Individual

Oct 4, 2022
Can we just give this game an abandoned tag? I don't want it to end but it's going to end. By the time Braindrop gets back to consistent updates humanity is going to achieve immortality and ascend to a higher plane of existence. We all know Mackenzie isn't real and if she is then she is the worst communicator that has ever existed. We get a hard release date then two weeks later we still have no idea when the update is coming. My guess is December 19th but if I'm being honest I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't come out until December 19th 2023.

Meehaha

Aug 18, 2020
I have a slightly but only slightly controversial theory.
Based on the writing style and the inconsistent updates.
BD is in fact 13 his mother has found out he is writing an adult VN and has banned him from using the internet.
Really quite liked the beginning of WVM but things have gone badly down hill in both story and update schedule.
The best thing about WVM now is reading this amusing forum.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
I have a slightly but only slightly controversial theory.
Based on the writing style and the inconsistent updates.
BD is in fact 13 his mother has found out he is writing an adult VN and has banned him from using the internet.
Really quite liked the beginning of WVM but things have gone badly down hill in both story and update schedule.
The best thing about WVM now is reading this amusing forum.
That would be one crazy talented 13 year old

Meehaha

Aug 18, 2020
That would be one crazy talented 13 year old
Talented have you actually compared White Van Man or whatever it stands for to decent modern VNs. WVM was good for its time but hasn't really progressed much in the last however many years its been going. Super simplistic story, ok renders with not so great lighting. Good when it came out but now not so much. Story such as it is seems buried in mega harem. Not a bad thing but how many more its getting a bit stale now.

Havoc_313

May 22, 2017
Can we just give this game an abandoned tag? I don't want it to end but it's going to end. By the time Braindrop gets back to consistent updates humanity is going to achieve immortality and ascend to a higher plane of existence. We all know Mackenzie isn't real and if she is then she is the worst communicator that has ever existed. We get a hard release date then two weeks later we still have no idea when the update is coming. My guess is December 19th but if I'm being honest I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't come out until December 19th 2023.
Why don't you just stop paying attention to it? It can be abandoned to you no problem.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Talented have you actually compared White Van Man or whatever it stands for to decent modern VNs. WVM was good for its time but hasn't really progressed much in the last however many years its been going. Super simplistic story, ok renders with not so great lighting. Good when it came out but now not so much. Story such as it is seems buried in mega harem. Not a bad thing but how many more its getting a bit stale now.
Ok, even assuming WVM isn't as good as newer or other VNs, and I'm not going to argue for or against that for the moment, how many 13 year year olds do you think would be able to make a game as good as this one in the first place let alone a game as good as the ones you're thinking of?

At the end of the day, it'd still be a talented 13 year old

Meehaha

Aug 18, 2020
Ok, even assuming WVM isn't as good as newer or other VNs, and I'm not going to argue for or against that for the moment, how many 13 year year olds do you think would be able to make a game as good as this one in the first place let alone a game as good as the ones you're thinking of?

At the end of the day, it'd still be a talented 13 year old
Ok you have me there a really talented 13 year old or a nearly talented rather average almost computer literate 15 year old. Cant even work out how to back up saves. Think that's been an excuse before.

Riggnarock

Jun 17, 2020

Fuck, not fun having to make another one of these.

Long story short, the update isn't ready and won't be ready today, though it's very close to being done.
Shortly after the last post I got sick again and dealing with Thanksgiving plans and family took a lot longer than I expected it to. Too many things slowed me down.

Not going to give any dates this time around as things haven't been going to plan for me recently.
Remaining work consists of finishing a scene, re-rendering a few images that had errors, re-rendering an animation where the lighting was tweaked midway through on accident, and the usual in terms of final touch ups in photoshop as well as touch ups on the script.

I get back to back delays is definitely concerning, not going to pretend it isn't especially when the first delay was based on me being unsure about my work. But all I can say on that is I'm not in the head space I was in when things kept being delayed over and over again. As soon as the things detailed above are finished, this will be released. No more tweaking everything.
I will also say that the render work I did accomplish this week was mainly the small scenes that connect the bigger ones together and in doing so my confidence about the update has went up drastically. They really helped tie up the parts that I felt were a little too loose.

Like I've said a lot at this point, making this exhibition game was difficult. There's so much work that went into it that won't be directly seen and there's a lot of tricks I had to use to make things work. Overall I still feel it's a little scuffed but the first game was made an exhibition on purpose as well as a few other things to give me the opportunity to learn how the hell to do it and pull it off without it being too consequential if the first one sucks lol.

But yeah, I know confidence is still at an all time low and this delay definitely won't help that. I can't do much to counter act that at this point sadly but I personally am feeling really good about the future. This exhibition game has been a stress inducer for me for over a year now and I know once I'm past it that things will become drastically easier. It was a huge time sink but I learned a fuck ton from it and we're gonna keep on moving forward.

Birthday Renders will also be pushed until after the update releases.
Remaining polls for this month will be held over the next few days.

And if you're wondering where Mackenzie is, she's been visiting her family and is returning on the 28th. Which is why I've been the one to write these delay posts.

Once again, I do apologize for the delays. I shouldn't have given 2 hard release dates on a release that I was iffy about at the time.
It won't be long and I am very grateful for the patience you all have shown. And I also fully understand the frustration that I have caused and I am regretful about that.
I was very eager to "prove" I was back and I was setting goals at too quick of a pace to keep up with considering where we're currently at.
We have changes taking place already to how we'll be releasing in the future and we'll detail that in the post that will follow the update.

Happy late Thanksgiving to all those that celebrate it.
Hope you all have a good one.

-Braindrop
about this [exhibition] part. are you talking about the match? becouse if you tweak to much about it, or put to much time into it that would propably be wasting time. for i got a feeling that just like me alot of peaple are gonna fastclick through that match just to get to da good parts.

Ilhares

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2019
Too be fair, most folk don't backup anything.
Well, that's true. Eventually I set up BTSync (now Resilio) on my desktop, it mirrors a selection of vital goods to my media server and former roommate's machine. Considering how old some of my media library is, I also added 5TB to the desktop and ran it the other direction.

But for sane, recoverable offline backups? Only some source code from my MUD server, which is on phone, mirrora, and USB sticks. I have made far too many complex changes over the last 13-14 years, and I hope to never have to try that again from the ground up.

Most VNs that I have found worth playing here are not so complex that the loss of a save is problematic. Tab key powers through most anything if I have to replace them.

Reactions: HeavyMetalSuizid
3.70 star(s) 642 Votes