jish55

Nov 23, 2017
I just remembered a past Mind Drop and something BD mentioned I feel could have saved him all this backlash that's supposedly causing him to keep delaying the game, and that was when he thought about releasing the updates for free for everyone. Again, if everything he's saying is true, this may very well be the best option for him to go with, because it'll actually avoid any more problems and in turn avoid people getting pissed off. Again though, this is assuming everything he say's is true.

Wen I Say

Mar 17, 2019
I just remembered a past Mind Drop and something BD mentioned I feel could have saved him all this backlash that's supposedly causing him to keep delaying the game, and that was when he thought about releasing the updates for free for everyone. Again, if everything he's saying is true, this may very well be the best option for him to go with, because it'll actually avoid any more problems and in turn avoid people getting pissed off. Again though, this is assuming everything he say's is true.
Nahhh when it was first suggested MANNNNNY moons ago he wanted all the loot and couldn't be bothered to share/make his life simpler. Now it just seems like he wants a meat shield that he can send out to tank so he doesn't have to. Shits getting to the point that I figure he's got a year maybe lol maybe before we see his new game and him stating wvm is taking a back seat to it. A cautionary tale this one is to all the inspiring creators out there, sometimes you can do too much to go backward but not enough to move forward...

The D0n

Feb 7, 2020
Nahhh when it was first suggested MANNNNNY moons ago he wanted all the loot and couldn't be bothered to share/make his life simpler. Now it just seems like he wants a meat shield that he can send out to tank so he doesn't have to. Shits getting to the point that I figure he's got a year maybe lol maybe before we see his new game and him stating wvm is taking a back seat to it. A cautionary tale this one is to all the inspiring creators out there, sometimes you can do too much to go backward but not enough to move forward...
It won't even be another employee, it will just be the Dev with a burner account.

The D0n

Feb 7, 2020
Dam, cunts here complain when BD is silent still complain, give him shit, make fun of etc. When he speaks out.

Man some real cunts here, including the mods considering they're doing fuck all.
Yes, silence these peons at once! Only comments approved by OfficiallyGames can be posted.

You can tell how a person perceives you by language, so by calling us all cunts I assume that:

1) You're Australian as you may mean it as a term of endearment;

2) You think we are all warm and inviting with great depth...

Thank you for your kind words.

Also Goosestep elsewhere.

Trojaner

Donor
Apr 4, 2018
I just read latest dev update from LoF. Can't understand how someone who went through such a loss can work on a game about difficult theme for him with constant updates on one side and WVM dev on the other side.
Well, it is actually easy to answer. Some People are much Stronger then Others. And you can say it's a Big Part of the Healing Process to talk bout this sort of things.

Anthaeus

Dec 9, 2018
People who think this game doesn't have paths either haven't played it or don't understand what a path is.

A path is where you make a choice and the outcome changes depending on your choices.

All of the LI's in WVM have a simple binary choice, "Do you want to fuck this girl?". If you choose yes, you are on one path, if you say no you are on the other path.

If there are only 2 LI's, that gives 4 potential paths.
1. Fuck no girls
2. Fuck girl A but not girl B
3. Fuck girl B but not girl A
4. Fuck both girls.

If you add in paths like "Does girl B have a dick?", "Does girl A know about MC's choice with girl B?", "Does girl B know about MC's choice with girl A?", "is the relationship between the MC and both girls polyamorous or does the MC just fuck both girls?", the The number of paths grows quickly with just the 2 LI's.

WVM has a huge amount of intersecting paths, as many of the LI's live with the MC and/or interact with each other when the MC isn't present. The paths may not have an effect on a given scene but they all need to be considered.

Adding a path when you already have a complex system doesn't need to be a complicated thing, it depends on the path being added. A simple binary choice on a girl to impregnate for cash, (if you are on that path of course), is easy to add. A new LI or adding a polyamorous subgroup within the LI's is harder, and could be very complicated depending on other paths involved.

We have NO IDEA what path is being considered, and this means we have NO IDEA how much work is involved in adding the path.

The dev obviously has some sort of mental health issues because everyone does. Most people don't even notice their own issues as their mechanisms for coping with them are entrenched and sufficient to cope with them. As a simplistic example, we all suffer from some degree of stress, and we cope with it by a variety of means such as going to the gym, going for a drink, talking to someone or playing a adult VN for relaxation. Not every solution works for every person, and some actions that can be a solution for one person can cause additional issues or exasperate existing ones for other people.

I'm very glad to see that we will have someone other than the dev to deal with the social media side of things from now on, as this will remove a source of stress from BD.

Will this result in more frequent updates? I have no idea. I hope it does, as I enjoy the VN.

Will this result in an improvement to BD's mental heath? I can't be sure, but I hope it does, as I enjoy the VN.

Will this result in a reduction of the complaints and hate posts? Probably not, but I hope it does as I don't like feeling sorry for the people who don't have anything better to do with their lives.

The D0n

Feb 7, 2020
Will this result in a reduction of the complaints and hate posts?
That hate posts point always seems disingenuous, I have read a lot of Criticism but yet to find a post where the poster expressed hatred.

Ridicule and contempt are not hatred, commenting on long development times is not hatred. Pointing out the sums of money involved is not hatred, in fact only Hatred is hatred.

Usually when used in your context what you actually mean is you disagree with another's opinion and want them silenced. Just painting all critique as Hatred is mentally lazy.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
If he is thinking of hiring someone he should hire someone to help with development of the game itself. IMO I don't think hiring someone to help with social media side of things will be a big help to him overall.
Yeah, I don't think hiring a spin doctor is going to help regain people's trust. He'd be better off hiring a shrink, he obviously needs help.

May 18, 2022
This is why we can't have nice things.
This thread is so sadly toxic. Personally I prefer fanboy theories, white knights and posts about the many lovely lis than this sick and pathetic posts of the trolls and the entitled.

Seriously who spends so much time and effort on something that don't enjoy for free. Sounds like a depressing way to spend one's time.

Looking forward to more wvm. Always a highlight

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
This is why we can't have nice things.
This thread is so sadly toxic. Personally I prefer fanboy theories, white knights and posts about the many lovely lis than this sick and pathetic posts of the trolls and the entitled.

Seriously who spends so much time and effort on something that don't enjoy for free. Sounds like a depressing way to spend one's time.

Looking forward to more wvm. Always a highlight
That's what discord and Patreon are for, this forum is for everyone to share their opinion good or bad.

You also seem to misunderstand exactly what it is they are saying.

I don't see anyone bashing the game or even saying they dislike it. What they are doing is mocking the dev.

BD has now put himself in the same place as other similar devs like Gumdrop or Icstor. All had games that got insanely popular, all had content drop offs after a while. The reasons don't matter, by this stage we've heard them all anyway. With so many games and so many devs we've heard every reason under the sun why content isn't being released from illness to deaths to hardware dying to full scale natural disasters taking out entire countries (not a lie, there was an earthquake that took out a devs entire homeland, no word from him for a while now so don't know if he's still alive or what).

Point being, BD isn't unique, this is nothing new.

The problem that also happens is once you get to a certain stage of a devs lack of content releases those people that do post fan theories and were once white knights get jaded.

They spent not only countless hours praising the game, the dev and everything inbetween but also probably invested a lot of money through whatever platform they happen to fancy. After all that and the lack of return, it has a tendancy of pissing people off.

Go back through the thread and a lot of those names you see mocking the dev you'll see have a completely different outlook when content was regular.

This also ties in with the "we've seen it all before" part. Not everyone empathises with developers, some outright give zero fucks. The downside to having so many devs in the industry and having seen all the excuses is, some people have trust issues.

Not everyone will take what they are told at face value.

That's why, if you want the happy happy joy joy posts, you stick to platforms people pay to use or Discord that's policed by the fans. This place, well this place is full of lovely people but they say what the hell they want and, to be completely fair, some of us are just complete bitches.

grim019

Mar 28, 2020
I wonder how close the update is to being done. It would have been good if he gave a bit more info on that in his post. If he is not going to give release dates anymore he needs to find a good way to convey how close updates are. Maybe a good way to do it would be to give out numbers like saying the update will be this many renders I have finished this many. The developer BadMustard is a good example of this. I have my doubts this is the way BD will go though.

Reactions: hawk784563

Kuranai

The Fool
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2020
.With so many games and so many devs we've heard every reason under the sun why content isn't being released from illness to deaths to hardware dying to full scale natural disasters taking out entire countries (not a lie, there was an earthquake that took out a devs entire homeland, no word from him for a while now so don't know if he's still alive or what).
The guys talking about the wegdev curse were not joking it seems .

Reactions: hawk784563

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
Well, it is actually easy to answer. Some People are much Stronger then Others. And you can say it's a Big Part of the Healing Process to talk bout this sort of things.
I understand that, but Braindrop problems started two years ago, and were nowhere near what LoF Dev had to endure. BD has been, at least i hope, in therapy for two years, and is getting around 20k a month for this.

The problems didnt start a month ago.

Try to find a job where you will get two years of patience with a high income.

Shit happens to everyone, i know a doctor in my town that got into a car accident a few years ago where he was driving and his daughter died while he obviously survived. Imagine the guilt he should be feeling every second of his life.

And yet, he still has to work. At some point, you need to move on.

EroPulse

Apr 18, 2020
I always find it hilarious that people who defend any devs, not just BD by saying "YoU'Re oN a PiRaTe SiTe!!" when in fact, they are also on a pirate site?

What do they expect people here to be like? Why use that as your basis for defense? If you're a Patron or on SS, Discord, etc... just go chat there? It's actually because of sites like this that I've found creators that I'd otherwise not have found and who I have actually pledged to after enjoying their game initially for free.

I've already admitted that I'm not a supporter of BD, his business practices within the last several months have been a big reason for that, and I've recently pulled my pledge from SS waiting for the TBA tech update. As someone above has said, I don't think I've seen anyone here actually post mean/hateful comments directly at BD, but towards his behavior relating to the game itself.

I don't need to be a patron to complain about bullshit when I see it. The same way I'm not a politician, but can still complain about bullshit politicians.

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
I'm excited for the flowery excuses the new pr guy has to share.
This is another bullshit from Braindrop.

If he knows he is having issues, and has been having for 2 years, instead of hiring a PR guy, hire someone that helps you WITH THE GAME.

I know he prefers to work alone, but for the last 2 years he has been unable to properly work at all, we dont want better excuses, we want progress with the game.

Accept your limitations, swallow your pride, and hire help.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes