Feb 20, 2022
It does seem odd for people who provide no equivalent good in an exchange, nor have a legally binding guarantee, forcing the trading party to provide whatever was agreed upon, to feel entitled to receive any good.

If Mackenzie was fake, good for BD, it seemed to allow him to distance himself from a very hostile and unappreciative crowd, get back into his flow and recover.
If he chooses to pore over this exhibition game, so he may.
It's his work, he obviously has a vision of its development, and the uniqueness of it is a very nice thing.

Even his Patreons entered into a state of willing financial support.
If they deem the services he provides not worthy of the financial contribution they are making, they can unsubscribe.
Though, it most be said, we don't know how much he works, and measuring time of work is difficult anyhow, even in 9-5 professions, as concentration wavers, how much more in creative industries.

There are creators of similar products who have preconditioned access on a purchase.

We all seem to be, to differing degrees, invested in the continuation of this game, so why can't you people make what appears to be the entirely rational and strategic choice (based on the apparent impact on the creator*) of being supportive, or at the very least constructively critical?

*Making him unwilling to engage with the people to which he markets his product, most of which receive it free of charge, curtesy of his good-will, is concerning, and seems to hamper productivity.
One needs not boundless sympathy for one's compatriots, only so much a mind as to ascertain one's own best interest.

el_rayan07

Feb 26, 2021
It does seem odd for people who provide no equivalent good in an exchange, nor have a legally binding guarantee, forcing the trading party to provide whatever was agreed upon, to feel entitled to receive any good.

If Mackenzie was fake, good for BD, it seemed to allow him to distance himself from a very hostile and unappreciative crowd, get back into his flow and recover.
If he chooses to pore over this exhibition game, so he may.
It's his work, he obviously has a vision of its development, and the uniqueness of it is a very nice thing.

Even his Patreons entered into a state of willing financial support.
If they deem the services he provides not worthy of the financial contribution they are making, they can unsubscribe.
Though, it most be said, we don't know how much he works, and measuring time of work is difficult anyhow, even in 9-5 professions, as concentration wavers, how much more in creative industries.

There are creators of similar products who have preconditioned access on a purchase.

We all seem to be, to differing degrees, invested in the continuation of this game, so why can't you people make what appears to be the entirely rational and strategic choice (based on the apparent impact on the creator*) of being supportive, or at the very least constructively critical?

*Making him unwilling to engage with the people to which he markets his product, most of which receive it free of charge, curtesy of his good-will, is concerning, and seems to hamper productivity.
One needs not boundless sympathy for one's compatriots, only so much a mind as to ascertain one's own best interest.
In my opinion you have to understand the frustration of people due to all the delays that have been happening these past 2 years more or less, i mean im not saying we sould go to his house with torches, but you cant just say that people should be supportive of BD after all those delays ( i'm not saying that he is lying about all the shit he has been through ) but i do understand where all the frustration is coming from

Wolfen5

Mar 4, 2019
I honestly think Braindrop has no interest in continuing development but doesn't want to give up the six-figures he makes at the expense of his supporters. He delays constantly and refuses to keep us informed. If you're still defending him at this point then you need to lay off the copium and open your eyes.
It's both strange and ironic that I see this type of opinion on every "popular" game here that pulls in large amounts of money from supporters and seems to peter off the development speed over time.
There are both reasons and excuses to argue both sides of the debate but it really only comes down to the ones paying. Is it still worth it for to do so. If so, who are we to say what they should spend/waste their money on. If not, easy enough to stop payment. I went through this whole spiel with others on another game that's now marked abandoned and have come to realize it's moot.
We can wish in one hand and poop in the other, and see which gets filled first. :poop:

PaiLord

Aug 20, 2021
People need to understand that bad or hurtful comments only saps the motivation and energy off the creator. Nobody likes to see or hear people saying bad things to them when they're trying their best to cater to the needy players' demands. Give him space and time to work things out. If he still can't deliver, leave the questioning to his patreon subscribers as only they have the right to ask for answers.

Individual

Oct 4, 2022
People need to understand that bad or hurtful comments only saps the motivation and energy off the creator. Nobody likes to see or hear people saying bad things to them when they're trying their best to cater to the needy players' demands. Give him space and time to work things out. If he still can't deliver, leave the questioning to his patreon subscribers as only they have the right to ask for answers.
You clearly haven't been paying attention. The dude makes six-figures and has been constantly delaying updates for like a year. Nobody here is bullying him, he's not the victim of anything. His actions have destroyed the faith his supporters have in him especially when he promised he was going to come back strong and has already gone back to his old ways only a month or two after claiming he was getting back on track.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
His actions have destroyed the faith his supporters have in him especially when he promised he was going to come back strong and has already gone back to his old ways only a month or two after claiming he was getting back on track.
It does somewhat remind me of somebody dealing with substance abuse issues, honestly. But in fairness, it's not my money he's spending on it, so I guess I'm not really impacted by it on a relevant scale.

StantheMan69

Aug 10, 2017
I share the frustration, but the anger and hatred and accusing BD of milking or lying about a game wherein the MC goes out of his way to sympathize and understand other people's problems (in order to get more LIs) does seem a bit ironic.
I can see why people would feel he is milking his supporters. He has stated in one of his BD he was not going to pause donations because he need that money to support his family. That makes this game a job, if you are using the money to support yourself and family. Its a job and tell me what job is a person able to go weeks without have work done. Yet BD gone months with little to no work to show. Last December he said that an update was almost done. It only needed some bug testing and little polishing. That update was supposed to be 2000 + renders. 6 months later none had gotten the update yet and when he did give people an update it was around 400 render. That is far from what he told everyone they was getting. Tell me one other job he would get away with not giving delivering work? So from people looking in he is sitting around doing little to no work and getting money for it. Then every time he says "hey I got something to show you I am working and doing my job." It is delayed and then delayed again. Who knows how long until it finally gets posted. How else does it look?

Individual

Oct 4, 2022
It's about to be the third week of delays. It's really disappointing that Braindrop came back saying he was going to get this "Mackenzie" identity to help him and get back on track with consistent updates but instead the only notable change was him being greedy asking for more money for his Patreon tiers. If the update doesn't come out this week, I'm abandoning the game and never looking back.

lorddarkam

Jan 1, 2018
I can see why people would feel he is milking his supporters. He has stated in one of his BD he was not going to pause donations because he need that money to support his family. That makes this game a job, if you are using the money to support yourself and family. Its a job and tell me what job is a person able to go weeks without have work done. Yet BD gone months with little to no work to show. Last December he said that an update was almost done. It only needed some bug testing and little polishing. That update was supposed to be 2000 + renders. 6 months later none had gotten the update yet and when he did give people an update it was around 400 render. That is far from what he told everyone they was getting. Tell me one other job he would get away with not giving delivering work? So from people looking in he is sitting around doing little to no work and getting money for it. Then every time he says "hey I got something to show you I am working and doing my job." It is delayed and then delayed again. Who knows how long until it finally gets posted. How else does it look?
One of the biggest problem is patreon charging for Month, and not for UPDATE, this guy is living well off without working, also this means he dont actually cares about his family since he put them in danger scamming people instead of doing his work, most guys think of patreon as some kind of government handout

3.70 star(s) 642 Votes