Kellermann

Engaged Member
Oct 20, 2020
Wonder if we'll ever hear from Mackenzie again?
I miss that fake persona. RIP 2022 We hardly got to know you imaginary PR lady. :cry:
When you get to imaginary person heaven, please say hello to my invisible mate Fred. I haven't chatted with him since I was 7 years old. :HideThePain:

I expect this from Jamie/Shauna if anyone is trying to mess up with the harem.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
:unsure: I thought they got off on it? Or do you mean breaking it up instead of adding more to it?

airwolf69

May 17, 2020
I honestly thought the game is dead. As a result, my last playthrough was way back version 0.76. I want to play again so how can I play back in? All version below 1.0 is season 1 correct? Where can I download it?

Reactions: lorddarkam

Wen I Say

Mar 17, 2019
One of the biggest problem is patreon charging for Month, and not for UPDATE, this guy is living well off without working, also this means he dont actually cares about his family since he put them in danger scamming people instead of doing his work, most guys think of patreon as some kind of government handout
That's not a Patreon problem that's the content creator's decision you can charge per update I'm subbed to a few authors that do exactly that.

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
That's not a Patreon problem that's the content creator's decision you can charge per update I'm subbed to a few authors that do exactly that.
I wish more did that. I would support far more of them. Now when someone I support doesn't update that month, I drop support and never go back to them. To me, it's generally a sign of the developers dwindling interest in creating the game.

jasont123

Aug 14, 2020
Per BDs discord:

Braindrop Today at 6:20 PM
I've been in the hospital

Not gonna go deep, still feel like shit but here's the short.
Was sick before the last post, was told it was the flu. Few days later I wake up in the middle of the night feeling like my stomach is gonna explode, rush to hospital, few hours later I no longer own an appendix.
Go home 2 days later, wake up in middle of night feeling the same pain. Now been in the hospital for over a week being monitored. Also turns out I did have the flu and got pneumonia, coughing a lot and it fucking hurts.
I'm finally starting to feel better but my ass got kicked.

Didn't mean to go dark and intended to update as soon as I felt better but things got fucked and I didn't want to say anything until things got better.
There's always people that assume I'm evil and lying and gotta say the last thing I wanted to do was read that shit while laying here feeling like this.
Told Mackenzie to go ahead and take the rest of the year off since she had plans to go back to her family for Christmas.

Not sure how much longer I'll be here, my vitals still aren't where they need to be but it hopefully won't be much longer.
Really bad timing all things considered but it is what it is, just focused on getting healthy and the update will be out very soon after.

Sorry again for not saying anything, I would make a post on patreon/SS but I only have access to those from my PC. I messaged Mackenzie asking her to post something just now but I'm not sure when she'll see it.

Jace_Herondale

Apr 2, 2020
Per BDs discord:

Was sick before the last post, was told it was the flu. Few days later I wake up in the middle of the night feeling like my stomach is gonna explode, rush to hospital, few hours later I no longer own an appendix.
Go home 2 days later, wake up in middle of night feeling the same pain. Now been in the hospital for over a week being monitored. Also turns out I did have the flu and got pneumonia, coughing a lot and it fucking hurts.

Didn't mean to go dark and intended to update as soon as I felt better but things got fucked and I didn't want to say anything until things got better.
There's always people that assume I'm evil and lying and gotta say the last thing I wanted to do was read that shit while laying here feeling like this.
Told Mackenzie to go ahead and take the rest of the year off since she had plans to go back to her family for Christmas.

Not sure how much longer I'll be here, my vitals still aren't where they need to be but it hopefully won't be much longer.
Really bad timing all things considered but it is what it is, just focused on getting healthy and the update will be out very soon after.

Sorry again for not saying anything, I would make a post on patreon/SS but I only have access to those from my PC. I messaged Mackenzie asking her to post something just now but I'm not sure when she'll see it.
I would want to believe him but at this point, he has zero credibility for me. I am not saying he's laying. I am saying I cannot say if he is at this point.

EroPulse

Apr 18, 2020
Per BDs discord:

He's done this to himself. He wouldn't have to worry about people saying he's evil and lying if he wasn't evil and lying all the time.

This is a pattern with these devs. They get to a certain level of subs and suddenly "get sick" or have "personal issues" going on and can't update and go silent for a few months to observe how their subs do. When it's noted that they barely loose any, well suddenly, they're sick a lot more and have a lot more going on that causes them to not be able to work on the game. I'm not saying dev's don't get sick, or have sudden life emergencies that take priority, it's when it's weaponized against their patreons to get paid to do as little work as possible.

I found it weird how "Mackenzie" has been silent. He hired her to be his PR person. This is literally the situation you hired her for and he "told her to take the year off". If she was real, clearly they've been in contact. The last thing she could have posted before taking that year off is simple. "Hey guys, Mackenzie here. BD is in the hopital, and he told me to take the year off. He'll update you when he's feeling better." Not that I believe Mackenzie is an actual person, but why am I surprised he can't maintain anything for to long.

Havoc_313

May 22, 2017
He's done this to himself. He wouldn't have to worry about people saying he's evil and lying if he wasn't evil and lying all the time.

This is a pattern with these devs. They get to a certain level of subs and suddenly "get sick" or have "personal issues" going on and can't update and go silent for a few months to observe how their subs do. When it's noted that they barely loose any, well suddenly, they're sick a lot more and have a lot more going on that causes them to not be able to work on the game. I'm not saying dev's don't get sick, or have sudden life emergencies that take priority, it's when it's weaponized against their patreons to get paid to do as little work as possible.

I found it weird how "Mackenzie" has been silent. He hired her to be his PR person. This is literally the situation you hired her for and he "told her to take the year off". If she was real, clearly they've been in contact. The last thing she could have posted before taking that year off is simple. "Hey guys, Mackenzie here. BD is in the hospital, and he told me to take the year off. He'll update you when he's feeling better." Not that I believe Mackenzie is an actual person, but why am I surprised he can't maintain anything for to long.
Listen, coming from a person who's life has literally been a rollercoaster of bad shit happening one after the other I can truly say that it's not impossible what BD is saying and that's not even me saying I do or don't believe him. I'm still in the thick of bull crap and my creativity is on life support because of it but for me personally that only adds to my pain because my creativity was on of the few bright spots in my life that I had left as it's on a very very short list of things keeping me waking up daily.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
From the things they say, being a AVN dev must be the most dangerous job in the world.
I can't speak to a lot of what they've ever said, but I would imagine there would be a lot of stress and pressure to keep up a very popular project. Deadlines and quality etc. Then of course there's the spiraling and increasing stress of failing to meet those demands.

Add to all that any other internal or external factors and pressures and things can get very bad very quickly.

It's a miracle more independent solo devs don't crash and burn.

I sure as hell wouldn't be able to handle it all.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
From the things they say, being a AVN dev must be the most dangerous job in the world.
Nah, I think that honor still goes to the person working at a cash register on a daily basis.

Having myself had a life which is a complete shit show (thankfully not quite literally) I can have some understanding when people have legitimate problems, but the issue does become one of "How do we know it's legit this time?"

He burned up a lot of faith and good karma from people with what appears to have been a constant string of bullshit for most of the the last year or so, the way I hear it. And rather than having the mystery Mack provide an update, now they are conveniently "off for the year", when a digital presence online is relatively easy, even via a cellular phone. This sorta semi-reinforces the idea that she's not a real individual in the first place and was just another layer of smoke adding to his prior delaying tactics and potential BS.

I mean, I hate to say it (because of a potential out-of-context interpretation), but I hope his ass is in the hospital, for his own credibility's sake if nothing else - but I don't actively wish people that level of bad health. Been there, dealt with it, it sucks ass, and I didn't lose my appendix in the process (though I did lose a kidney, so I guess you could argue some factor of 'literal' to the shit show).

I hope he's not full of shit. I hope he heals. I hope his fans aren't abandoned by another dev who turns out to be a scammy bastard.
(esp. because I want a bit more Zoe and Bailey first)

Kassan06969

Apr 14, 2022
There has been a study about it indeed, but that's just a study. For appendicitis the golden standard remains a surgical removal.
The treatment via antibiotics is becoming more and more common as the appendix has shown to play a role in the immune system, and surgery has risks. Appendectomy started in the 19th century. As long as it hasn't burst or gotten close, better to keep it. At least in the developed world.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes