Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Guys, please do me a favor and stop subscribing this guy. How did he constantly has a mental breakdown yet never give up any month of income from this 'hobby' of his? What a joke
You'll never convinvce people to stop supporting developers they are fans of. Shit, Gumdrop was getting money for years and added absolutely no content to Dual Family whatsoever. Icstor is still getting support for Milfy City despite saying he's burnt out and is no longer working on it, his fans have the "maybe one day he'll work on it again" mentality.

Not bashing any of them, they have loyal fans, that's how this shit works.

Even if BD did stop working on it he'd still have quite the monthly income, his fans wouldn't just drop all support. Sure he'd lose a large chunk but I reckon there would still be at least a couple of thousand a month worth. Lowest i'd say maybe 5 or 6 hundred.

Not every dev will ever make a living doing this, most will barely see a return. Average is around 1k a month (before taxes and platform cuts) but those that have made it big are going to keep earning regardless.

There are some devs that pause monthly payments if nothing is coming out but those are very few and far between.

At the end of the day though, everyone here is an adult in charge of their own finances. If they want to support a dev, more the power to them. They earn it, they can do what the hell they want with it.

If you don't like the fact devs earn money even if they aren't releasing regular content then I don't know what to tell you hunni. You aint ever gonna stop it.

Trojaner

Donor
Apr 4, 2018
You'll never convinvce people to stop supporting developers they are fans of. Shit, Gumdrop was getting money for years and added absolutely no content to Dual Family whatsoever. Icstor is still getting support for Milfy City despite saying he's burnt out and is no longer working on it, his fans have the "maybe one day he'll work on it again" mentality.

Even if BD did stop working on it he'd still have quite the monthly income, his fans wouldn't just drop all support. Sure he'd lose a large chunk but I reckon there would still be at least a couple of thousand a month worth. Lowest i'd say maybe 5 or 6 hundred.

Not every dev will ever make a living doing this, most will barely see a return. Average is around 1k a month (before taxes and platform cuts) but those that have made it big are going to keep earning regardless.

There are some devs that pause monthly payments if nothing is coming out but those are very few and far between.

At the end of the day though, everyone here is an adult in charge of their own finances. If they want to support a dev, more the power to them. They earn it, they can do what the hell they want with it.

If you don't like the fact devs earn money even if they aren't releasing regular content then I don't know what to tell you hunni. You aint ever gonna stop it.
Pssst, you forgot about the people what started to support Dev's and forgot bout it because they see no worth in money. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: thorin0815

bluetack_man

Nov 25, 2016
So Braindrop suddenly decided to "add a new path" to the update he claimed was going to be just a couple of days after the last one?

I thought releasing something was going to help him stop having those kind of stupid impulses, i guess i was wrong.

Things are looking grimm if releasing something didnt help unblock BD. I wish him the best, but the fact that things keep going worse instead of going better isnt a good omen
Seeing as this game has no paths currently, I'm not sure what he means by suddenly deciding to add a new path but then of course he says its coming soon. The game has no "paths" right now, but hes doing one on the fly and it'll be done soon? This boy crazy.

OEJ

'Dirth ma, harellan. Ma banal enasalin. Mar solas'
Donor
Dec 9, 2017

sunk cost fallacy :oops::oops::oops:

thorin0815

Apr 16, 2020
Seeing as this game has no paths currently, I'm not sure what he means by suddenly deciding to add a new path but then of course he says its coming soon. The game has no "paths" right now, but hes doing one on the fly and it'll be done soon? This boy crazy.
It has the cheating/non-cheating paths.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: _Maou_ and csmk14

jasont123

Aug 14, 2020
So a post right before he makes another $16,000+... These Mind Drops are just becoming something BD copy and pastes at this point; A complaint about his personal life with excuses that we've read dozens of times now, that BD loves making WVM and just want's to focus on dev work yet we're still waiting on 2,000 renders that we're due 5+ months ago, how he'll no longer give a release date, however, that's been said a good few times too and we've seen how that turned out, and finally how he's still "working" on the game yet has little to show for it. Braindrop has 'brain washed' so many people into enabling him. He isn't a man of his word, if he was, we'd have the 700 renders that he said would be released weeks ago, or even better, the 2,000+ renders BD said were ready to be released in February. How are people still supporting him on such a large scale? 2,000 renders are ready months ago, to a 300 render update 5+doesn't add up! Why are some people so infatuated with this game that they fail to see how they're being milked out of their money? Sure, spend your money however the hell you'd like, but c'mon... A 5 year old can do the math and see that something isn't right here.
1659114871043.png
So I don't think that anyone has a problem with BD taking some time to himself to handle whatever he has going on IRL as it should always be prioritized over anything imo, especially the persons mental health. But to the people constantly defending BD, it just makes no sense at this point...

I was a Patreon member of BD for months, but like many, I pulled my support for a multitude of reasons. I've always enjoyed WVM, but I can only support a project whose dev I believe is a man of their word, keeps their promises, and puts out quality content on a scheduled release date (not that we need to see an update every single month, but keep it structured ie; every 3-6 months consistently). But the problem I've had with BD and I've also seen other people having with him is that BD isn't a man of his word. Going back to January, BD was saying we'd get a release of 1,500+ renders by February/March. Then the release got pushed back to early/mid March. By early March, the release was 1-2 weeks away. Then BD had no reason to believe the release wouldn't be in March and that would include between 2200-2400 renders. Then he says there won't be an update in March, but there will be one in April. Then mid April, still no update, but BD says the update will be over 2,000 renders. Then May comes around with no update still . But BD let's people know that one of his family members sadly passed away who he was caring for. Loosing a family member sucks and my heart goes out to him and he deserved to take some time to himself and his family as I previously mentioned, IRL should always be prioritized.

But he still continued down the same path that he's been going the prior 4+ months. He say's he won't be releasing the update in chucks and it would be a large update, yet in later posts, that's exactly his plan. Then we get the DILDO or whatever the hell it's called with Harper, truthfully I didn't even pay it any mind, but BD said it helped him get into a better mindset so I'm all for it. But then in late May, BD says he plans for 2-3 releases in June and that he wanted to have the entire update out by the end of July/early August. Then mid June, BD says the update would be 600-700 renders long. Note that months ago, he said the update was going to be 2.000+ renders. Months after saying that, he then says the update would be only a small fraction ie; 600-700 renders AND he would be releasing it in parts which he also previously said he WOULDN'T do. Late June he say's the release would be on June 29th and that he set out that month to update all of day 32 in 3 different updates... He then says the full update will take 5 different chunks to update entirely. Then lo and behold, the 700 render update isn't ready by June 29th or 30th. And as his record would show... theres no releases in June, but a very small 300 render on July 2nd. From January BD said he had over 1,000 renders ready for an update, to March having over 2,000 renders for the update, and then FINALLY to 6 months later and we only get a 300 render update is wild to me lol.

Braindrop has also said that this is a hobby which, at this point is a load of BS. He's said it himself that this is his job and he's worked 12+ hour days on WVM. This is his source of income as he's mentioned in his mindrops. WVM may have started as a hobby, but now, it's as BD said, HIS JOB! He earns between $8,000-$24,000 a month which averages out to $16,000 a month or $192,000 a year ( ). Thats a FUCK LOAD of money for a single game dev to be making while producing little to no results. People aren't getting upset for absolutely no reason. So the problem people have with BD isn't that we don't enjoy WVM but we don't enjoy being fed false information. How does an update go from 1,000 renders, to 1,400 renders, to 2,000+ renders, to a 300 render update 6+ months after he told everyone he had over 2,000 renders? It's the breaking of his word that's pissing people off. We want to see honesty, but all we've seen have been false promises. How is it such a bad thing for BD to be held accountable? I can't understand how some people can defend this...

People want to see a dev keep their word. If a dev says "I have a 1,000 render update that will be ready to be released on 8/1/2022, we expect the dev to keep their word. Having a dev constantly pushing back the release date for MONTHS, not even a few days just to get some bugs sorted is repetitive and isn't a good look for the dev. And when the release FINALLY does come out we see that the update isn't even 1/4 of what the dev originally said it would be, just compounds onto the lack of trust that the dev has lost with the community.

I don't believe we'll see the remainder of the 2,000+ renders any time soon which is a real shame. In its infancy, WVM was one of the best games out there. I'd love to be proved wrong and hope I am, but based on BDs history, I sadly doubt there will be any updates any time soon...

View attachment 1936592

All quotes from Mindrops
vvvvv
A follow up to my previous message and a timeline of development of WVM.

----------------------------------------------------------------2021----------------------------------------------------------------

Update | 1/22/21 - WVM Day 8-9 (9.3.0) (203 Renders

Update | 1/31/21 - WVM Day 8-9 (0.9.4.2) (200 renders) (SAVE FIX)

Mind Drop #11 | 2/16/21 - "one release this month. But, that release will be the size of two updates (400 renders) near the end of the month."

Mind Drop #12 | 2/23/21 - No update this month due to BD moving. "Next update will be on March 13th and the second update will be on March 27th. (First update will be 400 renders + the reworked scenes, the second will be 260-300 renders)"

Mind Drop #13 | 3/01/21 - Dev still moving in. "Update near the 13th"

Continuation of Mind drop #13 | 3/2/21 - Gives an update schedule: "Most full updates will be between 800-1200 renders. So given my expectations for myself and the private timelines I'd give myself you can expect 2-3 months per update. (Also some updates would be shorter so potentially only 1 month for some). The next full update after day 9 will be days 10-14. Then after that will be week 3. And in the event that an update exceeds that timeframe I'd likely release it in 2 parts. I wouldn't go more than 3 months without a release. Potentially less."

Mind Drop #14 | 3/08/21 - "400 render update will be sliding to the 17th-20th"

Mind Drop #15 | 3/16/21 - "400 render update releases March 20th, rest of Day 9 will release mid-April". Says "I don't do this for money" and pauses pledges for March/April

Mind Drop #16 | 3/23/21 - BD having issues with his eyes. "Update will be out ASAP but it will be a few more days. No exact timeline as I had honestly hoped my eyes would be back to normal by now. Check out the earlier post to see why the update isn't ready yet. Due to the additional days I'll pull another homie move and bump the update to 600 renders mainly because I feel shitty about this situation, especially since it was easily avoidable."

Mind Drop #18 | 4/06/21 - "I've decided to focus on releasing the rest of day 9 as a single update. This update is north of 1000 renders and has many animations"

Mind Drop #19 | 4/13/21 - "Full day 9 release is still planned for this month". "And you guys are about to get a 1000+ render update dropped on your head"

Mind Drop #21 | 5/03/21 (Not quite yet) - Missed release date. "Update is close and I'm still grinding away on it, I just need more time."

Mind Drop #22 | 5/11/21 Almost - "There's been many things like planning a wedding, planning to be a father, moving across the country, changing how I want to do releases, and dealing with a medical issue with my eyes for an entire month". "This is honestly 100% the last post until the the juicy 1500+ render update."

Yo | 5/29/21 - Getting married/moving. Paused pledges

Yo | 6/17/21 - On honeymoon. "I do slightly regret giving the hard date of the 24th as that seems like a short amount of time".

Update | 7/3/21 - WVM Day 8-9 (0.9.5.1) (1800 renders) (35 animations)

Mind Drop #23 | 7/14/21 - "The next full update will be days 10-14. Which can sound daunting considering the latter half of day 9 took 5 months to make".

Mind Drop #26 | 8/09/21 - "I never plan to give exact release dates ever again or even exact sizes of updates even if it isn't an official release and just a beta."

Mind Drop #27 | 8/20/21 - "I will say that the first beta will be a smaller one and it should be out soon but it will not be in August".

Mind Drop #29 | 9/10/21 - "I've decided to go light on the first beta release. It's only going to be 200 renders long.
(I've done much more than 200 renders but I stopped working linearly a while ago. Meaning I don't work in the same order of the story, for instance I've completely finished day 13 but still have a lot to do on day 11.)(And for those that don't know, the next "full release" is going to be days 10-14 and the days go by much quicker. Although day 10 is a bit longer just because of the exhibition game). The exhibition won't be featured in the first beta but it will be the last release without a basketball game lol. So when will that be? Late Sept - Early Oct"

Mind Drop #33 | 10/08/21 - "Change to first beta date: - It's moving from October 12th to October 15th at 3pm EST".

Update | 10/15/21 - WVM Day 10 (0.10.0.1)(BETA) (208 renders - 0 animations)

Mind Drop #34 | 10/18/21 - "Next Beta? (ETA: Early November)"

Not a mind drop | 11/8/21 - BD spending time taking care of his family. "There will be a beta this month 100%. It's essentially ready outside of a few tweaks. I just don't want to release until I'm in a position to work on any issues if any were to arise but in the case that things are extended then I'd run that risk. 300-350 renders long, haven't decided the exact stop point yet".

Still not a mind drop | 11/28/21 - BDs a father! "There will not be a beta this month. I've thought about it a lot and even though the update itself is ready... I'm not. Simply put I'm not in a position mentally to push anything out. Things are still settling in my personal life and I couldn't handle any issues with a release right now. Not setting any dates yet but there will be 2 betas in December".

Mind Drop #36 | 12/03/21 - "Upcoming Releases: - 2nd beta (December 14th - 24th). - 3rd beta (January 6th). - Full release of days 10-14 (Febuary 14th)".

Mind Drop #38 | 12/17/21 - "Betas: No planned changes to dates atm". "February 14th is still the planned release date for the full release of days 10-14".

24th to 30th | 12/23/21 - "I'm gonna just say it how it is, I need to move the release date to the 30th. It will not move again".

Taking the L | 12/30/21 - "All of that to essentially say I am not ready to put out an update and I'm sorry. I wish I was, trust me". "I will be pausing pledges for this monthly cycle. I gave reasons for why I didn't last month and while those things are still true, I'm not comfortable doing it 2 months in a row. This might make me sound crazy but with where I am at this very moment, for my own mental health I'd rather say goodbye to 15 grand than push out this update".

----------------------------------------------------------------2022----------------------------------------------------------------

Mind Drop #39 | 1/25/22 - "Update soon™. I'm aiming to put out a smaller update that's beta sized (probably 250-350 renders) either before this month ends or at the start of February".

Mind Drop #40 | 1/31/22 - "(Days 10-14 coming late Feb / early March)".

Mind Drop #41 | 2/11/22 - "Assuming things go smoothly and as I expect them to then it will be either near the end of February-early March. If there's any mishaps then I'll let you guys know about it and then it'd likely be mid-March.
It will be between 1600-1800 renders".

Mind Drop #42 | 2/18/22 - "I was really racing to have it out before the end of February but the closer we come to it the quicker I realize it isn't very feasible since I want to send the update to testers before releasing it.
So right now my expectation is early March if everything goes right and mid March if there are any hiccups between now and then". "How long will the wait between Days 10-14 and Days 15-21 be? - The very early expectation I have is around 2-2.5 months. A big reason Days 10-14 has taken as long as it has is that I've made many scenes that have been moved to later in the story. So I have a pretty substantial head start on days 15-21 and a similar head start on days 22-28".

Not a Mind Drop | 2/25/22 - "So when can we expect it? Early-Mid March depending on if there are any issues that need to be fixed".

Not a Mind Drop... again | 3/05/22 - "So when can we expect it? It's at least a week away... maybe two if it takes a little longer than I expect it to".

No news is good news... and this is news | 3/18/22 - "Day 10(31) is around 1400 renders long including the beta (It's by far the longest day after the redo, mainly due to me showing the process of a gameday so it can be assumed and not shown in future updates. It's also that long since I included scenes to make that gameday process more interesting )
The rest (Days 32-35) are about 1000 renders long so the update in total is around 2200-2400 renders long".

Update will be in April and I do not plan on pausing, please adjust pledges accordingly | 3/31/22 - "Hey guys, just a quick update to let you guys know that I won't be able to finish the update this month". "It doesn't matter if the update is 2400 renders long and the biggest I've ever put out. The wait has been entirely too long and I completely understand where the frustration has come from". "I'm not here for the money, I put as much effort and time as I do into it because it's my job but the truth is that if I didn't make a single penny from this, I'd continue making it just for myself. I love doing it".

Mind Drop #44 | 4/03/22 (Not #43, the update isn't ready for that yet) - "What's delaying it now dev wise? The honest answer is there's a lot of indecisiveness on my end". "In February me, my wife, my kid, and my grandpa all had to pack up and move again because of some weird events happening at our new house at the time. (That started early January)".

Yo | 5/3/22 - BD family member passed away so he took some time for himself and his family

My current plan | 5/16/22 - "There are no release plans for the update yet". "I don't want to unpause pledges until I release the update but at the same time I don't know when that will be and I have a family to provide for."

Harper DILTO Release | 5/29/22

Plans for June | 5/31/22 - "Also the DITLO was something I had promised to make a long time ago. And it felt really good to make. It wasn't some ulterior motive thing to justify working on something outside of WVM. It was just something that I knew might help me get out of the funk I've been in". "I plan on having 2-3 releases in June and I want the whole update out by the end of July or early August. And when it's finally all out I plan on continuing with the chunks of update into the next big update".

Yo | 6/13/22 - "As it stands right now the first chunk will be in the 600-700 render range"

Mind Drop #47 | 6/24/22 - "There will be a release on June 29th". "As far as the rest of Day 32 goes I plan to release it in the first week of July. The only tinkering I have to do to it is another scene in the locker room but it's not very large. As for the rest of it, I plan on having 3 total releases afterwards. So a total of 5 chunks".

Sup | 6/28/22 - "I don't think the 700 render update will be ready by June 29th or 30th. But it won't be much longer at all. There is a 300 render update that's pretty much ready to go though". "WVM is my hobby and I do this for fun". "
So the two options are: A. Release them in smaller chunks - The first one (300-ish renders) on the 29th and the other (400-ish renders) the moment it is finished (Likely July 1st-3rd), or B. Wait and release them together (700-ish renders) the moment it is finished. (July 1st-3rd)". (B won btw)

Update | 6/2/22 - WVM (S2-C1-E1) release! (359 renders 10-ish animations)

-----------------------------------------------------7/21/2022 (Current day)----------------------------------------------------------

So... On 2/11/22, BD said that day 10-14 was originally planned to be released February 14th and was supposed to include 1600-1800 renders. Soon after on 3/18/22, BD said, "Day 10(31) is around 1400 renders long including the beta, (Days 32-35) are about 1000 renders long so the update in total is around 2200-2400 renders long". So he had over 2,000 renders ready 4 months ago yet we only get a 350 render update???

BD says this is his job on 3/31/21, "I'm not here for the money, I put as much effort and time as I do into it because it's my job but the truth is that if I didn't make a single penny from this, I'd continue making it just for myself. I love doing it". Yet on 6/28/22 he says "WVM is my hobby and I do this for fun". Making on average of $16,000 a month or $192,000 a year is an insane amount of money. That's around 3 times the average salary of a person in the United States. Just to put it in perspective how much money that actually is for the average person:
View attachment 1938559 (I couldn't find a more up to date chart). Thankfully BD has paused his patreon on multiple occasions, but $16,000 for even a few months out of the year is a lot of money for producing LITTLE TO NOTHING.

So the math is laid out for anyone defending him. Yes the man has gone through some shit and my heart goes out to him for said 'shit'... But how exactly do you justify 2200-2400 renders FOUR MONTHS AGO to having a 350 render update? Thats 15% of the work he said he had completed months ago! Where's the remaining 2,000 renders? BD has broken his word time and time again, how can people continue to say it's justified? Shits wack :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 1938534 View attachment 1938574

Last edited:

Krynh

Engaged Member
Jan 20, 2020
What's he going to do in the future when the AVN market crashes? He can't even claim on a cv to have delivered projects in a timely manner and making deadlines.

jish55

Nov 23, 2017
You know, if he didn't keep charging people during so much downtime, that would be one thing, where while dealing with so many problems (if that is true, and I REALLY hope it is because I really hate having to be a dick to others and want to give them the benefit of the doubt), then he wouldn't be getting called out and people would instead be hella supportive since he wouldn't be taking people's money at that point. Sadly though, he hasn't paused patreon since 2020 and has been constantly collecting money while a) only releasing 2-3 updates within that timeframe, b) constantly talking about things supposedly happening to him to cause the delays, and c) making promises only to break them a week later. The fact he claims this is a hobby and yet still demands payment for it is what truly irks me and why I'm not as sympathetic towards BD as I was a year ago.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
You know, if he didn't keep charging people during so much downtime, that would be one thing, where while dealing with so many problems (if that is true, and I REALLY hope it is because I really hate having to be a dick to others and want to give them the benefit of the doubt), then he wouldn't be getting called out and people would instead be hella supportive since he wouldn't be taking people's money at that point. Sadly though, he hasn't paused patreon since 2020 and has been constantly collecting money while a) only releasing 2-3 updates within that timeframe, b) constantly talking about things supposedly happening to him to cause the delays, and c) making promises only to break them a week later. The fact he claims this is a hobby and yet still demands payment for it is what truly irks me and why I'm not as sympathetic towards BD as I was a year ago.
BrainDrop usually turns off the charging . thing when he doesn't produce always has

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes