Wen I Say

Mar 17, 2019
bruh he really really really can't keep crying wolf his appendix needs to come out Just like that? Feeling sick then 2 days later blam bloated appendix? Bruh I just can't given recent events believe that. I understand life is spontaneous but his life seems like it's the spontaneity highway.......I'm aware that this could happen to anyone at any time but this happened to BD on his "I need an extra week" tour coincidence? So extra long wait for this one fellas gotta wait for him to heal more delays probably etc.

Last edited:

Wen I Say

Mar 17, 2019
I can't speak to a lot of what they've ever said, but I would imagine there would be a lot of stress and pressure to keep up a very popular project. Deadlines and quality etc. Then of course there's the spiraling and increasing stress of failing to meet those demands.

Add to all that any other internal or external factors and pressures and things can get very bad very quickly.

It's a miracle more independent solo devs don't crash and burn.

I sure as hell wouldn't be able to handle it all.
I'm not a developer but I have a high-stress job and for me, it comes down to compartmentalization you have to understand and expect that things will go wrong and there will be things you can't control so the only things you need to focus on are limiting the risk of things going wrong and controlling the things you can control it's literally that simple now there are exceptions to this rule but the expectations do not disprove the rule.

karumi56

Oct 7, 2019
bruh he really really really can't keep crying wolf his appendix needs to come out Just like that? Feeling sick then 2 days later blam bloated appendix? Bruh I just can't given recent events believe that. I understand life is spontaneous but his life seems like it's the spontaneity highway.......I'm aware that this could happen to anyone at any time but this happened to BD on his "I need an extra week" tour coincidence? So extra long wait for this one fellas gotta wait for him to heal more delays probably etc.
It's also that as he's gone through these cycles, every time it gets bigger, more desperate. If you go back a couple years in this thread, it starts out with Internet issues. Then each time it gets more involved. If he'd simply said "I'm taking the holidays off to be with family, back soon" nobody would've have had an issue (well almost nobody ;)).

But not just appendicitis, but flu and pneumonia...as if one isn't enough?

Last edited:

juan palote

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2017
I'm talking about in the US and probably Europe, Australia, etc. Not the 3rd world.
I am pretty sure in most of the places you named, extraction is the way to go

Risking the appendix to bloat is just not worth it, since if it does, you would now be facing a peritonitis, and suddenly the risks go WAY up with serious chances of dying

karumi56

Oct 7, 2019
His wife couldn't post an update for him either? Sounds like more excuses to me... Every update seems to have many of them. What ever happened to those 2000+ renders?
BD has previously said that the game is an embarrassment for him regarding his family. I wouldn't expect anyone other than BD to give updates (for other reasons as well).

• Haha
Reactions: lorddarkam

StantheMan69

Aug 10, 2017
Per BDs discord:

Braindrop Today at 6:20 PM
I've been in the hospital

Not gonna go deep, still feel like shit but here's the short.
Was sick before the last post, was told it was the flu. Few days later I wake up in the middle of the night feeling like my stomach is gonna explode, rush to hospital, few hours later I no longer own an appendix.
Go home 2 days later, wake up in middle of night feeling the same pain. Now been in the hospital for over a week being monitored. Also turns out I did have the flu and got pneumonia, coughing a lot and it fucking hurts.
I'm finally starting to feel better but my ass got kicked.

Didn't mean to go dark and intended to update as soon as I felt better but things got fucked and I didn't want to say anything until things got better.
There's always people that assume I'm evil and lying and gotta say the last thing I wanted to do was read that shit while laying here feeling like this.
Told Mackenzie to go ahead and take the rest of the year off since she had plans to go back to her family for Christmas.

Not sure how much longer I'll be here, my vitals still aren't where they need to be but it hopefully won't be much longer.
Really bad timing all things considered but it is what it is, just focused on getting healthy and the update will be out very soon after.

Sorry again for not saying anything, I would make a post on patreon/SS but I only have access to those from my PC. I messaged Mackenzie asking her to post something just now but I'm not sure when she'll see it.
at this point, he has zero credibility for me. I am not saying he's laying. I am saying I cannot say if he is at this point.
I would like to believe him too but I half expect the next delay to be a post about him being in a comma for 6 month and how sorry he is and how he will get an update out as soon and he is feeling better. Probably shouldn't joke but it kind of how it seems to be going. If it wasn't for bad luck BD wouldn't have any luck it seems.

Reactions: TheJesterrrrrrrr

Wen I Say

Mar 17, 2019
It's also that as he's gone through these cycles, every time it gets bigger, more desperate. If you go back a couple years in this thread, it starts out with Internet issues. Then each time time gets more involved. If he'd simply said "I'm taking the holidays off to be with family, back soon" nobody would've have had an issue (well almost nobody ;)).

But not just appendicitis, but flu and pneumonia...as if one isn't enough?
we'll see because he's rapidly running out of organs to say flatlined and here's hoping the family dogs are in good health because lord knows if lassie goes home we won't see a release till 2033.

Wolfen5

Mar 4, 2019
As I've previously said, this is nothing new. Other devs have gone down this road, demonstrating identical patterns of behavior. Some are now abandoned while others are still in limbo.
I've enjoyed the game up to a point that ended about a year ago but am always curious as to how it develops. Hope those patiently waiting get their time's worth if, and when, more of the game comes out.

FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019
I would like to believe him too but I half expect the next delay to be a post about him being in a comma for 6 month and how sorry he is and how he will get an update out as soon and he is feeling better. Probably shouldn't joke but it kind of how it seems to be going. If it wasn't for bad luck BD wouldn't have any luck it seems.
He is making stuff up to delay the nothing he has done for months. It surprises me that after all this time from the last update which was in June or July with the 400 renders that he promised to break the 2000 render update that he promised to release by in April or January. But the plan was to release chunks of that update. It's December.

I had to catch up with his excuses of BD and I find it laughable. I have been away from the thread and game. More exciting games, I have been playing. But out of curiosity I looked and behold the excuses still continue. Funny how on the 19th of November he was supposed to release something and, on the day, he says he needs more time. Then he says he has been in the hospital.

Another funny thing is this McGuffin character is away on vacation lol and can't post an update? I thought BD gave her his login credentials to his patreon site. Which you could do from anywhere. I don't believe McCracker is real. I mean why would BD give someone their login credentials to login to their patreon site to see their bank account etc that may be store on his account. I wouldn't be surprise if the next excuse is this McDonald hijacked his account and went on a trip to Jamaica with the money BD has been making.

The guy is lying. But his supporters are too blind by pussy to see that.

Zpank

Aug 11, 2022
I see my folder is named "WVM-0.6.7.1-pc"... while the newest downloadable version is 0.10 which hopefully means I have some new content to play through. Can I just transfer my saves and start from where I left off in the previous version or do I have to play through the game once more?

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
I see my folder is named "WVM-0.6.7.1-pc"... while the newest downloadable version is 0.10 which hopefully means I have some new content to play through. Can I just transfer my saves and start from where I left off in the previous version or do I have to play through the game once more?
It should be just extract and play as your saves should be there unless you deleted them from their location.

lorddarkam

Jan 1, 2018
I wish more did that. I would support far more of them. Now when someone I support doesn't update that month, I drop support and never go back to them. To me, it's generally a sign of the developers dwindling interest in creating the game.
Metoo

Black Mamba24

Oct 7, 2018
The treatment via antibiotics is becoming more and more common as the appendix has shown to play a role in the immune system, and surgery has risks. Appendectomy started in the 19th century. As long as it hasn't burst or gotten close, better to keep it. At least in the developed world.
Completely disagree and I live in Western Europe, but that's fair if you want to believe that.

Phoexist

Mar 11, 2020
Completely disagree and I live in Western Europe, but that's fair if you want to believe that.
They could be talking about an actual 'open appendectomy'. Those are pretty rare now in Western medicine. Usually only necessary if the infection has spread far beyond the appendix or it has already ruptured. Surgery is still the primary treatment, but its a laparoscopic surgery only needing a tiny hole in your navel. Antibiotics do work though, if you manage to catch it very early on. However, few go to the hospital until it progresses to be pretty bad.

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes