Noid42

May 19, 2018
I have a feeling this game is about to get abandoned based on how little he's been doing with it over the past year and a half on top of his increased radio silence as well as the last post he made hinting towards how he seems to no longer want to make this game. Only reason I see him not abandoning it is because he needs that money, so every 8-13 months, we may see a 100-300 render update just to keep patreon's satisfied.
In a previous comment a month ago I gave this project 6-8 months before being abandoned.
Now, after BD releasing a very disappointing update (and I'm not even talking about the amount of renders), then ignoring his promise to release another update soon after, and going radio silent, removing Patreons, etc, it seems to me it won't even take that long.
I don't have a strong feeling towards BD, I stopped supporting financially over 6 months ago and am not entitled to anything, I just honestly don't see how the man who can't mentally handle the wind blowing the wrong way could deal with all the (justifiable) negative feelings towards him while catching up on a bunch of work he couldn't handle for a year now, and even if he could - he wrote himself into such a mess story-wise, there's no going back even with the planned rework.
lately I mostly stuck around for shits and giggles, but that got a bit boring too. I seriously hope BD will be fair to his patreons and just officially abandon this one instead of milking it for as long as possible like some other devs, as I honestly believe BD is a reasonable person that just got in way above his head.

I may be completely wrong about everything and I'd be glad to find out that I am, but I doubt it.

FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019
I don't think BD had anyone else working on it besides him. But I do feel that the writing has taken a nosedive. It started off decent for an adult vn. Yet the few updates, have been nothing short of bad.

I am sure BD will make a book long Braindrop about him taking some time off but just in time for the next month to collect his donations or paycheck for August.

snakeplisskin

Mar 19, 2018
New content is out for this month. Another portion was supposed to be released last month but Mr Braindrop likely involved himself in another uphill battle against dear life.
Most importantly adjust your pledge accordingly because you never know.
Not sure.what happened behind the scenes but he released an update beginning of July around the 3rd with another update supposed to follow it pretty quickly.

But it had been complete silence since the updste. He really shot himself in the foot promising to have steady updates through june and July finishing up all he had ready by August.

JGNeon

Feb 24, 2021
I bet allot of people are asleep at the wheel with their finances.

Does Patron take out self employment taxes? Do they send out 1099s every year.
This would be a good gig except for self employment taxes. And then the state always wants their hunk of flesh.
Maybe it's not that way where you live.
No, Patreon doesn't withold any taxes for creators (they only add on sales tax or VAT to pledgers directly).
(various articles on this topic specifically, both for US and European creators)

If you're in the US, you will receive a 1099-K form if you're within the earnings threshold for your state ( ).

Income tax rules and regulations vary from territory to territory (even from state to state in the US), so as a creator, you'll still have to report tax information to your local agency, if necessary (to avoid any issues with a possible tax audit at some point). The article list I linked above contains some information, but if you're outside the US or EU, you might have to check with your country's tax collection entity.

Zerorox

Dec 5, 2021
Just finished latest version of the game, I liked the Characters visuals overall)
I think it was mistake to read all dialogs though... and I'll be seeing Jamie kisses in my nightmares from now on...

Reactions: CircaAD

Banish

Mar 29, 2019
My theory is BD had a second person working with him on the game.

That person is gone now and he can't do much alone and alk these excuses are just to buy time until he finds someone else.

Roll with me here, it's just a theory. BD has always released an insane amount of content, way more then most one man teams can do. The art was always kinda bipolar, you'd have different styles of renders in the same update.

The main thing is the writing. The past few updates were written very differently compared to the last two years, like they were written by a different person.

So even if BD comes back, I doubt the game will be what it used to be.

Though I don't think he will come back. If he was planning on it, he would have made a Patreon post about it and his worshippers would have gobbled it up, just like his cock.
My theory is that BD actually got kidnapped by Aliens last year they cloned him and replaced him that's why the writing in season 2 took a nosedive. The clone barely know Daz & Renpy and he got to relearn everything from scratch. That or he just doesn't give a fuck since he's getting paid doing nothing.

kcaldw

Feb 19, 2021
My theory is that BD actually got kidnapped by Aliens last year they cloned him and replaced him that's why the writing in season 2 took a nosedive. The clone barely know Daz & Renpy and he got to relearn everything from scratch. That or he just doesn't give a fuck since he's getting paid doing nothing.
He doesn't give a fuck what so ever. The only way that it will matter to him is when he starts to lose money.

kcaldw

Feb 19, 2021
Seeing as how he somehow keeps gaining new supporters, I don’t see that ever happening.
His BS will eventually catch up with him and bite him in the ass it's just a matter of time. The longer the con goes on the more people will come around to the same conclusion that he's just another scam artist just like ICSTOR. In order for him to get bake in his fans good graces he's got to stop the bullshit a put out the updates that his sorry ass promised last Dec, and Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr and so on. Until that happens he's just a lying thief that hasn't gotten caught yet.

May 30, 2018
His BS will eventually catch up with him and bite him in the ass it's just a matter of time. The longer the con goes on the more people will come around to the same conclusion that he's just another scam artist just like ICSTOR. In order for him to get bake in his fans good graces he's got to stop the bullshit a put out the updates that his sorry ass promised last Dec, and Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr and so on. Until that happens he's just a lying thief that hasn't gotten caught yet.
For him to release the next update, the patrons have to adjust their pledges accordingly first.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes