or my sister and talk about how I'm feeling and it helps.

Reniere

Aug 5, 2019
Take this as Hobby or job from this.

Q: Why should I support you?
A: Because I am fully committed to this game. I spend all day working and thinking about this game and I love it. I've never been so enthralled by something before.
I truly want to provide a fun and enjoyable experience for you. That's my number one goal.

FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019
BD claims that the game is a hobby for him, but people here insist that it's a full time job.
A hobby is something you do out of pleasure. You don't do it for monetary gain in anyway. I don't expect people to pay for my hobbies.

A job is a thing you do to get money so you can pay the bills and make a living. I remember him saying when he started that once he started making enough money, he would quit his job.

Noid42

May 19, 2018
Take this as Hobby or job from this.

Q: Why should I support you?
A: Because I am fully committed to this game. I spend all day working and thinking about this game and I love it. I've never been so enthralled by something before.
I truly want to provide a fun and enjoyable experience for you. That's my number one goal.
He also kept repeating how he does this full time, and how he can't pause pledges because this is how he provides for his family.
but sure, guess it's a hobby LOL

JoeAngel

Oct 16, 2020
a hobby can be job to what about DC Marvel & Games & Comics & Stories that become movies
Hobby with skill Create Passion Passion Create Work

Reniere

Aug 5, 2019
He also kept repeating how he does this full time, and how he can't pause pledges because this is how he provides for his family.
but sure, guess it's a hobby LOL
People tend to forget the meaning of words the moment the word Committed comes out. its no longer a hobby its a job and when that much money is being moved around its no longer a hobby either..

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
I couldn't solve my PTSD by myself I had to have psychiatric help from the Veterans Help Group and from one of my sisters coworkers at her Psychiatric Clinic. Every time I have an episode where I'm having a hard time (usually on the anniversary of my squad mates dyeing next to me) I go see either my Dr or my sister and talk about how I'm feeling and it helps.
I understand your pain, brother. Though I never suffered from PTSD myself, I do know what it's like to lose brothers in combat. Semper Fi, friend.

kcaldw

Feb 19, 2021
I understand your pain, brother. Though I never suffered from PTSD myself, I do know what it's like to lose brothers in combat. Semper Fi, friend.
That day sucked for me I not only lost my brothers but my best friend and K9 Falcon. He and I did everything together. I missed him a lot but after getting out of the hospital and physical therapy they sent me down to Texas to get a new dog. When I got out the military let me keep him. His name is Talon he's a good dog and watches out for not only me but for my Mom as well. He is also very protective of my little girl and our cat.

motseer

Engaged Member
Dec 17, 2021
That day sucked for me I not only lost my brothers but my best friend and K9 Falcon. He and I did everything together. I missed him a lot but after getting out of the hospital and physical therapy they sent me down to Texas to get a new dog. When I got out the military let me keep him. His name is Talon he's a good dog and watches out for not only me but for my Mom as well. He is also very protective of my little girl and our cat.
I raised German Shepherds as a boy. My best boy, Ace of Diamond, became the family dog and lived to be a very old man. What breed is Talon?

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes